Start by marking “Crownchasers (Crownchasers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crownchasers (Crownchasers, #1)

Crownchasers

(Crownchasers #1)

A deadly competition for the throne will determine more than just the fate of the empire in this riveting duology opener, perfect for fans of The Hunger Games, Aurora Rising, and Three Dark Crowns.

Alyssa Farshot has spent her whole life trying to outrun her family legacy. Her mother sacrificed everything to bring peace to the quadrant, and her uncle has successfully ruled
Advance Reader's Copy
Expected publication: September 29th 2020 by HarperTeen

Win a Copy of This Book

• Crownchasers by Rebecca Coffindaffer
    Crownchasers (Crownchasers, #1)

Release date: Sep 29, 2020
    This explosive first book in a duology jam-packed with tension and thrills is perfect for fans of The Hunger Games, Aurora Rising, and Three Dark Crow ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 2150 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jul 29 - Aug 26, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Crownchasers, please sign up.
    Evie
    This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Crownchasers (Crownchasers, #1)
    Rebecca Coffindaffer
    Apr 30, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
    Early reader copies are officially going out into the world, so I wanted to drop an author's note here for those interested!

First things first, content warnings (edited 6/14/20): alcohol use, blood/gore, death/loss of a loved one, emotional withholding from a parental figure, murder, guilt and trauma, science fiction-related violence (i.e., blasters, spaceship battles, etc.)

This is a planet-hopping space opera, starring Alyssa Farshot, who's basically:

mixed with

And her loyal engineer, who's e
    charlotte, (½ of readsrainbow)
    IM VIBRATING

Rep: pan mc, lesbian, gay and nonbinary side characters
    Jules ✨
    perfect for fans of The Hunger Games, Aurora Rising, and Three Dark Crowns. say-no-more, added.
    Sarah Henning
    Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I was lucky enough to read a *very* advanced reader copy and devoured it! With a voice that punches you straight between the eyes, CROWNCHASERS is a rip-roaring good time. Fun, fast, witty, and deep, this space opera takes classic tropes and puts them through an intergalactic spin cycle. A fresh take on the final frontier.
    michelle (magical reads)

rep: pansexual protagonist, gay side characters

broooooooooo that ending 😔 but this was so fun tho!!

rtc
    Tabi  (ᕗツ)ᕗ
    Jun 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: edelweiss
    I think I'm wired to instantly love wisecrackers in space

hang on Lara Croft & Star Wars as the inspirations for this??

I NEED IT NOW
    Christina
    Jun 28, 2020 rated it liked it
    3.5 stars! A little bit of Firefly, a touch of Three Dark Crowns (although crownchasers are not allowed to kill each other or they lose their entire family line's chance at the crown), a taste of The Honors Trilogy, a hint of Indiana Jones, echoes of Star Trek TNG, and a page-turning galaxy-spanning scavenger hunt uniquely its own.

For the first fifty pages or so I was unsure how I felt about the book, worrying over plot holes and questions, but the author resolved much of this with the use of fl
    Celia McMahon
    Jul 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    HOLY BALLS, YOU GUYS. This book was FIRE. I mean, I knew going in that I was in for a treat, but who knew that treat has rainbow jimmies and not one but TWO cherries. Gosh, now I'm hungry and excited and I cannot wait to hold this book in my grubby book hoarder hands that have now grown twice their size since finishing this here book. This masterpiece of YA sci-fi. This diamond in the rough.

Ok, review time.

I'll delve first into the voice of the novel, Alyssa Farshot. I love me some sassy protags
    Chloe
    Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    *Spoiler free*

A sci-fi book with a race that spans across its galaxy. Once again, I was drawn to a book simply by a few key things. But seriously, this book is about a reluctant girl competing in a race through the cosmos to find a seal on one planet out of 1,001. And the winner is crowned Emperor. Oh, the race also turns deadly. My sci-fi loving heart was ready for this book. Trigger warnings: alcohol use, blood/gore, death/loss of a loved one, emotional withholding from a parental figure, murd
    Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

I greatly enjoyed Corwnchasers. It is an adrenaline ride of a sci fi with a lot of adventure and even a bit of romance thrown in. The characters are very relatable and the lead character is strong and has a nice character growth arc. The side characters are equally interesting and the plot, though not exactly original, moves briskly and in a fun fashion.

