Start by marking “The Demon Kiss (Rite World: Blackthorn Hunters Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Demon Kiss (Rite World: Blackthorn Hunters Academy, #1)

The Demon Kiss

(Rite World: Blackthorn Hunters Academy #1)

A young woman with a secret heritage. A man who made a deal with the devil. And an academy where the students are just as dangerous as the demons …

Erin
I’ve been kept from the truth all my life. Demons walk the earth, and I’m destined to slay them—I only wish I hadn’t lost someone I loved while discovering that truth.
Now the demons are after me. The only way to stay alive i
ebook
Published June 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Demon Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Demon Kiss

Kristy
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erin Delmon is 19 and wants out of her small Colorado town she has know friends after moving around her whole life until she was 10 also she was home schooled. Erin wants to go to college like all the kids that attended school are doing but her aunt Paula said no. But when she takes a bet to stay in a supposed haunted house for allot of money she figures it will be easy and she can start a life away from her controlling aunt its only 1 hour. Big mistake Erin is going to find out that all those t ...more
Elysian Fields
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This story starts out in a subtle and calm manner and soon you find yourself just as intrigued and involved as the main character. Erin is a homeschooled girl looking for more out of life. She seems a bit lost at first, looking for a way out of her life. She soon finds it, but it is nothing like she or the readers expects.

Erin finds that Demons are real and for some reason they want to kill her. Just when it looks like all is lost in sweeps a handsome man with a sword to save her; but don’t get
Wendi Wilson
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You ever read a book, and just want to jump into the pages and punch someone?? It's called being invested in a set of characters so much, you really care what about happens to them and the choices they make.
Erin enters a supposedly haunted house on a dare, and all hell breaks loose...literally. Her life becomes a bit of a whirlwind after that, with one secret after another being revealed in a fast-paced, entertaining story that'll keep you on the edge of your seat.
Rey is a tortured soul that, de
Lene Blackthorn
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adventurous and intriguing opening to a new series, full of surprising revelations and magical twists.
Erin grew up alone, on the move and homeschooled by her aunt. Of course, when the opportunity to escape arose, even though it required going to a haunted house, she took it. This decision proved fatal though. Wearing a demon mark now, she is saved by Rey and brought to Blackthorn academy of demon hunters to catch up all the upbringing she missed. However, even in the academy she is not safe..
I
Christina
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I got this book from the author to do a review for my honest opinion*

I absolutely loved this book the characters Rey and Erin are very great characters they're easy to follow the story just flows on the day I got once I started reading I could not put it down I just had to finish and now I am eagerly waiting the next book.

Erin is a girl who knows nothing of the supernatural world shes always been homeschooled and lives with her aunt she doesn't believe in demons or anything of the sort her aun
Kaye
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE BLAZING ADVENTURE!!!
OMG! Man, One mind-blowing storyline and impressive plot bring this bad boy blazing to life beautifully. Juliana totally nailed this bad boy 100% on point. A whirlwind of unexpected events and surprising mishaps that keep you flipping page after page. One rollercoaster with all the trials and tribulations that propels the intense emotions bursting into play smoothly. The characters are authentic, consistent and realistic with depth and qualities its easy to relate. Sparks
CrazyCat (Alex)
Erin finds out there are demons, the hard way. Then she is whisked away to an Academy to learn to become a demon hunter. Oh, and the guy whisking her away? Yeah, he is a half demon. Arriving at the Academy Erin thinks she finally found her place, somewhere she belongs. But it isn't that easy. It never is.
I loved how the action starts right with the first chapter and then never stops. There are mean girls (yes, I mean you Ava, and your minions) giving the Academy a real high school feeling. Profe
Debbie Eyre
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“An upper young adult paranormal romance novel set in the universe of the Rite World, this is a dark fantasy you won't want to miss! Forge your weapons and cast spells in a school where demons are hunted and the hunters themselves become prey.”
Now if this doesn’t make you want to read this story then it’s not for you but if you are a fan of paranormal romance YA style then you have to read this! As with all schools you have the mean girls, you have the teachers, the good guys and the bad and in
Michelle Fritz PA
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Demons, Hunters, Werewolves and Zombies... oh my!! This was a very twistly plotted series starter! Our two main characters have so much in common and yet they seem to be forever separated by this or that. If you like academy books with a unique twist and a fresh take on paranormal creatures, this is sure to entertain you. This is filled with frightening moments and things that go bump in the night. There are so many questions floating about and that ending frustrated me a tad, only because I was ...more
Richard Goodrum
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great writing. Emotionally fraught. Erin and Claire are truly delightful. Rey, not so much. Perhaps Ava and Randall are the worst. There are many unexpected twists and turns in the story. I look forward to what follows.

