Start by marking “We All Will Be Received” as Want to Read:
We All Will Be Received

We All Will Be Received

In 1977, a young woman swipes a duffel bag of drug money and flees her bad-news boyfriend, hitching a ride with a long-haul trucker who points out satellites and enthuses about the future of space cargo. Building a life disconnected from her past, she assumes a new identity as Dawn Taylor, but thirty years later, running a roadside motel on a remote highway, Dawn will host ...more
Expected publication: March 1st 2020 by Breakwater Books

To ask other readers questions about We All Will Be Received, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We All Will Be Received

Start your review of We All Will Be Received
Paul Butler
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel of ‘disparate lives colliding’ spans a continent, more than three decades and a series of dislocated people – a escapee from a desperate crime, a former child abductee, a documentary film-maker struggling to mother a teenage girl, and a former convict now involved in rehabilitation. It’s not immediately clear how all these lives were connected in the past or how they lives will intersect again, but each individual story line is so compelling, so insightful about the burdens people ...more
Susie Taylor
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Truth, beauty, and honesty. Everything you want in a novel about being human and being flawed. One of those books I wanted to keep going.
James Fisher
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A finely tuned story, or stories, I should say, with a climactic ending in a small snowbound hotel in Newfoundland.
Janet Robinson
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a time when we seem to be bombarded with fake news, Vryenhoek reminds us that none of us are exempt from being perceived in ways that are not necessarily the truth. Even as Dawn Taylor builds a new life for herself in a remote area of the country, there are still those who know the truth. Thirty years later as her past catches up to her, the question remains....which part of her life is really the truth? This story kept me hooked right up to the surprising end! Vryenhoek has woven an ...more
Alisong
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a page turner. Vryenhoek weaves a compelling story that explores connectedness and isolation, the vboundaries where one person’s story begins and another’s ends. The characters are well crafted and believable. Enjoyed the twists and turns and unexpected points of connection. Truly a good read.
Sarah Butland
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea what to expect but, as cliche as it was, was hooked immediately.

The characters were real, the setting of Newfoundland was brought to life and the story, while hopefully extreme in some cases, was overall very sweet, comforting and hopeful.

A story that started in the past and left it there while it jumped to the future, We Will All Be Received hit all the emotions in me as it took me through a tale of a woman escaping a horrible situation and running for her life.

Learning to
Blair
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some of the most complicated relationships we will ever have our the ones we have with ourselves. This beautifully written novel has a host of complex characters whose relationships and life stories are rich and intriguing. All of them sit in that grey space of being neither good or bad and it makes all of them relatable and interesting. The story left me wanting more of them; not that I felt that the story lacked anything, but because they were fascinating people.

Most of the story is set in
Harold Walters
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
See my complete column at the following link:

Breakwater Books
Feb 06, 2020
Sam Taylor
Feb 07, 2020

• A Roll of the Bones
  • If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood
  • Silver Linings: Stories of Gratitude, Resiliency, and Growth Through Adversity
  • The Innocents
  • Oakwood Island: The Awakening
  • Girl, Woman, Other
  • The Luminous Sea
  • Lucy Cloud
  • I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Maya Angelou's Autobiography, #1)
  • The Night Olivia Fell
  • Send More Tourists...the Last Ones Were Delicious
  • Last Lullaby
  • Art and Rivalry: The Marriage of Mary and Christopher Pratt
  • The Dreamers
  • The Wake: The Deadly Legacy of a Newfoundland Tsunami
  • The Invited
  • The Wedding Guest (Alex Delaware, #34)
  • Our Homesick Songs
Leslie Vryenhoek is a writer whose fiction, poetry and memoir explore the landscape of intimate relationships, what it means to belong, and the how the uneven hand of fortune plays out across lives. Her writing has been published across Canada and around the world, and has garnered critical acclaim and awards.

Leslie also works as an editor and a communications professional, including for WIEGO, a