Start by marking “Stealing Home (St. Michaels Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stealing Home (St. Michaels Duet, #2)

Stealing Home

(St. Michaels Duet #2)

Ashley:
I’ve given up. On my childish dreams.
On getting out of this town. On love. On him.
On everything.

I’m barely treading water.

Brayden:
I’m the man with it all.

The pinstriped jersey covering my back garners easy cash, flashy cars and fast women. My gilded name drapes over the city in neon. I have everything. Everything, except the thing I crave most. Ashley Foster.
ebook, 1st Edition
Published August 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Home, please sign up.
Harlow Cole I am so thankful to all the readers who have asked for more from the crew in St. Michaels! Your support for these characters means the world to me! I …moreI am so thankful to all the readers who have asked for more from the crew in St. Michaels! Your support for these characters means the world to me! I am working on a third book in the series called Breaking Perfect. No release date as of yet, but stay tuned for more info! I will have sneak peeks along the way in my reader group on Facebook. Thanks again! -- <3 Harlow

Start your review of Stealing Home (St. Michaels Duet, #2)
Ellie
Aug 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Lu Bielefeld
0 - DNF
===========

“Oh, sure. Bet banging all those movie stars and supermodels got too tiring, and he decided to go back and look up an old flame. I mean, look at me.” I gestured down to my baggy sweats and the white T-shirt bunched up at my waist, secured with a stretched-out hair tie. “I’m totally Brayden Ross material.”

My father wouldn’t take Jack’s blood money four years ago, and I won’t take any of it now. I might fail at saving everything else, but I won’t hock the last of my family’s pri
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an ending and what a duet! It was that fantastic. It’s the perfect sequel, a truly wonderful and epic conclusion to Ashley and Brayden’s whirlwind story. This book is a raw, emotional, passionate and angsty read. A story that is so unique and special. It's both heartbreaking and heartwarming and at times quite confronting.

Ashley and Brayden have not had an easy road to love and while there were many factors affecting them being together, I had to have faith that a love like theirs would sta
Mojo_Mama
DNF 92%

Considering the amount of detailed OW bullshit we slogged through in the first novel I felt there was a complete lack of info on his years apart from the h. I didn’t need on page deets...but I absolutely needed to know how much of his father’s path he’d walked. Especially when she continually feared the amount of women he’d been with while he was gone. She makes references to his OW throughout this novel that he never elaborates on either in his POV headspace or verbally to the h.

The whol
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

Good lord, I feel like there is a hurricane wreaking havoc on my insides right now. There are just so many emotions overpowering me. I can literally feel the turmoil roiling around inside me. All the feels. All of them, okay?

This is one of those books that you read and have absolutely no idea what to do with yourself once it is over. I almost feel lost because my heart and mi
Jackie
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
If you want a long winded grovel to book one... this will probably be for you. I love grovel and redemption arcs but there was no plausibility in this story and it all felt like a big soap opera.

Also made no sense why he waited 4 years. Grovel or not I didn’t feel he learned one thing. Obviously putting Nathan in a wheelchairs preceded all his other wrong doings but I didn’t feel the cheating at the end of book 1 was dealt with at all.
Saunders
not often I get a duet that I can rate 5 stars each book.

Loved this story, great writing loved the characters and the whole storyline.

Dixie
May 26, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1.5. The author has potential but she needs to learn that sometimes less is more. There was just too much drama going on! This is so sad because has she not thrown everything but the kitchen sink I might have rooted for this couple. But I just find it too unrealistic to ever built a relationship out of all of this pain!

1) mommy issues / abandonment? Check.
2) daddy issues? Check. For both H and h!
3) death by cancer? Check.
4) disabled relative who’s grown bitter? Check.
5) financial crisis (los
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 2020 -- 5 Stars

So, I've found a new favorite author. She has a small backlist, so I'll have to wait to read more, but she's worth it. Freaky good. If you follow me, you know I say this infrequently.

