Start by marking “The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)

The Enchanter's Soul

(The Ellwood Chronicles #2)

Many fall as the last enchanter rises…

The first line of the ancient prophecy keeps playing over and over in my head, but I’m afraid to remember the rest. I don’t want to think about what’s coming for us—what’s coming for him. I’ve been keeping Brinnswick safe for years; I’ve been keeping my coven safe my whole life; and now I was responsible for keeping Sebastian safe,

Published April 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Enchanter's Soul, please sign up.
MaryCT For anyone still interested, there are 15 kids: Opal, Basil, Aspen, Thayer, Jorah. Twins: Honey & Sugar, Willow & Clover, Tiordan & Delaro, Peach & Pe…moreFor anyone still interested, there are 15 kids: Opal, Basil, Aspen, Thayer, Jorah. Twins: Honey & Sugar, Willow & Clover, Tiordan & Delaro, Peach & Pear, Pepper & Pumpernickel.(less)

Start your review of The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
Nazanin
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, 2019, m-m, fantasy
4.5 Stars

Told in dual POV, 1st person. It’s the second installment in "The Ellwood Chronicles" and has to be read in order. I liked book one but I enjoyed this a bit more. Both characters were likable, I couldn’t decide I liked which one more. I liked that they both care about each other, how possessive they were of each other, protective of each other or get jealous... I liked that how Ailin was patient with Seb. Yes, sometimes Seb’s behavior hurt him but he understood where Seb came from and t
Micah
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the 1st book in this series & was really excited to get my hands on this. But... honestly, it was kind of just meh for me. The excruciatingly long, drawn out, over the top, declarations of love were cute at first but... after awhile they just got exhausting. I don’t feel like like it would be exaggerating to say this book has more “I love you baby, I’ll never leave you, you’re my everything, I’ll protect you with everything I have, you’re family now” than it does actual plot line. Maybe ...more
Gerbera_Reads
Ellwood clan is back! Trouble is brewing in town. Teenage drama and Sebastian's magic abilities keep Ellwood family's days occupied. Ailin and Seb are slowly building their relationship but all is not as it seems. Ailin is keeping secrets, and Seb is resisting his magic. Many secrets are uncovered, Ailin finally makes peace with Emrys, new family members arrive - it's both happy time and a time to prepare for battle.

I loved how patient Ailin was with Seb, how slowly they opened up about their
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I usually like to read about normal humans learning their world is filled with magic. While I enjoyed that aspect in book one there was nothing really going for book two.

Sebastian and Allin were exhausting. Their back and forth was enough to make me grit my teeth. Sebastian took things way too personal, I could empathize with him initially but after the fifteenelventh time I was over it. I'm yet to decide if I want to read book three.
Jinx
That's it, I'm out. This book completely fell apart for me. It was exhausting. I can't, I just can't.

The constant back and forth between Sebastian and Ailin was exasperating. Their insecurities about not being enough for each other became too repetitive and after a while it felt like maybe they shouldn't be together since they clearly had to try so hard to stay together. For a love like theirs that was written in stars and traveled centuries to come to fruition there sure was a lot of resistanc
Skirmish
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.com/2019/08/14/...
Rating: 4 Stars – minor quibbles but I loved it to bits
jazmin
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
I love this series. I almost never read paranormal books, but when I do I always find myself wondering why I don't, since I usually enjoy them a lot.

Anyway, this book. I love the interactions between characters, the emotions (truly an emotional rollercoaster haha), the relationships (both romantic, platonic, and family), the humor, the mix between serious and fun, calm moments and exciting ones.

And not to be dramatic but i would die for Sera. (And Thayer) (view spoiler)
Alex
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I really liked it and I love the universe but I preferred book 1.
I found Seb kind of annoying. I like him but his reactions pissed me off most of the time.. That's why I can't give 5 stars. But I still loved everything about this story.
All the characters, the plot. The world building! I'm looking forward for the next book!
And I'm definitely waiting for Emrys's one!!

Oh and Basil... He's a little shit and I hope he'll get his head out of his ass in the next book... I sense a story between him and
TJ
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I think I liked this more than book one. I definitely preferred Ailin’s perspective to Sebastian's so maybe that's why, but I just love this series in general either way.

