Start by marking “Aces High (Baum Squad #2)” as Want to Read:
Aces High (Baum Squad #2)

Aces High

(Baum Squad #2)

I have two weeks left to live.

Two weeks to come up with one hundred thousand dollars.

Two weeks to convince the woman I love she loves me too.

When The Bowman passed away — my dead father’s best friend and bookie — the payoff arrangement he made with my loan shark died with him.

Now, I have two weeks to cough up the money or else.

The only silver lin
Published September 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Aces High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aces High

Start your review of Aces High (Baum Squad #2)
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Aces High by M. Never is book Two in the Baum Squad Series. This is the story of Damon 'Breaker' La Rue and Liv Ward. I have read the previous book but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so. Liv and Damon both grew up in the Baum Squad biker gang. Although Liv left when she was around 17 and did not return. But now her father there has passed and she has returned after about 10 years. Liv isn't letting her heart get broken by Damon again so she has her shields up around i ...more
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 3.5 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 3 / 5
Story 4.5 / 5
Overall: 4.5 / 5

Aces High is the second book in the Baum Squad series written by author M. Never. Each book in this series tells the story of a different couple and can be read as a standalone MC romance. Although, if you are like me and enjoy knowing the backstories, I suggest reading the series in order.  Just know that it’s optional.

Aces High tells the story of Damon (Breaker) La R
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This may be one of my favorite couples by M Never. Damon and Liv have known wach other their whole lives. But after shattering her heart, Liv has been away for 10 years. When her father dies, Damon is back to console Liv. Broken or not, their hearts have never forgotten each pther.

Great second chance romance. Damon works hard to earn Liv's trust again. Most of this takes place away from the MC but still has lots of action and suspense. Loved seeing all the MC come to a brother's defense.

I like
PP's Bookshelf
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aces High by M.Never was the perfect mix of dirty, sexy, dangerous and intense ! The MC Romance captured the very essence of the trope so amazingly. Adrenaline was running high and passion was burning hot.

Livey and Damon were childhood friends as her father took Damon under his wing. They belong to the Baum Squad MC Club family. They had this crush since very beginning but on prom night Damon broke her heart and so they never explored their chemistry. Now years later they meet again at the
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jess~

In this installment of the Baum Squad, we get up close and personal with Breaker, aka Damon.

He is a heartbreaker, hence his name but that is only because he hasn't snagged the one he has wanted and maybe he wasn't ready. When a long-time friend and father figure, Bowman, passes away his time might just be up. Not only does his death signify trouble, but it brings Liv back to his life.

Ten long years ago Damon broke her heart, now satisfied with her life, Liv can't resist his pu
kgagnon
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Damon “Breaker” La Rue and Liv Ward grew up together in the Baum Squad MC. Their friendship grew into a more adult attraction, but a misunderstanding caused them to go their separate ways. Now years later, both their fathers have passed, and Liv is home for her father's funeral. This is the chance that Breaker needs to show Liv he is a better man, and that they are meant to be together. But Liv doesn't trust easily, no matter what her heart tells her to do. When the sins of Breaker's father is t ...more
Jessica Alcazar
I only discovered this author recently, so I haven’t read a whole lot of her backlist books, but these books I’ve read recently have been phenomenal in plot, characterization and just overall appeal!

I loved the story of Liv and Damon. It had just enough spark to keep my girlie parts singing and enough drama/suspense to keep me reading in one sitting. You won’t be able to help yourself. It’s a race against time so it will just suck you in, or at least it did me!!

I’m loving
Humor = 1/5
Stars =  5 ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Would I recommend this book = Yes
Would I read future books by this author = Yes

I absoutely LOVE this series. The Baum Squad is simply amazing.

"Liv, I don't have anything to give you except my heart. I hope it's enough." ♡♡♡ This quote is everything!

Past friends, Liv and Damon (Breaker), are reunited in heartbreak. They confide in/>"Liv,
Sassy Southern
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a story! This book had me hooked and on the edge of my seat from the moment I started reading! I loved the characters and though that their chemistry was out of this world. There was drama, suspense and some hot steamy moments that made this book a must read for sure!

