Jump to ratings and reviews

Ask Me Why

One deep breath. Two slow blinks. Three hollow beats.
I’m still here.
After three years, that reminder isn’t as necessary. But everyone has their bad days. This is definitely one of them.
Until an adorable little boy dashes into my store.
His zest for life makes me smile in a way that’s been long lost.
Then I meet his father.
Well, confront is more like it.

Brance Stone is volatile.
Offensive.
Harsh.
And can’t be bothered to care.
Not that I want him to.
I get frostbite just looking into Brance’s glacial stare. But there’s something undeniable about him.

My misery suddenly craves company. The suffocating numbness lifts whenever Brance is near. That alone should have me running in the opposite direction. Try as I might, there’s no avoiding him. If only I could understand why. As if he’d let me.

I don’t ask. He doesn’t tell. A silent, bitter truce settles between us.
That was our first mistake.
It’s certainly not the last.

Releasing June 20, 2019!

349 pages, Kindle Edition

First published June 18, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Harloe Rae

37 books5,507 followers
Harloe Rae is a USA Today & Amazon Top 10 bestselling author. Her passion for writing and reading has taken on a whole new meaning. Each day is an unforgettable adventure.

She's a Minnesota gal with a serious addiction to romance. She’s always chasing an epic happily ever after. When she’s not buried in the writing cave, Harloe can be found hanging with her hubby and son. If the weather permits, she loves being lakeside or out in the country with her horses.

She writes emotional, heartfelt romance with swoony heroes and sassy leading ladies. Her titles are available on Amazon.

Find all the latest on her site www.harloe-rae.blog
Subscribe to her newsletter at http://bit.ly/HarloesList
Join her reader group, Harloe’s Hotties, at http://www.facebook.com/harloehotties

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 stars
338 (6%)
1 star
150 (2%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.