Start by marking “The Broken Prince” as Want to Read:

(The Broken Prince #1)

In all the fairy tales the maiden falls in love with the prince...but she has to remember that this isn’t a fairy tale.

Born into a kingdom where those of magical Gifts are rejected, feared, and even killed, Serena has spent her life striving to hide her ability and keep her younger brother safe.

The bastard son of the hated king and father he hardly knows, Prince Milos
212 pages
Published June 3rd 2019 by Indie

To ask other readers questions about The Broken Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Broken Prince

Start your review of The Broken Prince
Elizabeth Dragina
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
*dies because I flipped a page and it was the end*

I NEED TO TALK ABOUT ALL THE STUFFS.

So. I'm feeling very conflicted right now over the quality of the writing. I found typos. :P I also felt that the pacing was off....often. The emotional scenes that needed more depth to make me feel for the characters were rushed and not given enough attention. I think that someone with an eye for detail and a feel for pacing should have gone over the book with Kara before she released it.

Had that happened I
Abigail
I want - no NEED - a squel. Please tell me that there is going to be a squel. That ending killed me and my heart. Oh my word, I wish hit hard in the feels.

It has been a while since I've read a fantasy novel and this book made me realize why I love them so much. The world building and plot always have me in by the first page.

This book was amazing. I read it in maybe two hours, if that. The plot and chracters had me from page one.

Speaking of characters can we please just talk about these amazin
Gray Cox
Read full review + aesthetics on my blog here: https://graymariewrites.blogspot.com/...

I am not one for fantasy, but this book swept me off my feet!

The characters are heartfelt and beautifully real. The world was vivid and so well described it was almost tangible.

AND CAN I JUST MENTION ALL OF THE CONFLICT IN THIS BOOK?! I was constantly on the edge of my seat.

I only have two complaints:

1. The diction. Typical fantasy diction is not my favorite, I find it distracting and it slows down the pacing
Brooke Riley
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Word.

This book...

It's so beautiful. Proper review to come when I collect my shattered heart.

10/2/19 Review

Wow.

I am left speechless by this book. This book...

When I started this book, I wasn't quite impressed right away. It took me a little while to get into it, only because I'm not much of a fantasy reader and there were a few typos that turned me off. (I'm sorry, I know, I'm so ridiculous about typos and grammar. Ugh, ignore me about that, typos happen, people, it's okay.)

Anyway, as I c
Jessica
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

What I liked:
- I liked how it was set in a small village and there was a castle and all those sort of fascinating medieval things. Later on, there was a lot of time spent outside, and that was good too.
- The characters were my favourite. The three main ones: I felt like we were friends. I felt for them and what they were going through, and wished I could step into the story and tell them it would be alright. And the way they opened up and grew and their stories came out througho
Kara Linaburg
Aug 27, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
*Ahem*
So why am I reviewing my own book?
Because...
Humans have asked about my book's content...
So I am bringing answers.
The Broken Prince is my first Indie published novel, the genre being YA (light) fantasy with a touch of romance, magic, and the power of human love. For those concerned about negative content there is a couple instances of profanity as well as the British use of "bloody."
The romance is down to a couple kisses and basically...I didn't want to focus on the physical side of the
Hannah Joy  S.
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Oooooh my goodness!
I have to write this review in bullet points or it will only be a mess.
1. I WANT A SEQUEL!
2. WHY, WHY, WHY did that certain thing happen?(can't tell because spoilers!)
3. This book was out of my comfort zone as in I don't read fantasy much if at all, but surprisingly I quite enjoyed it!
4. I adored Kara's writing! It was perfect! Give me pretty nature descriptions, unique words and I am in love!
5. All the names were so good and unique, I mean: Milosh and Elston? So cool! And Sin
Angela Watts
STORY

A light fantasy full of beloved characters! It was easy to read and dealt with important topics such as a fear, being true to ourselves, and loyalty. The story was solid and I enjoyed watching things unfold. If you want a beautiful story that deals with tough aspects in gentle way, try this one out.

THEMES

Themes of fear, being true to ourselves, loyalty... This little book tackles a great deal! If you want a delightful story of second chances... this is it. I enjoyed the themes of redemption
Sarah Cnossen
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full review: https://sarah-plainandaverage.blogspo...