By Alisa
Tracy Wilkin
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aces High: A Baum Squad novel is a tumultuous tale of mayhem, madness, and insatiable passionate love. M. Never has continued to wow and mesmirise me with her powerful words and dramatic characters. It truly was a mindblowing, body bending drama that left me angry, turned on and mighty frustrated. And let me tell you, it was worth all the stress I felt because I was sneakily reading when I was supposed to be doing…… other things 😉

I fell obsessively into adore with these main characte
The Book Fairy Reviews
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two stubborn people that are perfect yet imperfect. This couple of misfits have exactly what it take to drive the other apart. Dangerous bikers and past heart aches make for one heck of a read.
Damon has two weeks to not only save his life but the life of the woman he fell for and broke. Surviving and making her see who he is on the inside apart form the playboy he has been for the last decade or so.
Liv has always held a torch for Damon, but falling for him again isn't only dangerous it is
Ronda
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I wanted to love this one as much as I loved Snowfall and Slashes in the Snow but unfortunately it was just okay for me. I found myself more interested in Ky and Kira and Gerard in the book than the two main characters.

I think what bothered me the most was Damon pushed his MC brothers away not wanting to get them involved in the problems he inherited from his father, but when they show up to help him anyway, he abandons what they are trying to accomplish to save
Crazy~Chaotic Book~Babes
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY HELL! M. Never penned another amazing story in the Baum Squad series, and I will NEVER EVER get enough! It all starts out with Liv's father, The Bowman, making Damon take her to her senior prom when she wanted to go stag with all of her friends. Something happened that night, which destroyed their friendship, but before it was revealed, Ms. Never fast forwarded many years, where Damon, aka Breaker, was just simply put, a total man whore. Not to mention he had some issues going on with some ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Phew my kindle is smoking from the chemistry between Breaker and the Bowman’s daughter. They are destined to be and what a wild ride on the back of a Harley it is.

Damon “Breaker La Rue has always carried a torch for Liv since he escorted her to her senior prom then stole her heart then in the same breath broke it. Now ten years later he’s still part o
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Breaker and Liv are seriously hot!! M. Never kicks it up a notch in this second installment of the Baum Squad series!!

With suspense, steam, and tons of feels, this was a great read and had me instantly sucked in. I absolutely love this crew and the loyalty they have to one another. Each character plays a special part in making this story what it is.

And all these alpha men together in one room was completely awesome. These guys will have you laughing out loud with their crazy banter
Bree Shearer
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Baum Squad is back and better than ever.

I honestly thought there was no possible way that any couple in this series would be able to top Kire and Ky from Slashes in the Snow. Holy wow, I was wrong!

Damon and Liv are seriously amazing. Their connection is passionate, angst-filled and deep-rooted ina lifelong friendship.

Damon is the pretty boy, MC member, alpha hero you would expect from this series. He uses his looks to get by in life. Well, in the areas he can. Howeve
****3.5 stars****

This is Book #2 in the Baum Squad series but can be read as a standalone. We are introduced to a new couple, Damon and Liv. If you want to know the characters in order, it is best to start with Book #1, Slashes In The Snow but it is not necessary.

This is the story of Damon La Rue, a.k.a. Breaker, and Liv. Liv grew up around the Baum Squad MC. Her father, The Bowman, was the club’s bookie. Therefore Liv was raised with Damon and Ky (who is now the club pre
Michelle Austin
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

Aces High was a great 5 star read and book two in the Baum Squad series.
This is Damon and LIv’s story.

Liv has a connection to the MC, her father was the bookie. She grew up around the MC along with Damon. When she returns 10 years later for her father’s funeral she comes face-to-face with Damon again.

Damon has only given his heart to one woman
Up All Night With Books
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

I don't even know where to begin writing this review.  I want to tell you everything and nothing all at once!!!   I want to tell you so you know just how amazing this story is and I want to tell you nothing so you read and discover it for yourself.   Aces High is book two in the Baum Squad series by M. Never and as much as I loved Slashes in the Snow, Ms. Never went above and beyond with this story.  Even though this can
Sharon
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is part of the Baum Squad but it can be read as a standalone as it focuses on a new couple although if you want to meet the characters in order and not have their stories spoiled it is best to read in order.

This is the story of Damon/Breaker and Liv. Liv actually grew up with the MC as her father was the club’s bookie and was raised with Damon and Ky. We actually start the story when Damon is escorting her to prom at her father’s request. It’s ten years later and she is back hom
Wickedly  Romance
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Damon “Breaker” La Rue and Liv Ward grew up together in the Baum Squad MC. They were friends for the most part, in fact he took her to her prom. Of course it was her father who made that happen while she protested. After a misunderstanding they go their separate ways. Now they are adults, years have passed and the chemistry is off the charts hot.

