Start by marking “TORCH (a gargoyle shifter / werewolf romance)” as Want to Read:
TORCH (a gargoyle shifter / werewolf romance)

TORCH (a gargoyle shifter / werewolf romance)

A gargoyle in need of a mission...

The curse is finally broken,

Yet, freedom never felt so empty.

No longer confined to his stone form, gargoyle shifter Mattias yearns for a purpose. Feeling increasingly lost, he plans to search for his destiny elsewhere. But, a chance encounter with a wary woman roots him to the spot--for now.

A werewolf in search of a cure.

Rachel heads into
Published April 15th 2019 by Lisa Carlisle

To ask other readers questions about TORCH, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TORCH

Ana
Fly Away.....

Vamps is an Underground Club that caters to all kinds of supernaturals and those that just want to throw caution to the wind for a night.....But Vamps has it's own history and the most recent is the end of the curse that was put on the 3 gargoyle brothers that stood guard in Vamps for many years. Dante and Lucan have found their mates, but Mattias feels like the 3rd wheel so to speak, he doesn't have his ever after, but then he doesn't want one either....He wants to experience what
Charlotte
Gargoyles! YUM!!

*WARNING* contains explicit adult sexual situations
This is book 9 in this series. I haven't read any of the others and I don't feel as I've missed any vital information.
Mattias is finally free of the witches curse, but he feels like his life has no purpose. Mattias is happy is brothers have found their mates and are happy, but he is struggling to find his place. Mattias is still harboring anger for his lost years, his beast is unsettled, it's time to leave Vamps.
Rachel is a self
Cheri
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mattias is free. The curse that kept his brothers in stone most of the time along with him has been broken. Yet he doesn't feel the freedom he thought he would. His brothers have found mates and are happy. It isn't that he isn't happy for them but why does he feel so lost. Until...

He sees a woman at Torch. She's not all tricked out like the other women but she draws him. He watches an exchange between a regular who is all tricked out. What is going on? She looks desperate.
Following her, he knows
Sheila
Torch
Vamps - come for the music, stay to find trouble. Let’s go back to Vamps to find out what Mattias is going to do with his freedom. For over ten years Mattis and his gargoyle brothers have been cursed to remain in stone. They only can break free if someone is in danger. Their lives and freedoms were taken away. After all this time Mattias feels restless and life is without a purpose. His two brothers have found their mates and have settled into a happy productive life. Mattias is not sure wh
Sandra Hould
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. I have read several of Lisa Carlisle's books and I must say that this one was one of my favorites. It was a real page-turner for me. It took me mere moments before I could just identify with Mattias and Rachel's story. I don't know why they just touched me at the very deep of my soul.
The action in the book was constant and the intimate scenes were out of this world. I had a lot of fun seeing how they would live their lives and become an item because books like these always h
Debbie Caswell
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again we return to Vamps the night club where the supernatural hang out and we finally get Mattias story

Mattias is a gargoyle who only had his freedom from stone when someone needed saving now he has a chance to live his life after his brothers found their mates he has decided that he wants to travel He does odd jobs around Vamps and it gives him a chance to see all the pretty woman that hang out there He is intrigued when he sees Rachel and thinks maybe he will postpone his trip, Rachel i
Gladys
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this heart aching romance. I liked Mattias and Rachel as individual characters and as a couple. The story is very engaging and it quickly had all my attention as my heart became invested in this couple. There is lots of drama, danger and an over all feeling of suspense to the book but what really connected with me was the emotions. Poignant, powerful and beautiful, I found it impossible not to feel sympathy for, connect with and wish for these two to get the HEA they so rich ...more
Barbara
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book nine in the Underground Encounters series a well written story that kept me turning pages. The story runs smoothly from page to page it has a very good story-line. I do hope this is not the last book in this series as I have enjoyed reading everyone of them and if it is, I will be rereading them all. This is gargoyle shifter Mattias and werewolf Rachel's story. Two people with curses but will they realize they have found their other half? I recommend this book. I received a copy of this boo ...more
Tricia
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mattias helps out around Vamps, filling in when needed. He is drifting without a real purpose since being freed from the curse. But he finds the crowd interesting, and the women are plentiful. He's just about to leave when a woman catches his eye.

Rachel is at Vamps to meet with a witch, because a few months ago, Rachel was bitten by a werewolf and turned. Her sister locks her in the basement after she takes the medication she gets from the witch here in an attempt to control her situation.

Mattia
Sherry Westendorf
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting read. He has just come out of stone and is looking for some purpose for his life. She has been bitten by a werewolf and wants a cure for it. They meet in a club. They don't want anything serious but things don't always go as planned. It is exciting, emotional, surprising and so much more. I received a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Scarolet Ellis
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Torch (a gargoyle shifter / werewolf romance) (Underground Encoutners Book 9) by Lisa Carlisle is an amazing story that I have read. This is book number nine in this amazing series that I have fallen in love with and I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about gargole shifter and a werewolf romance
Sher
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you cross a Gargoyle finally released from a curse...and a woman who was recently bitten and turned into a werewolf?
A great new read from Lisa Carlisle..
As she continues her Vamp series, Mattias is searching for something to do with his life..Rachel is looking for a cure. They meet at Vamps the night before Mattias plans on leaving to see the world.
But he is drawn to Rachel.
She is not looking for a relationship..Just a fling..But the fates have other plans.
Love this seri
Trixie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I felt their despair and the feeling of loss. Rachel trying to deal with her curse, Mattias trying to find his place in the world. Both holding their secrets close to their heart, not trusting the other person with it which drove them apart. But fate and love cannot be denied, their love for each other pushed them to reached out their hand. At the super moon, secrets were revealed followed by acceptance and then loved was allowed to blossomed.