[I was provided an ARC (advanced reader copy) by the author in exchange for my honest review.]

{The Basics}
I LOVED being amazed when I find incredible debuts from new authors. This story is no exception! The characters were beautifully broken, flawed, amazing people. The story was easy to follow & engaging, and I so enjoyed the simple concept of the magic system!

Serena has the Gift of fire---she's able to summon flames from her fingertips! But
Abigail
Did I intend to stay up til almost 3 in the morning reading this? No. Did I? Oh heck yeah.

I loved how nostalgic this was for me. This kind of book was my JAM between the ages of 11 and 14. And here was a brand new one perfect for a grown-up me, full of intrigue and swordplay and potential treason. My favorite things. xD
One of the big things I loved about this book is the portrayal of sibling love. Serena goes on this adventure for the main reason of keeping Hunter safe, even though he's perfe
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read written by Kara Lindaburg. I was impressed.

The Broken Prince is set in a fictional world. They are members of society who possess different gifts. This sets them apart and has lead to fear and persecution.

The story begins as Serena's brother, Hunter, is forced to go into the service of the King. At 15 he is considered old enough to be trained as a soldier and fight in a war. Serena is "gifted" with the ability to create fire. If discovered, she could be execut
Rose (Adventurous Bookworm)
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm always impressed when an author publishes a novel at a young age so when Kara reached out to me about reviewing this, I jumped at the chance.
I'm so thankful that I did because this book was such a gem. The plot was so unique and the characters were well-developed. Prince Milosh was definitely a morally grey character and I enjoyed learning about how he came to be who he was. I loved the sibling relationship between Serena and her brother Hunter. They meant the world to each other and it was
Emily Grant
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
(FULL DISCLOSURE I actually finished reading this on January 2, not December 31, but DON'T JUDGE ME I just desperately didn't want it counted onto my 2020 reading challenge because I started it in 2019 *cries*)

So, I didn't know what to expect from this indie book. I really don't think I've ever read an indie before, so I kind of had this (unfair) vision of low-quality writing and maybe even story. And while I had no reason to expect that from the author, my blogger friend Kara, I was prepared fo
Bekah C
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was so good! Serena and Milosh were great protagonists. Full of strengths and weaknesses, both had well done character arcs. The world was pretty well fleshed out, and while I wouldn't necessarily want to live there, my time there while reading the book was pleasant and full of reality.
I can't wait for the next one! Good work Kara!
MovieCritic
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, fantasy
I got a free copy in exchange for an honest review. These opinions are my own.

I had been in a bit of a reading slump before I read this. It was rare if I had actually liked one of the books that I had read in the last six months. This book is a gleaming ray of light! I read it really quickly and couldn't put it down. Kara's messages are deep and real and I think that everyone should hear them!

[Read my full review here: https://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/...]
Naomi Kenyon
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay. So many feelings right now as I write this review.

First off, I am not the biggest fan when it comes to full on fantasy. Let's just say I am more of a contemporary and dysphoria girl, and a pinch of sci-fi or fantasy.

But, oh my word, this book was SO GOOD I hardly realized it wasn't my first pick genre!
The characters, description, story, theme . . . I loved it all. I admit, it took me a little while to get into it (which is not the writer's fault, AT ALL! After not reading a whole book a
Sienna
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*DISCLAIMER: The author of this book gave me an early copy, in exchange for my honest review.*
This book was very good! You can see Kara's heart in her writing and it was very neat. This is a Christian, medieval, fantasy romance. It was not preachy, which was wonderful. I enjoyed the story and the characters a lot, but I have a couple suggestions that would have made them better. The individual characters were well done, but I felt the relationship developed without enough reason why. I like the
Lauren D. Fulter
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off, The Broken Prince was AMAZING.
I read it in nearly two days and it was impossible to put down. The writing style was clear, and set in a fictional world still ground enough into our own reality to really feel as though it was real.
I love morally grey characters, and Milosh took it to a whole new level.
Truly going back and forth with what he believes to be is right, and even by the end of the book still struggles. His character is raw and gripping, and definitely by the reason you shoul
Hanne T
This was such a fun book! I've "known" Kara online for several years, and I'm super excited for her to be sharing her book with the world!