Story: Alyssa's uncle rules the empire with his husband consort w
    London Shah
    Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    ⁣𝐂𝐑𝐎𝗪𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐒 is the most thrilling ride from start to finish—I loved every second of it. I think it’s the first book I’ve ever read that’s set in space...It isn’t a setting that’s previously ever appealed to me in books, so I’m stunned by just how much I enjoyed it. It’s pacy and cool, and written so skilfully and considerately. I love the MC, Alyssa Farshot, SO much💙, loveeee Hell Monkey😍, and was absolutely fascinated by the rest of the characters. (Omg Edgar Voles😮🧐)⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣⁣
    The world-building j
    Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
    I got the chance to read it before the release date and I am very grateful about that.

When it comes to my thoughts about the book... I didn't exactly have many. :( I thought I would love it more but it sadly didn't evoke any feelings from me. Things were happening and I kept waiting for that at the edge of my seat moment.

I do plan to read the sequel cause I find it hard to drop a series, plus I'm hoping I'll be more into it than I was in Crownchasers.
    Laura Rueckert
    Jul 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: favorites
    I was lucky to get an advanced copy of this and really loved it! The VOICE omg! The fast pace, the amazing characters, so many sci-fi easter eggs! This was just a really fun read, with a lot of heart too. If you like sci-fi and usually read adult, this book would work for you too - I’d categorize it as upper YA.
    Katie
    Jul 19, 2020 rated it liked it
    2.5 stars for enjoyment Level but an extra .5 for my fav YA subgenre and the breakneck pacing. Lots to love here, but while I love a good plot-driven story, I sadly didn’t connect with the characters. But I’ve gotta say that the narrator is hilarious, and I’d definitely check out something else from the author.
    Evie
    5/5 stars!!! - To Be Released in September 2020.
    Thank you NetGalley and HarperTeen for the opportunity to read and review this ARC.

Crownchasers is an absolute blast from start to finish. I literally could not put it down. Loved the characters (well, maybe not Edgar), loved the flashbacks, and loved the action of the chase. This is easily one of my favorites that I have read this year.

I can't wait to read the next book!
    Celia McMahon
    Dec 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
    We have a pub date!!! I can't wait for this book!
    Melissa
    Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2020-reads, ya
    Holy hell, that was fun.
    Lizzy.Writes
    Royalty? In space?? YES.
    Amanda (MetalPhantasmReads)
    Jun 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: finish-later
    This book is available to request on Edelweiss! I need ALL the YA sci-fi in my life, especially books that are compared to "Aurora Rising" :)
    Rocky
    Aug 09, 2020
    Gary
    Aug 10, 2020
    Aurora
    rated it did not like it
    Jun 28, 2020
    Kalie
    Jul 10, 2020
    Eunice
    Jun 18, 2020
    Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover Change 5 17 May 01, 2020 07:40PM

• The Lucky Ones
    • Written in the Stars
    • Legendborn (Legendborn, #1)
    • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
    • The Gravity of Us
    • Jade Fire Gold
    • Elysium Girls
    • Queen of Coin and Whispers
    • Love, Creekwood (Simonverse, #3.5)
    • Mexican Gothic
    • The Other Side of the Sky (The Other Side of the Sky, #1)
    • You Should See Me in a Crown
    • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
    • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
    • Rent a Boyfriend
    • Loathe at First Sight
    • Goddess in the Machine (Goddess in the Machine, #1)
    • Shine
    Rebecca Coffindaffer grew up on Star Wars, Star Trek, fantastical movies and even more fantastical books. She waited a long time for her secret elemental powers to develop, and in the interim, she started writing stories about girls and magic and spaceships. These days she lives in Kansas with her family, surrounded by a lot of books and a lot of tabletop games and one big fuzzy dog.

Crownchasers (2 books)
    • Untitled (Crownchasers, #2)