Start by marking “Hooked (7th and Main, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hooked (7th and Main, #2)

Hooked

(7th and Main #2)

She’s in high heels; he wears hiking boots.
Can these two opposites make romance in Metlin work?

Tayla McKinnon is not a small town girl. The fashion blogger moved to Metlin with two goals in mind: help her friend start a book store and have a little fun. A year later, Tayla has made new friends, successfully launched INK, and is ready for a new challenge. Too bad she can’t
Published June 18th 2019 by Recurve Press LLC (first published June 11th 2019)

Elizabeth Hunter
Apr 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now Live!

Can a plus-size fashion model and a geeky rock-climber make romance work in this sizzling opposites-attract romance?

★LINKS★
•Nook: http://bit.ly/2Vm9uer
•Kobo: http://bit.ly/2LtMB4i
This Literary Life
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so thankful to be able to get my hands on this book early, and after reading it I am happily leaving this review!
This is the second book in the 7th and Main series set in Metlin, and things just keep getting better! Last time we fell in love with Ox, Emmie, Metlin and the bookstore. This round it's time for sassy, shapely, sexy and confident Tayla to fall for Jeremy...friendly, smart and smoldering nerd extraordinaire. I am a sucker for stories that have women in the lead who are not the n
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
* * * 4.5 Stars * * *

I have been obsessed with Elizabeth Hunter's Love Stories on 7th and Main series since Ink and seriously squealed when I saw that Tayla was going to get her very own story. I absolutely loved her and Jeremy. Their chemistry was sweet and sassy and the attraction and heat between them was amazing!!

When Tayla McKinnon, the best friend of Emmie, from Hunter's first book in this series, feels like she may have outgrown the small town of Metlin, shock waves hit her circle of fr
Fiona Weaver
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read an early copy. I was already in love with Metlin, the town where these stories are based, before reading Hooked but now it is safe to say that I just want to go and be a part of life in Metlin and hang out with all these super cool, talented, beautiful, friendly characters that Elizabeth Hunter has created.

This is the story of Tayla, Instagram extraordinaire and book keeper to the wonderful shops of Metlin and the delicious Jeremy, the hot owner of Merlin’s co
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Elizabeth Hunter does an amazing job with defining her characters and the world.  The descriptions are so lush; I feel as though I am there.  Hooked is the second book set in the small town of Medlin in California, the 7th and Main .

Tayla and Jeremy are great characters with their own unique personalities and competencies.  Ta
Danielle
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to "hook" myself an advanced copy of Hooked and dang it if I am not Hooked on Metlin and it's residents! Ok enough cheesy jokes. Let's get to the review! Tayla, our main character, is refreshing and someone that I would love to follow on Insta - if she was real. She is real, she is dynamic and in true Elizabeth Hunter style - she is someone we all want in our circle. And Jeremy - oh you sinfully scrumptious man - yes - he makes bow ties SEXY, he makes comics and game night ...more
Nicole Rumeau
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How can I even begin to describe how adorable this story is? This story is a mood-lifting ray of sunshine. Tayla and Jeremy could not be any more different, but they somehow fit perfectly together. This story is as much about their romance as it was about Tayla's personal growth. I enjoyed reading her exploration of life's priorities. A definite "keeper" of a book by Elizabeth Hunter!
AJ
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it

This is the second book in Elizabeth Hunter’s 7th and Main series, taking us back to the town of Metlin, California, and its quirky, lovable inhabitants. This is the story of Tayla McKinnon, best friend of Emmie (heroine from book #1, INK), but this book can easily be read as a standalone, and I really enjoyed this sweet and sexy opposites-attract story.

Tayla is a city girl who lov
Monadh
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect summer read: sweet and satisfying small-town romance

Normally I am not one for the sweet small-town romance, but the fictional town of Metlin, California has something that is quite irresistible.

Tayla only moved to Metlin to help her friend Emmie set up her dream bookstore and get it running and then she sort of lingered there (Emmie and Ox’ story is told in INK, the first book in the 7th and Main series). Tayla thinks she is a big city girl at heart and she has been eyeing job opport
KelticKat
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review
I officially nominate Metlin for the Best, Quirkiest, Unique, Most Entertaining & Endearing small City/Town in the USA! I mean any town that has a Martian Taco Restaurant needs to be tops on that list!

