Start by marking “TORCH (Underground Encounters, #9)” as Want to Read:
TORCH (Underground Encounters, #9)

TORCH

(Underground Encounters #9)

A gargoyle in need of a mission...

The curse is finally broken,

Yet, freedom never felt so empty.

No longer confined to his stone form, gargoyle shifter Mattias yearns for a purpose. Feeling increasingly lost, he plans to search for his destiny elsewhere. But, a chance encounter with a wary woman roots him to the spot--for now.

A werewolf in search of a cure.

Rachel heads into
Published April 15th 2019 by Lisa Carlisle

To ask other readers questions about TORCH, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TORCH

Start your review of TORCH (Underground Encounters, #9)
Ana
Fly Away.....

Vamps is an Underground Club that caters to all kinds of supernaturals and those that just want to throw caution to the wind for a night.....But Vamps has it's own history and the most recent is the end of the curse that was put on the 3 gargoyle brothers that stood guard in Vamps for many years. Dante and Lucan have found their mates, but Mattias feels like the 3rd wheel so to speak, he doesn't have his ever after, but then he doesn't want one either....He wants to experience what
Charlotte
Gargoyles! YUM!!

*WARNING* contains explicit adult sexual situations
This is book 9 in this series. I haven't read any of the others and I don't feel as I've missed any vital information.
Mattias is finally free of the witches curse, but he feels like his life has no purpose. Mattias is happy is brothers have found their mates and are happy, but he is struggling to find his place. Mattias is still harboring anger for his lost years, his beast is unsettled, it's time to leave Vamps.
Rachel is a self
Cheri
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mattias is free. The curse that kept his brothers in stone most of the time along with him has been broken. Yet he doesn't feel the freedom he thought he would. His brothers have found mates and are happy. It isn't that he isn't happy for them but why does he feel so lost. Until...

He sees a woman at Torch. She's not all tricked out like the other women but she draws him. He watches an exchange between a regular who is all tricked out. What is going on? She looks desperate.
Following her, he knows
Sheila
Torch
Vamps - come for the music, stay to find trouble. Let’s go back to Vamps to find out what Mattias is going to do with his freedom. For over ten years Mattis and his gargoyle brothers have been cursed to remain in stone. They only can break free if someone is in danger. Their lives and freedoms were taken away. After all this time Mattias feels restless and life is without a purpose. His two brothers have found their mates and have settled into a happy productive life. Mattias is not sure wh
Sandra Hould
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. I have read several of Lisa Carlisle's books and I must say that this one was one of my favorites. It was a real page-turner for me. It took me mere moments before I could just identify with Mattias and Rachel's story. I don't know why they just touched me at the very deep of my soul.
The action in the book was constant and the intimate scenes were out of this world. I had a lot of fun seeing how they would live their lives and become an item because books like these always h
Debbie Caswell
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again we return to Vamps the night club where the supernatural hang out and we finally get Mattias story

Mattias is a gargoyle who only had his freedom from stone when someone needed saving now he has a chance to live his life after his brothers found their mates he has decided that he wants to travel He does odd jobs around Vamps and it gives him a chance to see all the pretty woman that hang out there He is intrigued when he sees Rachel and thinks maybe he will postpone his trip, Rachel i
Gladys
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this heart aching romance. I liked Mattias and Rachel as individual characters and as a couple. The story is very engaging and it quickly had all my attention as my heart became invested in this couple. There is lots of drama, danger and an over all feeling of suspense to the book but what really connected with me was the emotions. Poignant, powerful and beautiful, I found it impossible not to feel sympathy for, connect with and wish for these two to get the HEA they so rich ...more
Tricia
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mattias helps out around Vamps, filling in when needed. He is drifting without a real purpose since being freed from the curse. But he finds the crowd interesting, and the women are plentiful. He's just about to leave when a woman catches his eye.

Rachel is at Vamps to meet with a witch, because a few months ago, Rachel was bitten by a werewolf and turned. Her sister locks her in the basement after she takes the medication she gets from the witch here in an attempt to control her situation.

