Start by marking “The Best Kind Of Mistake” as Want to Read:
The Best Kind Of Mistake

The Best Kind Of Mistake

Life regret number one: Moving into an apartment where all I hear are the moans coming from my downstairs neighbor's apartment. It's pretty obvious what's happening behind those doors, which is even more frustrating when you aren't getting any action yourself.

To make matters worse, I got fired from my job, and my savings account is pathetic. That means I can't eat my body
Published May 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Best Kind Of Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Kind Of Mistake

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Best Kind of Mistake is book one in The Best Kind Novella series by Jasmin Miller. This was so adorable. I loved the two main characters in this.

Ember Keaton lost her job. With rent and bills to pay, she is so glad her sister helped to get her this new job as a photographer’s assistant at the Ardennes Photo Studio. She’s always been interested in learning more about photography. Ember loves her apartment but not so much the downstairs neighbor that keeps her awake all hours of the night wit
Christy
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars

photo D2D2EBD9-061E-4DB8-8C6A-21CAFB3DABE0_zpswbijeav1.png

The Best Kind of Mistake is an adorably sweet, sexy, and fun novella.

Ember’s life is kind of a mess right now. She's jobless and not doing the best job at adulating. Thankfully, her sister helps her out with a connection and gets her a job assisting a photographer. That photographer is Logan, someone she knows from her building but has never met. Logan and Ember have a lot of chemistry and an instant connection. I loved watching them fall for one another.

When Ember meets Logan, things
Kiki
***SPOILER ALERT***
🚨 🚨 🚨

Spoiler in comments, you read at your own risk 🤷🏽♀

Update May 3rd
LMAO!!!! I should’ve known. THAT’S how she explains it? REALLY? I guess she already dug a hole when she wrote the scene where the “hero” was with a woman doing her walk of shame and slapping her butt and h saw that and yet found him to be swoon worthy to look at and then we get how hot he’s from a married woman’s perspective too. So appetising it was. I guess after that the author had no other way out salvag
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Imagine having a hot neighbor who is a sex god from what you can hear through your walls. Now imagine you're unemployed and the job offer you get has that neighbor as your new boss.

Ember is in this position and she can't decline that job offer, since it was her sister who was pulling the strings to get her this one. Logan doesn't seem to aknowledge her and they work together and slowly build a great relationship in and out of their working environment.

I loved this novella to the point I wish t
Christy Bailey
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read!

This was a short and quick read but that doesn't take away from the awesomeness of this story. I loved Logan and Ember together! They were so good for each other. Now I just need to have Aiden's story asap!
Ashlee  Turf *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
This novella was a quick read but it was still a great story. Ember and Logan’s story is really cute. Ember is trying to be more of an adult, she just recently moved out of her parents house and into her apartment. Logan is a photographer that travels the world with his business. His mother chooses to employ Ember as his assistant when he takes over his mothers business while she is recovering from surgery. But, it is without him knowing. Ember knows him because she believes he is her neighbor w ...more
nikki
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This debut novella from Jasmin Miller is super cute and I adored Ember and Logan. The writing flows beautifully and the storyline keeps you hooked; and I cannot wait to see what’s coming next from this author in the future.
Caroline
4 Stars

This book has so many of the things I love in a good book!
Boss/assistant
Neighbors
Famous guy meets normal girl.

The author did a really good job with this book even if it is a short book with 102 pages. I didn't feel like it was rushed or jumped around in the book, it was a funny, easy read. Short romance books often end up with me being a little annoyed because I feel like I missed all the good, easy, normal stuff with the couple but not this book.

Ember is a sweet normal girl who just lo
Gladys Avilés
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Working together and having her close by all the time—inhaling that sweet, floral scent of hers—is already driving me insane.”

