Start by marking “Muse” as Want to Read:

Muse

Shelby Walsh is struggling to make ends meet. She spends her days doing singing telegrams for extra cash, but she never expected to be sent out to perform for the world’s most famous composer. And definitely not in a skimpy Greek goddess outfit. How is she supposed to keep it together when every part of her is screaming for him to take her?

Theo Hayes is a recluse. He just
Published April 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Muse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muse

Start your review of Muse
♡Tonya♡
This collaboration of Alexa Riley and Fiona Davenport was a match made on OTT instalove heaven! This steamy read was exactly what I have been craving! I can’t wait to dive into Starlet!

-no cheating
-no violence
-no separation
-good epilogue
Jen
This wasn’t my favourite from Alexa Riley. I have come to expect the same theme when I dig into one of her reads: that is over the top alpha males, insta-love, and lots of dirty sex! I only read her short stories when I’m in the mood for this type of read! With “ Muse” though, I found the hero to be way too possessive...to the point it was not even romantic at all! He wouldn’t even let a male nurse take her blood pressure ... that was ridiculous!!! Then when he decided that she was his fiancé; ...more
Jenny
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AR and FD are finally collaborating and I couldn't be happier. Short, steamy and sexy read with a composer and the woman who becomes his muse. Crazy possessive hero, sweet innocent heroine and a cute epilogue make this a must read. Totally safe!
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smut, ku, v-card
4 Stars

Super cute. Just the right amount of smut, cuteness and alpha-male. I like the whole composer / muse storyline. It worked.
Somia
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
It’s an Alexa Riley book so you know what to expect: insta-love/lust, hot/steamy scenes, a possessive over the top hero and usually as is the case here a virgin heroine. I liked the start, and the chemistry simmers between Theo and Shelby, but then the hero got a tad over the top, wasn’t overly keen on him growling at the male nurse. Plus, wanted the proposal to be romantic, somewhat disappointed with what Theo does, how it was depicted wasn’t hot. This was an easy, short, one time read.

Chitra *CJ*
So finally AR and FD (RP+EC) are collaborating! I’m excited to see what these four goddesses would produce together

What do you need me to do to, um, be your muse?” she asks, breaking me from my thoughts.
“Sing for me.” Be my wife. The mother of my children. My whole world.

"Muse" is the story of Shelby and Theo.

I found this book to be a perfect blend of AR's OTT sugary sweetness and FD's possessive obsessiveness.
Our world famous composer hero hits a musician's block, but finds a "muse" in a
Deborah

Shelby is just getting by but she’s doing what she loves. And by that I mean singing even if it’s only singing telegrams.

Theo is a brilliant award winning composer but he’s hit a wall. What he needs is a muse.

His brother sends him a singing telegram and the rest as they say is history.

Shelby has the voice of an angel. Theo has found his muse and his true love. And since it’s Alexa there’s loads of hot sex and he’s OTT possessive.
Gi's Spot Reviews
Two of my all time fav duos together?! PURE SMUTTY MAGIC, that's all I've got to say!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Elizabeth Neal
Shelby needs money, and singing telegrams helps pay the bills. She never expected her desperation in taking the job would lead to her meeting a composer, as in known around the world composer. But that's not why she's in awe. Her whole being calls out to him.

Theo is a self-proclaimed hermit, preferring to work and only work...except nothing is coming out. Grumpy to begin with, this fact isn't helping. But the telegram his brother sends him in hopes he'll be inspired is exactly what, or should I
Erin
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hmmm... I didn't really enjoy my last Alexa Riley read which is also my first foray into the Fiona Davenport collaboration. Theo was way too possessive over Shelby. He hit very close to the Christian Grey type with his obsession to get her eating all the type. How a woman who is described as having a plump ass can also be depicted as starving herself is a bit strange. Guess we can't love them all!

Goodreads review published 04/07/19
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic
I don’t think I’ve ever done this before, but 5 SMUT SCALE STARS for this sexy little number!! Woot woot!!

The sexy composer finds his muse and I think I found my mojo. I’ve been a horrendous reading slump the past few days, not being able to focus on or really enjoy a book, but an Alexa Riley pick me seems to have done wonders. I loved it.

The smut to story ratio was balanced.
The characters are likable
It’s insta everything! Exactly what you expect from these authors!
The story is cute, fun, and
Jami
This Duo (okay maybe foursome) brought an awesome read.
Theo is in a stump. He is having writers block like never before and he doesn't know how to get out of it. That's where baby brother steps in to help. Only he didn't know that his help was going to be the answer to all of his problems and dreams in one.
Shelby loves to sing but could never catch her break. Singing grams is not what she thought she would be doing with her life, but it gets her doing what she loves and pays her bills. What
Nova
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a typical read for both of these authors possessive alpha male and sweet virgin heroine and insta love to warm the heart.

