Start by marking “Ask Me Why” as Want to Read:
Ask Me Why

Ask Me Why

One deep breath. Two slow blinks. Three hollow beats.
I’m still here.
After three years, that reminder isn’t as necessary. But everyone has their bad days. This is definitely one of them.
Until an adorable little boy dashes into my store.
His zest for life makes me smile in a way that’s been long lost.
Then I meet his father.
Well, confront is more like it.

Brance Stone is v
Expected publication: June 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ask Me Why, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask Me Why

Tia Louise
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahh... get ready to hug your kindle and SWOOON! This story is just salt water taffy wrapped in a sundae with TWO cherries on top... lol! Braelyn is an amazing character, recovering from a car crash that left her alone and heartbroken... Brance starts out just rude and arrogant, and I was like, what? Am I supposed to like this guy??? Answer = YES.

Because then there's Ollie, and that little boy will just steal your heart. I just wanted to scoop him up and squeeze him. And he's determined Braelyn n
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: June 20, 2019
Genre: Enemies-to-Lovers Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Fans of enemies-to-lovers romances with COCKY ALPHAHOLES are not going to wanna miss Ask Me Why by Harloe Rae. The way these two communicate in the first 50% of the book is intense. I never knew that two strangers could have that much hate in their hearts for people they don't know. YIKES! I'll admit, at first it was a total turnoff for me especially the way Brance treated Braelyn when they first met. Howe
Keri Loves Books
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Emotionally Charged Stars!!!

The author stole my heart with this enemies-to-lovers emotional romance. She brought the angst and all the feels! From broken to pieced back together, these two found their HEA.

Braelyn has been doing her best to move on and live. A tragic accident left her alone and suffering from loss and panic attacks. She picked herself up and followed her dream of opening Thicket, a store that sells candy and unique odds and ends. She’s content, but is about to realize that she
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

✔Enemies to lovers
✔Heart-shredding feels
✔Total standalone
Celeste
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
for full review go to Beyond the Covers Blog here on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Flo Grugel
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Ask Me Why, Braelyn and Brance had chemistry by the bucket load. Shout out to Brance, the arsehole you will love to hate, he will have you swooning and tearing out your hair!
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Braelynn’s life changed after a tragic accident left her with lifelong trauma. They said she was lucky to be alive but she is barely living. She immerses herself in her new business Thicket and is just existing. She doesn’t think she will ever be in another relationship and has no plans to. Why would anyone want a neurotic broken girl? When a kid streaks past her in her store she has no idea this tyke is going to change her life. If only his dad wasn’t such a surly rude jerk. He pi
Lindsay
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued by the blurb for this one. I didn't have a great sense of what it would be about, but I was extremely curious. So I decided to jump right in.

I was immediately pulled into Braelyn's grief and anxiety. I was really curious about how things would change for her after meeting the hero and his son.

I thought Braelyn and Ollie were adorable together. Ollie on his own was just adorable. I was impressed with the way the author wrote him. Most of the books I've read in the past, the auth
Kim Herman
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be sure to grab this swoonworthy romance from the wonderfully talented Harloe Rae. An ememies to lovers, single dad, arrogant, alpha, sexy hunk and a beautiful scarred heroine. Angsty, emotional, sob fest that will tear your heart to shreds. My kind of romance.

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! You will no doubt fall in love with these characters immediately just as I did. Especially sweet sweet Ollie .