Can't wait to start book 3 later on today.

Johnna
Apr 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
That was exhausting.
Sitonit
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25

The melodrama felt contrived. It really irritated me and so I docked a full star for that.
Beth
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second book in the series gets off to a kind of slow start however I think I held my breath for the final 25%! We pick up the story with Sebastian and Ailin after the incident with the staff in book one and the discovery that Seb is an enchanter. You really have to have read book one first or a lot of this book isn’t going to make sense to you.

I have to start by saying Sebastian really annoys me. He is whiny, doesn’t want the newly discovered magic, won’t fully accept Ailin’s feelings for h
Mari  Cardenas
4.5 Stars!

This is book 2 in The Ellwood Chronicles series and it needs to be read/listened to in order.

While I was ambivalent over my feelings for Seb and Ailin in the first book, well, not really, I thought Seb was a drama queen and Ailin was a jerk, this changed in this book. I started out loving Ailin and still thinking Sebastian sounded younger and more immature, and I was more than a bit fed up with him being so difficult about everything. Although, I will admit it couldn't have been easy t
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
The Enchanter’s Soul

A magical addition to the series. Full of so much emotion I absolutely loved learning more about the characters and watching not only themselves grow but also their relationship. Again this one had me on the edge of my seat and I’m so excited for more!
Alex
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow 😱 so freaking AMAZING 💫🐉🐾🧚🏼‍♂️🧙🏻‍♂️
Grace
2.5 rounded down

I think it's time I officially give up on this series. I gave it a good faith effort, I did, and it's not bad which is why I kept trying, but it's just not quite working for me, even though I wish it did. The world building here in interesting, but not quite as seamless as I'd like. The characters are interesting, but the dynamics between everybody here are so WEIRD and confusing. Everybody is prickly and there is honestly so much going on between every single person that it's re
Alesha
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!!!!****

"You can see it?" Ugh! Michele put SO much feeling into that one sentence that i started crying!!! This second installment had absolutely everything that i look for in a paranormal/fantasy read. Some angst, laughter, tears. Oh the feels! This was the absolutely best. Although, i truly disliked Sebastian in this one. I felt like he was so selfish and invalidated Ailins feelings. Its like he knew he was hurting Ailin but didnt care. Ailin was amazing. I loved seein
llv
Rating: 4 stars
I was a bit disappointed in this book. I loved the first book in the series and really liked Sebastian. In this book I found myself disliking him a bit, especially through the first 70% of it. I think the problem stemmed from the fact that the majority of the book was written from Ailin’s perspective and very little was written from Sebastian’s. This allowed us to see how Sebastian’s actions were affecting Ailin and didn’t really allow us insight to what Sebastian was going throug
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the first book in this series, but this one had a lot going on in it. A lot. Almost too much, and Basil is a piece of shit and Thayer can kill him at any point and I’ll be happy.
Chancey Knowles
I really struggled with rating this one. My personal rating will probably be a 2.5 or lower. My objective side says this deserves a 3 with warnings.

Blurb =
It is a little vague but fine for those who read the first book for sure.

My Genre Scale =
5 star genre for me. I love supernatural fantasy.

Odds if not your genre =
I would not recommend — unless one has already read the first and really liked it.

What stood out =
How much better the end was considering I almost stopped reading.

Mood Type / App
Katherine
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Relationship Angst

I found this one a but more frustrating than the first book, largely because of certain character interactions. There was more angst in this one with everything going on and for a time this seemed to simply drag on. Initially the angst is between Ailin and Sebastian about some hidden truths of the magical world and what it means for their relationship. Then there is a whole thing whenever Emrys us around, which was a lot in the second half.

Ailin and Sebastian fairly well cemete
Abrianna
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've been looking forward to this book since I first read The Enchanter's Flame. Michele Notaro has become one of my top favorite authors. She's a brilliant writer with quite the evil streak.

This book picks up just days after the first one and it spans over the course of a few months. I loved that.