Happy Reading!
Brandy Roberts
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really happy with how stealing home turned out it isn't a standalone you need to read book one first . This is a second chance romance let me just a lot of stuff happens in book one that frustrated me beyond belief to were I didn't know if I wanted to read this one but I was happy that I gave this one a chance . The hero really redeemed himself in this one my heart really broke for a certain character I hope he finds happiness . I can't wait to read more by Harlow Cole in the future .
Ariadna Basulto
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harlow Cole has brought it home with this fantastic continuation and conclusion of Brayden and Ashley’s story. Overflowing with passion, angst, love, and so many other emotions, Stealing Home was everything I could have wanted for this couple and more.

Once again author Harlow Cole masterfully infuses so much emotion into her story that it has a way of spilling over and wrapping the reader in it. Through flawlessly placed details and exceptional storytelling she’s created a romance that pulls yo
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd part of this phenomenal duet, and Brayden and Ashley’s story continues. I never thought that this gifted author would be able to surpass the perfection of “Interference”, but my word; it has been achieved!! This is a truly beautifully written story which is filled with angst, passion, emotion, and is a raw, gritty and thrilling, poignant love story which pulls at the heartstrings. I was completely enthralled throughout this addictive page turner, and in my opinion this duet is on ...more
Shirley Cuypers
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-beta, ebooks, 2019
Original review

This book was provided by the author through Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Harlow Cole and Give Me Books Promotions!

Stealing Home
is the second book in the St. Michaels Duet and continues the story of Brayden and Ashely

Stealing Home was yet another amazing book and the perfect sequel for this series. Interference, the first book, ended with Brayden saying ‘I love you’ to someone and I was under the impression that he loved someone else and n
Tanja OMGReads
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: omgreads
The first book almost ended me but this one finished me off to declare that I FRICKING LOVE this duet. This second book is all about doing it all in ordered to bring back the ONE to you. This story is mainly about how struggling with guilt can sometimes blind you to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

When I finished the first book I was not a big Brayden fan to be honest.
But I had a feeling that he’ll change his life around so he could be with Ashley. She was a strong girl in the first boo
Aysha
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
overall a good series even though I felt like the first one was drawn out and the backstory should not have been that long. I think because I read both books back to back I still had leftover anger for Brayden so I felt like Ashley accepted him back way early in the 2nd book, that I wanted to smack her.

also, her seeing his picture with someone and that text when she picked up his phone not knowing who the girl was to Brayden and still going ahead to sleep with him again and again just because sh
C
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good duet! Stealing Home is a good conclusion to Ash and Brayden’s story 💙
Kirsty & Erin White
Apr 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Ashley and Brayden are not the same kids we left in Book 1. They’ve grown up and dealt with some hard stuff. Especially Ashley. After the way everything was left in book 1 it was difficult to see how Brayden was ever going to fight his way back in to Ashley’s god graces but you realise through the book he is not the same man. ⁣

This book contained a lot of the angst and emotion that book one did bit showed more growth in the characters. I would have liked more detail about their lives when they
Lisa Acosta
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing story, gripped me from the start!

The story is amazing and had me wanting more and more. The love they shared despite the obstacles they faced as intriguing and swoon worthy. I loved every moment!
Ayushi
Sep 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
almendra
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this series the same way Brayden fell in love with Ash— it was just meant to be and there was no going back from it. Brayden and Ash went to hell and back into each others arms and I honestly cannot imagine a different universe where that's not where they belong. They found home. I miss them already. 🥺
Melissa Rob
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was seriously shocked when I learned that this was Harlow Cole's debut novel. What an amazing way to break through in the book world. This duet kicked ass! I look forward to reading more of Harlow's books in the future!
HeartBreaker
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
You know that feeling when you read a really good book that ends on cliffhanger and then author comes back with the second book and you are completely blown away?
That's exactly how I felt while reading this.I was afraid that the second book won't be as good as the first one,but rest assured because Stealing Home is one freaking amazing book.