This return to Metlin, CA featured Tayla - Emmie's Best Friend and Big City Girl & Jeremy - Boomerang Local who runs the Comic & Game Emporium & doubles as "HOT" mountain-man yummy-ness on the side!

Loved Them! Loved Their Banter, the Tension and all the flawed, hot-mess-ness that ma
Norma
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No one writes a romance like Elizabeth Hunter! She always makes me feel like I'm falling in love with her beautiful words and incredible heart. Hooked is set in the same world as Ink, but Tayla and Jeremy have a very different life story. Opposites definitely attract, but can they make it work when life gets in the way?

This story gave me anxiety in the best sense. The will they, won't they is surrounded by insane attraction and shifting priorities as Tayla tries and fails to fight true love.

Tay
Jessica Prow
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy for an honest review.

I LOVE TAYLA! I want to be her BFF for all the reasons!! She is the woman I think all women want to be... strong, funny, honest and great self-esteem. Add a fantastic wardrobe to all of that and she is perfect... except maybe some of her ideas about men.

Jeremy has become my ideal man. Sweet, geeky, athletic, honest and a "thing" for a healthy sized behind. He know what he wants, and Tayla is at the top of the list.

Metlin has be
Samantha Glass
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Packing a bag and moving to Metlin to become part pf this fantastic world Elizabeth Hunter has created. I adore these characters already, and we just met. Such joy, such acceptance, everyone finding their place. Great stuff!
Gigi
I absolutely loved it!
Elizabeth Hunter continues doing her thing, and bringing to life such amazing and complex characters. Tayla McKinnon, is just as fabulous, as we remember from the previous novel, “Ink!” And you just simply, cannot help but to fall in love 🥰 with Jeremy Allen. Theirs is a story you do not want to miss. It’s a true treasure!
G.M.
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elizabeth-hunter
Oh my! This was just a dandy little gem! I loved the premise of Ink. (the first book in this series) A bookstore and a tattoo shop all-in-one. I loved Emmie and Ox and I fell in love with Tayla and her sass. Hooked will not disappoint.
Tayla thinks she is a big city gal, but after moving to Metlin to help out her bestie Emmie and have some fun life throws her a curveball named Jeremy. Growing up as an only child in a very dysfunctional family she is certainly not a relationship kind of girl. She
Kimberly Cole
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The title says it all....I was Hooked from the minute I started reading this book. I won't post any spoilers here as I've been lucky enough to receive an ARC, but if you like well rounded, relatable, and just generally awesome characters and a "I'll just read one more chapter......" type plot, then you should definitely read Hooked.
Although this is the second A love story on 7th and Main book, you can totally read it without needing to read Ink first (though I highly recommend Ink because it's a
Angela Hillier
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hooked from the 7th main series was amazing. I love Jeremy and Tayla.
This pair were so much fun.
Tayla the girl who resisted commitment at every turn found herself falling for Jeremy the comic book shop owner.
Tayla came to realise that she had fallen hard and not just for Metlin when she started perusing her dream job that would take her back to San Francisco.
The genuine friendship was evident right from the start and then the slow buildup between these two was so hot!!
Jeremy is a totally sweet g
AlwaysV
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved revisiting one of my favorite fictional towns. Loved Jeremy's character. He was warm, loving, fun, and super gorgeous. But I couldn't warm up to Tayla. She somehow felt like an artificial, flashy, and expensive flower. I was unable to connect with her. My favorite scene? Hands down the picnic by the Lower Lake arranged by Jeremy to woo Tayla.
Jasmine
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to know these people, to hang out with them, shop in their shops, and not in a creepy way, I swear lol
I loved the connection the characters had with one another, the depth and just how real it all seemed. It was an easy read that made me feel good. I can't wait to meet other people from Metlin!
Sarah Keffer
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, it's official, I'm moving to Metlin! I love this quirky, small town(hello, Martian Tacos!) and the people in it, especially Tayla and Jeremy. Tayla is confident, fun and sassy. Jeremy is so sweet, you can't help but love him (along with his Pop, who I want to adopt as my own). Together, they are funny and flirty with lots of innuendo and naughty texting. I loved Hooked as much as I loved Ink...you cannot go wrong with this book or series!
Sam Hamilton
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want to turn myself into a fictional character and live in Elizabeth Hunter's Metlin. This series has such a wonderful vibe and the location is like a character of it's own. I've always said that she writes such real characters. You feel like they are real people, that you want to be friends with in real life. But as I've now read Hooked, I definitely believe that her world building is just as magnificent.
Hooked places two very different characters together and I have to say that while Tayla
Shannon Reitema
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In love