Liv has come home for her f
Stephanie DeCost
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liv Ward has secretly loved Damon "Breaker" La Rue since she was 5yrs old. She finally get her chance to be with him when she is "forced" to go to prom with him. Liv vowed never to fall for Damon again after he lives up to his club name and breakes her heart at prom. 10 yrs later, Liv finds herself falling for his same pretty boy ways after tragedy strikes close to home and Damon is there to console her and help her forget. Liv finally comes to her senses and runs out hoping to never see him aga ...more
Faith  From TBRP Blog
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Please note, I was given an ARC for each of these books for an honest review of them. These reviews are my own thoughts and feelings and I have had no financial compensation to provide these reviews to you**

So this book went in a direction I didn’t fully expect it to go. I knew that Damon (Aka Breaker) would need to get some money fast, I also knew that he was in an MC. I know that most MCs are there for each other when the stuff hits the fan, so for him to try to go it alone
Jane B
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ugh this was so endearing. freaking LOVED damon but heck, if I hadn't read his point of view, I would totally be seeing him as a playboy especially with what Liv saw at the casino along with everything else she's witnessed. childhood friends who grew apart after a dreamy night gone wrong, only to be brought together again at a funeral.

Before the story ever really began, I was already in awe by character development with Liv and her half sisters. and the way Damon wears his heart on h
Ashley Estep
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aces High is the second book in the Baum Squad series but the first one I'm reading.

Damon "Breaker" La Rue and Liv Ward have a history, some good, some bad. But that history will hold them together even when they can't. Damon is a manwhore, womazing, asshole who doesn't think twice about leaving a wake of crying women in his past. Liv Ward is the take no shit daughter of The Bowman. But when it comes to Damon she has a soft spot she just can't seem to help.

Liv's father's
Elysian Fields
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites
Hold on to your britches! On second thought, just grab an extra pair. This book was H.O.T!

Damon and Liv melted both my kindle and my heart; they were beyond perfect for each other. I loved how this story drew me into the MC world but also, into the characters lives. It was such a fun ride. This is a second chance love story and it is really well written. I loved the way the story came together and the obstacles that were involved. You can just feel their love and passion for each other, but the
Hanan
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Damon and Liv.
They are such dynamic characters.
Both strong and determined.
Both stubborn and unwilling to compromise.
Liv and Damon have known each other from childhood.
They have grown up together and know everything about one another.
Since Liv’s high school prom their feelings have started to shift from friends to wanting something more.
But circumstances and situations have them separated for years.
They are brought back together again and th
Mary Keiser
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bowman's Daughter

I'm struggling SO hard with this review, I'm a fan of this author but this story just didn't do it for me. I feel so guilty saying that but the truth is Snowfall was the story that really hit the mark, even though it was a prequel, that novella was packed with feels. I just haven't connected as well with the first two books in this series and I really hoped this book would bring that connection. While I like the characters and somewhat enjoy the storyline, it all just feels rep
Tara Peters
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
M. has a winner with this book. Damon and Liv melted my heart; they were beyond perfect for each other. The story drew me into the MC world but also, into the characters lives. It was such a fun ride. This is a second chance love story and it is really well written. I loved the way the story came together and the obstacles that were involved. You can feel their love and passion for each other, but there are definitely things they need to work out first.

The mixture between the action
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Aries (The Zodiac Queen, #1)
  • London Royal (London Royal, #1)
  • The Vow (North Woods University #4)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Beyond Measure: A Dark Bratva Romance
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Before We Fall (Stone Lake #3)
  • Little Jack (Hell's Handlers MC Book 6)
  • Feast of Sparks (Thornchapel, #2)
  • Dr. Dan
  • Flame (Men of Inked: Heatwave Book 1)
  • The Billionaire's Secret (Billionaire Duet, #2)
  • Bossy Brothers: Johnny
  • Priceless: A Dark Bratva Romance
  • White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet, #2)
  • The President (Of Rebel Rage MC #1)
  • War of Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #2)
  • Stripped Down (Nailed Down, #4)
M. NEVER RESIDES IN NEW York City. When she's not researching ways to tie up her characters in compromising positions, you can usually find her at the gym kicking the crap out of a punching bag, or eating at some new trendy restaurant.
She has a dependence on sushi and a fetish for boots. Fall is her favorite season.
She is surrounded by family and friends she wouldn't trade for the worl

Baum Squad (2 books)
  • Slashes in the Snow (Baum Squad #1)