I loved the ending. Made me wistful.

I received a fre
Cheryl Drake johnson
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mattias is brother to Danton and Lucan who happens to meet a beautiful woman at the club one night and he is very attracted to her and her to him but they both have issues one more than the other that kills the relationship fast. Great characters. Love the story line. Paranormal romance. Adult content. I was give an Advance Reader Copy by the author without obligation. I am providing an honest review.
Emily Dickson
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fast and fun story with Vamps. Mattias who is a gargoyle is a fantastic character that meets Rachel who was also a fantastic character and had a secret of her own. Lots of chemistry and plenty of steam with a great storyline. Great secondary characters and an HEA. Loved it!!
C.B.
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this because I liked the characters. Rachel dealing with a life changing condition with only her sister and the witch for help. Mattias coming out of a 12 year curse trying to make sense of his life and find a way to be productive for the world. They meet and start what they call a temporary relationship that helps them feel grounded and at peace. The journey to finding solutions challenges who they are and who they think they are. The familial support for these two is amazing and just ...more
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Search of My Piece of the World

Mattias story was not as expected and this was a good thing. The author took time to give him a different path to his future from his brothers.

After having the curse broken each brother needed to find a way to exist in the new reality. Mattias has no idea what he is seeking but is willing to leave his family to find it.

Rachel's world was change a year ago and she is trying to make the best of it. She does what she thinks is necessary to protect her sister and ot
Deb
Recommends it for: Adults 18+ Fans of Fiction
Get ready for another Smokin’ hot, PNR fan-freaking-tastic story from the amazing world of ‘Underground Encounters’ by Ms. Carlisle’s magic pen :D ... "TORCH" is Mattias’ unique story & has both new & awesome recurring characters and witty dialogue. With Romance, Suspense, Rockers and magic, not to mention the lovable gargoyles, shifters & vamps, this grabbed me from the start & held on tight! ... Add in the amazing descriptions and surprises & readers will be hooked and turn ...more
Raina Collins
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love seeing the third and final brother find what he needs and deserves. I’ve loved the whole story behind the brothers that were cursed. And now we have a new woman in the mix. She is beyond smart but can she stop this attraction to this gorgeous man? There is plenty of romance and with gargoyles there is always the need to protect. I just hope this isn’t the end of the stories for the nightclub Vamps.
Carmen
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great

Really enjoy the gargoyle romances and think they may be my next favorite behind dragons. Fascinating take on werewolf bites and gargoyle love. And I was very happy to read about the final gargoyle brother finally meeting his mate. Didn’t like her martyr type attitude too much though,
Mary
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very captivating and addictive story! Mattias finally gets his mate or does he? Rachel and Mattias are great characters! This story has a few twists and turns that make for a really well developed story. A definite must read and probably my favorite so far from this author!!
Liz
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Paranormal romance adventure. Mattias and Rachel. Mattias is free from his stone prison but can he accept possibilities of love

Lori
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Torch is an awesome story with lots of *HEAT*. I liked the characters and found their story quite fascinating. I liked the drama of the story. Got to love those hot Gargoyles.

Gaynor Jones
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely!

I loved this story between Mattias and Rachel. Both of them are looking for answers in their lives, but they never expected to find them in love and each other! Hot, sexy and a great story line!
Janet
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, relationships are a partnership it goes bought ways. You accept them for who they are. Warts and all. Very good story I liked it. I received a complimentary review copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
Stacy Hartley
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love gargoyles? If you are not sure read these books you will love them. Very well written and full of adventure and romance. You won't want to put it down.
I was given an advanced reader copy and I voluntarily leave this review
Cali Jewel
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Highly entertaining, sexy, emotional and engaging adventure filled with danger, drama and longing.... was a great read from the beginning and kept me glued to my tablet all the way to the end and left me excited for more from this magical world. Great reading!!
Marianne
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really love these gargoyle stories! Everyone has something to deal with... their own kind of curse.

Pat W
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read by this author. Lovely read with amazing characters. Storyline was superb also. I was thrilled and mesmerised throughout. Not to be missed
Barbara Duell
Apr 17, 2019
USA Today bestselling author Lisa Carlisle loves stories with dark, brooding heroes and independent heroines. She’s honored to be a multi-published author writing in different genres since she’s wanted to be a writer since the sixth grade. For much of her professional career, she’s written non-fiction — but she’s discovered writing romance is the most fun. Her romances have been named Top Picks at ...more