I loved the sassiness and fire that brewed between Braleigh and Brance. I was waiting with anticipatio
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How to start? How about with the most important character in the book, Olllie, Oliver James Stone is the most adorable, loving and smartest 5 year old that has ever been written. He is the at the center of this romantic story of two broken souls not looking but begging to find the balm that will heal them and bind them to one another.
Braelyn and Branson are two unlikely souls, opposites in temperament, fate decides to change that up with the help of a little boy longing for the live of a mother.
Christi Fowler
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title: Ask Me Why
Author: Harloe Rae
Format: E book
Genre: Romance - Enemies-to-Lovers, Single Dad
Standalone: Yes
Part of a Series: I hope so!
POV: Braelyn and Brandt
Steam Level: Slow Burn to Toasty
5/5

Ask Me Why has become one of my favorite Harloe Rae books (and I've read all of them). Little Ollie steals the show with his smarts, sweetness and energy. The chemistry between Braelyn and Brandt are off the charts hot. The push, pull, snark and sass had me smiling and laughing throughout. The emotions
SCBookAddict
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this! When it comes to my favorite types of romances, give me a broody, sarcastic guy and a woman that won't bow down ANY DAY and I will DEVOUR it.
Ask Me Why is that type of story!

Braelynn and Brance - these two main characters have both been hurt. One doesn't want to hurt anymore and one doesn't want to be hurt again. They understand each other's issues in a way no one else can.
Their chemistry was EVERYTHING!Enemies-to-lovers, in my opinion, have the hottest chemistry. The
Teri
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brance isn't a sweet, soft spoken loving man with kind words, unless they are for his son Ollie. For everyone else he is the skilled attorney who is sharp with his tongue and quick to go into courtroom mode. Brae has been on the receiving end of that tirade but for the pleasure of seeing Ollie in her store she'll take it. But one day that changes. They both have a past, past hurts, past betrayals that get in their heads. Ollie has other ideas for their hearts. This author is so good when it come ...more
Jennifer S
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely my favorite Harloe Rae book so far, and that says a lot since I was hooked from the moment I read her 1st book.. Not sure if I would consider this an enemies to lovers book, since the chemistry between Brance and Braelyn is instant <3.. The chemistry is so hot my kindle was steaming lol .. Throw in nosey best friends and the cutest little boy and you have an amazing book. There were some emotional moments in this book and lots of funny and hot moments. I highly recommend 1 clicking ...more
Queen B
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh this was some angst-city, but in a good way. Braelyn has suffered some terrible loss, but is still trying to survive and live life. Brance has some freaking baggage, but lives for his young son, Ollie.

Ollie meets Braelyn and they instantly become friends. Of course Brance hates this, and so our enemies-to-lovers ensues.

What follows is an emotional yet tender story. Braelyn learns to love and live again and Brance learns how to trust and show some vulnerability.

Sweet, funny, and thought provok
Jennifer D.
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ask Me Why is a swoony enemies to lovers, single dad romance. I love Brealyn and her big heart. The friendship she forms with Ollie is the sweetest. He is so adorable! You love to hate Brance with his jaded heart and coldness toward Brealyn. Both of them have tons of emotional baggage to overcome but once they give in, fireworks go off. They are hot!! This is a great read with lots of emotion, steam, and the cutest stinking kid ever! You won't be disappointed!
Kelly Williams
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing 10 star read!!!! This story started out so tragic and by the end it was great. I’m glad Brance and Brae found each other. Their back and forth banter had me laughing out loud many times. Same with Jordan. What a great story of healing and finding love. Ollie was an amazing little
Boy too!!! Great read and great story!!!
Riah Pilling
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harloe Rae's books always make me go all squishy and emotional and Ask Me Why really takes the cake!
I loved this take on a single dad romance, the character development is absolutely perfect and the shop sounds like a little slice of heaven!
To top it off is an ending worthy of the tears I shed! I could love this book more!
it.sgottabethebooks
Review to come
Jacquelyn McLaughlin
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freaking amazing book! Harloe Rae’s best work yet. Brance and Braelyn are the most beautiful couple. I fell in love with Brance and his son Ollie. These characters tugged at my heartstrings and kept me wanting more. Most definitely a MUST READ!!
KC Caron
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Haunting Romance with an off the charts swoon factor wrapped in every sweet, emotional bite.

Ask Me Why is ridiculously addicting. It's an extremely emotional romance that resonates, centered on an out-of-this-world connection between a father and his son, and the broken woman who may be the missing puzzle piece to complete them.

