Start by marking “The Truth about Heartbreak” as Want to Read:
The Truth about Heartbreak

The Truth about Heartbreak

I fell in love with him when I was thirteen years old.

He was older, mysterious, and unattainable. The guy I could never touch.

Then one night changed everything for us. But there was one huge problem.

He belonged to her.
Published June 1st 2019 (first published April 14th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Truth about Heartbreak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth about Heartbreak

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
The truth about Heartbreak is that there is no such thing. It's your soul that shatters, along with every fibre of your being that screams for another person.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE TRUTH ABOUT HEARTBREAK Is a full length, debut romance novel by B. Celeste. Spoken in 'Dual POV's'

Forbidden Romance - Check.
Cheating - Check.
Brother's Best Friend - Check.
Angst - Check.

The main reason why I chased this book down to the ends of the earth before and after the release was that one word that kept flashing like a neon
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“River James will always be mine. Even if she doesn’t want to be. Even is she can’t be.”

The Truth about Heartbreak tells the tumultuous love story about two people who had a lot stacked against them. This was about broken characters that gave us heartbreak and during their darkest moments, they found strength within each other and not only learned how to heal, but they found the greatest gift of all: Unconditional Love.

There’s this Universal saying that someone has been through hell and ba
Rebecca Shea
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
10+ stars! My favorite read of 2019. This is everything I want in a story!
Rumi
*** FIVE BROKEN-HEARTED STARS ***

The Truth about Heartbreak. Where do I even begin??

I was hooked from the very first page. It’s not very often when I get emotionally invested in a book, but this story had me gripped since the beginning. I tried to savour this as much as I could, but I failed when I realised I had read beyond 40% of the story in one sitting. Yet I couldn’t bring myself to stop, I had to know what happened next and how everything was going to pan out until the end.

River and Evere
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Jun 02, 2019 marked it as i-rather-throw-myself-over-a-cliff  ·  review of another edition
Zeroine here is the OW. Pos has a girlfriend for 10 years, he got her pregnant, she lost their baby. Almost got engaged to her but he fell for the poor OW (zeroine) cheated on his girlfriend with the zeroine. Amazing guy and girl. They deserve each other. Girlfriend should run far away from him.
This book perfect for people who thinks cheating is so romantic. Me? I definitely would need a lobotomy if I ever think this shit is romantic.
Carla Bulian
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5. When the book is really good, the time passes quickly...
This book is amazing, so very writing!
It’s worth the reading.
Ali
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There aren't many moments in life when you find yourself broken by a single word. Just one, simple, common, three letter word. Maybe there won't be a single moment in your life like that. I just had one though. One simple word brought me to tears.

"Mom"

That won't make much sense until you read The Truth about Heartbreak, and I sincerely hope you do.

River spent years in foster care, until being adopted. She has issues. Many of them, mostly with trust. But there is an instant connection with her
Book Maniac Forever

4 "Friendship" Stars
Since the moment I saw the gorgeous cover and the blurb of The Truth About Heartbreak, I knew I needed to read this novel. As a fan of forbidden romance, I was really intrigued by this story! B. Celeste did a fantastic job delivering an overflow of feelings through the pages of this poignant love story!

"Stop crossing ocean for people who don't even jump over puddles for you."

When River is adopted by the James family at thirteen she not only gains parents, but a cari
Beatrix

It was angsty.
It was forbidden.
It was everything I love.
1-Click Addict Support Group
This was such an emotionally heart pounding read, so beware because it will make you yell and want you to smack some sense onto certain people ➡ Rhett! River's calm demeanor made her a target to get walked all over but there came a time when enough was enough. Rhett has always felt something for River but never acted on it yet his constant hot/cold attitude towards River had me wanting to smack some kind of sense to him. I never doubted his feelings for River yet I hated what he put her through. ...more
B. Celeste
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Now available for $3.99 or free through Kindle Unlimited!

US: https://amzn.to/2W8BZbj
UK: https://amzn.to/2WfaBgH
CA: https://amzn.to/30Y4QCG
AU: https://amzn.to/2WcONlA

xoxo

B
Meital
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book started great, and then at 39% the book went all wrong. It had potential but it became incoherent, flat and something was missing. The big problem was the writing style: Show us, don’t tell!! The excuse for Everett's behavior wasn’t justified enough for me. Too many thoughts and a few dialogues and Interactions Between River and Everett, and even then they were shallow.
Tianna✸loves books✸
So the blurb says theirs another girl.
Plus cheating.

Wow.

No thanks.
Next please.
Ari
4 stars

Well well well, when you put it like that, I can't not love it, now can I?

Something about this book just felt like it was calling to me. Ya know that feeling, 'aight?
Usually, I'm not a huge fan of cheating books, as some of you might understand, but as Thor says it best—

Full review to come.
Brandi
DNF @ 48%

Just wasn't working for me.
C.L. Matthews
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forbidden. ✔
Angsty. ✔
Cheating. ✔

This book was exceptional. The characters were created with flaws that they weren't afraid to show throughout the entire story. That in itself was a feat I gladly watched her achieve.

"I just hope they’ll let me stay when they realize how deep my scars really go."

