Start by marking “Make Your Move (Gamer Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
Make Your Move (Gamer Girls, #3)

Make Your Move

(Gamer Girls #3)

LOVE’S ALL ABOUT TIMING . . .

At twenty-eight, Shannon has yet to fall in love. Which is fine, since she’d rather spend her evenings creating games than swiping right or going on awkward blind dates. Right now though, she has two little problems. First, she’s stuck for a new game idea. Second, the only candidate in her roommate search is Tyler, the gaming buddy who’s long
ebook
Published December 17th 2019 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Make Your Move, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Your Move

Start your review of Make Your Move (Gamer Girls, #3)
Pooja (Penningtales)
4.5
After the last couple of romances I read were meh, I was almost dreading to pick this one up. But I’m so glad I did! This novel gave me all the feels!
Shannon is twenty-eight and single, which is fine by her, since dating isn’t really her thing. She’d rather spend her time playing and creating games. She dreams of manufacturing her own games one day, but she has bills to pay so she’s contents herself with designing game for others. She needs a roommate to help her save for her dreams and all
Estella Mirai
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Make Your Move is the third and final book in the Gamer Girls series, and as you might have guessed if you’ve read the previous two books, the story focuses on Shannon, who is not only a gamer but also a game designer! I was SO excited to read Shannon’s story for a couple of reasons. Her awesome job is definitely one of those reasons, but the most exciting thing for me was that Shannon is demisexual.

Laura Heffernan always does an amazing job with the diversity in her books, and let me just say
Vanessa
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Kensington Books for the ARC!

This is the third book of the Gamer Girls series. After meeting Gwen and Holly, now it's time to learn more about their friend, Shannon.

Unlike the other girls, Shannon's single. The fact that she doesn't have a boyfriend isn't a problem for her, but that doesn't stop people from making assumptions about her life. Her family members are always telling her to find someone and "be happy".

I thought it was interesting to read a book about a demisexual woman
Carly ❊ Reading Is My Kind of Thing
This was a pleasant enough read, and I finished this in roughly day. I do enjoy like stories have that readability. Buuut this was also a very placid and boring read. I just felt a total disconnect to the characters and wasn't invested. I thought the story, the problems and even the relationship was just very shallow. Maybe I'm not a fan of the forbiddeness aspect of their relationship as well. I felt that all the good stuff came too late. This felt more like a fluffy contemporary read, than a ...more
Cassandre
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I was drawn to Laura Heffernan’s Make Your Move mostly because of the cover (isn’t it gorgeous?), and because of the tag under it that says “A Gamer Girls Novel.” I didn’t really realize at the time that it was not the first one in the series (this is the third), but I loved the idea of the main character being a gamer. I love games, from video games to board games, escape rooms and everything in between, so I was excited to dive into this world.

I really enjoyed the world in which this novel
Sharon Tyler
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Make Your Move is the third book in the Gamer Girls series by Laura Heffernan. I have read the second book in the series, but not the first. All of the books seem to stand up well on their own. There is significant character overlap so returning readers will get some bonuses from that aspect, but new readers will still be able to fully enjoy the story. This book is currently scheduled for release on December 17 2019.

At twenty-eight, Shannon has yet to fall in love. Which is fine, since she’d
Julie
This is the third and final book in the Gamer Girls Series.
Shannon is a girl that loves to play and write games. In fact it’s safer for her that way, having never fallen in love, Shannon doesn’t really flirt or date, in fact Shannon finds it all so very frustrating. She can’t seem to connect, life in the virtual world seems so much easier.
Shannon needs to find a flat mate, that too is proving a difficult task, the only person that seems right on osier is her gaming Buddy Ryan, but Ryan has a
Jeff
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adequate Wrap Up To Otherwise Awesome Series. I *love* that Heffernan has been courageous enough in this series to give us several things we don't usually see in romance books, be it the gaming focus generally, girl gamers specifically, the various sexualities and atypical romances at play, etc etc etc. And this book continues that work of showing those various elements and giving several of them payoffs that at least work to close out a trilogy.