Mattia
Barbara
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book nine in the Underground Encounters series a well written story that kept me turning pages. The story runs smoothly from page to page it has a very good story-line. I do hope this is not the last book in this series as I have enjoyed reading everyone of them and if it is, I will be rereading them all. This is gargoyle shifter Mattias and werewolf Rachel's story. Two people with curses but will they realize they have found their other half? I recommend this book. I received a copy of this boo ...more
Sher
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you cross a Gargoyle finally released from a curse...and a woman who was recently bitten and turned into a werewolf?
A great new read from Lisa Carlisle..
As she continues her Vamp series, Mattias is searching for something to do with his life..Rachel is looking for a cure. They meet at Vamps the night before Mattias plans on leaving to see the world.
But he is drawn to Rachel.
She is not looking for a relationship..Just a fling..But the fates have other plans.
Love this seri
Trixie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I felt their despair and the feeling of loss. Rachel trying to deal with her curse, Mattias trying to find his place in the world. Both holding their secrets close to their heart, not trusting the other person with it which drove them apart. But fate and love cannot be denied, their love for each other pushed them to reached out their hand. At the super moon, secrets were revealed followed by acceptance and then loved was allowed to blossomed.

I loved the ending. Made me wistful.

I received a fre
Sherry Westendorf
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting read. He has just come out of stone and is looking for some purpose for his life. She has been bitten by a werewolf and wants a cure for it. They meet in a club. They don't want anything serious but things don't always go as planned. It is exciting, emotional, surprising and so much more. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Scarolet Ellis
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torch (a gargoyle shifter / werewolf romance) (Underground Encoutners Book 9) by Lisa Carlisle is an amazing story that I have read. This is book number nine in this amazing series that I have fallen in love with and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about gargole shifter and a werewolf romance
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this story, I could not put it down. I read the book in one day. This author is an awesome writer. I can not wait to read more of their books. Keep up the great work. You should definitely read this book.

Cheryl Drake johnson
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mattias is brother to Danton and Lucan who happens to meet a beautiful woman at the club one night and he is very attracted to her and her to him but they both have issues one more than the other that kills the relationship fast. Great characters. Love the story line. Paranormal romance. Adult content. I was give an Advance Reader Copy by the author without obligation. I am providing an honest review.
Emily Dickson
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fast and fun story with Vamps. Mattias who is a gargoyle is a fantastic character that meets Rachel who was also a fantastic character and had a secret of her own. Lots of chemistry and plenty of steam with a great storyline. Great secondary characters and an HEA. Loved it!!
Katie Blythe
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Rachel is a young woman with a dark secret. She was walking home one night when a werewolf attacked her, (something she didn’t even know existed in the real world) and every month when the moon is full, she turns into a werewolf herself. She has a friend who is a witch who brews special concoctions to try to turn her back to normal. Unfortunately, she still transforms, but it’s not as painful as it usually is.
Mattias and
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

I first visited Vamps with INFLAME in the BAD line and fell in love with this series with only one story read. I had such a delightful time returning to the Vamps night club world once again. I had hoped to be caught up with the earlier stories by now, but it’s been — a turbulent year is the kindest thing I can say about it and I’m so far behind in simple pleasure reading. Time to get back on track with TORCH.

Finally free from the curse that kept him and his brothers imp
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Search of My Piece of the World

Mattias story was not as expected and this was a good thing. The author took time to give him a different path to his future from his brothers.

After having the curse broken each brother needed to find a way to exist in the new reality. Mattias has no idea what he is seeking but is willing to leave his family to find it.

Rachel's world was change a year ago and she is trying to make the best of it. She does what she thinks is necessary to protect her sister and ot
C.B.
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this because I liked the characters. Rachel dealing with a life changing condition with only her sister and the witch for help. Mattias coming out of a 12 year curse trying to make sense of his life and find a way to be productive for the world. They meet and start what they call a temporary relationship that helps them feel grounded and at peace. The journey to finding solutions challenges who they are and who they think they are. The familial support for these two is amazing and just ...more
Deb
Recommends it for: Adults 18+ Fans of Fiction
Get ready for another Smokin’ hot, PNR fan-freaking-tastic story from the amazing world of ‘Underground Encounters’ by Ms. Carlisle’s magic pen :D ... "TORCH" is Mattias’ unique story & has both new & awesome recurring characters and witty dialogue. With Romance, Suspense, Rockers and magic, not to mention the lovable gargoyles, shifters & vamps, this grabbed me from the start & held on tight! ... Add in the amazing descriptions and surprises & readers will be hooked and turning pages like crazy ...more
Frances Law
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Protective love

