Start by marking “And Then You (Against All Odds #2)” as Want to Read:
And Then You (Against All Odds #2)

And Then You

(Against All Odds #2)

JAKE
I knew my life would change when I followed my best friend across state lines and transferred to the Reedsport Police Department. I just wasn’t prepared for how much.

From the moment I meet him, CJ Reyes isn’t what I expect, and neither is our chemistry. The fire with him is like nothing I’ve felt before, both in and out of the bedroom. His sexy sapphire eyes are
Published May 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about And Then You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then You

Start your review of And Then You (Against All Odds #2)
Nat ReadingAllNite
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read, lescourt, m-m
3.5 heartwarming stars. I’ve been anticipating this sequel to Beckett and Riley’s story, as Jake was intriguing as Beckett’s perpetual bachelor friend. He’s moved to Reedsport and joined the force, enjoying his change to small-town life. Reyes has been cut from the professional soccer team he played for in Mexico, due to injuries and being replaced. Worse, his family can’t seem to accept that his career is over. So he joins his friend Rome to coach at his soccer clinic. A joke blind date puts ...more
K.R. Phoenix
5 stars
Heat Level: 4

Oh, my heart. So many emotions. I loved it!!!

I laughed, I cried, I raged and I broke but the journey was all worth it! I loved this story and would have to say it’s one of my top five reads for 2019 so far!!

I loved Reyes and Jake so much. Such a wonderfully eloquent and passionate story. Kim has created such wonderful characters you can’t help but fall in love with. This is a journey about opening hearts and creating healing where the characters didn’t even know it was
Mari  Cardenas
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!
And Then You is book 2 in the Against All Odds series and technically, it can be read as a standalone. I suggest reading both books in order, though.

I liked Jake and Rey, they had a lot of chemistry and even if things went a bit fast at first, they slowed down after their first encounter and their relationship moved at a more organic pace, at least until Harrison came into the picture.

Harrison was adorable and I just loved his interactions first with Rey and then with Jake and how well
Shannon Tolen
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And Then You is the second book in the Against All Odds Series. This one focuses on Jake, Beckett's bachelor friend that helps out in book 1, who has moved to Reedsport and and joined the Police Force there, and Reyes (Rey), a man who was cut from the Mexico Professional Soccer team due to injuries. When Rey's family doesn't accept his career is over, he decides to join his friend coaching at a soccer clinic in Reedsport. Jake and Rey get put on a blind date together and while they enjoyed each ...more
Xanthe
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful follow up to Back To You. A really good story line with two strong and well built up characters. We have a lot of interaction with people from the first book and everything flowed together really well, between the MC's as well as the timeline of the story.
Jake and Reyes have a spark that you can feel right from their first meeting and Kim does an amazing job at letting things unfold in what feels a natural way for both of them. Whilst both are hurting in their own way they each
Jennifer Reilley
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one day. Jake and Reyes sucked me right in. I kept messaging Kim while reading it how much I loved the book, this whole series, and can’t wait for the rest of the books. I need them NOW

We met Jake in book 1 and I couldn’t wait for his story and this did not disappoint me. Jake recently moved to town and is a lonely police officer that holds back from relationships due to his job. Reyes is a professional soccer player in town to coach at his friends sports complex. One bet has
Sarita Chapdelaine
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is another fantastic story in the Against All Odds series and I loved it just as much as I did the first one. It is beautifully written, sweet, emotional, sexy, funny, has a cute kid, a great storyline, there are a few surprising twists and the characters are amazing. I was so intrigued by Jake in the previous book and I am glad that he gets his HEA. He and Reyes are perfect for each other as they have an amazing connection and smoking hot chemistry. They are both dealing with issues from ...more
Rachwithheadinabook
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Jake the lifelong bachelor from the first book. He’s followed his best mate Beckett to Reedsport and joined the police department there. Reyes is also new in town, after being cut from the Mexican football team, which seemed to be the only team he played for! He is now helping with his friends football clinic and both of them are looking for where they belong.

There are lots of emotions expressed in this book which is so very well written but as with the first, I was still left with
jennrubenstein
Shelves: other-sports
This book had a completely different feel compared to book 1 of the series, but I loved it just as much. After reading Back to You, I wanted badly to learn more about Beckett's friend Jake, and And Then You delivered. I loved Harrison, only wish Beckett and Preston could have been in town when his foster dad was first having some health issues so they could share some of their experiences having been in foster homes themselves, either with Reyes and Jake, or with Harris himself. This book was ...more
Nessa
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is completely different from the first book in the series, but still just as good. Flowing along in Jake's journey of love and family made my heart swell in joy. Granted, there were times when I was cringing with the way Jake was thinking, but it all worked out in the end. I cried during the last few chapters of the book and the Epilogue, but it was a good emotional cleansing kind of being that I enjoy.

