Start by marking “Skin Hunter” as Want to Read:
Skin Hunter

Skin Hunter

(Skin Hunter #1)

She didn't want to do it... But she was desperate.

Trying to escape the dangerous streets of Old Triton, the buried city, Milla takes the ultimate risk

Could a dead girl's identity be her way out? A ticket to a richer, brighter world high above the muck and gloom of her old life?

Now she's part of a high tech contest, with a prize beyond money, fame and everything she has e
Published June 18th 2019 by Talia Hunter

To ask other readers questions about Skin Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin Hunter

Start your review of Skin Hunter
Fabi
4.5 stars for The best YA dystopian I've read in years.

The Hunger Games meets Avatar.

The world is divided into two livable over-populated sections. This first book focuses on the section called Triton which itself has two levels. The wealthy live in the upper levels and the poor live in the factory ridden lower levels. Milla, our heroine, is a lower level "stinker". A wild twist of fate along with some quick thinking and scrambling gives her an unheard of opportunity to enter an upper level cont
Claude's Bookzone
This is the second book I have read in the last few days that looks at being able to transfer people's consciousness into another body. In this case it is into a human-made, hi-tech and powerful animal skin. The dystopic world is reasonably developed but I felt like the characters were a bit 'forced' at times. As in, 'I am tough, so I will speak in a tough way, using tough sounding words, so you all know my levels of toughness'. I thought the competition concept was cool but we didn't really get ...more
K.S. Marsden
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Milla has always lived the harsh life of a sinker. Now, she has the chance to steal a dead girl's identity, and win more than she could ever dream.

I received a free copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Milla lives in Old Triton, the dangerous, run-down city that squats in the dark foundation of their over-populated country. Milla and other "sinkers" have to fight for work, fight for food and safety. Theirs is a miserable existence, with no chance of improvement. Milla is already
Krystal Fredrick
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved an advanced copy if this book in exchange for an honest review of this book.

I just want to say wow. I was pulled in by the cover of this book. Skin Hunters was not exactly what I expected off the description, but it turned out to be better.

This book turned out to be a modern day Avatar with so much more detail this had me drawn it at the drama and pain at the start of the story with Milla and her desperation to make her own life tolerable just for the sake of her family. Twist of fat
Moony MeowPoff
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just Wow. Hands down 5.stars.

(view spoiler)
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Milla has worked for most of her life so that she can make things better for her family. Every penny she makes goes to her plan of having her family with her again and all of them living a better life than the one they have been dealt. Milla wants nothing more than to have her family back together again. So when that opportunity falls in her lap Milla jumps on with both feet.

Taking the identity of a dead girl could get Milla closer to having her family back if she plays her cards right. All she
Danielle
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! That is the easiest way to describe how I felt about this book. It was a rush of interesting tidbits that built an amazing world around Milla who can be seen training to win a competition that would change her life forever. Now this sounds very familiar and actually quite… boring once you hear it but the minute you delve into the world that Hutley has created you know this book is nothing like the ones you are thinking of. Of course there will be similar premises in many books but as long a ...more
Kim
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Brilliant 5*

For starters I am an avid sci-fi and dystopian fan. I love things set in the future, be it books, films or games - don’t matter I love them.

Initially I was a bit apprehensive about reading this series it gave nothing away until you read it. And wow, I really enjoyed this book especially as I read on chapter after chapter - it is a slow burner but it’s really good!

Hutley has a way with words, she brings these characters to life and makes them feel real. The plot and charac
Philleys Peters
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story this is and it's only the beginning of this dystopian fantasy. I loved Milla's character and I don't blame her one bit for taking advantage of a golden opportunity that would take her away from the dark despair and hopelessness that was her life. A very riveting story with intense emotions and even a sweet romance for Milla and Cale. Although there is a cliffhanger ending, this book is worth reading. Enjoy!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntaril
Elizabeth McDaniel
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. Milla and Cale were so good for each other as they prepared for the competition. This story kept me reading and I did not want to put it down. I definitely have to read the next one because there are just too many variables to imagine what’s going to happen now. Will she get her skin back or does she even need it? Will anything come of her and Cale?