Elizabeth's writing is addictive. I haven't read a story of hers I haven't loved. And this one is no different. Such fun to read, it gave me all the feels. I can't wait for the next!
Chantell Reid
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? This book, this series, will be a definite re-read. I’m swept away within the first few pages. How is that possible?

Big city girl, living in a small town. From a big city, he found his place, his home, in a small town. What do you do when opposite attracts? What do you do when that attraction threatens the life you planned for?

Get swept away, and dream of visiting this small town as you get to know Tayla and Jeremy.
M.J. Faraldo
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of anything Elizabeth Hunter writes, Hooked was no exception. In this book we go back to Metlin, we follow Tayla and Jeremy and we get glimpses of the other amazing characters. I loved it, the characters are real and the hotness is sizzling, I can't wait for the next one so that we can check up on the amazing crew in 7th and Main.
Aaly
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!

Heartwarming, sexy, swoony and so adorable! I adored Elizabeth Hunter’s first Love Stories on 7th and Main Series with Emme and Ox, and this one with Tayla and Jeremy didn’t disappoint.
Next one, please!!!

Full review to come!

review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. ***

When the city woman meets the guy from this little town that you couldn’t help but fall in love with, you know that trouble is never far away.

Tayla was a city girl at heart, coming to help her best fri
Tricia Shearen
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read this book early, and wow! I just finished Hooked and sat up to look around; it is dark, but the sun was shining when I sat down to read. Some books grab you and pull you right into their world, making it so the inked words fade as the images, voices, and even the scents of your imagination carry the story for you. Hooked is one of those books!

I love Elizabeth Hunter's books but I have to admit I was nervous about this one! Rock climbing is my thing, and I was
Erin Fraser
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hooked is the perfect name for this book. It only took a few pages and some one-liners from Tayla to draw me in to the second book in Elizabeth Hunter's 7th and Main series.
Tayla is the fashionable, honest, hilarious girl that you want to be best friends with. Jeremy is the smoldering, sexy geek who's great with both kids and the elderly and stuck in the friend-zone. They know how wonderful the other is, but trying to connect the dots on a relationship seems like a hopeless cause...unless the v
Anne Chadwick
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this genre is an excellent one for Elizabeth Hunter and I sincerely hope she decides to write more in this world out with the next one that is planned.

Tayla and Jeremy are really awesome and I honestly wish I could be friends with both of them in real life. I enjoyed learning more about each of them and what makes them tick. Their story was so easy to read, you can't help but root for them but it doesn't feel guaranteed that they'll end up together which makes a nice change.

I thin
Bobbi
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started reading Hunter’s Elemental Mysteries and was “hooked” on her writing style. After exhausting all her paranormal adventures I read INKED, although not generally into tattoos or contemporary romance.
I found it a was a great example of the genre. It’s bumps in the road were understandable and realistic. The book also had great secondary characters and a wonderful town that seemed almost a character itself. That book lead me to HOOKED.
I began HOOKED the day it came out, finished the next
Dee Smith
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book and it was exactly what I have come to expect from an Elizabeth Hunter book. It transports you to this charming town full of wonderful fun people that you want to be a part of. We came to love Metlin and it's residents in Ink with Emmie and Ox but this time with Tayla and Jeremy we met even more. Especially Gus! He is so charming and such a character! He is someone you would love to spend time with, the stories he could tell..
As f
« previous 1 3 4 next »
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

7th and Main (3 books)
  • INK (7th and Main, #1)
  • Grit: A Love Story on 7th and Main
“I’m in love with Jeremy Allen, and I have no idea how to teach a baby how to use a toilet.” 2 likes
“How did you make a choice between the life you always wanted and the life you never imagined you’d want?” 1 likes