Start by marking “Insolent (Crimson Elite, #4)” as Want to Read:
Insolent (Crimson Elite, #4)

Insolent

(Crimson Elite #4)

Love had cut me in so many ways I wondered if my heart could take any more.

But then I saw him.

He was my boss.

A single father.

And to top it off he was insolent.

I didn’t intend to want him, that wasn’t my objective. But somehow I couldn’t say no.

We shouldn’t have worked, but like witchcraft, I was under his spell.

My heart’s been destroyed before, I’m not sure it can handle h
Published June 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Insolent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Insolent

Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“I see you, Darby.
I see you.”

The last of the enigmatic men of the Crimson Elite and he was worth the wait. He’s the anchor, the fixer and the glue so when he makes a mistake it’s leaves them all shocked. Lured into a pregnancy not everything is as it seems and Darby’s world is forever changed. Coming to terms with his own childhood, his repressed feelings and recognising the triggers for his behaviours Darby wakes up to himself in the course of his story.

Blue is the colour that haunts his drea
Meredith
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah! You guys, this was BY FAR my favorite book in the Crimson Elite series! Darby & Olympia's story absolutely blew my mind and put my poor heart through the ringer, but I loved every single word that I read!

Darby's past comes knocking with some news that turns his world upside down. He certainly didn't see this one coming. He doesn't make mistakes. He is always careful. He is the one responsible for the company running smoothly. He is the glue that fixes everything and holds it all togeth
Na
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
With Insolent T.L. Smith delivers a solid and spicy conclusion to the Crimson Elite series. Darby held on to all his promises and Olympia his perfect match. I really do love Darby, I do love Olympia and I certainly do love them together.
Reading Insolent was great fun and very entertaining. However, I missed the thrill a little, I thought the story overall will catch me more.
Julie
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The forth book in the Crimson Elite series Insolent was a great conclusion to the series and a perfect tale for Darby.
This story brings an unexpected change to Darby life, who’d have thought that a one night stand would bring such joy and he gladly grabs it with both hands, Darby showed a side to himself no one knew existed. He meets Olympia, a bartender in his bar, who likes to mess with his mind and other parts. Their journey is far more complicated. She’s an enigma, but Darby is determined t
Fre06 Begum
Jun 06, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
I’m probably a minority but I really don’t like H having kids with anyone but the h. My fault for not reading the blurb so I won’t rate it as I didn’t finish either.
Teresa Lara
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
U crushed it and me❤grabbed my heart and squeezed.Loved Darby and Blue
Couldn't get enough.Ready for more
Gayle
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've written so many reviews, but I'm going to be completely honest, this one scares me to death, mainly due to the fact that trying to give a rating on perfection is incredibly hard and also because I know that my words could never do Insolent justice. But I'll definitely try....

The Crimson Elite men and their stories have been nothing short of mysterious, edgy, dark and alluring, so I went in with the same mindset that Darby would be the same. A mysterious man who always gets what he wants....
Natalia
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Keri Loves Books
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Dream You Never Dreamt
4.5Stars The perfect ending to this series! Darby and Olympia were fire and ice! This story was emotional, sexy and will tug at the heartstrings.

Darby was elusive. The guy who kept everything running smoothly but lived a solitary life. His life has been turned upside down in more ways than one. He didn’t want her. He just wanted her to go away, yet he couldn’t keep his distance. He couldn’t stop wanting her. He’s her boss, she’s his employee. He’s not supposed to cross
Dorothy Morris
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my Insolent is the best of the Crimson Elite and the most heartbreaking of the books. I did see Darby as a single parent because he is the most closed off of the guys and way is guarded given little away. He and Olympia are made to each other once each let the past go with all the hurt. There is so much hurt and heartbreak that I cried for them both, but it was like he was sent an angel to get him through. They did know it but they needed each other. I loved this book.
Taylor
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uhhhh... tears. Actual freakin tears resulted from reading this book!!! I’m just completely dumbfounded in the best possible way. That was so unexpected and so ugh, I don’t even know!!! It was just pure perfection from start to finish. Not only this book but the entire Crimson Elite men. I’ve loved them all and sad to see them go but the ride was worth it! Thank you, TL Smith!!!
Tammy
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing read in this series! Finally we get Darby's story, and it does not disappoint. Olympia is such a perfect match for Darby, she is strong willed, says what's on her mind, funny and doesn't care about what others think. But both of them have some insecurities they need to overcome if they want a relationship to last. Darby the strong silent planner of all finally realizes there is more to life than work.
Jan
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
4.5 with 5 STARS OVERALL FOR THIS BRILLIANT SERIES BY T.L SMITH

𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑.
𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐄. DARBY'S STORY IS A MUST READ.

This series isn't what I expected at all, as soon as I learned the 4 guys owned an Elite sex club I had thoughts of BDSM and maybe similar story lines to some books I may have read before BUT that wasn't the case at all. Although the Crimson Elite own a sex club all the focus is on each character, their backstory and the women who come into their lives with only parts of what
queen_of_the_books_18
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Insolent is the conclusion to the Crimson Elite series and guys... what a series!

Crimson Elite follows Creed, Echo, Darby and Falcon as they work together running their club Crimson Elite whilst navigating the test of falling in love with the women who bring them to their knees!

Now if any of you read my review for Anguished, you’ll know that Echo is my man... but oh man Darby!! Another one added to my ever growing book boyfriend list.

Darby and Olympia were the perfect couple, the back and for
Alison Chewning
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I really enjoyed reading Insolent. This book is #4 in the Crimson Elite Series. Each book tells different stories of different couples. This was another hot read with some sexy romance thrown in. I liked both of the characters they were both strong and amazing characters to read.
I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book
Valerie
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. But Darby and Olympia May be my favorite! He’s the perfect @sshole who has a good man inside. Throw in a surprise baby/single dad storyline and I’m a goner!! Olympia was amazing. I loved her sass and backbone. Wonderfully written and easy to read! 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤
Karen Sedgman
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a perfect ending to a perfect series! I so loved Darby & Olympia the sexual tension was amazing and their story was perfect! Loved Ma and that certain man maybe getting their HEA! So l loved Darby and Greed they are amazing, but Echo and Falcon will have my heart! A must read about four amazing friends finding their soulmates!
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
description

Blog review

5 ’Blue’ Stars

I’m pretty sure it’s the most common thing I say when it comes to T.L. Smith’s books, but guys, Insolent just gave me LIFE!I may be deep in love with Falcon, but Darby’s story is easily my favorite in the series!Out of all book in the Crimson Elite series, it’s the most complex one.

T.L. Smith’s characters are always real, and it’s no different with Darby and Olympia.They’re hands down my favorite couple of this year.

Oh, how I’m going to miss this Crimson Elite crew! I ne
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions expressed in my review are my own.

This was such a fun read! I was very impressed with the author's voice. The way that she was able to fill this story with so many emotions was delightful!

I found the plot of this story very compelling. I sat down and read this in a single sitting because I just had to know what was going to happen. I needed to connect all the dots i
Juli
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book (given by author)...

I am so sad this is the last book in this series!

I have been interested in Darby’s book for a while especially with that twist in Falcon’s book, Conceited. He was always Mr Rulebook and never let anything touch his friends or his elite club; I mean looked what almost happened to Ariel.

The way this book started off completely tore out a piece of my heart because we finally get some insight to Chloe and why she did what she did to Dar
Robyn Corcoran
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fourth book in the Crimson Elite series is one I have been anticipating with very high expectations, yes that might sound crazy and unrealistic but then again I wasn’t disappointed!

Darby Knox is the extreme ultra alpha male but hey I really like him..not all of his mannerisms or decisions but he is so loveable. Olympia Cavanagh is a sassy young woman, who isn’t afraid to speak her mind and who has a thing for matching drapes with the carpet. 😉 Together they are a sensational couple.

