Start by marking “Often & Suddenly (Angels and Sunshine #3)” as Want to Read:
Often & Suddenly (Angels and Sunshine #3)

Often & Suddenly

(Angels and Sunshine #3)

Dex Crawford is the fixer, the one his friends turn to when there is a problem, the one who always has a solution. But his friends are barely there for him, and when they forget his fortieth birthday, Dex decides to drink away his disappointment.
That’s how he ends up in bed with Luke, who hasn’t had a one-night stand in years but is ready to settle down for life.

Dex: Happi
Published August 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Often & Suddenly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Often & Suddenly

Nicole Rodrigues
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first m/m romance and I was unsure about it! I loved Dex and Luke in the other two books and Gabrielle has a way of sucking you in to her stories so I read this and I was sooo happy I did!!! This is romance, yes but it is about so much more!! Struggles people go through, how they over come them, with friendship and love and it gave me all the feels!! This was great and I really enjoyed reading it!!!
TheMommaBookClub
Often & Suddenly [Angels and Sunshine Series, Book Three] by Gabrielle G

𝙃𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄’𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩. 𝙄 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮, 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝, 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙢, 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨, 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙪𝙜𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙤. -Luke
*~*~*~*
𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕖: Dex can best be described as an uptight well-dressed asshole who considers himself more of a fixer than a high-powered celebrity lawyer. He spends most of his time worrying about his friends/family and finding ways to help them.

Where Dex is Armani suits and old money, L
Caroline
4 Stars

I love a good contemporary mm romance, and this one was so good.
You get a lot of amazing tropes in this book that I know a lot of you will love, and if it is your first time reading mm romance this is a soft book, so no hardcore "gayness" going on so this is a great book to start on.

There are some Friends to lovers going on in this book along with, Alpha man, One-night stand, opposite attracts and a lot of other things. The only thing I miss in this book is that the sexy time in this bo
CLEO
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Dex & Luke
I have to admit I was beginning to be in a runt after reading books with too many similar situations and to not hinder on my views I decided to skip some books and read Often & Suddenly I needed a cleanse, to read something different and once again Gabrielle did not disappoint me.

This story is so much more than romance!

Dex is the problem solver he has lived most of his life with guilt and has taken upon himself to be the fixer! He fixes everyone’s issues and his issues ar
Athena
Shelves: arc
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

“I like it deep, I like it rough, and I like it as a one-night stand.”

Gabrielle G. has written a fabulous M/M romance that is incredibly heartwarming with lovable characters. Often & Suddenly is Book 3 in the Angels and Sunshine Series, it can be read as a standalone.

We see Dex quite a bit in the first two books of the series and he is one of the lead male characters in this book. In the previous books, he has a no nonsense attitude that makes him appear rough and unfeeling.
Kate V
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author and I want to start by saying it was very well written. I didn't read the first two in this series because (based on reviews) the heroine in the first one would probably have drove me crazy and the second book...well I don't like reading books that involve addiction. That's not to say stories involving that I completely write off. I just have to be in the mood to read heavy material and most of the time I don't want to feel anxious and sad while reading. I pi ...more
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
4.5 Stars

YESSSSS!!!! Luke and Dex! I love this story so much. First, we all know how much I LOVE M/M romances so this was definitely at the top of my list to read. Reading this book you would not know that this is actually the first MM romance written by this author. It is written well and has everything we love in a romance novel. And that angst.. oh damn.. It was heavy but it was enough! It was great!

Dex is so uptight, and if you have read the other books in this series you will understand wha
Lozzie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ah, Dextyn and Luke, how you have completely taken over my heart. Often and Suddenly is an incredible read. It was a steamy read that was also very poignant.

The book deals with themes such as addiction, mental health, homophobia and grief, and it was done sensitively.