After that tragic end of Interference ,book #1 in St. Michaels Duet,Brayden has left town.Before he fled the town he left that Note to Ashley promising to ma
Just Living A Thousand Lives
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-10-2019
I must fully admit, where Interference left off, I felt a little broken. Disconnected. Left behind. The story of Dallas and Soot was not an easy one to swallow. There was so much angst and uncertainty plaguing their younger selves. And picking up some 1468 days later, they are still electric. Call the fire department because they are going to end up burning that old boathouse to the ground. (Not actually, that's not a spoiler.. Metaphorically speaking 😉)

Their love runs so deep its almost painfu
Reviews from the Heart
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 GAZILLION STARS
I am literally trying to figure out where to start on this whole review, because I have so many thoughts consuming me, so please bare with me. My mind can not process the fact that this duet is this authors debut. It is mind boggling to be honest. Harlow Cole's writing is something you see from a seasoned author, not from someone just starting off. I have honest to God, not seen such passion used in writing before. This author is one to watch out for. Mark my words, she is go
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this compelling sequel to Interference readers will rejoin Ashley and Brayden on their heartrending journey, and bare witness to their emotionally charged reunion. As soon as I my eyes started to digest the words on the first page, my heart started to remember the hurt and agonizing pain from the past and I knew this one was about to reek havoc on my heart all over again. Watching these two try to come to terms with their past, embrace this second chance they'd been given, and let their heart ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stealing Home is the conclusion to the St. Michaels Duet, so YOU MUST READ Interference (Book 1) FIRST, as it tells the story of how Ashley & Brayden got to the place did in this book. It's a complicated past, so again, I cannot stress enough that you have to read Book 1 FIRST! I'm not really into giving too many details as it would totally come out as spoilers, especially if you didn't read the first book yet, but Brayden has a big mountain to climb to get through to Ashley. And when I started ...more
Kelly
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ashley and Brayden are not the same kids they used to be. Ashley is struggling to hold her life and her family together. Brayden is a big shot baseball player who has injured his shoulder and has come home to get back his girl. This book broke my heart and pieced it all back together. I couldn't blame Ashley for how she reacted after seeing Brayden again and I loved how Brayden fought for Ashley's forgiveness. This book hit a raw spot with me and something I am still coming to terms with. I won' ...more
Shannon
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!

All the stars to Harlow Cole for Stealing Home, the second book in the St. Michaels Duet. Stealing Home picks up after a lot of loss and hurt and when it seems like things between Brayden and Ash can never be repaired. This book takes you through the emotional journey of growth and acceptance and ultimately forgiveness.

While nothing was the same for any of the characters coming out of Interference, Brayden's determination to care for and protect Ash and ultimately prove to her that she w
Melliane
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I had a good time with the first volume, even if I was very surprised to have something more YA. Of course, there was also a lot of drama that allowed us to understand how our characters got there. How they came to this first chapter of Volume One. And I admit that at the end, I was really curious to find out what was going to happen, what Ashley and Brayden were going to do because things are far from simple.

As I was saying, Brayden is back and the feelings
Kari Hansen
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had my doubts that Brayden would be able to redeem himself what happened in the first book of the duet, but we soon realize that he is no longer that man. He may appear to have it all with the illustrious career, wealth and beautiful woman inside he is broken, and everything seems immaterial without Ashley. He is determined to show Ashley that he can be the man she needs so that they can have their second chance.

Ashley has been struggling since Brayden left just trying to survive and preserve
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
VARKALA BEACH HOMESTAY 1 2 Dec 11, 2019 11:08PM

• Saving Barrette
  • Wilder Love (Love and Chaos, #1)
  • Sweet Chaos (Love and Chaos, #2)
  • First and Forever (Heartache Duet, #2)
  • To Be Your Girl (To Be Yours, #1)
  • Hearts and Thorns
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Breaker
  • Beautiful Hell - Bully Romance: The Contemporary High School Bully Romance (Trinity High Book 2)
  • Dirty Swedish Player (Big Stick, #3)
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey, #2)
  • Playing with Fire
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Hate the Game
  • Pitcher (Commander in Briefs #0.5)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Dear Ava
Harlow Cole is a former journalism student, turned techie, turned mother, who finally decided at age forty-plus what she wants to be if she ever she grows up. Her writing journey first began in sixth grade, when she and her best friend penned boy band fanfiction in an old spiral notebook. Harlow is a connoisseur of peanut M&Ms, brand-new school supplies and angst-filled love stories that always en ...more

St. Michaels Duet (2 books)
  • Interference (St. Michaels Duet, #1)

News & Interviews