Start by marking “Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)

Twisted Twenty-Six

(Stephanie Plum #26)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  30,022 ratings  ·  3,192 reviews
Stephanie Plum's career has taken more wrong turns than a student driver on the Jersey Turnpike, and her love life is a hopeless tangle. In order to save someone dear to her, she'll have to straighten things out in Twisted Twenty-Six the latest, novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Janet Evanovich.

Grandma Mazur is a widow...again. This time her marriage last
Published November 12th 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Twenty-Six, please sign up.
Vicki The age 57 thing was as Cindi said the author being sly. If you reread that section, Stephanie says something to the effect of, “did I just say I was …moreThe age 57 thing was as Cindi said the author being sly. If you reread that section, Stephanie says something to the effect of, “did I just say I was 57? I’m not 57.”

Time is only moving on for us, not the residents of the Burg.(less)

·  30,022 ratings  ·  3,192 reviews

Start your review of Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have a conspiracy theory so bear with me.

I don't know who wrote this book but it wasn't Janet and here's why:
1. Stephanie finally admits she's in over her head with men in her life. Like she's legit thinking of how messed up the whole thing is.
2. She's finally admitting that the bond agent's life is not for her. She's sick of being constantly surrounded by shit individuals and of being blown up/kidnapped/stabbed/shot at, etc.
3. Gran is having a personality transplant with her being all wise
James
Stephanie Plum is just pure fun. The books are always enjoyable, even if they are a bit formulaic. It works, I laugh, so I like them a lot. Janet Evanovich knows how to keep them interesting, and even though there are a few repetitive techniques, it's still something I find myself keen to read at the end of the day. Today... after a disappointing book, I needed a sure-thing, and Twisted Twenty-Six provided the relief.

Stephanie's grandmother, Grandma Edna Mazur, remarried in between books. Her hu
Luffy
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The records show that I read the first book in this series and gave it 2 stars. Well, I don't remember a single thing about that book. But this one, the latest one, got 5 stars.

I thought that as each occurrence's impact lessened, another event came crashing through. This meant that there was hardly a case of boredom. The pacing was perfectly dosed.

As a new fan of this series, it seems a bit rich for me to be recommending this book to hardened and loyal fans. But this recommendation is addressed
Anita
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-cozy, audio
There is no better way to spend a fall afternoon than with the new Stephanie Plum book. As always, Steph blows up a car, has mind blowing sex with Joe (cozy style, of course) and Ranger makes Steph . . . wonder. Wonderful and entertaining and laugh out loud funny. I split my time between the e-book and the audio and the audio was the best I have ever heard.

When Stephanie Plum's Grandma Mazur takes a trip to the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas with retired mobster Jimmy Rosolli, Grandma and Jimmy
PamG
TWISTED TWENTY-SIX by Janet Evanovich is the twenty-sixth book in the Stephanie Plum mystery series. Grandma Mazur married a local gangster, Jimmy Rosolli. Unfortunately, 45 minutes later, he dies of a heart attack. Jimmy was the "keeper of the keys" and his fellow gangsters believe he passed them to Grandma Mazur as he was dying.

This series is one of my fun comfort reads. I always enjoy spending time with Stephanie, her parents, Grandma Mazur, Morelli, Ranger, Lula, Connie, Rex and Bob. There a
Calista
This book felt a little different than the others. Stephanie actually complained about her life and she wanted to do something else, she is tired of her crazy everyday life. Will she? I doubt it. I can't see Janet wrapping up her cash cow.

The last book ended with Grandma Mazur getting married down in FL. Stephanie flies down to get her and we see that her husband died playing the slots. They were married like 36 hours. Supposedly he had some keys that all the mob people back home want, so everyo
Tim
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Quirky. Barely professional. Too much silliness to be taken seriously. No more Ms. Plum for me, thank you. 3 of 10 stars
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
I was slightly hesitant to read #26 because I wasn't a huge fan of #25, and I was afraid that the magic might be gone... but I really enjoyed it! I laughed out loud throughout the book and loved that Grandma was a big part of the story. The Stephanie Plum series will always be one of my favorites
Linda Wells
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Twisted Twenty-Six will please all Stephanie Plum fans. I love all the characters: Grandma Mazur, Stephanie’s parents, Connie, Vinnie, Lula, Morelli, Ranger, Rex, and Bob. Stephanie seems to have decided Morelli is “the one,” but Ranger is still in the picture.

