Start by marking “Prom-Wrecked” as Want to Read:
Prom-Wrecked

Prom-Wrecked

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  48 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Their prom night ended in a jail cell with forty of their closest friends. But that’s hardly the worst thing that happened to them…

Published May 6th 2019 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Teen)

To ask other readers questions about Prom-Wrecked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prom-Wrecked

really liked it 4.00  ·

Carrie
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Prom-Wrecked by T.H. Hernandez is a young adult contemporary romance that really puts Murphy’s Law to the test, prom style. The story is told from different points of view of Riley and Catherine as they try to save prom night.

The book actually begins with a brief glimpse of the teens in jail after prom before taking readers back through the months leading up to the big event. You would think the worse for these teens is when they learn prom is going to be canceled but oh no, things only go downh
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Prom-Wrecked was absolutely adorable and impossible to put down! The characters leaped off of the pages and the story constantly had me wondering what was going to happen next. Between the characters and the scenes that made me smile, I loved this book! So if you adore ya romance with complicated friendships, swoon worthy guys, epic disasters and a story that will touch your heart, then definitely pick up Prom Wrecked!
“Please tell me prom isn’t destroyed. Again,” I whisper to myself - Riley

On
D.M.
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Prom-Wrecked is the ultimate story of organising Morp. That’s Prom spelt backwards.

The organiser of Prom has missed the mark when it comes to fundraising. Riley, with the push of her friend decides to take over the event. An unlikely team are put together to save the day.

What I like about this story is that it’s told from two girls point of views rather than the love interests POV. Catherine and Riley have a history. Now all the signs are there for Riley being interesting in Catherine’s boyfrie
Schizanthus
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
“C’mon, Riley. It’s not like we’ll end up in jail over prom.”
Famous last words. That’s exactly what happens! Prom-Wrecked begins with a bunch of the kids who attended prom (affectionately called ‘morp’ in this book) in a jail cell. What follows is an account of the two disastrous months leading up to morp, told by two of the main characters, Evil Skater Girl and Morp Queen. This book is essentially Murphy’s Law: Prom Edition.

Morp Queen and House of Lock have been the ‘it’ couple at school for
Zøe Haslie
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
· “I’ll miss knowing he’s always close by, even if he’s not really mine.”

*I got an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

I love Prom. I really do. That’s why when I saw this title in Netgalley, I didn’t hesitate. And boy am I glad!

Hamilton High senior students are having the worst time trying to have their school senior prom. And, after it gets oficially canceled, they decide to take matters into their own hands, raising the money and making all the necessary arrengements themselv
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. The opinions in my review are my own.

This book was an adventure. I don't think that I've ever said that about a contemporary book before, but it truly fits this book. This book is about a bunch of seniors trying to save their prom. They navigate through mishaps, catastrophes, and triumphs trying to get their prom planned. All the while characters are learning how to use their voi
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prom-Wrecked is a great read. It prom season and I'm seeing people post about their kids going to prom all over Facebook so I was like ok I'm going to read a book that has a prom in it. This one had me hooked from beginning to end. The first chapter had me hooked. It starts with 11pm on prom night and all the kids are in a jail cell. I had to know what happened for them all to end up there and we get that because Chapter two starts with two months before the prom. I had expected to have the book ...more
Pascale
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading in this writer’s style because the descriptions allowed me to picture everything in my head like a movie; I really felt like I saw everything being described. It was very well written and I enjoyed the author’s style.
The alternating POV between the two teen girls was definitely something different and I appreciated the effort at originality. I always enjoy first person narrative as well, to me, it feels more personal and it draws me into the story more.
This book is well edited.
Sarah (Cover to Cover Reviews)
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW

I'll be honest, I mostly requested this book off of NetGalley out of boredom. I didn’t know if I’d like it much but thought it sounded mildly amusing, so when I found myself genuinely enjoying it, I was pleasantly surprised. Prom-Wrecked doesn’t have a lot to say – it tries in a few instances to send a message, but it’s actually far better at doing so when it doesn’t appear to be trying – but it’s fun, sort of like the book equivalent of a rom-com. All of the characters are quite lovable a
Cookie O'Gorman
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! At the heart of this book are two ex-best friends, Riley and Catherine, each who discovers her own tenacious spirit. The romance was swoony, and the boys, gah! Jordon and Owen have my heart. Prepare to fall in love with two of the best book boyfriends I’ve read in a while.