Each one was vastly different, their voices were uniquely heard and so gritty! I loved this book, it was very hard to adult as I watched Rhett and River fight for their unique and heartbreaking love.

"The
BookSmacked
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#FangGirlAlert !!!!!

OMG !! Where do I start, so first and foremost as a blogger we always wish that we could read every book that comes our way. Sadly, there are just not enough hours in the day and so I'll be honest when I say that I've become very selective about what I have picked up to read lately.

It's also been so hit and miss for me, nothing seems to keep my attention for very long. I'm not sure if it's blogger burn out, the fact that I have a new job either way it's been a struggle. Wha
Carrie Aarons
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK. MY LORD. Gosh, I read this in between almost everything in my daily life, sneaking in pages between cooking dinner, running after a toddler, and everything in between. It was THAT GOOD.

River and Rhett's story is, just as the title indicates, heartbreaking. It's an epic saga of finding and keeping your one true soulmate ... and all of the hardships one has to endure to get there.

I was so engrossed in this book. It's addicting and so well written, with twists and turns at every point yo
Kari Davis
If I could give this more than 5 Stars I would!! I am still trying to figure out what to say here and its been over a week. I am just blown away by this beautiful and stunning read. It had everything I could want in a story...EVERYTHING!

B. Celeste or Barbara C. Doyle is a new author to me, so I went into this story completely blind as to her writing style. This is why I love checking out new authors because some times you find a diamond in the rough. I will she is a bit wordy with detail, but ye
Chelsea
4 stars!

"Everett Tucker doesn’t have to break my heart, because I broke it myself by loving him."

What draws me into reading this is the blurb! Because it says it's angsty 😁. Yes, it does include cheating, which is not an issue to me as long as it's fictional because I am not at par with it in real life.

This book was sort of a coming of age, especially the first part as it talks about the past. I was rooting for them on the first few chapters. Sadly, Everett didn't live up to being my book bo
Lisa
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shyralf
3 ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2 Stars! Forbidden, Brother’s best friend romance. I love any forbidden romance! This was pretty good. River has been through so much in the foster care system until she is finally adopted into a kind family and there she became sister to Oliver and fell in love with his best friend Everett. River and Everett had such great chemistry. Can’t wait for Oliver’s book next! ...more
Micalea Smeltzer
Such an unforgettable love story. I'm obsessed.
Ellie
Jun 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Once again I find myself staring at a blank screen as I attempt to construct a review worthy of this phenomenally captivating and beautifully breathtaking tale that has managed to invade my every thought and emotion since devouring it! This book is hands down worth of a thousand stars and B. Celeste will blow you all away with her unique storytelling ability. This amazing lady was meant to write forbidden romance and I am so freaking thrilled that
Heather Confessions Of A Bibliophile Creighton
5 STARS
“The truth about heartbreak is that there is no such thing. It’s your soul that shatters, along with every fiber of your being that screams for another person.”
The Truth About Heartbreak by B. Celeste. My heart literally BROKE while reading this. I mean seriously, ALL THE FEELS! I know that cheating is a HUGE no-go for some readers but I urge you to give this one a chance, it will be worth the displeasure of the cheating aspect. I know that there is nothing I can put into this review to accu
Harlow
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a so/so read. I became bored with the story at around the midway mark and skimmed over a few chapters. I gave it 3 stars because it started out promising, but it just fell flat. There were good characters and I like how this wasn't exactly instalove. At the same time there really wasn't a a ha moment where the MCs felt truly like soulmates. The back and forth was tedious and too much useless drama thrown in towards the end. I liked that Everett was caring towards his gf, even if he wasn ...more
Emily (Emily Reads)
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Less than twelve hours ago I belonged to the minty eyed boy I’ve loved since I was thirteen. But Everett Tucker isn’t mine to love.”

Every now and then I come across a book that my soul just connects with on a deep level. A book that just brings out all my emotions and pulls on my heart strings. This, was that book for me. I had three highlights JUST from the prologue alone! Just by reading the prologue I knew I was in for one emotional ride, one that I could just feel I was going to love. And b
Happily Mary After
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-june
This is my first time reading B. Celeste, but it is definitely not my last! I couldn’t put The Truth about Heartbreak down and stayed up late into the night and read it in one sitting. It’s a beautiful, affecting, angst-filled and unforgettable tale of true love that will squeeze your heart to near bursting. After a traumatic childhood and years in foster care, River is adopted into a loving family and soon falls head-over-heels for her brother’s best friend, Everett. He’s sexy, kindhearted and ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

Wow, this book was an emotional rollercoaster that I didn't want to step away from. Wonderfully written, B. Celeste's words and her story worked it's magic and captured my heart. I was totally invested in this book from the very first chapter.

River is thirteen years old when the story begins. A wonderful character to get to know, her pain was so deep, her vulnerability so raw. It was very easy to connect with River and get to know about her and the life she had led up to that moment.

Ev
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
B. Celeste is the alter ego of Barbara C. Doyle.

Her obsession with forbidden romance enabled her to pave a path into a new world of love, sex, sin, and angst.

Her debut novel is The Truth about Heartbreak.
“The truth about heartbreak is that there is no such thing. It's your soul that shatters along with every fiber of your being that screams for another person.” 0 likes