“It was that Ranger emits a sexual pull that is hard to ignore. He enters my field of vision and I get a rush. If I’m at arm’s length and close enough to get a hint of his shower gel or feel his body heat, I’m in serious danger of turning
Allie
May 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Looking at my previous reviews (25, 24, 23, 22, 21, and 20) you all know where I stand. This book seems to focus a bit more on Grandma, which should be fun as she wasn't in 25 enough for a lot of readers... but I really hope Evanovich (or her ghost writer?) moves away from the terribly formulaic mess the most recent books have all been and mixes things up a bit! I guess we will find out in November... or later as I will be once again be waiting for a library copy. ...more
Sabine
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, usa-new-jersey
Before Look Alive Twenty-Five I was ready to give up on Stephanie Plum but that was a surprising good read. And now Twisted Twenty-Six got me really hooked again and I can't wait for number 27 to be released. This was such a fun read. Yes, it was crazy but it wasn't so crazy that it was off-putting. I had an absolute great time with it and highly recommend it to all original Plum fans.
Pamela
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, fiction
I was not going to review this, but I got such a kick out the author's slight digs at some of the negative reviews from the last novel. The story itself is a hilarious romp with Grandma Mazur, but we find Stephanie questioning her lifestyle, is there more than this job, is she a loser, a tramp? Also, in a distracted state, she tells Lula she is 56, which she would be if you calculate her age from the first novel in 1994 to today. All I can say is she has aged well and still makes me laugh.
Kelly_Hunsaker_reads ...
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes, these books are formulaic and predictable. But, Ranger and Morelli are still hot. Lula is still outrageous. Stephanie is still a likable mess. Her mom is still an anxious bundle of nerves. Her dad is still an old-fashioned guy. And grandma Mazur is still the best side kick ever. I laugh out loud when reading these books. Sometimes predictable is just fun.
Kiki Z
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2-5-stars
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this one. These books have always been formulaic, and I expect it, and in a lot of ways, this book felt like one of the earlier ones, a true return to form. On the other hand, it also feels like all the worst things about the series are present: Stephanie being unhappy with her life but not enough to change it, Lula and Stephanie's incompetence (which feels like it's being played for laughs but hasn't been funny for several books; they were better in earlie ...more
Dianne
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, re-read, 2020
Now, THIS is the type of Stephanie Plum book I have come to know and love -I love the mobster theme, I love the fact that she isn't losing cars left and right. I love the fact that this has to do with Grandma...and I even love the fact that these last two books (this one included) have cliff hangers. Not huge ones but ones that will lead to the next book.

I got some belly laughs, I had the sinking feeling of horror just like when I read the very first Plum book, I got very involved in what was go
Sandee
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! In my opinion this is the best book in the last several years. Stephanie and Lula are back at capturing bail jumpers with all the humour and excitement of the series origins. There is also a little bit of darkness which again took me back to those first books in the series. Organized crime, family in danger and lots of donuts. I enjoyed every minute.
Carmen Vande Stroet
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What's not to love? Another Stephanie Plum escapade, with the sizzle of Ranger and the comic relief of Lulu this is another book that you wont be able to put down.
Jeanne Adamek
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scott
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Readers and fans of Janet Evanovich know what you get with a Janet Evanovich “Stephanie Plum” book. An independent, pretty girl, a couple of hunky guys – Moretti and Ranger - to team up with, and an adventure full of mystery and silly zaniness. Solving the mystery usually involves visiting different locations, lots of overwhelmingly crazy characters (especially Grandma Mazur), and comical situations throughout the quest. There is lots of teasing and innuendo between the Stephanie and the hunky g ...more
Lisa
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Evanovich’s clear and clever writing draws you in and then delivers a knockout punch.

SUMMARY

Bounty-hunter Stephanie’s Plum grandma just got married. She married a local Trenton, New Jersey gangster named Jimmy Rosolli. But before the wedding day was even over Grandma Mazur was a widow. Jimmy dropped dead of a heart attack on the floor of the casino, right in front of the slot machine he was playing just 45 minutes after the nuptials.

