Start by marking “Jesse's Girl” as Want to Read:
Jesse's Girl

Jesse's Girl

Published April 8th 2019 by Plus it Up

To ask other readers questions about Jesse's Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesse's Girl

Christy
3 stars

I listened to the audiobook of Jesse’s Girl. It was narrated by Verla Bond and it appears to be her first audiobook, but I couldn’t tell. She was a great narrator.

Jesse’s Girl starts with Gwen and her daughter who are now in a bad position. After Gwen’s husband, Jesse, is involved in a scandal and pretty much leaves them high and dry. Thankfully, Gwen’s friend Reade, who also happens to be her daughter’s godfather, helps them out. Reade has always been better to Gwen then her husband. If
Rochelle
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I read from Tara September. I really did like it. It was a nice story about Gwen and Reade who were friends before they went their separate ways. She was married to a guy named Jesse who left her for a younger woman and took all their money. Gwen was left with nothing and a scandal on her hands and she had no one to turn to except Reade. Reade has always loved Gwen from afar but when she picked Jesse, he stepped back. They were able to find each other again and slowly ...more
Sofie Sehested
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh I loved this story! I couldn’t put it down, so I read it in one sitting! I just had to know what happened and if they got their happy ending!
Reade is an amazing hero and I fell in love with him from the first page. He is a big shot lawyer who co-owns a law firm with offices all around the world. He has been in love with Gwen since he met her in a supermarket in his hometown with Jessi (his best friend as kids) 7 years ago. Reade and Gwen become friends but when she marries Jessie and
Penny Ellgass
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gwen her husband just left in a flashy public way, with everything gone or about to be. She has a week to be out of their house and no money and a little girl to care for.
Reade her husband&s best friend gives them a place to stay, how can he not he has been in love with her since he met her 7 years ago, only to find out she was his best friends girl.
Join them on the road to discovery. A clean, nice length story of love and redemption.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reade and Gwen will have you cheering in their corner after the drama Gwen had to endure by the betrayal of her husband. Reade fell in love with Gwen from the moment he saw her but lost out to Jesse. When Jesse's betrayal played out in the papers and tabloids, Reade made sure he would get back to his girls to make sure they were protected. Now that he has Gwen where he wants her, Reade's determined to keep her but will her ex try to get back what he lost and succeed doing it?

I received a free co
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
For the last six years Gwen Clark has given her time and attention to a man who didn't appreciate her, respect her, nor honor the vows they took. All those years ago when he asked for her hand in marriage she had her doubts, knew she might be making the biggest mistake of her life, but at the time she felt she had no other choice. So she accepted his proposal and has regretted it everyday since.

But little does she know all that time there has been someone waiting in the wings, someone who has l
Chrissy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet story. My rating was actually 3.5, but only because while I really liked the story and I really enjoyed it, it wasn't one of those books that grips you or has a lot of depth to it. It was very easy to read and very enjoyable. I thought Reade was practically perfect and was disappointed that he isn't real. Of course, it wouldn't have mattered if he was anyway because he only loved Gwen. His patience and control was extremely admirable. I would have punched Jesse a lot sooner ...more
CS
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the way Reade cared for Gwen and Maddie, his concern for them equivalent to his own family.
Always loving her but respecting her relationship with Jesse, his childhood friend and later nemesis.
When she was publicly humiliated by Jesse, Reade rushed in and saved her from poverty and abandonment.
I liked the way her struggles in her marriage helped to open her eyes to the way Reade treated her and Maddie, more of a partner and father than Jesse ever was.
I wished Jesse was made to suffer m
Barbara
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by this Author that I have read it is well written and kept me turning pages. It is a short quick story to read. Successful Texas Lawyer Reade Walker hates the song Jesse's Girl because Jesse does have the girl he has wanted for quite sometime. When Gwen Clark's senator husband Jesse run off with another woman and all their money Gwen comes to Reade with her six year old daughter needing help. Reading how Reade and Gwen are able to get their happy ending made this story fo ...more
Meaghan Royce- Love Infinity Book Blog
Jesse’s Girl is the story of a scorned senator’s wife, Gwen, who finds out her husband not only has run off with his mistress but also all of their money. Reade has been Jesse’s friend since childhood, but has been in love with Gwen since the met. He’s kept his distance because she was Jesse’s girl, but all bets are off now that Jesse totally messed up. I really enjoyed this story and the characters. The chemistry between Gwen and Reade is amazing. I love Maddie too. The story felt somewhat rush ...more
Readnyc2238
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun fast read
Ann-Maree Howarth
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this audiobook by Tara September to be very enjoyable to listen to the narrator did a great job to bring this story to life for me.  Both the author and narrator are new to me and I very much hope to come across their great work again in the future.