Ask Me Why tells the story of a young, tragically broken woman, Braelyn--love her name--having stitched together a semblance of a life, who meets a cynical single dad
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐢𝐭... 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓, 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓!

𝐖𝐇𝐘?,
𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐄?
𝐖𝐇𝐘? 𝐖𝐇𝐘? 𝐖𝐇𝐘?
𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲.

Once again, this author has gone and thrown me into a plot so thick with angst, emotions, and heartache that it was enough to make cry and I did cry. Harloe poured 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 into this book, and it had me hooked from page one right through to the last page of the book. It was epic. I am a sucker for angst. Even though I know it'll gut punch me every damn time, I always
BookAddict
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book broke me, ripped out my heart, tore it to shreds and burned the leftover pieces to ash because some of it hit way too close to home. It’s almost like Rae cracked open the door of my heart and wrote what she saw there, so I was immediately all in. I felt my soul connecting with Braelyn and held her close in the deepest part of my numb, ruined heart. I lived every moment of her story with Brance and his son, Oliver, as if it were my own.

Three years earlier, Braelyn suffered the most deva
Aundi Reads A Lot
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Rainbow Stars

Get your heartstrings ready, this book will definitely be tugging on them. This story was swoony deliciousness wrapped in a rainbow. Harloe has created a truly captivating romance that will leave you breathless. I absolutely adored this story and the connection between Brance and Braelyn!!

Braelyn had me completely captivated. She was so beautifully broken that you can't help but feel for her. Watching her come back to life through the pages was remarkable. She truly blossoms afte
Julie Ayling
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this story!!! I fell in love with every character some quicker than others lol but you will soon see why.

Braelyn has been through so much tragedy devastation, and heartache . We learn a bit about her past but we really get to know her more through her shop and through the eyes of one hyper sweet innocent loving little boy named Ollie. Omg I fell in love with that little boy, he will have you wrapped around his little finger and you can’t say no to the little guy and neither could an
Suzanne
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Debra
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Take two broken people, one adorable five-year-old, and hold on for a wild ride. Braelyn suffered from a traumatic car accident and has flashbacks and nightmares from the experience. She has her store, Thicket, and her best friend Sadie, but not much else in her life.

Brance has had some very bad experiences with women in his past and has built up a persona that is really nasty and doesn’t seem to have any redeeming qualities until we see him interact with his son. He is like a different person;
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
Well Harloe Rae whipped us up an extra special sundae with Braelyn and Brance’s story and Ollie was most definitely the sweetest little cherry 🍒 on top.

Braelyn lived through a trauma but came out the other side empty,the pit inside her only grows deeper until a little piece of sunshine smiled at her like she hung the moon. Her struggles seem to lessen the more time she spends with him but when she realises spending time with him means she may also have to interact with his obnoxious father she
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
We all know love and hate are the two sides to the same coin correct?. In Ask Me Why Harloe Rae creates an alluring tale of this exact saying.
We meet Braelyn our beautiful shop owner who has survived a significate loss. There are many days she is not even sure which was up, or which way is down. She has come so far, but understands she has a long way to go before she will truly be ok. She wears her heart on her sleeve, but she knows giving her heart away is not something she is willing to do.
Bra
Carrie
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really tough story for me. I LOVED Braelyn. I get her grief & her thoughts & her turtle-ing. Her heart is SO BIG and she has so much love to give and she's working toward healing from her heartache. She has panic attacks that I could relate to.

And Ollie!! He stole the show, really. That little dude's personality is much bigger than his five years would warrant. I can see him being a swoony hero when he grows up!

But then we have Brance. *sigh* I wanted to love him. He's Ollie
Harloe Rae is a USA Today & Amazon Top 100 bestselling author. Her passion for writing and reading has taken on a whole new meaning. Each day is an unforgettable adventure.

Harloe is a Minnesota gal with a serious addiction to romance. She’s always chasing an epic happily ever after. When she’s not buried in the writing cave, Harloe can be found hanging with her hubby and son. If the weather pe