Start by marking “Para Bellum (Ark Royal #13)” as Want to Read:
Para Bellum (Ark Royal #13)

Para Bellum

(Ark Royal #13)

On her last mission, HMS Invincible discovered an alien threat beyond human understanding: a sentient virus that has already absorbed a number of intelligent races into its multitude and now intends to do the same to humanity. Defeat means the end of everything, the end of existence as nothing more than mindless host-bodies, the end of humanity and its alien allies alike. ...more
Audiobook
Published April 2019

To ask other readers questions about Para Bellum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Para Bellum

Mike Crate
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 13th novel in this long running series arrives with "Para Bellum" as humanity faces another threat from beyond their borders one which eclipses the more traditional enemies the human race have faced so far. An insidious virus which can take control of beings and by extension ships and worlds threatens the human race but with so many ships and people how to prevent something so small getting an unseen foothold. That is the task given to the major powers of the Earth and directly to the task f ...more
Shane
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-scifi
This is listed as Arc Royal 13 but it really is Invincible 2 in the Arc Royal universe. It is the middle book of a planed trilogy and had a great deal of that 'middle bookish' feel. The story line followed a mission behind enemy lines so by itself it was fairly complete. It is only the middle of a larger story arc and there is a great deal unfinished as well as some elements glossed over from the previous tale.
Per Gunnar
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For me Christopher Nuttall is usually a safe card when it comes to books. I have enjoyed almost every book I have read from this author (the count is at about 70 books from him right now) and I have enjoyed a lot of them greatly. This one definitely falls into the greatly category.

The current Ark Royal story arc is good solid military science fiction with, as the book blurb states. a divided humanity against an alien foe with a very unusual twist.

As usual the characters a
Ircel
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly Recommended

My top military sci-fi writers are Jack Campbell and Christopher Nuttall. Nuttall has delivered another exciting story in this middle volume of the trilogy about the alien virus. His characters are always well written. I believe in them as military people who hold the line for their cause. I look forward to the next book and wish Nuttall good health.
DARREN REECE
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good read and as an ex British soldier I can say he has the details off to a tee even mentioning Panda Cola next book I want to hear about cookhouse horror bags (packed lunches) range stew and ginsters pasties. As I said a good read and a good series worth 5 stars
Mick Bird
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another interesting read from this author.
Patrick Murphy
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nuttal is good.

A typically engaging read. If you’ve read Nuttal you’ll know what I mean. If you haven’t read Nuttal you really ought.
Gary Davis
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Good grief!!! Well at least he promises that the next book is the last of the series... And we need to see how the hero's will save the galaxy
Anthony Romain
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Another excellent novel in the Ark Royal series. The enemy is truly terrifying and plausible. Keep them coming Mr Nuttal.
Jeff Carpenter
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good as always

Liked the story and the characters. The premise is good but down right scary. Can’t wait for the next one.
Brice Ligget
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fine space war

I like this series as much as I like the early Honor Harrington books. If there is one thing the British do well it's tradition and this book brings it in spades. I'm looking forward to future books in this universe.
Reno L
RC McKinney
Dec 11, 2018
Annice
Jan 30, 2019

• Invincible (Ark Royal #12)
  • Nightfall (Blood on the Stars #10)
  • Retaliation (The Frontiers Saga: Part 2: Rogue Castes, #10)
  • Legacy (First Colony #3)
  • Showdown

Ark Royal (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Ark Royal (Ark Royal, #1)
  • The Nelson Touch (Ark Royal, #2)
  • The Trafalgar Gambit (Ark Royal, #3)
  • Warspite (Warspite #1, Ark Royal #4)
  • A Savage War Of Peace (Warspite, #2, Ark Royal, #5)
  • A Small Colonial War (Warspite, #3, Ark Royal, #6)
  • Vanguard (Ark Royal, #7)
  • Fear God and Dread Naught (Ark Royal #8)
  • We Lead (Ark Royal #9)
  • The Longest Day (Ark Royal, #10)