Things turn dangerous for Grandma Masur when Jimmy’s former “
Vicki Willis
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2019
AAAAhhhhh, back to the Stephanie Plum we all love. Lots of Grandma Mazur and Lulu. Some Morelli, Ranger and even Rex, the hamster. There was some ironing (on Stephanie's mom's part), family dinners and even a waving of the meat fork. Throw in some funeral viewings and an explosion and everything is right in the world. Fans of the series will love this one.
Elizabeth Ireland
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love that Evanovich centered this one around Stephanie's family, and in particular, Grandma Mazur.
Wouldn't say it was the best mystery but the read was a lot of fun and I enjoyed reading it.
Skip
An average Stephanie Plum book, starring Grandma Mazur. She marries a local Mafioso, Jimmy Rosolli, who keels over dead 45 minutes later in the casino. His business associates, the Laz-y-Boys are seeking a set of keys, which Jimmy had and nobody can find. It's explained what the keys are for, but Grandma and Stephanie face threats and kidnapping, etc. while Joe Morelli and Ranger try to protect them. In a marked change, Stephanie decides her life sucks and she needs to do something about it so m ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
May 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I loved this book so much more than I have the last two or even three. Finally we see some growth with Stephanie and her life decisions. A more mature Stephanie, is a good Stephanie. It might also have something to do with the fact that in this we finally get more Grandma M, one of my favorite characters. I loved all her insight and wisdom. And with this ending of this one, the title to the next book, which isn't a number, makes a whole lot of sense. Can't wait to see where this next adventure w ...more
Jenny Baker
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I had forgotten how much I enjoy Evanovich. Stephanie Plum is so funny. Fantastic audiobook narration. This one was a joy from start to finish.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ
I'm going on record as not liking this one. I'm a HUGE fan of the series and have reread most of it at least five times. I expected to burn through this book in one evening staying up til I was finished. About 60 pages in and I'm bored. The author has a formula for these books and she was checking off the list.... car gets destroyed, check... It wasn't that interesting. It started about the keys, it ended with the keys kicking off the next book (more about that later) but the middle was all abou ...more
✴ Cindy ✴
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I gave it four stars cause I love the characters and the fandom that Janet created, but if this had been a stand alone book, I would have given it 3 stars. The characters were flat and in they all felt pathetic. In the past, I've said that Janet has stopped actually writing the series herself and started using a ghost writer. It was never more evident than this book. I'm not offended by foul language by the words fuck and fucking were used about 10 times. It struck me as not something Janet woul ...more
Barbara Schultz
I have read all 26 ~ yep I am a BIG Stephanie Plum fan. First one was in 1994 but hmmm isn’t that 25 years ago? Although Stephanie joked about being 56, she has got to be late in her late 40’s and yes she needs a LIFE!!
Sue Grafton was so smart in keeping Kinsey locked into the 80s and forever 35.
Perhaps these latest twenty something novels are for the youngsters as I believe I have reached my limit.
To me this is “I Quit- twenty-six” !!

I recently read several great books and picked this up for
Natalie M
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, humour
Absolutely no literary value and following the formula of books 1-25, I still love Stephanie Plum, Lulu and Co.

For lovers of the series this is a good instalment and interestingly one that is up be continued into book 27. A few twists, lots of mishaps, requisite car loss, to be expected love interests in Morrelli and Ranger, and of course the laughs.

Read with a pinch of salt, a sense of humour and I’ll be back for the next Plum formula.
Kay
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious! IMO much better than the last book. Love triangle continues? ... babe.

• A Witch For Mr. Holiday (Witches of Christmas Grove, #1)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • A Glazed Finish (A Stoneybrook Mystery #6)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross Book, #27)
  • The Catnap Before Christmas (Whales and Tales, #19)
  • The Family Journal
  • Taylor (SEALs of Honor #21)
  • Cadaver on Candy Cane Lane (Christmas Village Cozy #1)
  • Upon the Midnight Clear (Lady Emily, #13.5)
  • A Fistful of Demons (A Hannah Hickok Witchy Mystery, #2)
  • 20th Victim (Women's Murder Club, #20)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Flea Market Magic (Southern Relics #1)
  • Aftermath (Decons and Magical Nulls-Elite Division #1)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine #2)
  • Fatal Traditions: A Short Story from the Deadwood Humorous Mystery Series (Deadwood Shorts Book 5)
  • Room with a Clue (The Park Hotel Mysteries #3)
  • Nogged Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #4.5)

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)

Articles featuring this book

Need another excuse to go to the bookstore this week? We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the week. To create our...
“Truth is I’ll be relieved when all this is over, and I can move on to what’s in front of me instead of what’s behind me. It’s not like I want to forget Jimmy. It’s just that he’s in a different spot in my life now. He’s in the good memories spot. If I didn’t put him there, I’d be sad all the time, and I don’t like being sad. I figure happiness is a choice that you make. Even in terrible times.” Grandma slumped a little. “Sometimes you really gotta work at it.” 1 likes
“Notice he called us losers and not quitters. That’s on account of we never quit. In my mind, that’s the difference between being a loser and a winner. A winner is willing to look like a idiot for as long as it takes to get the job done.” 1 likes