Gargoyles were put on earth to protect those in need. Matthias is a gargoyle who lived under a witch’s curse for twelve years and has only recently gained his freedom. He is restless and can’t decide what to do with his life. Then he meets Rachel! He doesn’t want to care for her because he has plans but fate has her own plans. This story looks at two completely different characters who have problems. Rachel’s curse was inflicted on her and she is trying desperately to find a cure.
Philleys Peters
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The newest book in this ongoing series belongs to gargoyle shifter Mathias, brother of Lucan and Danton. Mathias is restless and plagued over what to do with his life now that he and his brothers are no longer standing as sentinels over the paranormal nightclub Vamps. His brothers are both happily mated and still employed at Vamps. Then Mathias meets Rachel, a woman with secrets and in need of his protection. A very good story that fits perfectly into this fascinating world.

I received a free co
Raina Collins
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love seeing the third and final brother find what he needs and deserves. I’ve loved the whole story behind the brothers that were cursed. And now we have a new woman in the mix. She is beyond smart but can she stop this attraction to this gorgeous man? There is plenty of romance and with gargoyles there is always the need to protect. I just hope this isn’t the end of the stories for the nightclub Vamps.
Ashleigh
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to the Paranormal Romance genre!

The writing draws you in and keeps you involved throughout the whole story, I found myself in love with not only the characters but also the world that was created.

The descriptions of the characters and their feelings are so involved, you can truly picture it in your mind. Their attitudes toward the events that are happening makes the story even richer.

I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Carmen
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

Really enjoy the gargoyle romances and think they may be my next favorite behind dragons. Fascinating take on werewolf bites and gargoyle love. And I was very happy to read about the final gargoyle brother finally meeting his mate. Didn’t like her martyr type attitude too much though,
Michelle
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torch is a romance between a gargoyle and a werewolf and book nine of the Underground Encounters series. Mattias and Rachel's story is an interesting read full of drama, mystery, suspense, twists and a love story that pulled me in. I recommend it to everyone who loves shifter romances. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Rosa Maria Garcia
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marvelous Read

The story was just as great as all the previous ones and keeps you at the edge of your seat from start to finish. It's packed with adventure, action, drama, love, surprises, and steamy hot romance with awesome characters? A must buy and keep them coming they are awesome.
Liz
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Paranormal romance adventure. Mattias and Rachel. Mattias is free from his stone prison but can he accept possibilities of love

Lori
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Torch is an awesome story with lots of *HEAT*. I liked the characters and found their story quite fascinating. I liked the drama of the story. Got to love those hot Gargoyles.

• Alien Charmer (Zerconian Warriors, #12)
  • So You Think You Can Marry an Alien (Stargazer Alien Reality Show Brides #1)
  • The Alpha Takes a Bride (Shifter Enforcers #4)
  • Westmore Wolves Series Books 1-5: A Shapeshifter Paranormal Romance Collection
  • Lord of Winter (Fae of Darkness, #1)
  • Nathanial (Dragon Elements #2)
  • Belonging to the Dragon (Lick of Fire: Dragon Lovers, #2)
  • King of Frost (Fae of Darkness, #2)
  • The Ice King's Secret (Fae of Darkness, #3)
  • Bennet (Dragon Elements #3)
  • Ricktor (Dragon Elements #4)
  • In Her Mate's Arms (Shifters United Book 2)
  • Tormenting Her Mate (My Wicked Mates, #3)
  • Doctor Enchanted (Revenge of the Bears, #3)
  • Protected by a Dragon
  • Bear's Fake Bride (Bears of the Wild, #3)
  • Confusion: Shifters Forever Worlds (Shifters Forever More Book 1)
  • Lion on the Job (Paranormal Dating Agency, #21)
USA Today bestselling author Lisa Carlisle loves stories with dark, brooding heroes and independent heroines. She’s honored to be a multi-published author writing in different genres since she’s wanted to be a writer since the sixth grade. For much of her professional career, she’s written non-fiction — but she’s discovered writing romance is the most fun. Her romances have been named Top Picks at ...more

Underground Encounters (10 books)
  • Cursed
  • Smolder (Underground Encounters, #1)
  • Fire (Underground Encounters Book 2)
  • Ignite (Underground Encounters, #3)
  • Burn (Underground Encounters, #4)
  • HEAT (Underground Encounters, #5)
  • Blaze (Underground Encounters Book 6)
  • Combust (Underground Encounters, #7)
  • Inflame (Bad Alpha Dads; Underground Encounters #8)