Start by marking “The Nexus Mirror (Chronicles of the Enlai #1)” as Want to Read:
The Nexus Mirror (Chronicles of the Enlai #1)

The Nexus Mirror

(Chronicles of the Enlai #1)

A secret race, locked in two-hundred years of war.
An ancient portal guards the ultimate power.
One girl is the key to it all.
The only question is who will find her first…

The year is 2094. A secret war has ravaged the Earth for centuries, desolating the Enlai race. Every tribe, each with their own powers, must choose a side. The sinister Following has toppled the Alliance,
Published April 3rd 2019 by Asteron Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Nexus Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nexus Mirror

Start your review of The Nexus Mirror (Chronicles of the Enlai #1)
Inkslinger
The Nexus Mirror (Chronicles of the Enlai Book 1)

ARC provided by N.E. Michael. All opinions are mine and freely given.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

02-16: 'The Nexus Mirror (Chronicles of the Enlai Book 1)' by N.E. Michael is a futuristic fantasy novel with strong sci-fi elements about a war that has been ongoing for over two-hundred years, a puzzle-trapped portal hiding a weapon that could theoretically win that war for whomever finds it, and the race to find the girl that's the key.

"My beautiful sister, when will you learn th
Michael Sahd
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
We have here a story about a hidden race on Earth, known as the Enlai, and a human who sets out to stop a war between the different factions of this race. Then we have a woman of the Reader Enlai group being manipulated by the villain after her sister is kidnapped. Finally, later in the book, we are introduced to the ruler of the Shadow Enlai, who ultimately became one of my favorite characters.

This book took me by surprise. What I mean by that is that after several chapters of slowly being int
SA Krishnan
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an action packed science fiction which was etched beautifully right from the word go.
The characters - the Reader of the Enlai was really very well brought out.
The science fiction elements and the different worlds, their war and the politics were all weaved beautifully well. Enjoyed it.
Nay Denise
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received a copy for review from the author.

Wow, this gets a 4.5 star rating from me. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The blurb alone was interesting, but diving into the world, the political drama, the action and magic system was absolutely phenomenal. N.E. Michael did a fantastic job crafting this story about Enlai and it's people. The multiple POVs was such a great touch and easy to flow with.

Raiden was everything to me as the protagonist! He was funny, determined, down to do the right
Happy Booker
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Nexas mirror is a young adult book set in 2049. The fantasy world is called Enlai, and the tribe people living in it have certain powers. Everything should work smoothly; however, not for this world. There are many characters at play, such as Raiden, Sarah, and Alia. Things take a turn when Sarah, who is the last from her tribe, has the ability to end the resistance. She holds the key to an ancient portal called the Nexus Mirror. Raiden has also had his own fair share of loss and agony. His ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The Nexus Mirror is set in the year 2094. The country has been in a secret war for many, many years. In The Nexus Mirror there is a fantasy world called Enlai, each of the tribe members have their own special powers with each one being different from the other. And in this fantasy world Enlai it has magical creatures like zombies, shifters and super-powered pirates.

There is lots of action in The Nexus Mirror and it is filled with fighting scenes that keeps the pages turning. The Nexus Mirror gr
Debra H. Wruble
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Continuous action from beginning to end!.Amazing storytelling and imaginative characters who are small blessed with special powers and who use these powers to save their kingdom from a power hungry lunatic. Great read.
Alana Bloom
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it
The Nexus Mirror was a fascinating combination of dystopian, fantasy, and comic book goodness woven together into an intricate story with numerous side stories feeding into the story arc. Michael keeps a quick pace in this story almost immediately throwing readers into the chaos that ensues after Raiden stumbles into a hidden world, of sorts, and realizing that his dreams and comics are real. The author did an excellent job crafting the world, giving us the histories of each clan and their abili ...more
Alexander Findlay
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really worthy read

If you are looking for a world to get lost in, then I recommend The Nexus Mirror. The story has a great plot, a decent cast of characters and an interesting magic system. I am definitely going to read further books about the Enlai
Ruthanne Taylor
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A rip roaring adventure in the fantasy genre. Earth is at stake! The characters are dynamic, believable, & have powers I would love to possess. Each tribe has its own power; separately they are losing the battle. But when they unite, WOW! If you are a fantasy junkie, like me, this series is for you.
Literary Portals
Mar 10, 2020 rated it liked it
What Made Me Read It I was sent a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. The author described it as "a contemporary YA fantasy book about a hidden race of thirteen tribes, each with their own super-power, government, and society, fighting for control over Earth and humanity". It sounded interesting so I decided to give it a go.

