Start by marking “TWIST OF FATE” as Want to Read:
TWIST OF FATE

TWIST OF FATE

"Legally Blonde meets Gladiator in this volcanically hot time travel romp through the streets of ancient Pompeii."
~ Laney Kaye, Author of HAWAIIAN HURRICANE

Twenty-first century Greek goddess Pandia is shaking in her Jimmy Choos. A few weeks ago, she traveled back in time to attend a party, where she accidentally suggested Julius Caesar abandon politics for gardening. Her
Published May 10th 2019 by Hummingbird Press

To ask other readers questions about TWIST OF FATE, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TWIST OF FATE

Start your review of TWIST OF FATE
Laney Kaye
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is just gorgeous. A sexy gladiator hero a sassy time-travelling goddess...what could possibly go wrong? While it's light and funny, it's nuanced by the author's careful research, and makes for both an interesting and entertaining read.
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely adored this book. Fun, sexy, with a touch of Greek goddessness. Maybe it's because I used to love stuff like Xena, but this story was right up my alley. If you like light, funny romantic comedies, it's a great book for you.
Cintia Aleixo
I'm sorry this one didn't work for me. I feel the praise are better than the book
Jamie Brydone-Jack
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
An eternal goddess living in a modern-day Olympia, Pandia has interfered one too many times with humans, changing the course of history. Her father's Zeus decides she needs to learn a lesson and sends her back in time to Pompeii just before the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. She is meant to observe but not interfere. Mistaken for a prostitute because of how Hera dressed her and believed to have started a riot, Pandia comes the slave of the head of the gladiators, and her job is to give massages to ...more
Mary Lou Hoffman
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let’s start with the last four words in that blurb. “This book is (a) standalone.” I want to go on record as protesting the stand-alone status of this book. Couldn’t we have more fun with these gods and goddesses, please? Or maybe our friends in Pompeii?

It is obvious that the author put in a lot of research, but it is not preachy. Instead she found the stuff that I knew was out there (like the graffiti about the Thoracian – I loved how she tied it in!) This is not an era that *everyone* has
Philleys Peters
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pandia is the daughter of Zeus. Her time traveling jaunts to the past have ended in major changes that her father and stepmother Hera are not too happy over. To teach her a lesson, Pandia is sent back in time to the last days of Pompeii with absolutely none of her goddess powers and nothing except her toga and sandals and her smarts. It was interesting to see ancient Pompeii through her thoroughly modern eyes and experience her mortal adventure with new friends Flavia and Demetrius and how they ...more
Angie Barnes
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about Pandia who is sent back in time by her father Zeus for her interference in fate. She is sent to Pompeii and there she meets Caladus, Flavia and Demetrius and they become friends. She knows something is going to happen and she tries to get them to leave but no one will believe her. Will she get her friends to leave in time or will she have to watch them all die.
This story has a few twist and turns in it that go along wi th the times, a male who has issuses about performance
Barbara Brostek
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining Fantasy Time Travel Romance!
Greek Gods in the 21st Century! Pandia is sent back to Pompeii as punishment by Zeus for interfering with history during her time travels. Her witty escapades had me in stitches. The wonderful imagery and intriguing storyline sets this time travel adventure apart. Interesting fun characters, unique references to history, women’s rights, nice chemistry with Caladus, her hunky Gladiator. Enjoy!

I received an arc copy and am delighted to leave my honest
Riley
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a hilarious, witty, steamy, wonderful time travel adventure romance. I lost track of how many times I laughed outloud while reading it. Pandia is such a lively character and her gladiator is swoon-worthy. Love, trust, friendship, family issues, women’s rights, dignity, and charity are some of the undercurrents, but mostly it is a thoroughly entertaining story with a gigantic dose of chemistry.

Victoria
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
For me this was an emotional read; it was sad, heartbreaking, sweet and funny. I have smiled and cried through this, I lived each moment as if I was there. I loved the characters, the history, the mythology, the humour, sadness and character growth. As I'm writing this I just know I have to read it again, this time with some tissues!

Reena
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a treat this book was! Funny to the point of hillarious at times, full of action, wonderful characters and a captivating storyline. Time travel, Greek Gods, mythology... oh my!!! A great fun read!!!

Marianne
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun time travel romance. It is cute, quirky and full of laughs. It made me smile all the way through.

Christina Wilder
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A funny, exciting, action-packed, steamy time travel romance. Different than others out there and well worth the read.
Elizabeth Chatsworth
Aug 15, 2019
Bookworm’s Mistress
Jul 26, 2019
Marty Mayberry
Apr 18, 2019
Marlie May
Apr 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Summercactus
Apr 13, 2019
J
May 15, 2019
Mary
Oct 15, 2019
Adrian Hollomon
Nov 19, 2019

• Burning For You (Westmore Wolves Book 3)
  • Unicorn Mates (Valentine Pride, #1)
  • Marriage Mistake (Beautiful Mistakes, #1)
  • Reigning Eira (The Fae Queen Of Winter #2)
  • Dragons are a Girl's Best Friend (Quarter Witch Chronicles #1)
  • Hook (Neverland in Chaos, #2)
  • Mated to the Pride
  • Moonlight Bride (High House Canis, #3)
  • The Orc Wife
  • The Outlaw's Bride (The Brides of Skye #2)
  • Accidental Surprise
  • Eye Of The Hurricane (Fate’s Fools, #6)
  • How to Lose an Alien in 10 Days (Alienn, Arkansas #2)
  • Alien Charmer (Zerconian Warriors, #12)
  • Captive of the Bear Clan (Bonfire Falls, #1)
  • Count Your Hexes (Witch of Wickrock Bay Book 1)
  • The Guardian's Sapphire Heart
  • Forsaken (Watchtower, #12)
Marlie was born in New England and grew up on a dairy farm in rural Maine. She graduated from the University of Maine, and then Kennebec Community College, with degrees in International Relations and Nursing. She writes contemporary romance and romantic suspense with plenty of heat, laugh-out-loud moments, twisty suspense, and a guaranteed happily ever after.

She lives in New England with her