There a
Kimberly Garner
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes. Hands down my favorite book by this author. I knew Darby was going to pack a punch, but...wow. I loved this book so much! I feel like I have been waiting on this book. I am sure the authors intention was to ratchet up the want, and the tension, knowing Darby was going to smoke the rest of them. I just can't get over this book. Olympia was the perfect match for Darby in every way.
Where Darby stepped back, she stepped forward. There was a lot of give and take with the two. Both had th
Jean Dewsbury
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This couples story was heartbreaking emotional and breathtaking all at once. Darby and Olympia's journey will stay with you as it did for me, long after you finish. It has taken awhile to be able to find the words to express the complexity of emotions that leave you after read from was seems like deceit to betray to loss lust and passion and love and strength of their family bond.

Olympia has her own nightmares that she can't seem to be able to outrun, while running into a constant battle with Da
Michelle Krystel
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advance readers copy of this book and have decided to write a voluntary honest review. I can't believe this series is over, I love each everyone of these boys. I pretty upset with Darby In falcon book but I love him all the same. He's been put the through the ringer but he also handled it like the pro he is. I also love Olympia she gave as good as got if not have more lol. I love her sass. Her personality is bc what makes me want to know her. She's also been put through the ringer ...more
Iman
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Donna
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

This book! Where to begin to explain all that is Darby, I mean we have read the other alphas in this series but none have a inch on this strong pig-headed man. How do you explain a man who starts off with no heart at all. But you know inside he possesses a heart that beats big and hard.

This story isn't at all how I thought it would be. How I expected it to be, would have been so much easier to read. This book is hard read really from cover to cover. In saying that Darby meets his match
LianaReads blog
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting for Darby’s book like forever!
This story is more heartbreaking than any other in the series but same great love, lust, and everything in between.Darby deserves his happiness with Blue and they are just perfect together.
I can’t even say what I loved more in this book because it has everything, from the same great writing , great flawed characters even they might seem entitled because of their upbringing, the lust and love and heartbreak that you expect in a beautiful story, has
Lisa
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So sad to see this series end but what an ending it is!! Darby and Olympia's story is by far my favorite in the series. I've said this with each book in the series but he really is my favorite! His standoff, cocky attitude is no match for Olympia who sees right through him "I see you Darby I see you." Darby is the last one you expect to end up a single father and Olympia who had a privileged life has her own demons from the past. I was on a road trip when I read this book and read it from beginn ...more
Tami czenkus
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Insolent just moved it's way to top 3 of my favorite T.L Smith books!!!
Have you ever fallen so completely into a story, that you feel each and every emotion that the author put into the story?? THAT is EXACTLY what happened to me when I read Insolent.
I have awaited Darby's story from the very beginning, so throughout the series we only got bits and pieces of him but we get ALL of him with this installment of The Crimson Elite.
Seeing this story play put from the very beginning RIPPED my heart
Crystal Wilke
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't want this to be the end of the series!!! Maybe there will be a spinoff? 😉

Seriously you have to read the Crimson Elite series. It's worth not adulting to read about these four strong, determined, powerful and sexy as h*** men.

Darby's story was everything I hoped it would and oh so much more. I cried three times!!! Everything happens for a reason, fate has intervened for Darby and Olympia. Find out if Darby will get his HEA.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L. Smith loves to write her characters with flaws so beautiful and dark that you can’t turn away from. Her books have been translated into several languages. If you don’t find her in her home town of Queensland, Australia you can usually find her travelling around the world to sitting on a beach in Bali, to exploring Alcatraz in San Francisco or walking the streets ...more

Crimson Elite (4 books)
  • Cavalier (Crimson Elite, #1)
  • Anguished (Crimson Elite, #2)
  • Conceited  (Crimson Elite, #3)