The Plot All his life Raiden has had vivid dreams of a race of powered people called the Enlai, living in secret among humans. But when his 10-year-old bright
Matthew Moss
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm a bit torn with this review. There were both things I liked and things I didn't like, so I'll try to be as unbiased as possible while I break down the review below.

Neutral points (points worth mentioning, but aren't really positive or negative):
-This book is marketed as Young Adult (YA); and, while it may fit that category, it's definitely on the younger side of YA. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but just expect it to be only a small step above Juvenile Fiction.
-Only things that are neces
Michelle the 小書蟲
DNF at 15%. Yeah, not very far.
I'm super critical about main character names (I've been working on letting it go, but combined with other things going on not-so-well in a book, it becomes a definite dealbreaker).
Our hotshot girl is Alia. I don't expect to love even most characters' names I read about, so it's fair. But our hotshot guy is named Raiden. It sounds incredibly shallow of me, but what I imagined was: some dude in his mid-twenties, who has brown hair, is bored with his daily life in t
DeAnn
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic New Writer

N. E. Michael has managed to meld together 3-4 storylines into a cohesive fantastical trip through his imagination. I currently have only the 4 chapters of my Bookfunnel copy, but those 4 chapters are chalk full of action, suspense and thrills. It grabbed me from the first page and wouldn't let go, as my imagination soared with his through a fantastical plot like I have never read before. Well Done! And I know I used fantastical too much, but it really is fantastic!
Hotsocks
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed. This book is the kind of book that I think would ideally be for high-schoolers, but adults can enjoy as well if they're into action fantasy or sci-fi. I saw some of the reviews here saying that the middle of the book was a bit heavy, it didn't really bother me. I really got into the series though after the second book, which in my opinion really brought things to an awesome new level. ...more
Amanda Stuntz
Apr 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the beginning and the end of the book, but the middle was a little lacking.
It starts out with action and ends with action but in between the story just got slow, and a little boring.
Overall it wasn’t a bad book, but i found it hard to want to keep reading since i never felt any connection to any of the characters.
Bookobcessed64
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was filled with action and had some really cool sci-fi aspects. The middle of the book was a bit heavy like an epic fantasy kind of heavy, but I highly recommend finishing and continuing with the series, since book 2 gets even better.
Teno
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very fun, and book 2 is even better!
Shananigans
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was loads of fun. 5 stars, especially for a debut author. If you like sci-fi/fantasy, superheroes, mysteries and action, check it out!
Josh
May 31, 2020
Maureen A. Harkless
Nov 24, 2020
N.E. Michael
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Terri A. Rosner
Mar 08, 2020
David Smith
Jun 20, 2019
Ideas! 1 3 May 01, 2019 09:45AM

• Bloodless Assassin (The Viper and the Urchin, #1)
  • The Awakening of Ren Crown (Ren Crown, #1)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • Memories of Tomorrow (Nameless #6)
  • Lucky Man (Tubby Dubonnet, #6)
  • Skyborn (Dragons & Druids, #1)
  • Storm Glass (Harbinger #1)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Three (Fallen Academy #3)
  • Fallen Academy: Year Four (Fallen Academy #4)
  • The Change (Unbounded, #1)
  • The Western Passage: Exodus
  • The Last War (The Last War, #1)
  • Of Cinder and Bone (Of Cinder and Bone #1)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)
  • Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster
My name is Noah Michael, and I am the author of the Chronicles of the Enlai series. I have two undergraduate degrees in bio-medical engineering and the medical sciences, and am currently a student in medical school. I am all about following your dreams, and so despite my busy schedule, I never gave up my hobbies which include writing, music, and traveling. Aside from my current series, I have two ...more

Chronicles of the Enlai (4 books)
  • The Legend of Solis (Chronicles of the Enlai #2)
  • The Chamber of Genesis (Chronicles of the Enlai #3)
  • Origins: Adam (Chronicles of the Enlai #4)