There are two primary issues with this book. The
Sue Galuska
This book is the 3rd and final book in this series and it is Shannon O'Rourke's story. Shannon has never been in love but would love to be. She just needs to feel a strong connection to someone before she can even begin to think about dating them. When Shannon's roommate moves out the only person interested in moving in who is normal is her friend Tyler, the same one who kissed her at Gwen's wedding when she felt nothing. Shannon lets Tyler move in even though he may still have feelings for her. ...more
LJT
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Make Your Move is an interesting novel by new to me author Laura Heffernan. Shannon, the main character, is a gamer. She creates games for a living and loves to play games. She is the ultimate gamer. Shannon has never been in love because it takes her a really long time to convert friendship or like into something more meaningful. Tyler is a friend that enjoys playing games. He has crushed on Shannon for some time, but she has never felt anything romantic toward him. So when Tyler needs a place ...more
Dísir
This was unfortunately, a total disconnect for me.

Not only was I plunged into a world with a bewildering array of characters at the very start which made it difficult to navigate the whole setup, there was also the certain issue I took with Shannon who kept insisting that she didn't want to encourage Tyler's crush on her. Only after they become roommates does she suddenly, with the speed of a lightning strike, discover that she actually is crushing on him.

The long explanations of her
Vikkie
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness, I’ve waited what feels like forever for this book. Thankfully I managed to not nag Laura too much. This certainly hasn’t disappointed.
It has taken me less than two hours to read this absolutely gorgeous book. I’ve giggled and I’ve cried all at once. Laura has a way of making you feel the emotions of the characters in her books.
The developing relationship between Shannon and Tyler has been magical. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love a good friends to lovers tale. This has the
Lee Ann
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been reading the Gamer Girl series since the first book, and they are really so enjoyable. Even though it is a series, each book is fully-contained stand-alone, so you can read them in any order, but you do get the most out of reading them in published order.

Make Your Move is a friends-to-lovers story that focuses on Shannon, a game designer, and her friend Tyler. When Shannon needs a roommate, she's reluctant to let Tyler move in because months ago, Tyler kissed her, and she has no
Annmarie Reddick
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC: Make Your Move is about ,Shannon,a girl who loves to make board games. She currently works for a company that makes children’s games but Shannon really wants to make games for adults. The book follows Shannon as she works at this company while working through troubles in her daily life, whether it be from family, co-workers, or friends.

Make Your Move was a great book! It is a very easy read and was captivating from page one. I really enjoyed reading this book, because it was light and at
Sharon Redfern
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was an interesting and unique look at the friends to lovers trope. Shannon is a game designer who lives in an apartment in her Nanas house. When she needs a roommate, she reluctantly agrees to have her friend, Tyler move in. Her reluctance stems from the fact that Tyler had kissed her months earlier and Shannon didn’t reciprocate the feelings. Shannon is demisexual and has never fallen in love.
Add to the plot that Tyler is dating Shannon’s nemesis at work and it gets pretty
Marti
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had a tough time with this book. While I enjoyed the gaming aspects, the romantic plot just didn't engage me because I didn't care about either of the main characters. Also, I felt each of the characters was there to "check off a box" -- black male, white bitchy female, trans male, demi female, etc. I don't think this diversity added to the story; it just bogged it down for me.

