Start by marking “Moral Compass” as Want to Read:
Moral Compass

Moral Compass

At an elite private school in Massachusetts, a wide circle of lives will be forever changed by a devastating series of events in Danielle Steel’s riveting new novel.

Saint Ambrose Prep is a place where the wealthy send their children for the best possible education, with teachers and administrators from the Ivy League, and graduates who become future lawyers, politicians,
Published January 7th 2020 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Moral Compass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moral Compass

Start your review of Moral Compass
Babydimps (Suzy)
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Danielle Steel does it again for me with a story that delves into some very serious subject matter - teenage drinking and rape.

An elite, all boys boarding school in Massachusetts begins enrolling female students for the first time. When a serious crime is committed against a female student after a group shares a bottle of tequila, all hell breaks loose and these kids find themselves in a world of trouble. So much trouble that even their rich parents can’t get them out of it.

The book
Carrie
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Anyone following my reviews my have noticed I had renewed my interest in Danielle Steel’s novels after not having picked them up for years and have been enjoying all the newer ones. Unfortunately, Moral Compass didn’t end up being a favorite of mine like so many other recent releases have been.

Moral Compass is set in an elite private school in Massachusetts that has for the first time expanded the student body to include females after being an all male school for years. Saint Ambrose Prep’s new
Krystal
This was a really difficult one for me to read emotionally, and as such it's difficult for me to rate.

Plot: An all-boys, elite boarding school has just agreed to take on the challenge of becoming co-ed, and has a handful of girls starting there for the first time. Things start out smoothly but then there's a Halloween party and next thing you know one of the new girls is waking up in hospital with a horrible hangover and signs of assault. Suddenly a lot of lives have changed.

The title of the
Suzanne
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moral Compass is one of the best Danielle Steel books I have read, and I have read a ridiculous amount of Danielle Steel books. It was so well written and the story was amazing. If you are picking up a Danielle Steel book for the first time, pick this one up (and then Blue because that was is so awesome also). This was a quick one-sitting read and was absolutely great!
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
‘By the time the ambulance got to the hospital, all six boys were in a deep, drunken sleep, and Vivienne was still unconscious. And this was only the beginning. Their Halloween had changed all of their lives forever.’

Danielle Steel delves into the world of elite private schools, entitlement, teen drinking and rape in her latest production. Moral Compass is a dramatic story that spotlights entitlement, change, risk, recklessness, choice, blame, justice and
Alicia Balliett
Jan 19, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-covers
If you want to read about a book where characters sound more concerned about the school and the rapist and not all about the victim then this is it!

Now before I continue, I understand that everyone can care/ worry about more than one thing. However, I find it a bit odd that when they bring up the school being in danger from press...they blame it on one student. The victim. "Why did she have to get herself raped?" No one said those exact words but I kept getting that vibe from the teachers and
MicheleReader
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Rated: 3.5 stars.

In Moral Compass the prolific Danielle Steel tackles the tough subject of rape, alcohol abuse and a cover-up by six seniors in an elite prep school which recently went co-ed. For most of us, there’s right and there’s wrong. Unfortunately for some, like several of the wealthy parents of the six boys, there’s a belief that money can help get you out of any jam. So much for following a moral compass. Steel’s latest is an interesting and timely story. A good, quick read.
Kristi
Moral Compass by Danielle Steel

First Sentence:

It was the day after Labor Day, one of those perfect, golden September mornings in Massachusetts, as the students of Saint Ambrose Preparatory School began to arrive.

Saint Ambrose Prep is the place where the wealthy and elite send their children for a top-notch education. Traditionally an all-boys school, they’ve recently admitted in females which is a point of contention among much of the faculty. When one of the female students is sexually
Sherri Thacker
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Moral Compass is Danielle Steel’s latest book out and I was lucky enough to get approved from NetGalley. No matter what DS puts out, I request it. This one has some very sensitive matter and was dealt with throughout the whole book. The poor boys made a terrible decision while at a prep school and their lives changed forever because of it. 5 stars for a well written book about something that no one wants to live through. I think I will be still thinking about this book in the days to come. ...more
Anne
Nov 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed many other books by this author and I find it really hard to believe that she is the one who wrote this one. I’ve only gotten through the first three chapters and I can’t read anymore… There is way too much narration and not enough dialogue and action to hold my interest. I very rarely get this low of a score and especially to such a well-known author who has written such good books in the past. Even though the storyline sounded intriguing, I am feeling very bored after just three ...more
Laura Rash
Difficult subject matter of a school rape may keep some fans of DS reading this one. Very well written with a justified ending.
Marianne
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This wasn’t my favorite by this author.

I get it exasperated by info dumps right off the bat and this had that in spades! This author can certainly write and creates excellent characters but the beginning of this book had me going back and forth trying to determine who’s who.