To start off, there were some technical difficulties with my copy of the book: I caught several typos, and I think there were some line breaks that should've existed but didn't? I'm fairly certain these have been fixed now, but they were a little bit distracting and confusing.

Other than that, however, I really enjoyed the story! The main character, Serena, was
Mrs. Openanated
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Kara’s debut novel is captivating and powerful. Though her characters and storyline might seem stereotypical – a headstrong female protagonist thrown in an unlikely adventure with a troubled, brooding male – she fleshes out her characters, their fears, and their flaws.

In her medieval fantasy novel, Kara flawlessly weaves together action and dialogue, keeping up the pace of the story for exciting scenes, but not neglecting characte
Sanonna
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 stars

Disclaimer: I’m friends with the author, but that in no way affected my opinion of the book- I promise!😀

I’m FINALLY getting around to reviewing this beautiful book!

This was such a good book! I really enjoyed the story, and I found myself finishing the book within a few days because I was intrigued with what would happen next! That’s pretty big because I can sometimes forever to finish a book even if it’s really good.

The characters were awesome. Serena and Milosh are such intere
Meagan Myhren-bennett
The Broken Prince #1
By Kara Linaburg

Prince Milosh is bidding his time - not taking sides in the conflict between his father and the people he has subjugated to his rule. Ripped from the only home he has ever known by a father he didn't know he had, Milosh finds himself both needed and hated by King Thayer. Forced by the king to carry out his decrees or face more time being punished, Milosh finds himself falling into the darkness that is all too ready to consume him. But when he
Jane
Sep 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Sometimes doing what is right is the hardest thing to do.
We are all broken in some way. The Broken Prince by Kara LInaburg is a well-written fantasy with broken main characters. We all deserve a second chance - something Serena believes about the prince who has treated her people poorly. Readers will be intrigued by the “Gifted” in this story. We don’t get very much description about the different gifts just what a couple of them are.
The Broken Prince has many elements of fantasy - an epic jou
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
Aug 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one I picked it up for a tour i'm in.

So at the beginning of the book it did have an interesting plot line and the characters so far in were very mild at that point for me.

It did had a good pace in the drama this characters were in and the motivations were a little unclear yet for me, since I did feel something were more supposed to be a way and were an entirely different thing, so much like we are in normal life.

By the end the character development pick up nicely at last since I wasn't rea
Naomi Downing
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the first things that stood out to me was how well Kara was able to incorporate problems that are going on in todays world, and to put them into a medieval-type of fantasy world. It was refreshing… It was so nice to be able to understand that type of world without getting into the political problems we are facing. Close enough to shed light and be similar, but far enough apart that it’s still enjoyable!
One of the things I didn’t care about as much was it seemed like the story was dragging
Korin
Colleen Forbes
Sep 20, 2020
Caesara
Mar 06, 2020

• Line by Line (Love along the Wires, #1)
  • Seven Ways to Kill a King
  • 100 Days of Sunlight
  • The Genesis of Seven (The Empyrean Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadow Unbound
  • Legend Undone
  • To Sketch a Sphinx (London League, #6)
  • Alphabet Squadron (Star Wars: Alphabet Squadron, #1)
  • Realms of Fae and Shadow
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • Beguiled (The Fairest Maidens, #2)
  • Black Spire (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #2)
  • Widows of Somerset
  • Queen's Peril (Star Wars)
  • The Divided Nation (The Infidel Books #1)
  • Nine
  • When You Are Near (Brookstone Brides #1)
  • The Dragon Tamer (Alveria Dragon Akademy, #1)
I'm Kara and welcome to my corner of the world!
I'm a YA author and blogger who, when you can't find me being a disaster in the kitchen, will probably be taking long walks or rereading my favorite books which are basically of every genre possible. I make up really corny jokes, love a good debate, and watching sunsets is wonderful therapy.

//misfit
//book collector
//sunset watcher
//old soul
//authe

The Broken Prince (2 books)
  • The Crownless King