Thanks to Netgalley for providing an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my
Rady Reads
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit this book was my favourite of the whole series. I was laughing quite a lot. I was also sad for Shannon. I was cheering for her. While she was thinking about new games I wanted to get all our board games out of the chest and start to play.
And I also have to say the whole series couldn't get better ending than this one. It was just perfect.
Shannon deserved it and thankfully both characters could recognise their mistakes and right the wrongs. Anyway I loved this book and could only
Kathleen Gray
This is a friends to more novel that brings a wide range of diversity to the game table. Shannon has never been in love. She's really focused on her work as a game designer- and her workplace is not really all that pleasant. When she needs a room mate, she picks Tyler, also a gamer. Their friends know these two are meant for each other sooner than they do (especially since Tyler starts dating someone else). Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. It's a quick read that will appeal to those who like ...more
LianaReads blog
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Make your move is the third book in the series and I got to love these characters from the beginning.
This book is probably my favourite of all of them.
Make your move is actually a very interesting decision to take in accepting that she’s still to fall in love and when she gets to know the real Tyler, the man who had a crush on her but she denied, and now she has to watch how he’s falling for someone else.
Friendship, real life situations and love, that’s the perfect mix for a great read.
Holly Kerr
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The smart, fun and final book in the Gamer Girl series does not disappoint. In fact, I think it's my fav of the three. Shannon is a different type of heroine from your regular chick lit/rom-com books, in both her job and her sexuality. Kudos to Laura Heffernan for stepping out of the box. As with the other two books, I finished with new insight on a bunch of things, as well as a desire to play a board game. Catan, anyone?
Erin Haggerty
This was a cute read. Lots of personality and I enjoyed the uniqueness of all the characters as well. Overall it was a decent read with decent adult content. But what stood out the most to me was the characters. Their diversity was a huge plus for me and while I haven't read any of the other books in this series I truly loved the friend group that was featured in this story. Heffernen gives you a nicely written fiends to loves oh no did I miss him story that has little bit to give everyone.
Shana Lincoln
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of the three books and protagonists, this is the one I identified with the most. I'm not demisexual, but I am much more likely to be attracted to someone once I get to know them. It can be a real struggle at times! And I've made my share of mistakes, pushing people away and saying "never" then regretting it later. And Nana is a hoot!
Caitlin
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book complimentary from NetGalley but the opinions are my own.
Oh this was so sweet. I loved Tyler and I loved Shannon! Their romance was a really great buildup and I adored the lgbtq+ reference and explanation. I am so glad to see a sister finding love . This was a good book! I definitely like this series!!
Elaine
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun book!

This was a great book! I read it in one sitting. I enjoyed the gaming parts and the romance, the comedy and the friendships. This was another fun adventure for the characters I’ve enjoyed getting to know in the previous books in the trilogy.
Nicole Pinto
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute book. I did enjoy the gaming aspect. Shannon was an interesting character. I thought there could have been more emotion showed from the author, and TBH the secondary characters didn’t do anything for me. Thank you to netgalley for the arc.
Aditi
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay the 3rd star is really for being an inclusive book with a demi sexual lead with a POC love interest and trans bestie.
I didn't understand the conflict that happened, I didn't understand the drift and I definitely am not sure I would have accepted the apology so readily as she did.
Shyra
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shannon was hard for me to like I did like her nana a lot I also did like the video game aspect of a female and video games it’s not just a guy thing this was slow for me to read but the would recommend to anyone who loves video games and a funny nana
Barbara Tobey
This was my first experience with this series. It is definitely different from the typical romance story. It did keep me turning the pages. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Amanda in Ozerland
Jan 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
Quit about 20% in. Maybe I’m just not the right audience for the book but I was honestly just bored reading it. Just not willing to keep reading when I’m not enjoying it.
Amanda in Ozerland
Quit about 20% in. Was just boring and wasn’t going to force myself to keep going

• My Best Friend’s Royal Wedding
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Christmas Shopaholic
  • Love Lettering
  • The Dating Charade
  • Firecracker: A contemporary romance
  • My Billionaire Fake Fiance: An Enemies to Lovers Stand Alone Holiday Romance
  • Joy to the Duke (Love is All Around #3)
  • One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)
  • Caterina (Bonaveras)
  • Something Wicked (Something Wicked, #1)
Laura Heffernan once broke up with her now-husband during a board game after realizing that he was ahead 96-3. She hasn't played that particular game since. Her best friend still talks about the Great Uno Card Throwing Incident of 2003. Yet, somehow, Laura insists that she is incredibly gracious whether winning or losing. She lives in the northeast with her husband, new baby, and two furry little ...more

Gamer Girls (3 books)
  • She's Got Game (Gamer Girls, #1)
  • Against the Rules (Gamer Girls, #2)