Every book Jasmin writes is Amazing!
I couldn’t put down this sweet and sexy work romance story! Logan and Ember have this incredible chemistry since the moment his mother introduce them which is one of my favorites scenes. Also Photography is one of my favorite hobbies so I enjoyed this book a little extra!
The best kind of mistake is a short story but full of sexiness,
Celicia Fowlkes
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was so funny that she thought that he was the one that kept her up at night. Funny how things work out the way she wanted it too.

Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4/ 5 stars

Do you love novellas? Like something short and sweet from time to time? If you answered yes to one or both these questions, then this one is definitely for you!

Picture office romance, a lot of chemistry, funny moments and a whole lot of cute ones. Oh, let's not forget Bruno, a super cute dog that loves attention. This is The Best Kind of Mistake in a nutshell.

Logan & Ember's story is a super sweet one that you'll enjoy no matter what. These two meet for the first time whe
Chan ( inbedwithabook )
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Thank you to Jasmin Miller for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.*

I 👏🏻 LOVE 👏🏻 JASMIN 👏🏻 MILLER 👏🏻 I was on her follow train with the OG ‘Baking With A Rockstar’ and I will continue to be on her follow train for the rest of my life. There, I said it. #noregrets

This book was a short / sweet / steamy / toe-curling novella that’s perfect for a beach vacation, a lie-in weekend, a travel trip… there’s no wrong time to read this!

Ember Keaton has decided that maybe it’s time to grow
Angelica
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Best Kind of Mistake is my first read by Jasmin Miller and it definitely won't be my last. I loved this sweet story from beginning to end and found myself smiling more times than I can count. 🙈

I probably looked like a dork reading this novella because it literally put a smile on my face so many times while reading, but that's okay. Logan is so worth looking like a dork. 😂 When you meet him, you'll understand why. 😉

This story makes me wish I was Ember just so I can work alongside her sexy ne
Emily (Emily Reads)
Another wonderful story written by Jasmin! I first fell in love with Jasmin’s writing in her book, Baking With a Rockstar, so when I saw this novella coming out, I jumped at the opportunity to read it! Thank you so much for providing me with an ARC of this novella. I truly appreciate it!

This was a fun, sweet and quick read that’s a great pick me up and make you smile and feel good kind of story.

I love Ember and Logan and the way they met really was the best kind of mistake! This novella made me
Readonreader
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy a quick read especially when I don’t have the time to jump I to a huge book so this book was perfect and one I’ll reread when I need a quick getaway. Ember and Logan’s story was a fun and cute read. The story had me laughing and not expecting the twist that came about. I really enjoyed Ember because she was a free spirit, liked to do things her way, and very caring. Logan was so sweet, lovable, and hot. Ember was hired as Logan’s assistant and they are attracted to each other but not sur ...more
Nicole
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ember needs a job and her sister sets her up with one but when she shows up the first day, she find her neighbor, Logan, the hunk of a man that's been keeping her up at night with his extracurricular activities. She's sleep deprived but doesn't say anything. When she goes to his house one day, she finds she's made a BIG mistake. Will Ember and Logan get their HEA or will the "secret' news end it before it's really started. This is a good book and certainly won't be a mistake for you to one-click ...more
Heartofabooklover
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Jasmin Miller. I was provided a copy by the author.

This is a novella about Ember and Logan, who meet when she gets a job to be his photography assistant when hired by his mother. So as not to give any spoilers, I will say this is a very cute and quick read. If you're looking for a pick me up, feel good, light read, I recommend this one.

This is the first in a series and I will definitely read the next book to come.
Court
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute, fun read. Ember looses her job and finds herself being an assistant to a photographer. Logan is helping out his mom and finds himself with an assistant while he is filling in. Ember believes him to be someone else and Logan can't ignore his instant connection to Ember. Logan and Ember take you for one fun, heartfelt adventure that is worth the read!
Shanna D
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Best Kind of Mistake- A work Romance Novella by Jasmin Miller. This is a new author for me and I really enjoyed the work she put into creating this cute and quirky romantic short story that I enjoyed reading.

lowkeyreader
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love office/work romance because the sexual tension is just unbelievable. This book is no exception. It was adorable and sweet. I wish it was longer and not a novella because I felt like it was not enough and I need more!! That's the only reason why it's three & half stars.