Where book one was told from entirely Sebastian's POV this one is mainly from Ailin's POV with some Sebastian chapters thrown in. I do not like single POV. There are two sides to every story and I li
Ivy
Ailin and Sebastian are Vitmae Viramore, meaning soul mate. Sebastian is also the last enchanter in the world and his life is at risk. While dealing with their new relationship and the new power of Sebastian, Ailin and Seb will also have to find what disturb their world and push dwarfs, sprites and other magical creatures to hide in the human territory.
I was super excited to read this book and to meet the guys again.
Ailin and Sebastian are on fragile ground. Their relationship is new and with Se
Midnight
Apr 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF

The first book was promising and I thought that the lackluster and annoying dynamic between the two MCs would finally improve in this book. I was mistaken. Not only did it not improve, it took a huge nosedive. The characters turned into cardboard caricatures and just fell apart already by chapter 10. Ailin is this controlling "do it all by myself" type and Seb is an insecure whiny and dramatic 13yo girl. His reaction to the revelation that Sera has several forms, manticore being one of them,
Misty M
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it
The second in the series, these are definitely not standalone, and must be read in order.

The book in which I fall for Emerys and his new beau. I am as shocked by how that went down as I am by how I feel about them. But I am so looking forward to their book (fingers crossed).

In general, this one didn’t quite do it for me as much as the first, at least for the first 75%. It felt like it progressed really slowly, and was meant to build tension with the escalating events. But it fell a little shor
Meg
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is an excellent follow-up to The Enchanter's Flame. The characters are further developed, the world building is creative, and the writing is smoothly done.

This book is filled with one thing after another disturbing the supernatural world. Ailen, Seb, and family find themselves trying to sort out odd situations and find the reasons behind them. Something is messing with the "supe" world , and it needs to be sorted soon.

Then, of course, there's the fact that Sebastian is the last enchant
Kristin
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better!
This is the next book in the Ellwood Chronicles and while it continues on with the story the best part is how much more we learn about the characters. I am a huge fan of dual POV and in this book we get to really experience Ailin. Wow he was a bit of a surprise to me. I don’t want to spoil anything but I will say he has become a new favorite of mine!
Another thing I like that has continued from the first book is that for Sebastian it does not all come easy
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3.5

The adventure continues and I loved it!!

This story is just as awesome as the first book and continues on with Ailin and Sebastian and them coming to terms with Seb's enchanter powers and their fated connection. It is a thrilling journey, full of new intrigue, mystery, and magic. We see all the favorite characters and get a better insight into their magical world and some weird things that have been happening since their battle with the demon. We are introduced (al
Ben Truong
The Enchanter's Soul is the second book in The Ellwood Chronicles series written by Michele Notaro. It centers on Detective Sebastian Fitz and his partner Ailin Ellwood as they investigate strange and odd cases throughout Brinnswick.

Sebastian Fitz has been revealed to be the prophesied Enchanter that everyone in the magical community is after – or rather his soul. Fortunately for him, not many in the community has yet to realized this yet and that he has the backing of Ailin Ellwood, his soul ma
Xanthe
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy sh...... Wow! What a fantastic follow up to a brilliant first book. This story just constantly has you begging for more, riding the highs and lows between and with Ailin and Sebastian.
I love that we have more chapter's from Ailin's POV in this book, allowing us to understand where he's coming from regarding his magic, family and Sebastian. There is a lot going on for both men constantly and you have to pay attention to keep up but it's oh so worth it.
The story itself is full of love, heart
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Wolfsbane (Werewolves of Boston #1)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • Healing Aiden (Lords of Discord #5)
  • Waking Bel (Lords of Discord, #3)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound #5)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • Forbidden Magic (Magic and Claws, #1)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
  • The Fantastic Fluke
  • Broken Warrior (The Weavers Circle, #1)
  • Azaran (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #1)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • The Soldati Prince (Soldati Hearts, #1)
I’m married to an awesome husband that puts up with me and all the characters in my head—and there are many. We have two young boys who also put up with me and my craziness. We live in Maryland with our two dogs and a fish. And yes, I had to include the fish, otherwise my three boys—hubby included—might just disown me. They love that damn goldfish we won at a carnival. *sigh*
Born and raised in Bal

The Ellwood Chronicles (5 books)
  • The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • The Enchanter's Heart (The Ellwood Chronicles #4)
  • The Enchanter's New Kids (The Ellwood Chronicles #5)