Start by marking “For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)” as Want to Read:
For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)

For Now, Forever

(The MacGregors #5)

Anna -- Daniel's wife of forty years -- relives her remarkable courtship, when meddlesome matchmaking patriarch and self-made millionaire Daniel MacGregor faced his biggest challenge: to convince the love of his life to marry him! Here at last is the story of how Daniel wooed and won the fiercely independent Anna Whitfield and launched his formidable dynasty. Fiercely dedi ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Language of Love, 250 pages
Published October 1st 1992 by Silhouette (first published February 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about For Now, Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Now, Forever

Start your review of For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
Zubee
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Daniel was such a character throughout this whole series that I just had to read his book ...
Anna doesn't disappoint ... she is strong and patient while he is like a bull in a china shop ...
But their love is beautiful ...
Chitra *CJ*
AMAZING.
If you've read the MacGregor series so far, you know that Daniel and Anna the parents and patriarch of the family play a major role at cajoling their kids to find their soulmates.
We finally get their incredible story. (I always adore flashback parent tales!)
The book begins in the present where an injured Daniel lies in the OR while Anna has her family to support her..
Flashback to 40 years prior when Daniel is a young and charming self made billionaire who's finding his niche in the rich
fleurette
I am a great fan of Nora Roberts but mostly of her longer books. Her category romances are not in my taste. For Now, Forever was too old-school and too eye-rolling to me. It was lacking in the character and relationship development.

I didn't like Daniel. He is bossy and much more alpha than I can stand. He decides that Anna will become his wife and he completely doesn't care that she has other plans. He tells her that he will not change for her but expects for her to do otherwise. And Anna, she f
Jovana Kuzmanovic
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
😍 😍 😍 Love it.
Elena
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute... i like Ana and Daniel's story more than Serena's.... Not sure about others in between - haven't read them yet!
Jess
I am still not entirely sure WHEN this book is set, but I very much enjoy proto-feminist Anna Whitfield and her battle of wills against Daniel MacGregor.
Carolyn
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roberts-nora
This was definitely my favorite of the series. Anna and Daniel's story. The two main characters whose romance started the whole dynasty. Wonderful.
Arlene
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I was used to Nora Roberts writing not about romance but a little of suspense and thrillers. This one is nice.
Heidi
Aug 01, 2020 rated it liked it
This is love story of the MacGregor patriarch, Daniel MacGregor, and Anna Whitfield. Anna is an ambitious, aspiring doctor at a time where most women were expected to be only wives and mothers. Daniel is a successful businessman in search of a wife. If you love Daniel then this is a must read, and if you are lukewarm on his character this book may improve your opinion. You also get the bonus love story of Myra Dittmeyer! To hear a full discussion of For Now, Forever listen to Season 1, Ep. #11 " ...more
Rereading the MacGregor series has been fun. What is crazy is how little I remember of these books - almost like I'm reading a brand-new book every time. Before, I rated these books as compilations (Serena and Caine, Alan and Grant, etc.). But that didn't really tell me which books I really liked - just which compilation. Ugh Anna is too good for Daniel, the patriarch of the MacGregors, who annoys the crap out of me - 3 stars.

*PSA - Listen to my friends' Nora Roberts podcast, Romancing the Shelf
Ruth Garcia
After reading the first four MacGregor books, including his children and their family ties, it was delightful to be able to see Daniel and Anna’s story. The man in the first four books was the father, the patriarch, the family man. Getting a glimpse inside of who he was as a young man, shows who he is at the core. Where he came from. To see a man with confidence in spades get tongue-tied and question himself over Anna was rewarding. He was put in his place several times and I laughed about it ea ...more
Nancy Brooks
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I "read" this on audiobook by Brillance audio. More on that later. This is a prequel of sorts. It starts out with a life or death situation for Daniel and then goes on to relay the story of Anna's and Daniel's courtship. For those who have read the first four in the series, this would be very satisfying. I had not. It was a good story for me but would have been better as a standalone without the first and last chapters. That said, the story gets four stars from me.
Now the audio. I do not recomme
calypso
I've had this book for almost 4 years and this is the first time that I'm reading it. Nevertheless, it is in awful condition even if I bought it new. So many people borrowed it from me and I wanted to know what's so special about it.