Cassie
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute novella! It had all the elements that kept me wanting to turn the pages - characters that you can relate with, realistic story line, chemistry, moments that make you laugh and monents that make you go awww... Ember & Logan get off to a rough start, which makes it all the more enduring. I really enjoyed this one and I'm ready for more!
Amalie_reads
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best kind of mistake is a fun, sweet and romantic standalone novella. I was hooked from the start and finished in one sitting, such a nice easy read with a lovely storyline.

This is my first Jasmin Miller book and I’ve been missing out. I’m looking forward to reading all her other books.

Ember’s sister lines up a job for her in which she meet’s her boss and her son Logan who happens to be her sexy neighbour.

Ember and Logan are such a sweet, likeable characters. They were very cute together
Jeeves
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Best Kind of Mistake is the best kind of romance novella - short, sweet, relationship-focused and filled to the brim with tender moments that drive the story forward. I’m not always the biggest fan of novellas, because I really love the slow build of a solid relationship in a romance novel, but Jasmin Miller managed to pack so much into this short story that I found myself connecting with the characters. The story follows Ember, a woman whose new neighbor has been keeping her up at night wit ...more
Stephanie Ditmore
OMG! I loved this book! Ember and Logan are sweet, fun, sexy, passionate and you will fall in love with them. Ember is quirky, cute and a little outside the box when it comes to her appearance and with that said poor thing loses her job due to her hair being pink. I guess not everyone sees things the way she does. When an opportunity pops up to do something she loves she jumps at the chance, and when she meets Logan her new boss she’s at a loss for words because its the hot guy from her apartmen ...more
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
This is a NEW to me author & books! Although this is a Novella I will certainly read more books by this author, this was FAN-TAS-TIC!

I fell in love with Ember from the first 2 pages, my kind of girl!! Stupid loud but sexy as sin neighbor! After some rather unfortunate job incident (hehe) her sister helps her out and sends her to a new potential job at a photo studio, she is READY for this!!

Oh, shit...abort..she should have been ready but she was not!! Why her? Why did she out of all the stud
Jessica
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-4.5 stars-

When a character starts off by saying she sucks at adulting you know the story is bound to be good because let's face it, we all kind of suck at adulting right?! ;)

If you're in the mood for something short and sweet then you definitely need to check out this novella!! Ember and Logan's story was so freaking adorable and I'm dying to read more about them. I know this is a novella, but please Jasmin continue their story!! :) There were so many swoon worthy moments as well as parts where
B.B. Lynn
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute read!

First of all, sometimes when you read novellas they can seem incomplete and like you're missing something. This novella was perfectly written! It didn't seem rushed at all and I feel like we were told the whole story! I also did not see that twist coming and I loved it so much! I think my mouth was wide open while reading that part.

The characters were so great and exactly what I like to read. Ember was strong willed and funny while Logan is gorgeous and genuine.

A grea
Kimberli Arnold
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable afternoon read

I loved this book! It was so ridiculously cute and totally surprised me a few times. Her characters are absolutely loveable and I completely enjoyed their story, I cant wait for the next installment!!
Karen Sedgman
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Best Kind Of Mistake is one you will devour in one sitting! This novella was sweet, short, and sexy! Love Logan and Ember! Look forward to reading more this series!
Pearl Khatri
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quirky, vibrant, funny, and stunning—The Best Kind of Mistake is a quick and amazing read, which will definitely leave you swooning, smiling, and laughing. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and definitely wish that it were a longer book, if only so I could journey on with both Logan and Ember.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Professional lover of books and writer. I love to read and eat cake (preferably together) and write kissing books. I never miss a chance to fangirl over swoon-worthy characters, so message me on social media, and we can fangirl together. I'm originally from Germany but live in the western US with my husband and three little humans that keep me busy day and night.