Awesome plot, great characters, and a book boyfriend or two who I wish were real. Prom has never been so outrageously fun and laugh-out-loud hilarious!

Thank you T.H. Hernandez and Jennifer DiGiovanni for writing this
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Prom-Wrecked by T.H. Hernandez and Jennifer DiGiovanni

Read: 04/17-04/19

Publication Date: May 6, 2019

When the principal announces prom is canceled this year, senior Riley Hart is determined to save it. Armed with little more than her own enthusiasm, she ends up working closely with Owen Locklear, who is more than completely off-limits. Because he’s the boyfriend of he
Lynndell
Event after event of chaos!
Thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Teen for the opportunity to read and review Prom-Wrecked by T. H. Hernandez and Jennifer DiGiovanni!
The opening, showing the ragged and imprisoned state of the teen prom attendees, made me curious and the book didn’t let me down. The group of prom planners and prom goers dealt with a mountain of tumultuous events before the prom ever started and then prom was eventful with completely different issues. The characters are realistic, over
Jenny
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, netgalley
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

The premise of this was really fascinating and the book lives up to it.

The book was told in Riley's point of view and her ex-BFF Catherine's, which I did not expect but I liked that it shows both their points of view on everything. Different POV's can be quite confusing if the characters and their voices aren't developed well enough but for me, each of them had a distinct voice and the different POV's gave readers insight on what each charact
Fizza
Shelves: ya-books
It's a fun read, I enjoyed the story and especially loved how it's told. Riley is trying to save the prom because it isn't something that can be canceled. Every school has it and theirs will too. If no one steps in then they must save it themselves and that is how a bunch of teenagers ended up in a jail cell. I think that this is a very well-written book and has some of the most interesting characters that I have encountered in fiction. I loved it and would recommend it to all YA fans.
Kendal
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was like getting two books in one. The book is told from the points of view of Catherine and Riley. They each want porm to happen for their own reasons, but things keep happening to prevent prom.
This book takes the time honored tradition of prom, and turns it on its head. It's a wonderfully told story that proves even with all the planning in the world, not everything will go as planned. I lookforward to reading more from both these authors.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. I really liked that the story was written from the 2 girls pov. I really liked the writing. Prom-Wrecked was my first book by this author but I really love to read more.

I voluntarily reviewed an Reader Copy of this book which I received through
Netgalley.
Tara
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun, light hearted read, told from the POV of two girls. Interesting and fun, nice characters, not taxing or heavy.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Yahaira
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received an arc of this book from entangled publishing via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Okay. Books told in alternating point of views tend to be confusing but this one actually flowed pretty well. I appreciate the fact that there weren't any time jumps and just continued on from the previous chapter.

This book was SO GOOD i could not put it down.

This book was full of humor, especially when it came to the chapters narrated by Riley. The other chapters were narrated by Catherine
Emma Kiely
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want to thank Netgalley for providing me an Arc of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This book was amazing.
I laughed so much reading this book it was honestly amazing.
I got invested in all of the characters and felt their pain when everything just kept going completely wrong.
Riley is an amazing main character and I love her story and character development.
The plot was amazing I was on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next.
It was hilarious without being ridi
Tamara
*I received a free copy of this ebook from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Maybe 3.5 stars. This was a cute book, and I enjoyed reading it.

The chapters alternated between two senior girls, Riley and Catherine, who used to be best friends. Something happened in eighth grade that broke their friendship apart, but what happened isn't revealed until later in the book. Catherine is a popular cheerleader who loves acting, though her mother expects her to become a lawyer. She and her bo
Jerrye Bell
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Prom Wrecked by T. H. Hernandez and Jennifer DiGiovanni

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

______________________________________________________________________________

Story Notes

T.H. Hernandez and Jennifer DiGiovanni offer readers a glimpse into the last few weeks of high school for a group of young friends who are hoping to have the prom they’ve always wanted – no matter what stands in their way.