I loved Dex and Luke together. They were a huge cluster-mess, but I loved their chemistry. There was always something in their path, but it made them grow into stronger people, and I adored that. And my heart broke for poor Dex. S
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now I see where the saying opposites attract come from! Gabrielle sure knows how to delivery an angtsy yet very steamy romance between two guys who couldn’t be anymore different. Dex was controling, uptight and yet it worked with Luke. Luke was the day to Dex’s night, he was relax and very heartwarming. I enjoyed reading about their story, them being such opposites made this story all worth reading. It become such a pageturner more and more into the book. Their attraction was off the charts and ...more
it.sgottabethebooks
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Often & Suddenly

This m/m book by Gabrielle G was so sweet and heartfelt. Dex and Luke are polar opposites but fit together like a puzzle piece. Their characters had undeniable chemistry and just fit so well together despite their noticeable differences. This is my first m/m book and I enjoyed every minute of it. I have followed this series from book 1 so I was always curious about Dex’s character. This book can be read as a standalone and the first 2 books don’t need to be read to follow Dex
Romance With A Cause (formerly bookwithahook)
Often & Suddenly is my second read from Gabrielle G. and I think I loved this one more than the previous book in the series, Never & Forever, which I do suggest reading the entire series before this one just for more backstory and connection to this books couple, as well as the other characters.

This is also my first Male/Male romance, and I will be honest, I have always been wary of reading those because of the subject matter, not that I have anything against that. It is just something o
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Gabrielle G book so far (and they’re all good). If you’re a fan of Dex like I am, you will love this book!
Karen Sedgman
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Often & Suddenly was a great MM read, with so much emotion and some funny moments and you can't forget the heated scenes! The suited Lawyer, uptight and grumpy Dex and the alpha tattooed easy going Luke, their worlds are so far apart that they make this relationship work! I did love the extended scooby-doo gang family!
Ashley Estep
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Luke & Dex! Gabrielle hooks you from the very start. I could not stop reading. Yes, Often & Suddenly is a M/M romance but let me tell you, while I was reading I was so consumed by the story it was an afterthought that the story was M/M. Gabrielle did such a phenomenal job writing this book.

Luke, the bearded tattoo artist with a giant heart, who is hot AF! He's a relationship kind of guy and makes no apologies for it. Dex is the uptight lawyer, who's afraid of commitment
Jennifer Hewitson
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Not was I was expecting and I’m so happy I read it! The main characters are so different from each other but so obviously complement each other you can’t help but cheer when they are together. Love is love - so much heart in this book, so much depth - I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys a fantastic love story with some twists 👍👍👍👍👍
Kinkybookreader9
what can I say I loved this book so much. to be honest I didn't read so many mm romance but its a nice try.
now let's talk about the writing and the characters.
first, you meet Dex, the handsome man with business and straightforward attitude. he wears suits and he tries to save everyone he meets well not everyone but the people he cares about.
then you meet Luke and you know them both if you read the two first books in the series.
Luke is so opposite from Dex; he is not a suit man and he is all tatt
Shaun Walsh
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book left me speechless. I finished it over 7 hours ago and my emotions are all over the place! Trying to come up with words to describe this beautifully written book and doing it justice, well let's just say I can't, this book was perfection! Dex is everything I thought he would be but SO MUCH MORE! He is sexy, bullish, controlling and so broken. So, exquisitely broken. The love he has for his family and friends is so deep you will never reach the bottom. His emotions that he never shows a ...more
Summer Ford
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me from the first page. I literally read it in 24 hours! I loved so much about Luke and Dex. I loved their banter, their chemistry 🔥🔥 and finally the way they compliment each another. I’m almost sad that I’m finished the story, I think I need to go back and read book 1!
QueenOfBooks88
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story wasn't what i was expecting but I'm glad as it was so much more. I was secretly rooting for Dex and Luke in the previous books and i am so relived they found each other, this story touched on such real life emotions at points i was crying! They say opposites attract and in the case of Dex & Luke they were made for each other 💜 another fantastic story that I'm so glad to of been able to enjoy!
S.S. Richards
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First m/m romance and it didn't disappoint. I read the previous books in the series and always loved Dex. I couldnt wait to read his story. He is sexy but broken. This book is more than just romance. Luke and Dex's chemistry is out of this world. Great job Gab. This book is a must read!
Barbara
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect, opposites attract, angsty MM love story!

I loved this book!

There is a picture out there on the interweb of Jason Mamoa hugging James Cavill from behind on a red carpet. Jason is all long hair, beard and tattooed and James seems a bit uncomfortable with the PDA in a perfectly tailored suit with his clean shaven face. As soon as saw it I wondered what their story would be like if they were in love. I think I found it.