It is interesting, I must admit, but it is not my cup of tea. I'm a feminist and Daniel's views about women and buisness were killing me. He was too much an alpha and too much a "male". I didn't like it a bit. He changed his opinion at the end, but it was too late fo
Jamoz23
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read in the two book set - THE MacGREGORS: REMEMBERED through my library.
Good solid fun read.
I only read Daniel and Anna’s book and loved it, didn’t read the historical book Rebellion.
Daniel is in a car accident and whilst on the operating table his memories of meeting and pursuing Anna are followed.
Daniel is of course the rough, tough take no prisoners man I expected having read the earlier books.
Of course Anna is a perfect match for him.
But I loved that quiet Anna, has an inner strength, for
Ashley Christensen
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-the-nora
I finished this last week, but forgot to "finish" it here.

This is probably in my Top 5/Top 10 of her books. I loved getting to read the story of THE MACGREGOR, and how they fell in love.

It was sweet, it was believable, and it was romantic.
And better yet, I didn't feel like she split them up just to split them up. The logic made sense, and oh, did it make me ache for their happy ending.
Kat
Sep 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've liked other books by Nora Roberts. I don't know if I've loved anything by her, but I've enjoyed her work.

This book was not for me. I did not buy into this romance. These two seemed poorly suited for each other in a lot of ways, and I could not feel the spark that the two characters supposedly had. It seemed like instalove to me in a lot of ways, and other than physical attraction... I couldn't figure out what they liked about each other?

Also I really hate the "woman is not interested in m
Marjo
4.5, which technically should be 5 because I cried, but I have to take out half a star for the arrogant, manipulative "my way is the only way" male lead. I think the reason I did love it so much is that the heroine doesn't give an inch over the course of the entire novel. She knows what she wants, she won't settle for less, and her man has to yield to her.
Hope
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a good book!
I'm pretty sure it's not #5 in the series as there are quite a few of the MacGregor books, LOL! Maybe some came after this one. 😉
Regardless, it's the story of Daniel and Anna, how they met, fell in love and eventually united. As you can imagine there were oodles of fireworks! 😄
Emilie Pihan-Silcock
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
In my opinion I would like to say that this book was very enjoyable and I would read it again. The story line is very good and I like the concept to it as the character develops and it is a typical romance but the way it is written gives it more of a feel to the novel and makes it less standard. I love it thank you Nora Roberts for writing this book.
Kay
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Another Nora Roberts series I missed, The MacGregors. And again, what can I say? She writes with many twists and turns with great character development. Love her books as she usually ends all her books with a warm, fuzzy feeling. Looking forward to rest of series.
Lorraine Martin
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lee
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the story of how Daniel McGregor met Anna Whitfield and won her heart. He is rather old fashioned, she is modern and ambitious. It also features Myra Ditmeyer as a side character and she almost steals the book.
Sarani Rangarajan
Classic Nora Roberts

Spoiler: the woman get the love, the career, and produces several children.

Our lives and loves are more complex now, but sometimes it’s a pleasure to jump into a simpler fictional world.
About the book
This part of the book takes you back in time and lets you get to know the matriarch. Nora Roberts did good by introducing this part in the middle of the series. In the beginning it would have been too much, but as book 7 it was ideal. A big compliment to Nora Roberts.
Househippo
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was ok

Not the best of the MacGregors, but mostly satisfying.
Diane
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Daniel Mac Gregor is in ICU, and so we go back to the beginning when he met Anna Whitfield. This book is their story.
Robyne (grl-1der-reader)
Dear Daniel. Hot, sexy, tough Daniel but in his chauvinist place by strong, smart, beautiful Anna. What a love story!
Erin Burns
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There we go, how was this so amazingly better than the first 4 in the series?
Bethany
Fine prequel to the whole series.
« previous 1 3 next »
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including Hideaway, Under Currents, Come Sundown and coming in November 2020 -- The Awakening -- the first book in The Dragon Heart Legacy. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print. ...more

The MacGregors (10 books)
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • All The Possibilities (The MacGregors, #3)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • Rebellion (The MacGregors, #6)
  • The MacGregor Brides (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #8)
  • The MacGregor Grooms (The MacGregors, #9)
  • The Perfect Neighbor (The MacGregors, #10)