Start by marking “My Life in Shambles” as Want to Read:
My Life in Shambles

My Life in Shambles

My Life in Shambles is an emotional and sexy new standalone contemporary romance from the New York Times bestselling author of A Nordic King and The Pact.

Published April 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about My Life in Shambles, please sign up.
ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...] This is probably going to be one of those live releases on Amazon (and on kindle unlimited). Best bet would be to keep checking Amazon and the author'…moreThis is probably going to be one of those live releases on Amazon (and on kindle unlimited). Best bet would be to keep checking Amazon and the author's page.(less)

Start your review of My Life in Shambles
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

’MY LIFE IN SHAMBLES: by Karina Halle is a full length, stand alone, contemporary romance novel.

To New Years resolutions.."What if is fear. Even if is faith...." And to just saying yes..

Valerie Stephen’s life is in shambles, they say bad luck runs in three’s and that seems to be running true in Valerie's life, first her relationship crumbles, she is currently homeless and then to top it all off she’s laid off from her dream job.

With nothing holding her back any more she jumps at the ch
Dilek VT
Generally, I love Karina Halle’s books because they make me feel and this was one of them; however, it was so very different from what I expected with regard to its mood and tone.

Despite the passionate and heart-felt love story that is told in it, the book is heavy with lots of sadness related to death, accidents, illnesses etc. And if you ask me, these heavy subjects cast a shadow over this beautiful love story.

I loved the book at the beginning when the couple quickly fell in love with each ot
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, well, well! As soon as I read the blurb, It reminded me of Hallmark romance movies so it could be considered as too soft and too predictable but let’s not forget this is KH book and this woman has got too many credits from me after EIT series ( we’re talking about Dex Foray, my all time favorite book boyfriend, come on😊)
So as a devoted reader, even she writes a Christmas card, post it note or daily shopping list, I should keep my mouth shout and keep on reading!
And when I started to read t
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 5 stars <3

*SIGH* I don't know where to start my review with this one.I loved it so much, so many great moments, to make you swoon and melt, and the characters were fantastic .The story has everything I was looking for, passion,intensity , it was emotional and the romance was powerful.

description

"You are fierce, Valerie Stephens. A wild bird that could fly away but chooses to stay with me, and I am f
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book. Cried my heart out. The feels are so big, so sweet, so achy and heartfelt and tender! Karina Halle writes real, raw, and beautiful stories, and brings her characters to life in a visceral way. I absolutely adored every detail of this romance. A total feels-fest that gave me life.
Debbie Oliphant
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Each time I read a book from this author, I'm inclined to download another one. Her stories have depth, a continues pace that kicks in from the first chapter and characters that are so likable. This did not disappoint as it had all the feels........Bring your tissues.
Elle Kennedy
✔️ You're going to need a box of tissues and a bottle of wine for this one

When Valerie Stephens made the resolution to say yes to new adventures, she never thought she’d end up in the tiny town of Shambles, fake engaged to one of Ireland’s top rugby players. But there’s a first time for everything, including falling in love.

Jennifer Kyle
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 solid stars 🌟
Carol
4 stars.🌟🌟🌟🌟
Sexy Irish romp with a little angst and drama.
Very reminiscent of her earlier series about the Scottish McGregor brother's.
I really do like her earlier books, I find them emotional and very engaging .

***Spoiler alert ***
(view spoiler)
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a lot heavier than I was expecting! Yes, it had some hot and funny moments -- but it had a lot of angst too! I enjoyed it for the most part and it definitely got my emotions stirred, but I think I just wanted more in the end. I feel like it was cut off in the end with unanswered questions and a big elephant in the room as to how their future lives are going to be impacted that wasn't fully addressed. I get that there are some ugly aspects of what that might mean
Pearl Angeli
3 Stars

“Because how lucky would I be to fall in love with this man? I don't think many people truly get to do that, even if it's all a lie in the end.”

My Life in Shambles is my fourth book by Karina Halle and there's one thing I could always say each time: her writing style never fails.

This book wasn't her best, though. I remember fangirling over her previous work Smut which was really a win.

In this book we meet Valerie Stephens, a New Yorker entertainment writer who went to Ireland
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
Jan 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
This cover HOLY SHIT.
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
This was a bit depressing on all sides heh took me a while to read :| but overall, I liked it.
AJ
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Damn, I love this cover. And wow, what a read! Karina Halle has delivered a beautifully swoony and emotional love story that is intense, passionate and so, so beautiful! Full of feels, this is not the fun, light romance that I was expecting, it’s dramatic and heartfelt, and I fell in complete love with these characters and their story, and I love this book!

Valerie’s life is imploding around her. Within the space of a week she lost her fiancé, her apartment and her jo
Irene Sim
It’s been awhile since I’ve enjoyed a Karina Halle book. In fact, I all but abandoned every intention of ever reading a book of hers again. Until this story appeared on my feed and the blurb caught my attention and stirred something inside me.