Pat Eroh
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an accidental picking for me to read but I am so glad I did. Sometimes, steep out of your comfort zone I suppose. This book was so compelling I read it straight through (all-nighter). Good thing I am a teacher and off for the summer. I could not put it down. It had fabulous characters and a story so awesome, I can not wait for the next book! Hurry, please!!!

Jenay Sherman
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow—this was an exciting read! I can’t believe the world the author created. So much detail, so realistic, yet futuristic, and so many great details! I enjoyed this very much. This is a great read if you like action, and you like seeing the main character grow and become strong as you read. It truly is like Hunger Games and Avatar, with a bit of The Belles thrown in for good measure. I can’t wait to read the next one!
Aeyva [Reviews by Aeyva]
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

ARC is provided through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Skin Hunter was a light and easy read, with a setting in a futuristic world with technology we can only dream about today. It was a nice break from what I usually read, and I enjoyed it.

First of all, I think the worldbuilding and information given through the story was perfect. We got information as the story progressed, and where it was necessary. How often am I not complaining about info-dumps?
It le
Colby
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley for providing this ARC for an honest review!

I think people have this spot on. It's Hunger Games meets Avatar (the good parts!).

I love sci-fi, and I was auotmaticallyp ulled in by the gorgeous, dark cover. Milla is a young, desperate girl looking forward to a better future out of the shelters and the factory work she has been pulled into. Set in a dystopian world where the rich are rich, and the poor are so poor, they're moved between factories and separated from their famili
Christine Cazeneuve
A good start

Many reviews have stated this book is a mix of the hunger games and avatar and I quite agree. I also agree what a refreshing change of pace to have the main character not be a typical beautiful girl but rather a quite flawed one both inside and out. The book has a good pace and I look forward to continuing on with the series.
Tara
Jan 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-copyright
An interesting sci-fi story that reminded me a tad bit of the Hunger Games. I didn't think there was enough of a solid ending for a first book in a series, and it took quite a while to get to the actual competition. Readers who devour series will be anxiously awaiting the sequel. ...more
Stephanie
Jun 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Action packed read

A bit Golden Compass-y mixed with traditional dystopian YA gladiator combat. An interesting twist on the genre and I'm looking forward to the rest of the trilogy 👍
S.K. Gregory
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable sci-fi read with some interesting world building from the author. I would definitely recommend it.
Carol
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed following Milla as she struggled in a world that wasn't her own to win the ultimate prize freedom for her family ...more
Rick
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent book
Lisa Butterworth
this was a pretty standard YA dystopian book, which I sometimes really enjoy, but this time I just wasn't that into it. ...more
Mark Sawyer
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the story it was easy to get drawn in from the beginning and the end left me wanting more
Jo-Ann
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first in a series, this book is excellent. A captivating story with a bit of 'Hunger Games' flare. I couldn't stop reading it. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Sarah Begg
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!
Leanne Hardy
couldn't finish not for me :( ...more
Izzy  Hix
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting dystopian

This didn't feel like the standard dystopian society. It was very interesting. Dealing with the social classes and gaming the system. YA.
Jackie
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous first book in this outstanding fantasy series. Taking a dead girl’s identity to have a new life is exciting or is it. Don’t miss out.
Madeleine
May 05, 2020
Bookie
May 06, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Adaptive (The Elite Trials #2)
  • Reactive (The Elite Trials #1)
  • Immersive (The Elite Trials #3)
  • Flow (Flow #1)
  • Break (Flow #2)
  • Quell (Flow #4)
  • Irrelevant (Relevance #1)
  • Breaking: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #2)
  • Rising: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #1)
  • The Pairings (The Pairings, #1)
  • Drift (Flow #3)
  • Falling: After the Thaw (The Thaw Chronicles, #3)
  • Irreverent (Relevance #2)
  • Irradiate (Relevance #3)
  • Julia's Journey (Ever After EMP #2)
  • Broadcast
  • The Resistance (The Programme Trilogy #2)
  • Pink: Omnibus Edition (Lens #1)

Skin Hunter (3 books)
  • Skin Rebellion (Skin Hunter, #2)
  • Skin Dominion (Skin Hunter, #3)