Start by marking “Scar Tissue: And Other Stories” as Want to Read:
Scar Tissue: And Other Stories

Scar Tissue: And Other Stories

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
It's all about scars and what they mean.

Old myths made new.

Poems for those who've passed.
Tales of the lost and found.

Rarely seen stories, reprinted.
Brand new stories - in new places and familiar words.

Scar Tissue and other stories.

Holmes ♥ Watson
Ravenfall
Kitty and Cadaver
The Vampires of Melbourne
Holmes + Watson
Published April 5th 2019 by Clan Destine Press

To ask other readers questions about Scar Tissue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scar Tissue

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Scar Tissue: And Other Stories
Julie Bozza
I already knew that Narrelle M. Harris is an excellent storyteller, and I very much enjoyed reading her earlier anthology, Showtime. This collection is even better, I think. It's a delightful mix of stories and styles, and yet they're all inimically *hers*.

Some of the stories build on or offer prequels to Narrelle's novels, but can be read as stand-alones. I can promise you that, as I am familiar with about half of the other content referenced here! Narrelle won't leave you hanging there withou
Rohase Piercy
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's always lovely to read a collection of short stories by a really good writer. It's a chance to appreciate the writer's versatility as well as confirm their main interests, techniques and writing style. This collection from Narrelle M Harris doesn't disappoint! It is, she says in the introduction, inspired by two ideas - hidden histories (both real and imagined), and scars.
Scars, of course are both signs of both hurt and survival - hidden histories in themselves! And from the title story onwa
Claudia
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
This is a strange array of short stories. They are all different, they all have very different characters, some of them you might know (Holmes and Watson!), others, you might have been waiting to know them (Kitty and Cadaver origin story), or be complete strangers, but oh, they are all so compelling!

And their stories are interesting, some painful, some hopeful, some funny; there are apocalypses, and vampires, humans and werewolves. There are even a couple of poems. And oh, god, I love them, all
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
An odd collection of tales...in a good way. Some characters I knew and others were a discovery. We venture in the paranormal world with a host of 'people' out of the norm. Vampires are always my fave. I highly recommend this book of short stories.
Narrelle
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Val
Dec 24, 2019
Emma
Jun 10, 2020

• The Affair of the Mysterious Letter
  • Hither, Page (Page & Sommers, #1)
  • Mythos: The Greek Myths Retold (Stephen Fry's Great Mythology, #1)
  • The Nice and Accurate Good Omens TV Companion
  • Girt (The Unauthorised History of Australia #1)
  • Blood Relations
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • No Tomorrow (Killing Eve, #2)
  • The Librarian
  • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
  • Codename Villanelle (Killing Eve, #1)
I grew up in a home bursting with books. My father was in the Royal Australian Air Force – we moved roughly every three years – and my parents were passionate advocates of reading and the importance of access to a library of ideas, no matter where we lived.

Between a childhood spent on the move yet steeped in literature, and a naturally dramatic personality, it’s no surprise I became a storyteller.

News & Interviews