Start by marking “No Two Ways (Unboxed, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
No Two Ways (Unboxed, Book 1)

No Two Ways (Unboxed, Book 1)

***CWs at the bottom***

AJ Felipe makes the most of being the head information security engineer for a local law firm with the help of her loyal team of nerds. Their job isn't really the most fun, but things take a turn when one of her junior security engineers decides to nominate her for a makeover show.

Enter Jackie Niño, the one-night stand AJ didn't expect to meet again—
Published April 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about No Two Ways, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Two Ways

Karla (leersucks)
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
BI REPRESENTATION BIIIIIITCH

Getting to know AJ has been delightful, she’s so chill and understanding, even when not everyone acts the same way towards her. Honestly, I would have snapped more than once. (THOSE TEXT MESSAGES DUDE! Believe me, you all wouldn’t like to read what I would have replied).

To me, AJ makes the book. She’s awesome. She’s also bisexual and her dating life gets complicated whenever she meets lesbians who are turned off by her bisexuality or straight guys who are way too turn
Tabs
May 19, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 79% for biphobia. I was wary of this book from the love-triangle-esque blurb but hoped the blurb wasn't really what the book was about. Luckily, it isn't. There really is no love triangle.

However, the main love interest, Jackie, is biphobic and the main character, AJ, is bi. AJ has a low tolerance for biphobia and bounces on Jackie because of it after a terrific one night but they meet again later and Jackie apologizes for her behavior. But at 79% in the book she's still biphobic, possib
Inah (The Bibliophile Confessions)
2013 me would have been really ecstatic upon learning that a book with a bisexual MC set in the Philippines exists. Although, present me was really excited when I learned that Chi Yu Rodriguez was indeed writing this book. I have to thank her for it.

No Two Ways tells the story of AJ Felipe, an information security engineer,who likes to take things casual in a no strings attached kind of way, until she meets Jackie, her one night stand turned make up artist in a reality show she ended up joining.
H. Bentham
"Kissing with no purpose other than to make out was one of the greatest things known to mankind."

This has got to be the (!)best(!) Chi Yu Rodriguez book. thus. far. and I've liked ALL of her released books so that's saying something! This is her first F/F romance novella after Five Inches Below the Knee in LoveQLC, and the first romanceclass book with a Bi MC. I liked that there was a note at the beginning about the queer representation bec truly, the experience is unique for each of us, and th
H. Bentham

Marissa
Otherwise the story was very lovely to read. AJ is a great character and I was rooting for her and Jackie to work it out at the end. No Two Ways was a quick but enjoyable read. I would defiantly recommend this story to anyone looking for a good contemporary romance featuring a bisexual female character.

Full review at MarissaLongo.com
Amanda
I liked a lot of things about this book, except for one main issue. Unfortunately, that issue a huge part of this book. The main character, AJ, is bisexual. But her love interest, Jackie, is biphobic and this never really changes.

To start with what I liked: the ownvoices bi rep from a bi WOC. This rep is so important. I love that AJ had a large group of queer friends (CW for some references that her friends have dealt with transphobia and homophobia). I love that she has a bi grandmother. I love
Jessiree
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yeyet Soriano
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eye opening and engaging with a high heat level, “No Two Ways” is the story of AJ and how her bisexuality makes her life a little more complex than usual. When you’re tagged as either “not straight enough” or “not gay enough,” and you don’t really know how to situate yourself, having to deal with relationships is extremely difficult. Some people will think of you as “greedy” because you can be with both girls and boys, and sometimes, you just choose not to be with anyone at all—just to avoid com ...more
Priscilla (Bookie Charm)
It pains me to change my rating for this novella but the more I think about it the more I dislike it.

AJ is a kick ass security engineer from the Manilla, Philippines who is also bisexual and confronts biphobia on the regular.  One night AJ has a one night stand with Jackie and doesn’t expect to ever see her again. However, as most romances go, they inevitably meet again and have to confront their lingering feelings.

The Filipina bi rep is the representation I signed up for and it was glorious!
Renée Dahlia
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The #romanceclass books are all amazing, and this one lives up to the high standard.

I really connected with the main character AJ Felipe on so many levels as she negotiates a new relationship and work. There is tons of great dialogue and the discussions around being bisexual felt very real to me as a bisexual person.

Loved it!
Felicia
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was so nice to see a reflection of myself and my friends in a book for once. The biphobia was a little hard to deal with but in context of the characters and their situation is made sense. Can't wait to pick up more from Rodriguez.
Ryede
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I don’t know what you need to hear in order to read this book but pretend you’ve heard it? This is so good.
Tia
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Preemptively giving this all the stars because I’m the most excited for this book!
Maria Isabel Samonte

Carla Guzman
May 09, 2019
 Jera
Apr 28, 2019
Chi Yu Rodriguez has many feelings. Sometimes these feelings find their way to paper in the form of short stories and fiction online. Sometimes they don't come out at all and end up as unresolved sexual tension or terrible internal angst.

She prefers making imaginary people go through these feelings for her pleasure. Her muses hate her for it, and they repay her by being forever fickle.

She wrestles