Start by marking “Behind the Twisted Fence” as Want to Read:
Behind the Twisted Fence

Behind the Twisted Fence

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A captivating tale of danger, mystery and magic that begins ten years after Jack and the Beanstalk.

Jack says magic is illegal and dangerous but he won't say why. Nobody will. Twelve-year-old Zelie knows that something happened long ago behind the twisted fence that changed everything but she's not allowed to know what or why. There are rumours of course: of giants,
Published July 13th 2018 by James Hewison

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Twisted Fence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Twisted Fence

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Behind the Twisted Fence
Mel
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cleverly written. My daughter and I both enjoyed reading it. I plan to read it to my class for our novel this term.
Ember
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is my all time favourite! I loved it. It is such an adventure story and I could not put it down. This book is a twist on fairy tales and it is written really cleverly in a way that anyone could find at least ten things that they love about it.
Paul
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the new take on an old classic. Creatively written and enjoyable to the very end. Looking forward to reading more from this author. Highly reccommended for kids and adults young at heart!
Mary
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Awesome!! I loved this one. This author must be the love child of Roald Dahl and J.K. Rowling. It's funny, then its thrilling and all woven together by a truly creative mind. Read it. You will love it.
Ryder
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it all
Fiona
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant first book by an up and coming author. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next.
patricia shedwick
Hard to put down

I really enjoyed this book. A familiar fairy tale with a twist.
I liked the characters and the descriptions allowed me to visualise the scenery.
Amanda
Jul 14, 2018
bella & georgie
marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2018
Mylinh Chau
marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2019
James Hewison was born in Darwin, on the north coast of Australia. When he was two years old, he survived a deadly sting from a box jellyfish. It should have been frightening but instead, it ignited a fascination for danger and adventure.

James spent his childhood swimming in crocodile inhabited waters, discovering extreme sports, and accumulating scars in other death-defying activities. When he

News & Interviews