Start by marking “Götter Und Kulte Der Germanen” as Want to Read:
Götter Und Kulte Der Germanen

Götter Und Kulte Der Germanen

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Published 2009 (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Götter Und Kulte Der Germanen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Götter Und Kulte Der Germanen

Elliott Bignell
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it

This was a fascinating read, but marred by the author's stylistic deformity in that he employs extraordinarily long sentences with deeply nested structure. For the first half or so I was backtracking repeatedly in an attempt to parse the syntax, and I half expected to reach the end and find three pages of verbs as in the sketch about the German academic. I found my pace about halfway and it became easier.

The Germanic myths are rivetting, but frustratingly very little of their substance is attest

Sharon Reamer
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this book because I wanted a concise summary of Germanic mythology - and I have been looking for a book that could clearly separate in time (and space) some of the beliefs and cults behind the mythology and also supply locations for where the mythologies were employed. This book fulfilled those requirements in a very satisfactory way. It isn't a popular retelling of the Germanic/Nordic myths, so if that's what you are looking for, this book isn't it. But it's a straightforward attempt to ...more
Taria0508
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science
Ein Buch über die Welt der Germanen. Dabei wird Wert auf Opferkult, Kultstätten, Götterwelt und ihre Mythologie gelegt. Auch Magie und das Totenreich spielen eine Rolle.

Ich fand es sehr interessant, jedoch war der Schreibstil des Authors etwas gewöhnungsbedürftig. Sehr lange, verschachtelten Sätze die einen den Anfang bzw denn Zusammenhang verlieren lassen.
Natira
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
wissenschaftlicher Stil,
vermutlich hätte mir der Titel mehr gebracht, wenn ich über größeres (Vor-)Wissen im Bereich germanische Mythologie u. Kulte hätte
Interessantes gab es natürlich zu lernen, z.B. was "Kenning" bedeutet oder wie "leicht" es zu falschen Schlussfolgerungen kommen kannn
In-Genius
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
A short insight about what we actually know about them pagan germanic tribes and their cult. No surprise, we don't know much.
Jane
Seth
Jun 13, 2017
Sannesu
Jun 18, 2017
Rudolf Simek is an Austrian Germanist and philologist.

Simek studied German literature, philosophy and Catholic theology in the University of Vienna, before becoming a librarian and a docent at the institution. He taught among others in the universities of Edinburgh, Tromsø and Sydney. Since 1995 he is a Professor of German studies at the University of Bonn. Rudolf Simek is the editor-in-chief of S
More about Rudolf Simek...