This story was really well written for its subject and target age. Often I find YA books to be very immature a
Malka
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
3 Stars

I received this book from Entangled Teen through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Hello and welcome to my review of Prom-Wrecked! I originally picked up this book because of the super intriguing premise. I mean it’s about a prom that lands the senior class in jail! If that’s not intriguing I don’t know what is!

I originally wanted to read this book because of all the fun drama that the synopsis promised me, but I’m starting to learn that maybe I don’t actually enjoy dramatics in
Amy
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sometimes it takes a moment to make you realize that you are bigger than how you perceived yourself. For Riley, that moment comes when her principal cancels prom. She takes control in a “not on my watch” kind of way, which goes completely against how she typically would respond. As Riley herself observes, she’s a great second-in-command. She’s not an in command.

It helps that Owen, a guy Riley has had a crush on for forever, wants to be involved. She assumes it’s because his girlfriend Catherine,
Viv
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
So, straight up - I wasn't sure if I liked this novel at first, and it took me a little while to get into this book - but oh boy did I get into it. This was one of those novels that kept me reading and reading and reading (once I got into it).
Overall:
This is a lovely, cute and light story, told from several perspectives centring on, you guessed it, prom. The story arguably centres on Riley and Owen, with a little side story involving Catherine. It was probably everything I love in a story - sho
Michelle (Firstbooklove)
(I received a free eARC from NetGalley via Xpresso Book Tours for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own)

Book review: Prom-wrecked by T.H. Hernandez & Jennifer DiGiovanni (4 stars)

Prom-wrecked by T.H. Hernandez & Jennifer DiGiovanni
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Rating: 4/5 stars

(Review)
(DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

When Prom is cancelled, Riley is determined to save her senior year. She teams up with Owen, who is completely off limits
Ruthsic
Prom-Wrecked is a story about high school seniors trying to have a prom while everything in the universe is going against them. When I first started the book, the first chapter made me think this might be a comedy, so my hopes were up; it wasn't, but even with that disappointment it was still a good book. It is low on drama (leaves it well until the climax scene) and low on angst and is just instead about teens trying very hard to get something done in an area they don't have much expertise in. ...more
Diah R
May 06, 2019 rated it liked it
(I received a digital ARC via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

2.5 stars rounded up

Prom-Wrecked started fabulously with the unknon-chaos that wrecked the prom. After, it went downhill tho.

Prom-wrecked united several misfit kids, with your-run-in-the-mill stereotypes to save their cancelled prom. You got your jock, queen-bee, wanna-bee, drama kids, and (sorta) nerds.
The scene was opened near the end, where everything definitely went wrong. Then, we took a few step back on months b
Merel
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I received this book via netgalley.

What started as a plan to save the school's prom, ended with a night in jail.
When prom seems to get cancelled, Riley steps up and takes on the role of prom committee leader. With the help of her classmates she tries to save prom, but she could not foresee all the obstacles that come in their way. Yet, Riley is determined to make prom happen.

I requested this b
Towrin
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I requested for this ARC hoping for a light and easy read. I wasn't disappointed. But this wasn't one of those ARCs that exceed your expectations or blow your mind even. It was just alright.

The plot is pretty straight forward. After senior prom gets canceled due to funding problems, Riley decides to take matters into her own hands, with help from her friends to organize prom.

I don't really have much to say about this book.

Things I liked - Alternate POVs of the former best friends Riley and Cathe
Jesssiereads
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Prom-wrecked an adorable sweet read. Its a YA romance with dual POV of ex-bffs. It starts off in an unlikely place which captured my interest from the page one.

Riley is basically trying to save prom from being completely cancelled. She's passionate but still self-conscious. During school she's been apart of school activities but never has been the one to be leader. She's also crushing on Owen.

Catherine is the popular cheerleader. The one destined to be the future prom queen. She's also Owen's gi
T.H. Hernandez is a published author of young adult novels. THE UNION, a futuristic dystopian adventure, was a finalist in the 2015 San Diego book awards in the Young Adult Fiction category. SUPERHERO HIGH, an urban scifi teenage romance, set in San Diego. Her first young adult contemporary co-written with Jennifer DiGiovanni, PROM-WRECKED, releases May 6, 2019.

She thrives on coffee of any kind, t