Start by marking “Finding Finlay (MC Securities, #2)” as Want to Read:
Finding Finlay (MC Securities, #2)

Finding Finlay

(MC Securities #2)

Can be read as a stand alone.

Aaron Baker has a problem. His online clothing company is under attack. Whilst MC Securities tackle the breaches in security, he asks for an agent to pose as his fake boyfriend. He doesn’t bargain for getting a snarky, ex-marine with sad, blue eyes and submissive tendencies.
Dumped by his boyfriend, Finlay Masters concludes that the best, and
Published April 9th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Finding Finlay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Finlay

Cadiva
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent second entry in this Manchester set series

This one had a really solid corporate espionage plot anchoring the wider romance and it worked really well.

The relationship itself was also not a conventional fake boyfriend trope either and I really loved that both Aaron and Finlay had massive issues they really needed to work at to make it a success.

There's the usual supporting cast from book one and more hints dropped about Christian's dodgy cousin Daniel, who I believe is the subject of boo
Gigi
The people in this book were constantly drinking. Out of curiosity I searched and found 78 instances of the work coffee. 78!
Truuss
Shelves: 2019, m-m
What a catching journey this was. I read it in one sit. It took also half my night because I couldn’t put it down. It was just so immensely captivating!

Aaron is a single dad with a grown-up son of twenty-six. He’s an online fashion retailer and his company is doing good. Only, there are people who are undermining his store. So, he calls in MC Security to find out who is behind this. To take away the attention from the bad stuff, he wants to put up a smokescreen by claiming he, who has been going
Joyfully Jay
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

inding Finlay is the second in the MC Securities series and, while the books are tangentially related, I think this one can be read as a standalone if you’re just starting out. There’s an easy writing style and a relaxed rhythm to the book that resulted in a smooth pace that I enjoyed. The plot is more of a mixed bag. There is certainly a well-rounded story offered and I appreciated that some depth was provided to the otherwise overused fake boyfriend trope. But
Lillian Francis
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book picks up after the Christmas holidays when Michael and Jack get together, so while it isn't necessary to read the first book that will give you some context and also provides some background to the company and certain characters alluded to (mainly Christian's cousin).

Finlay is my favourite sort of character, rough, tough and sarcastic, but with a heart as big a whale and so much love to give. He's still lingering around that closet door that he forced himself into when he was in the a
Kirk
This is one my favourite reads of this year, without a doubt. There’s so much I loved about this story and I’ll try to break it down for you. I was pulled in straightaway with the plot; someone’s trying to sabotage Aaron’s company, so he brings in MC Securities, namely their cyber security expert Finlay Masters to help find out who the culprit is. You’ll get an idea from the blurb what Finn’s been through in the past, abandoned by his parents as a teen for being gay, then joining the marines at ...more
Ramona
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Der erste Teil der "MC Seurities" - Reihe fand ich ganz gut, war jetzt nicht überragend, aber schön zu lesen. Diese Geschichte hat mich jedoch direkt in den Bann gezogen. Eine Fake-Boyfriend-Geschichte mit zwei schwierigen Charakteren. Finlay wurde von seiner Familie rausgeworfen, als er sich geoutet hat und hat dann jahrelang in der Armee seine Sexualität versteckt, dann wurde er schwer verletzt und hat nun Angst davor, sich emotional auf jemanden einzulassen. Ein weiteres Problem ist auch sein ...more
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4.25 Stars

So, I have a confession to make, I didn't read the first book in this series (shhh, don't tell anyone). Thing is I planned to, but I was sick all this week with the cold from hell and that cut not only on my reading time but my vacation. Anyway, while the MCs from book 1 and certain things from it are mentioned, I think this book stood alone quite well. Yes, there were a couple of instances in which I wished I had a bit more background, but other than that, I was fine.

Prior to reading
Amy Dufera
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Finley is an entertaining romance by Ruby Moone. The second in the MC Securities series, it holds up to all the charm of the first book, Trusting Jack, but can be read as a standalone.

I instantly found myself riveting by this fake romance story. The tone and writing style had me immediately invested in these men and their lives.

A clothing designer and an ex-army man? Yes please! It's always fun to pair up men from different worlds.

Aaron and Finley are both extremely likeable men, with we
Valerie
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although Finlay is rough around the edges, keeps to himself, and carries all of his worries and struggles internally, he's a wonderful character. When he finds himself working as a fake boyfriend of CEO Aaron Baker after a breakup and what he perceives as a deception from his best friend. Aaron's business is under attack and in order to get everything under control, he feels it's time to come out as bisexual.

Finlay is a hard person to get to know, but Aaron finds a way to connect with him withou
R
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, reviewed, series
Finn works for MC Securities. They have been hired to ferret out who is trying to tank Aaron Baker’s clothing company. Finn poses as Aaron’s boyfriend so he has a reason to get close to people who may be involved. Their reactions to each other quickly heats up the working situation, leading to complications neither were prepared for. If you start to have feelings for your fake boyfriend is he still a fake?

Finn’s insecurity’s about his damaged body and failed relationships have left him wary. I l
A. L. Lester
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two men who don't think they want a relationship are forced in to close proximity and end up having one almost without noticing. Not a trope I usually go for, but it is really well done and I loved it! This is the sequel to Trusting Jack, but it could be read independently.
The Critic
Everything nice I wanted to think of this story is buried under the reality of the plot. How many "gay fake boyfriends" have I read about since April 1st? Five stories! It's too much even for the serial reader that I am. I read it despite the clichéd plot because I thought it would be different, that it would bring something new. In the end, the cliché won the game and I found myself bored part way. Too bad.

2 ** stars. It's readable if you haven't read five similar stories in a row, otherwise it
Mandy
Rqwhit
Apr 18, 2019
M
Apr 23, 2019
rated it did not like it
Apr 18, 2019
Biography
My name is Ruby Moone and I love books. All kinds of books. My weakness is for romance, and that can be any kind, but I am particularly fond of historical and paranormal. I decided to write gay romance after reading some fantastic books and falling in love with the genre, so am really thrilled to have my work published here. The day job takes up a lot of my time, but every other spare mom

MC Securities (2 books)
  • Trusting Jack (MC Securities, #1)