Start by marking “Man-Eaters, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Man-Eaters, Vol. 3

Man-Eaters, Vol. 3

(Man-Eaters #9-12)

Middle schooler, Maude, and several friends, have been sent to Ruminations: Malibu, a rehabilitation clinic for pantherism. Simply put, they are all suspected of turning into Big Cats when they get their periods and Ruminations promises to cure them through hormone therapy and hiking. The length of stay? 28 days.
Outside the clinic, a series of strange events causes rising
Published November 12th 2019 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Man-Eaters, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man-Eaters, Vol. 3

Start your review of Man-Eaters, Vol. 3
The Lost Dreamer
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: instructions
I'm perfectly aware that the quality of the two final issues is far lower than the rest of the series'. But I'm also perfectly aware of the reasons behind the unpassionate and saddened tone of these final issues. It's simply outrageous what the fabolous artists behind this story have been put through by people who simply didn't like this comic. Man-Eaters has been one of the most fun, intelligent and connected with my own life and problems things that I've read in a very long time. By far is the ...more
Christine
This was the final volume in the graphic novel series about menstruators who turn into flesh-eating wild cats during their periods. After she had her first period, twelve-year-old Maude was sent away to a pantherism recovery clinic, which reminded me of a gay conversion camps I've read about.
Some girls get locked in containment camps, or sent to weird compounds where they try to pray the panther out of you ... As the whole world knows, menstruation is dangerous. There are a lot of pantherism r
Melissa
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
I quite enjoyed this fantasy series set in a world where menstruation is effectively banned because women actually become deadly during their “time of the month”.... in this world they turn into panthers. The dark humor and satire they employed to use this premise to poke at the system we find ourselves living in was so clever and timely.

One more series I’m going to miss now that it is wrapped up!
Anna Heidick
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
This volume is weird, which I know isn't saying much, haha, but at least it tried to explain things.. sort of..

The outlandishness of (view spoiler) is rather unexplainable, but I guess you have to let it go with ''it's just a comic' which is something I don't like, but have to let go.

Also they tried to explain the reason why the situation with everything happened... sort of.. Which, at least the writer tried, ins
Ruthsic
Warnings: conversion therapy camp allegory, transmisia

I wasn't aware that this would be the finale of this series before going in, so yeah, that hit me like a ton of bricks. But sudden ending aside, it was quite clever in how it reached there. So, the pro-feline group of Maude and her friends and her parents have infiltrated a rehab clinic for girls suspected of Pantherism, and the conditions are bleaker than the brochures promised. Once in, they are investigating the camp, and here's where the s
(a)lyss(a)
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I really loved this serious up util this issue.

Only the first maybe third of the pages were actually the story and the rest are paper dolls and ads and other things that while funny, didn't contribute to the story.

I don't even mind the over-the-topness of the escape...it's how little answers we got, how including transwomen was suddenly attempted to be shoehorned in, and how the answers we did get seemed to conflict with previous issues.

I was hoping for more of the story, more explanations, m
Allison
Jul 21, 2019 marked it as abandoned
Had to drop this series in the middle of this book because the author insisted on antagonizing readers she disagreed with about the place for trans-women and girls in this series.

It's one thing to say there's something your story just isn't going to address in its limited page count, but it's another thing to use the pages of your story as a call out post for critical tweets and than just no address the criticism at all, and I'm just not willing to support that bullshit anymore.
Susan
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This made me laugh out loud. So snarky, so clever, and it contains lots of kittens (and corgis.) My only complaint is that some of the faux ads are difficult to read on a e-reader so it may be better to pick up a paper copy than digital.
Brooke
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Oof. Really rushed, confusing, unsatisfying ending to the series. Giving an overall 3 star rating to the full series run. Lots of fun ideas, but kind of just that. Fun ideas with nothing to really hold them together.
Martijn Van
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The twist is mwa. But that does'nt really matter because damn this is awesome
Christy
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this weird, feminist presentation (it’s so much more than a comic) so much. Grab your pussy hat, your anti-patriarchy friends, and a warm cup of fuck you to enjoy.
Tracey Sinclair
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great finale to this clever, thought-provoking story.
Amber
Really disappointing, confusing and rushed final arc.
Irus
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
see Vol 2
Kate
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great end to the series, but loses a star for excessive padding in the last issue
Bárbara
Oct 15, 2019

• Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass
  • Gideon Falls, Vol. 3: Stations of the Cross
  • Black Canary: Ignite
  • You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)
  • Stranger Things: Six (Graphic Novel)
  • Batman: Damned
  • The White Trees #2
  • Blood Is Another Word for Hunger
  • Una edad difícil
  • Seonag and the Seawolves: A Tor.com Original
  • Wonder Woman, Volume 2: Guts
  • Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor, Vol. 3: Old Friends
  • The Okay Witch
  • High Fantasies (Rat Queens, #4)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 11
  • Rules for Vanishing
  • Permanent Record
Chelsea Cain is the New York Times bestselling author of the Archie Sheridan/Gretchen Lowell thrillers Heartsick, Sweetheart, Evil at Heart, The Night Season, Kill You Twice, and Let Me Go. Her next book One Kick (August, 2014) will be the first in her Kick Lannigan thriller series. Her book Heartsick was named one of the best 100 thrillers ever written by NPR, and Heartsick and Sweetheart were named among Stephen King's Top Ten Books of the Year. Her books have been featured ...more

Man-Eaters (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Man-Eaters #1