Please note that I did receive an ARC of this book, and the opinions expressed in
T
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And Then You was a great second book in the Against All Odds series! Jake and Reyes were very likable characters with backstories that kept me intrigued. The new to town police officer and the soccer player were oddly perfect for each other. The storyline was well written and had all the emotions including some great chemistry!
I received an Advanced Reader Copy and am happy to voluntarily leave my review
Cassandra
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book! Jane was so much fun in book 1 that I couldn’t wait for his story.

Jake and Rey were both so fun from the start and you could feel the sparks between them. I loved the slow but steamy progression of their relationship and how even in the darkest moments they were able to find a way to laugh with each other.

There were some surprising turns in the book that just added to it so much and the ending was super swoony!! I can’t wait for more stories from this universe!
Lindsay Hardin
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a perfect story of two men that weren't looking for love and found it in one another. I love that this book is so similar to that of real life. I truly believe love finds each of us when we aren't looking for it. This was a fun read with low angst and a well developed plot with an excellent supporting cast. I look forward to reading the next book in the series. If contemporary romance is your thing you will love this book and its predecessors.
namericanwordcat
So, I like Reyes. He is member of the Mexican soccer team that has recently been let go. However, I am confused...Olympic team? Pro team? Confused.

Jake. I have no idea why Reyes would into him. He is isn't very anything and not in an endearing way. He is emotionally limited and arrogant. Not my favorite.

The pacing of the plot is wonky. They get together fast but its really hooking up which is okay but I never get the emotionial connection by the HEA.
kathleen
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a good follow-up to Beckett's and Riley's story. Jake and Rey had chemistry right off the bat. I really enjoyed seeing their relationship unfold.

I found this story to be sweet, fun with some hot romance. There are some issues that each MC has to work through but they get their HEA! I'm really enjoying this series.
Pat
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was beautifully written with a plot that flowed smoothly from page to page and characters that were written with such great detail and depth that as I turned each and every page I felt like Jake and Reyes jumped from the pages and pulled me right into their story as it effortlessly unfolded!
ML
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when two commitment phobes meet? As it turns out many many sparks!

This is book 2 in the series. I loved the first book and this one was just as good.

Jake and Reyes are an unlikely pair but they really worked together. I really enjoyed learning more about Beckett’s ( book 1 MC)best friend!
The HEA was pretty unexpected too.

Now I want book 3!
Rhonda Newton
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was so much deeper and richer a story than I expected. Both Jake and Reyes were at transitional points in their lives, which added layers as they each found themselves in a romance they hadn’t been expecting or thought they had room for. Then there was a happy complication that put this into catnip territory for me, but I won’t spoil it since it’s not mentioned in the description.
Fi Brit
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet

This is a charming story with very loveable characters. I’s a pleasant way to waste sometime.
My only complaint is that the author includes a lot of detail that is extraneous to the plot. This is obviously an attempt to add living colour to the story but generally it only serves to slow things down.
Celine
Wonderfully sweet book

This second book in the series was amazing. So different from the first one.
It was great if not better.
I loved both Reyes and Jake. They both have their hang ups, but they are there for each other and it was very to read.
It made me cry, and smile and sight with joy.
A lovely book that i will happily reread
Pat
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful

I enjoyed this just as much as the first book, Back to You. The developing feelings and Jake's struggle and fear of accepting them was hard for Reyes . Watching the walls Jake had built crumble was beautiful. Looking forward to next book.
Kitt
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story has plenty of emotion, insecurities and baggage, family trouble, and great character chemistry. I enjoyed the immediate attraction between the MCs that was then given time to season and become more than just a hook-up.

I reviewed an ARC, and this is my honest, voluntary opinion.
Jaimed
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming

This is a sweet and lovely story. I love how quickly Rey and Jake mesh, even when they are fighting their attraction and connection. Throw a kid into the mix and things get messy.

I lived this guest book, but this one might be my new favorite.
Bee
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

A super sweet story full of charming characters! This series is quickly becoming one of my favorites! Now back to waiting for the next one!
Jamie
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This book was great. The characters really has depth and the story really flowed. It was nice to see each character grow and for them to give a child with who needed it a chance.
Mrs.V
May 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Last Text
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Melting for You (Neighborhood Shindig, #1)
  • Blank Canvas (Irons and Works, #2)
  • Safe Harbor (Pine Cove, #1)
  • When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1)
  • Stand In Place
  • Unexpected Mission: Sweet Surrender (Sub Mission, #3)
  • LOL: Laugh Out Loud (After Oscar, #2)
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Age Rules (Open Wounds #3.5; Breaking the Rules #5)
  • Ghost Town (Haunted Souls #3)
  • American Traditional (Irons and Works, #3)
I am an Idaho native who grew up dreaming about traveling the world and writing stories. As a child, I would often spend my spare time curled up with my favorite blanket and a notebook, writing another fairy tale. I never would have guessed those fairy tales would one day grow into gay romances, but that is where my heart led me and I am so glad it did. I write about love because I believe it can ...more

Against All Odds (2 books)
  • Back to You (Against All Odds #1)