Verla Bond captive me her narration of Jesse's Girl by Tara September, with her tone and speed of her reading it was like she was really enjoying the story as well.  It was easy to distinguish between the different characters and the change of
Simara
I own over 490 audiobooks and most are romance so I’m aways pleasantly surprised when I listen to a storyline that I’ve never listened to before. I felt this book was different, realistic and vivid in a way I could imagine a movie out of it. Also although the story was short it was very well developed and you can feel the connection with the hero and heroine and hope for a happy ending.
Narration: this was my first audiobook by Ms. Bond and I would definitely listen to more books by her. She doe
Kari
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jesse's Girl was an enjoyable novella. Gwen and Reade have loved each other for a long time, but Gwen has been married to Read's best friend. When Gwen's husband takes all of their money and leaves the country with his mistress, Gwen must turn to Reade for help.

The audiobook was very well done. It's only about 31/2 hours long. Even though it is short, it's got a pretty slow burn romance. I really liked that aspect as it's unusual to find in a short story. I enjoyed the couple. They had great ba
Amy
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tara September’s Jesse’s Girl is my first introduction to her writing. I liked this book. Gwen and Reade were fun and entertaining characters. I felt a connection to Gwen from the start. I just saw a little of myself in her. I could understand her struggles and heartache. In the audio version of the book, Verla Bond, does a fantastic performance. She was a perfect fit for this story.
Jesse’s Girl is getting four stars from me. I would love to read more by Miss September in the future.
I received
Lisa
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
This is a nice short listen. The situations are interesting. Just when I thought it was over...a surprise at the end. Gwen and Reade seem so perfect together I can’t believe they missed each other earlier. It’s kind of funny how everything is like a circle. It all comes around.
I did listen to this on audio. Verla Bond did a wonderful job as narrator. This is a first time author for me as well. Even though it’s short it still packs a punch.
Peni
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good story with snappy dialogue. The characterization was excellent from the get go. Actions do speak louder than words after all. The story, especially with the current political arena, plausible. Verla Bond did a terrific job bringing the story to life.

I recieved a free Audible copy of this story, at my request, in exchange for a honest review.
Elvira
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book. I loved how well developed the characters were and the storyline flowed easily and kept me entertained.

Elly
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book was cute and entertaining. Definitely a great book if looking for books where the lead character puts life back together.
Jennifer Uribe
Meh. It was okay. Totally called the ending and am still frustrated.
Bex
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. Reade and Gwen were meant to be from the minute they met, but it’s taken seven years to reach their romance. Follow them as they navigate their path through loyalty and betrayal, miscommunications and unspoken truths, and the ups and downs of everyday life. Jesse’s Girl is a sweet and fun tale with a couple surprises that will keep the reader rooting for a happily ever after.
Stephanie
May 02, 2019
Vibeke
Sep 21, 2019
Tara September
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tara September
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Oct 14, 2019
An award-winning... and losing contemporary romance writer living in Southwest Florida.

Tara is proud to be the world's most okayest mom to clones (identical twin preschool boys). When not writing out her daydreams, she blogs over at When Tara Met Blog @tarametblog, a lifestyle and parenting blog of 14 years.

Holding a master’s degree in journalism from NYU, she previously was the Corporate Commun