Be forewarned: keep the Kleenex handy because the waterworks are a sure thing and they’re going to be ugly…

The plot line is simple and familiar… Valerie meets Padraig on New Year’s Eve in Dublin; they hook-up for the night and then decide to pretend to be
K. Bromberg

Sarina Bowen

Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'The pulse of my heart' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

What a beautiful and emotional love story! Definitely a little bit more on the dramatic and angsty side of Karina's works, My Life in Shambles is a stunning example of her incredible talent as a romance author. A roller coaster of emotions that will make you fall in love with Padraig and Valerie from the very first page to the last one!

So My Life in Shambles is Karina's newest st
Meghan March

Jeannine Allison
4 Stars (Second Read 4/18/2020)

4.5 Stars (First Read 4/16/2019)
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
An Irish rugby star’s eyes connect with a beautiful woman from New York in a Dublin bar on New Year’s Eve and the world tilts on it’s axis… Okay that sounds a bit cheesey but it is the beginnings of this story ☺

Padraig McCarthy has enjoyed a successful rugby career that has been halted by a recent concussion. He is itching to get on the field and back to the game he has dedicated his life to. When his final medical check up goes in a direction he wasn’t expecting and his father’s health takes a
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I went into My Life in Shambles expecting a quintessential Karina Halle romance novel. Trademark Karina Halle consists of a deliciously well thought out love story, heart wrenching angst and drama, steamy sex and colorful characters all woven together seamlessly in a story set against the sweeping backdrop of some foreign land I've never seen but will surely be left salivating over in the end. Check, check, check and check, it was all there. What I did not go in anticipating was a story that wou ...more
Rachel Dyken
Apr 18, 2019 is currently reading it

Kennedy Ryan

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

“Mo chuisle mo chroi. It means my pulse of my heart."

I always enjoy Karina Halle's stories and she sure can write a mean rugby romance (she's written a few). At times, I find myself being shocked that this is the same author that wrote all the Dex stories (scary stories)! But the good part is that the woman has range, I just wish it wasn't written in quite this way.

Let me explain...I'm all for angst and all that yummy emotional drama, however, I do have my parameters. I'm not a fan of
Hannah
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I was always going to love a fake dating romance set in Ireland (I am nothing if not predictable in my tastes). I thought this was adorable but flawed. It was also a lot less romancy and a lot more women's fictiony than I usually read but I enjoyed it nonetheless (set in Ireland!).
Madison Mary
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it
"If you’re going to run off with a stranger and pretend to be his fiancé for a few days, I’d like to make sure he’s not an axe-murderer. I wouldn’t be a very good sister if I didn’t do my due diligence"

A heart-wrenching romance about the struggles of chronic illness and finding your place in the world.

SUMMARY
Valerie Stephens has lost everything from her fiancé, to her home, to her job, all in a short fourteen days, and all right before New Years. Now with nothing to hold her back, Valerie de
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

4.5 Say Yes to Adventure CROWNS

I love when a book offers some kind of didactic message, when it gives me a new outlook on life, rejuvenates my desire to live in the moment, and My Life in Shambles, made me want to say yes to any adventure that comes my way.

Padraig and Valerie are two broken people, their life in shambles, and by saying yes and taking chances they find a new version of happiness. Halle keeps their story realistic with a happy ending that is plaus
Betül
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Do you know what I see? I see someone who is more real than anyone I've ever met. I see someone who overcame a tragedy and turned into someone vibrant. I think you're more beautiful because of it."

I don't know how Karina Halle does it, but she always comes up with the most interesting and likable characters. My Life in Shambles is a beautiful, heartbreaking, and hopeful contemporary romance about two characters that are dealing with their own dem
TheBibliotheque ♡

The Irish setting and the promise of a fake relationship brought me here.

Unfortunately - and despite having all the potential to knock my knickers to the floor - the angst overshadowed everything else in the story. To be completely honest, I think I would have actually been fine with a highly angsty story and I am pretty sure my problem was with the way this characters first connect: a one n
Unapologetic Roma...: Halle, Karina // My Life In Shambles 2 23 Feb 16, 2020 07:21PM
Turning Pages At ...: My Life in Shambles by Karina Halle 13 27 Jun 24, 2019 11:49AM

• Eleanor & Grey
  • Marriage for One
  • Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • For Lila, Forever
  • Method
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • The Trouble With Love
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Written with You (The Regret Duet, #2)
  • The Best Thing
  • Coldhearted Boss
  • Written with Regret (The Regret Duet, #1)
  • Savaged
  • Make Me Bad
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Repeat
Karina Halle is a screenwriter, a former music & travel journalist, and the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of The Pact, A Nordic King, and Sins & Needles, as well as sixty other wild and romantic reads.

She, her musician husband, and their adopted pit bull, Bruce, live in a rainforest on an island off the coast of British Columbia, where they operate Raven Ri

News & Interviews

“I’m in love with her.
I know that with every damaged inch of my being.
I love her.
She is the pulse of my heart.”
5 likes
“Valerie,” I whisper to her. “Tell me you love me. Tell me you love me, and I’ll tell ye I love you more.” 4 likes