Theo is in the biggest funk of his creative career, trying to write a new music score for an upcoming film he keeps drawing blanks. Suffering with writers block is definitely no fun but his younger brother has a plan and sends him a singing telegram who knew when he opened that door he would find the one thing he was looking for, his muse. And no sooner has he seen
Darlene I read to many boooks
Danni
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The level of OTT heat in this book is absurdly awesome. The MCs zoom past any ‘getting to know you’ stage and straight into ‘mine, MINE.’ Which, for lovers of insta, is completely gratifying. I love the complete devotion Theo has for her, especially because his support and obsession uplifts her to nurture her talents without blindly pushing her to the top. OTT is best done when the obsessiveness makes the lives of the MCs better all around, and in Muse, that’s what happens.
caren
I’m all for quick and dirty, as long as it’s BELIEVABLE. This was not. It bordered on kidnapping. That is not sexy.
Fiona Fog
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a new favourite from these ladies and they delivered. Be warned it's dirty and fast but it's so romantic too.

Theo is an award winning composer. His skills have earnt him numerous awards and he is in demand. But he's also in a bit of a slump. He can't seem to find the passion he once had. Something is missing.

When Theo's brother Austin sends him a singing telegram he is not prepared when he throws open his door and see's the vision that is Shelby standing in front of him. The clothing she
Amyb1975
What a great book. How could it not be with these 4 fantastic authors coming together. I was so excited when I heard they were joining forces and I was NOT disappointed.

-virgin h, celebate H (no mention of H's past)
-dual POV
-no cheating
-no abuse
-insta-love at its finest
-older man, younger woman
-epilogue at 2 and 5 years out

I fully recommend grabbing this wonderfully written book.4h5thbb%t%t
Now, on to the next book in this series.
Melissa
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

I enjoyed this story! Theo is as OTT as they come. He literally locked her in his house seconds after meeting her and had her living with him a half hour later. He moved beyond fast. Theo is dominant and wastes no time in heating up the sheets with his muse.
Safety and Spoilers
Completely safe. Not sure what the H’s past was and the h was a virgin. No op drama and no abuse.
One chapter more
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me just say, this collaboration was extremely naughty and hot. Sometimes four minds are better then two and this is the effect. I think brainstorming for the hero made him just perfect, he was so alpha, so confident and sexy... He saw his Angel and decided to keep her for himself. Sweet.

I felt pretty bad for Shelby though... I found her a bit , hmm... Not offending anyone but I found her a little bit stupid. On the other hand she was still a child of 19. And now that I go back to the story
❤❤Dee's Love of Books ❤❤
Exciting collaboration! Great quick read whereas a very reclusive composer is in a slump when his funny brother, Austin sends him a singing telegram and Theo falls hard for his forever muse, sassy songbird, Shelby!

Austin's story in next in Starlet!
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm really digging the result of the two author duos teaming up - I really enjoyed Muse! Theo is intense and growly and instantly obsessed with his little muse and Shelby is cute as can be. I love that even though she is young and inexperienced, she's not portrayed as helpless or needy - she's super talented in her own right and she's not afraid to speak her mind when Theo's alpha tendencies go overboard. At the same time she embodies a desire that I think many women share: that of wanting to be ...more
Kayla Brunson
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two of my favorite authors writing together? I was sold as soon as I saw their names. This was so freakin’ good and I hope that they write more together!

This was such a sweet and steamy short read! I loved Theo and Shelby together and their chemistry was white hot! The next book is about Theo’s brother Austin and I hope it’s as good as this one was!

I received an ARC for an honest review.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
Janice Somers
I couldn't put it down. The OTT alpha meets a singing telegrams girl who sings like an angel.
There is baby batter making everywhere.
Shelby is a singing telegram girl who goes where she is assigned to and sings their telegram to them.
Theo Hayes wants to be left alone to compose his music for a movie. Only he's having a problem as he is experiencing a block. His brother calls and tells him he has sent him a surprise. He hangs up from talking to his brother just as the doorbell rings.
Shelby is
Habiba Hasabo
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

Shelby had the whole innocent act working for her, it damn well suited her. I loved her and Theo so much. Alexa and Riley sure know how to hook us up.

“He says I’m his muse, but he’s mine, too.”

Shelby and Theo were fun to be with. Every book I think this will be it but I do not know what it is about Alexa and Riley’s books.

Shelby was Theo’s muse, and he was her heaven.
Heather
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Muse

It was a hot possessive romantic and it just keeps going!! I can’t wait to finish the rest of the series!!
lily waheed
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Theo man you're a little bit possessive! Don't you think ? Just a little too much !
Neringa Neringiukas
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Catchy quick story with no dramas. Unless, you counting H, Theo, acting over the top caveman and obsessive over his woman. Which was too cute and entertaining.
Lynn Thinking out loud
My goodness. Alexa and Fiona have knocked this one out of the ballpark. I've never read Fiona before. I really loved this book.
Kate
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Possessive, grumpy, going-through-the- motions male opens the door to find his “one” and is immediately hit with an unstoppable driving need to share his DNA exponentially.
You know, AR goodness.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Starlet
  • Heiress
  • Daredevil
  • Captured
  • Kept
  • Finding Home
  • Pretty Prize (Rags to Riches, #2)
  • The Hitman's Angel
  • Bring Him Home
  • Stolen
  • She's All Mine
  • His Love
  • Rock-a-Bye, Baby (Vegas, Baby, #3)
  • Her Love
  • Bet Me, Baby (Vegas, Baby, #2)
  • Baby Cakes: A Vegas, Baby Novella
  • Pretty Daring (Rags to Riches, #5)
  • Bought For Protection (Bought by the Billionaire #3)
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us