I received a copy of this book as a gift. This is my honest review.

Entertaining. Haunting. Scary. Tragic. Twisted. Unpredictable. Wonderful characters.
Jennifer Dunski
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Sweet baby demons I was surprised how much I was sucked in. In a world Erin knew nothing about, her character is outstanding and Rey is a wicked badass!
The storyline is incredible, so many great details and so much fun, the world building was a fantastic touch with the storyline and characters that it blended and mixed with harmony! I can't wait for the next book!
Amy Hannagan
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was totally blown away by this book. Admittedly, I wasn't sure I wanted to jump on the Academy train. But this one had so many intriguing details that I had to find out what it was going to be and, boy, am I happy I did. The world is one I've been in before through the other Rite series but these characters are new and so great. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Janeandjerry
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this from JULIANA HAYGERT who is the author of this great book for my reviews and I'm so glad I had the chance to read it and now can't wait to see what happens in the future with these great characters.
Jackie
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great from this superb writer. A young woman with a secret, a young man who gave his soul to the devil. What’s to be done, but read until the end. Spectacular new series.
Leslie
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! I loved this new series! Starting this series off I couldn't put it down and lost a few hours of sleep reading it. If you enjoy reading about demons and demon hunters, you'll enjoy this book!
Bec
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is such a great story.
So many twists, I couldn’t stop reading.
I can’t wait to read what happens next in Erin & Rey’s journey.
Recommend to all.
Seraphia
The Demons Kiss by Juliana Haygert is the first book in her new academy series – Rite World: Blackthorn Hunters Academy. Prepare for lots of demons, intense moments, and lots of surprises! Erin is just a normal girl, or is she? Her life has mostly been moving about with her aunt from place to place, never making any friends or getting close to anyone because soon enough they would just pick up and move again. But things change when she hears a group of teens cajoling each other about a haunted h ...more
Marissa
The Demon Kiss is the first installment in a young adult paranormal academy series about Erin, a young woman who just uncovered her family's demon hunting legacy and finds herself on her way to an academy for demon hunters. The story is told in alternating points of view between Erin and Rey, a young half-demon posing as a demon hunter who sold his soul to a very power lord of the underworld. Rey becomes a rising star at the academy, making him the go to person when demons begin attacking studen ...more
Jan
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC from the author for my honest opinion.*
I was intrigued from the start of this story and curious about the background of the two main characters which definitely made this a page-turner for me. I particularly loved the alternating viewpoints from Erin and Rey. I think I enjoyed Rey's perspective and character development a bit more. The secondary characters were enjoyable, particularly Claire. I adored the friendship between she and Erin. At times, I forgot that the characters
Nicole
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
**I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary ARC of this book.**

Erin's just about to figure out what she wants to do with her life after being homeschooled by her aunt. She wants to go to college, but they can't afford it.

She doesn't know about the secret her aunt is hiding - her aunt is a demon hunter. She also finds out from Rey, a slave to Asmodeus (his father), that she is indeed a demon hunter and that demons are real. She doesn't know that Rey has an agenda from his father...

Things quickly e
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Unique and interesting! I loved the concept and the twist and turns throughout the story. As for the characters themselves I had mixed feelings about them. Erin not sure what I really think of her yet but I did love Rey.
The story read a little odd at times and wasn’t as believable with how easily things were resolved and some of the dialogue.
But overall I enjoyed the story and I liked the concept. I can’t wait to see where the story goes especially with Rey.
Betina Clark
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book... plenty of action with a side of suspense and a taste of romance. Lovers of academy books will enjoy this series with its snarky teen attitudes and lots of kick butt training. The main characters have plenty of chemistry and I enjoyed learning about some of the students while everyone is trying to live through the demon raids.
I received a free ARC of this book. This is an honest review.
LooseBoots
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
It was quite a good read .
Stephanie Williams
Tayah  English
Jun 15, 2019
Brandi
Jun 14, 2019
USA Today Bestselling Author.

While Juliana Haygert dreams of being Wonder Woman, Buffy, or a blood elf shadow priest, she settles for the less exciting—but equally gratifying—life of a wife, mother, and author. Thousands of miles away from her former home in Brazil, she now resides in North Carolina and spends her days writing about kick-ass heroines and the heroes who drive them crazy.

Want to kno

Rite World: Blackthorn Hunters Academy (3 books)
  • The Hunter Secret (Rite World: Blackthorn Hunters Academy, #2)
  • The Soul Bond (Rite World: Blackthorn Hunters Academy, #3)