Eventually I got sorted and enjoyed this story. I don’t think that there are any real surprises here but that’s not the worst thing. It really was an emotional drama and showed the lengths that people will go to to get out
Cayla
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Net Galley for providing me this copy of Moral Compass by Danielle Steel! I havent read much by her before so this was a nice change. In this book she centers around an elite prep school in their first year of co-ed teaching and boarding. An event happens and everything goes wrong and changes the lives of the students. It definitely was an emotional ride with this one and kept me reading.
Vickie
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Finally! A book by Danielle Steel that was not rampant with people falling into bed with each other! This book is suitable for young adults as well as adults to read. It has a good lesson to teach, that is, to take responsibility for your actions and that the rich cannot get away with crimes in spite of their names and money. There were multiple sub-plots with the parents of the young people involved in the criminal actions, but none of them was particularly interesting. I’m just glad that DS ...more
Sandra B
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Melissa Cheney
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my more recent favorite books of Danielle Steel. It was very relevant to today's time, I thought the story line was a good and believable one. I thought the characters came alive in the book, although I must admit with SO many male names I did sometimes get confused... who was a dad, who was a student. I thought the ending of the book was respectful, and I was glad that the main character did not fall in love with one of the boys... I must admit I thought that might happen..
Mom2triplets04
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really a 3.5 rating but I’m rounding it to 4. I read this pretty quickly but I found myself skipping words which I don’t normally do. Felt it was too descriptive and had too many characters which got confusing. Would have liked more character development. I used to be a fan of Steel many years ago and just recently picked up her new releases. I didn’t like this one as much as her last book. Will certainly be reading more from her.
Sylvia
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! Great story!! Different from her other books!! Love this author's books!! Received this book from random house publishing group-ballantine from netgally!!
Melissa Borsey
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
An emotional story about an elite all boys prep school that has just gone coed and the one night that changed the lives of all involved. Excellent writing. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Nicole
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As another reviewer said, way too much narration and not enough dialogue or story. Also, can someone tell Danielle Steel that it is 2020 and same sex relationships do exist? There is a line in the first chapter about how as an all boys school, the school didn’t have to worry about romantic relationships. Really? It would be fine to say something like they didn’t have to worry about teen pregnancy or something like that, but “relationships”?
Alex Curtis
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down... really enjoyed that it wasn't about love or typical Danielle Steel. Plus the book cover is beautiful.

And covers moral topics such as underage drinking, sexual assault, and things that change the course of the lives of so many innocents..

8/10
Donna Hines
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Riveting! Chilling! Intrigue with a sense of Danger lurking all around!
This and more can be expected in this amazing new work,"Moral Compass" by Danielle Steel.
It all begins with Saint Ambrose Prep an elite school for boys until now. Girls are just moving in their belongings and with it comes change.
Change in the sense that everything will be turned upside down and someone will be accused of the most unspeakable sexual crime.
Boys become men rather quickly in this heart pounding thriller that
Natalie
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I work with college students, I found this book especially timely. This is the story of an elite male prep school that has admitted women for the first time. As predicted, this did cause a tremendous change and turmoil Sadly, this change was brought into focus when a bottle of tequila fueled a drunken night which ended in a brutal rape.

The author focused her lens on the students who would ultimately be involved. Though this made it predictable, it also brought clarity to the fact that
Beth Hunsberger
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced copy of this book.

This book tackles the social topic of teenage drinking and rape. Students are back to their boarding school for the year, and for the first time, the school has opened its enrollment to girls. The students quickly adjust and all is going well until Halloween when a bottle of tequila is shared among friends, a girl ends up raped, and the boys scatter with fear of being caught.. This story captures the emotions of all involved in the event, the charges and
Megan Greene
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed Danielle Steels latest emotional drama, Moral Compass.
If you could go back to your high school years, would you make different choices? Would you handle pivotal times in your life in a different way? 6 young men made terrible choices on Halloween that will impact them for the rest of their lives. This story will leave you questioning if the punishment fits the crime. A page turner not to be missed. Warning- Subject matter my be triggering for some. 4 stars.
Doreena Silva
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Danielle Steel fans
Shelves: arc, net-galley
Thank you to Netgalley, Danielle Steel and Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine
for the ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I'm a fan of Danielle Steel so I read all of her books.
I really enjoyed this one and found it to be not only timely but it could definitely be a "ripped from the headlines" type of read.
The title "Moral Compass" totally tied in to the book, it's characters and subject.
Well done Danielle!
Irene
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moral Compass by Danielle Steel . A perceptive look on the impact of underage drinking and rape. The story conveys the allegations, criminal proceedings and consequences of all involved in the event and decisions that have an impact on the rest of their lives.

Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the opportunity to preview the book.
Lou
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the serious subject of this book. Students in an elite school get into trouble and the parents want to buy their way out of it. Some of the students take responsibility for their actions on their own and prove that sometimes our children have a better moral compass then the adults. Well written as all of Danielle Steels books are. You must read this book.
Linda Leone
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to netgalley, Danielle Steele and to Random House publishing for the advance copy in exchange for my honest review.
I always enjoy a Danielle Steele book and this was no exception. Very timely subject matter. Lots characters in the story so it took some time to keep them straight. Liked how it all played out in the end
Carol Perreault
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fromnetgalley
A really good story of what could happen when teens and alcohol mix at a private boarding school. The resulting story shows the real personalities of the school faculty, the parents, the kids and the police, as they all try to deal with hiding and/or finding the truth.
Download PDF/ePub eBook Moral Compass: A Novel by Danielle Steel 1 2 Dec 29, 2019 09:29AM

• The Glittering Hour
  • Everything My Mother Taught Me
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • The Tenant
  • Lost
  • The River Murders
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
  • The Other Daughter
  • A Good Neighborhood
  • The Innkeeper's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #3)
  • Smoke Screen
  • Holly Banks Full of Angst
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • True to Me
  • A Crafter Quilts a Crime  (A Handcrafted Mystery #3)
  • Last Couple Standing
  • The Queen's Fortune: A Novel of Desiree, Napoleon, and the Dynasty That Outlasted the Empire
  • Treason (Stone Barrington, #52)
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more