Start by marking “One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series Book 1)

One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series Book 1)

Dakota Brenton spends his days leading thrill seekers on adventures through the woods of Maplehaven, Vermont. He’s traveled all over the world on expeditions, but he always comes back home to the cozy town his ancestors founded. Dakota loves his free-spirit lifestyle. He comes and goes as he pleases, however, he can’t help wanting more.

Leah Greenstead is the new fourth g
Published April 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about One Kind Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Kind Heart

Start your review of One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series Book 1)
Coco.V
May 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/2/2020)! 🎁
Michelle Austin
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description

One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series Book 1) by Christine DePetrillo was a great 5 star read.
I was pulled right in and finished it before I knew it.

Dakotah is an adventurer and was so happy that his sister’s agreed to take over the family business so he could pursue his dream. While helping his dad at the school opening he meets the new fourth grade teacher. There is something about her that gets his attention.

Leah has moved to town from New York to teac
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One Kind Heart is the first of the One Kind Deed series and the first book from this author that I have read. I loved reading and following Luke and Leah's very entertaining story, as Luke does what he can to break through Leah's walls. This start of the series has me hooked and I look forward to reading more from this author. ~Dawn

This is the first time I have read this author. Her writing style was a bit slower than what I prefer but she still managed to engage me into this story with all the
Up All Night With Books
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night with Books Blog

Wowzers!! Before today I have never heard of or read a book by Christine DePetrillo and let me say she has me HOOKED!!

One Kind Heart is just about that, one kind heart, and that kind heart belongs to Dakota. Swoon. Major freaking swoon. Dakota has got to be one of the best book boyfriends I have ever read hands down.

Leah moved to Maplehaven to escape New York and begin a fresh start. The last thing she was looking for o
Christine Woinich
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book sort of took me by surprise. It was very intense, and I did not want to stop reading. Leah's heart had been broken in the worst way, but I loved how she decided to move on with her life. She had such an inner strength that she did not know she had. Dakota was sexy and sweet and determined once he set his eyes on Leah. He could be romantic, funny, and serious. They made a great couple through the adventures, her students, and the rough moments. I highly recommend this story, and I look ...more
Christina  Pepper
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dakota Brenton is a gorgeous, talented, kindhearted man that you cannot get enough of. His passion for exploration, his family, his dog, Maplehaven and Leah pulls you into the story, compelling you to understand his feelings and experience them with him. Just don’t judge him by his ruggedness and all things outdoors, there is more to Dakota that might surprise you and just like Leah, you can’t say no to this man!!!
Leah Greenstead is a quirky, talented, and complex woman who has been through som
J Williams
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One Kind Deed

Can one kind feed change your life? It does if you are Dakota Brenton. His family's donation of lumber to rebuild the local elementary school means he meets Leah Greenstead, the beautiful fourth grade teacher. He knows from their first meeting that Leah is someone special. Leah, however, isn't interested in finding love, especially with an adventurous, good looking guy like Dakota.

This story is fantastic! I loved Dakota and Leah's funny, flirtatious conversations as much as their s
Karen
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very sweet romance. A lot like Marie Force's Gansett Island or Butler, VT series in its tone, storyline, small town friends, low angst yet interesting.
Cathy Brockman
One Kind Heart is book one in One Kind Deeds series. I absolutely enjoyed this story. It is a great romantic escape. I loved Dakota and his character is sexy and romantic. I loved how he went to so much trouble to get Leah's attention. Though Leah had a big secret and was dealing with a past not sure she could love again. I loved all of the romantic adventures and Ginger the dog and Luke the ten-year-old really took the story though. There is a lot of sexual tension and build-up about Leah's sto ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
One Kind Heart was a sweet read set in an awesome small town that I want to move to, and I'm not a small town kind of girl. It did take me a bit to get fully immersed into the story, but once I did I couldn't put it down. Dakota is a thrill seeker so he leads other thrill seekers on adventures, and he loves his life the way it is. Leah is the new 4th grade teacher who is starting over in Maplehaven, Vermont after a tragedy. She's determined to keep her head down & not get close to anyone, but sh ...more
VIRGA A. CRAWFORD
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
CAN YOU SAY DRAMATIC???