Luke, the tattoo artist and Dex, the lawyer. They were like night and
Brittany
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Most of you who have been following my blog know I have become a bit of an M/M fanatic. Most people have the misconception that if you read M/M, it's for the sex. Hell, most people think if you read romance, it's for the sex. Don't get me wrong; the sex scenes are hot, but that's not why I read romance or M/M. Down to my bones, I am hopelessly romantic. I yearn for the story between two people where you find out what brings them together, what pulls them apart and when a well-written scene gives ...more
Thuy Taylor
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I popped my M/M cherry! Luke and Dex's story was intense. This was my first Gab G. read and it won't be my last.

Dex is a workaholic, brooding, loves to be in control of his life, and the carer of his friends and family. He wants to make sure everyone is ok, and that his circle of friends is in the normal of sorts, but reading this, they are not the normal of sorts, and thats perfectly ok. So, he's not used to being taken care of. Enter Luke...Luke has been around Dex's orbit, but not close enoug
Geegina
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second MM book I ever read. Not that I don’t like them, I guess it just takes someone to make the story special, and Gabrielle G. did that for me.
Her writing is so easy flowing that I was surprised how fast I finished this book.
Drinking, one night stand between friends and two totally opposite Alpha males make for this one sexy, and full of love story.
Dex and Luke and uptight little prince and a tattoo rugged man, I mean what is not to like about this two.
Their journey is one that
Bozena
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm usually not a fan of M/M books, but I trusted Gabrielle and am more than happy I did.
This book is a beautiful story about Dex and Luke, that we've already met in the first two books.
Dex the three-piece-suit, uptight, grumpy and hilarious control freak and Luke the most laid-back alpha tattoo artist in the group of famous and rich Hollywood stars. Two personalities that can never be on the same level, or can't they?
Like in all Gabrielle's books, you're from the first page full in the story.
Jana
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have had high hopes for this book but it felt really flat and downright annoying sometimes. I only liked Luke because he was the only character in this book with some reality sense and I would not ignore the word some because he also had some childish tantrums, basically no one in this book behaved like adults and even though they were supposed to be in their late thirties and forties everyone behaved like they are 12 years old melodramatic teenagers. You can’t read this book as a stand-alone ...more
Pipilota
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This had great potential, but it was very superficial. What could be a great story - friends, angst, drama, sex... just didn't happen. Skimmed the surface. Also, it didn't work well as a stand- alone.
Britney Chavez
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally getting Dex and Luke’s story!

Obviously this isn’t my first read of Gabrielle’s as I have read the first two books in this series. BUT I will say this is my first MM read. I was going in with an open mind as I wasn’t sure what I was to expect from it.

I will say that I loved it, it was very tasteful and to get the storyline of these two totally different guys was amazing! I loved how different they were but how they just fit together like a puzzle piece.

Luke was the calm to Dex’s stressfu
Emlovesreading
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok so this book popped my cherry!
It’s the first M/M romance that I’ve read & oh boy (did you see what I did there?😘) did I love it!! I’ve always been bit a reluctant to venture into the M/M romance genre. I’m not sure why I think it’s because for me I like books with a strong female mc. So I went into this with completely fresh eyes & honestly I’m so, so glad that I did. I really, really loved this book. And I honestly felt that I was there on the journey with Dex & Luke. And what a
Pamela
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dex is a lawyer and takes care of his friends and family. He ends up in a bar drinking by himself when everyone forgets his birthday. Luke is a tattooed farm guy that ends up spending the night with Dex. The two have sizzling chemistry and the sex is HOT between them. Can Dex let his past go to have a relationship with Luke? A stunning read the I recommend.

I received a copy of this book and am leaving a review.
Gabrielle will do anything for a cup of tea, still celebrates her half-birthdays, and has a dry, sarcastic, dirty sense of humor.
Born in France, she lived in Switzerland before moving to Canada where she resides with her children, husband, and grumpy cat.
As she always wanted to write books and loved reading contemporary romance, she thought, why not me? And so she did.
You can find her on social me

Angels and Sunshine (3 books)
  • Always & Only (Angels and Sunshine # 1)
  • Never & Forever (Angels and Sunshine #2)
“Even if I can’t be the love of his life, I can’t bring myself to walk away from mine.” 0 likes