I enjoyed the story...in the beginning! I understand the trauma that comes along with a tragedy, especially one where you lose your parents , sister and fiance all at the same time. But I feel like the lead female character was a bit overdramatic! He fell on the floor and broke his arm AND she imagined him behind the wheel of a car dead??? Come on now...that was a bit much! And then she breaks up with him because of her own imagination??? Smh... just plain stupid! The othe
Angie Hackett
Sep 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This was ok. Started out well but I did feel the ending was a bit limp. I don’t feel there was much development of character tbh. I get the trauma behind Leah but she freaks so badly about Dakota falling off a ladder that she dumps him and figures he may as well be dead despite just breaking an arm. And what happened to Fey the kitten? We saw her get adopted, gets two further mentions and then is largely forgotten about as if she didn’t exist. Not bothering with the series after Leah being so ov ...more
Tracy Bryant bundy spittle
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and heart-warming!

I want to live in this town! The characters were so real! If you are looking for a book to make you feel good and remember that love is the answer, well, here you go! This book has it all, scenery, characters, friendships, and of course the romance! What else could you want, except maybe your own adventure!
Dawn Foster
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nicole Lloyd
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Christine Depetrillo is a new author to me, and I am hooked!

One Kind Heart is the perfect romance story. It took me a little bit to get into it, but once I was hooked I was hooked.

If you are looking for story that is a slow burn, but so worth the slow burn look no further.

I will absolutely be reading the rest of this series.

Nicole
Book Haven Book Blog
Spunky N Sassy
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome Book
This book was absolutely fantastic! I was hooked from the very first page and I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait for the next book.
Cherie Melbourne
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One Kind Heart

My first Christine DePetrillo story. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, it had me laughing at the banter between the characters, shedding a tear during the drama and at the end, I wasn't ready for it to finish. I'm looking forward to reading more from Christine.
Judy Nelson
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good read!!

This was a really fun story. Dakota and Leah were such a perfect match in a small town romance. Thanks
Lindsey Kramer
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely worth the read. I was hooked from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait for the next book.
Dianne
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I’ve read by Ms DePetrillo and it certainly won’t be the last! I thoroughly enjoyed Dakota and Leah’s story and look forward to reading book two soon.
Jennifer St germain
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
An easy read. A great getaway from my favorite chair♡
Mary Beth
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent!
Julie
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not what I expected

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The storyline was a little different and well presented. Am interested enough to read the next book in the series.
Michele Del Rey
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Never read this author before. Really great story. I enjoyed the characters and their chemistry. I got to get away from life with this book and just enjoy myself. Great read.
Rebecca
May 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Solid 3 star

I needed a lighter happy-ending read and this delivered. Complex characters and a story dtiven by those characters. . .
Susan K. Palmer
Sep 21, 2020
Edwinna Sexauer
Sep 22, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Cooking Up Trouble (The Brides of Blossom, Texas, #2)
  • Paradise Found (That Second Chance, #4)
  • True Blue Cowboy (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • Elsa's Stand (Outback Brides Book 3)
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • Always (The Protectors, #3)
  • Choose Me (All I Want, #1)
  • The Summer Sisters: Series Starter Box Set - Books 1-3
  • Knocking Boots
  • Fractured (Southern Alphas, #2)
  • Montana Firefighter (Glacier Creek Book 2)
  • Where Their Hearts Collide (Wardham, #2)
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch #2; Rocky Mountain House #2)
  • Choosing Happily Ever After
  • Chasing Hannah (Billingsley, #2)
  • The Sheriff's Woman
  • Tall, Dark, and Irresistible (Tall, Dark and Sexy, #2)
  • Irresistible In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, #4)
Christine DePetrillo can often be found hugging trees, conversing with dragonflies, and walking barefoot through sun-warmed soil. She finds joy in listening to the wind, bathing in moonlight, and breathing in the fragrances of things that bloom. If she had her way, the sky would be the only roof over her head.

Her love of nature seeps into every story she tells. As does her obsession with bearded m

News & Interviews