Start by marking “Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)

Twisted Twenty-Six

(Stephanie Plum #26)

Stephanie Plum's career has taken more wrong turns than a student driver on the Jersey Turnpike, and her love life is a hopeless tangle. In order to save someone dear to her, she'll have to straighten things out in Twisted Twenty-Six the latest, novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author Janet Evanovich.

Grandma Mazur is a widow...again. This time her marriage lasted
Published November 12th 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Twenty-Six, please sign up.

Start your review of Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
James
Stephanie Plum is just pure fun. The books are always enjoyable, even if they are a bit formulaic. It works, I laugh, so I like them a lot. Janet Evanovich knows how to keep them interesting, and even though there are a few repetitive techniques, it's still something I find myself keen to read at the end of the day. Today... after a disappointing book, I needed a sure-thing, and Twisted Twenty-Six provided the relief.

Stephanie's grandmother, Grandma Edna Mazur, remarried in between books. Her
Anita
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-cozy, audio
There is no better way to spend a fall afternoon than with the new Stephanie Plum book. As always, Steph blows up a car, has mind blowing sex with Joe (cozy style, of course) and Ranger makes Steph . . . wonder. Wonderful and entertaining and laugh out loud funny. I split my time between the e-book and the audio and the audio was the best I have ever heard.

When Stephanie Plum's Grandma Mazur takes a trip to the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas with retired mobster Jimmy Rosolli, Grandma and Jimmy
Allie
May 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Looking at my previous reviews (25, 24, 23, 22, 21, and 20) you all know where I stand. This book seems to focus a bit more on Grandma, which should be fun as she wasn't in 25 enough for a lot of readers... but I really hope Evanovich (or her ghost writer?) moves away from the terribly formulaic mess the most recent books have all been and mixes things up a bit! I guess we will find out in November... or later as I will be once again be waiting for a library copy.
Kiki Z
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-5-stars
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this one. These books have always been formulaic, and I expect it, and in a lot of ways, this book felt like one of the earlier ones, a true return to form. On the other hand, it also feels like all the worst things about the series are present: Stephanie being unhappy with her life but not enough to change it, Lula and Stephanie's incompetence (which feels like it's being played for laughs but hasn't been funny for several books; they were better in ...more
Dianne
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, 2019
Now, THIS is the type of Stephanie Plum book I have come to know and love -I love the mobster theme, I love the fact that she isn't losing cars left and right. I love the fact that this has to do with Grandma...and I even love the fact that these last two books (this one included) have cliff hangers. Not huge ones but ones that will lead to the next book.

I got some belly laughs, I had the sinking feeling of horror just like when I read the very first Plum book, I got very involved in what was
Carmen Vande Stroet
What's not to love? Another Stephanie Plum escapade, with the sizzle of Ranger and the comic relief of Lulu this is another book that you wont be able to put down.
Skip
An average Stephanie Plum book, starring Grandma Mazur. She marries a local Mafioso, Jimmy Rosolli, who keels over dead 45 minutes later in the casino. His business associates, the Laz-y-Boys are seeking a set of keys, which Jimmy had and nobody can find. It's explained what the keys are for, but Grandma and Stephanie face threats and kidnapping, etc. while Joe Morelli and Ranger try to protect them. In a marked change, Stephanie decides her life sucks and she needs to do something about it so ...more
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
I have a conspiracy theory so bear with me.

I don't know who wrote this book but it wasn't Janet and here's why:
1. Stephanie finally admits she's in over her head with men in her life. Like she's legit thinking of how messed up the whole thing is.
2. She's finally admitting that the bond agent's life is not for her. She's sick of being constantly surrounded by shit individuals and of being blown up/kidnapped/stabbed/shot at, etc.
3. Gran is having a personality transplant with her being all wise
19. Notorious Nineteen -
20. Takedown
Sandee
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! In my opinion this is the best book in the last several years. Stephanie and Lula are back at capturing bail jumpers with all the humour and excitement of the series origins. There is also a little bit of darkness which again took me back to those first books in the series. Organized crime, family in danger and lots of donuts. I enjoyed every minute.
Pamela
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, mystery
I was not going to review this, but I got such a kick out the author's slight digs at some of the negative reviews from the last novel. The story itself is a hilarious romp with Grandma Mazur, but we find Stephanie questioning her lifestyle, is there more than this job, is she a loser, a tramp? Also, in a distracted state, she tells Lula she is 56, which she would be if you calculate her age from the first novel in 1994 to today. All I can say is she has aged well and still makes me laugh.
Barbara Schultz
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: disappointed
I have read all 26 ~ yep I am a BIG Stephanie Plum fan. First one was in 1994 but hmmm isn’t that 25 years ago? Although Stephanie joked about being 56, she has got to be late in her late 40’s and yes she needs a LIFE!!
Sue Grafton was so smart in keeping Kinsey locked into the 80s and forever 35.
Perhaps these latest twenty something novels are for the youngsters as I believe I have reached my limit.
To me this is “I Quit- twenty-six” !!

I recently read several great books and picked this up for
Cris (The Biblio Blonde)
A step in the right direction!

I’ve read all of the Stephanie Plum books, and have persevered through the disappointment many of us felt over the last few books. Twisted 26 is a good step back in the right direction. I felt like mostly, these are the characters we’ve come to love. And the book ends with a hint to the next adventure. Worth the read for fans of the series!
Scott
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Readers and fans of Janet Evanovich know what you get with a Janet Evanovich “Stephanie Plum” book. An independent, pretty girl, a couple of hunky guys – Moretti and Ranger - to team up with, and an adventure full of mystery and silly zaniness. Solving the mystery usually involves visiting different locations, lots of overwhelmingly crazy characters (especially Grandma Mazur), and comical situations throughout the quest. There is lots of teasing and innuendo between the Stephanie and the hunky ...more
Leslie
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: purchased, philly, action, cops, fun
According to Amazon this book was supposed to take 3 1/2 hours to read ... Unfortunately I finished it in way less time and now have to find something else to do. Well writing this is something...

If Stephanie Plum had been a letters instead of numbers series we would be at Z and then the next one would have to be Aardvark. Good thing Ms Evanovich used numbers.

This is a very different Plum book. In one of my reviews of an earlier book I noted that if Stephanie was a real person she and I would
✴ Cindy ✴
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave it four stars cause I love the characters and the fandom that Janet created, but if this had been a stand alone book, I would have given it 3 stars. The characters were flat and in they all felt pathetic. In the past, I've said that Janet has stopped actually writing the series herself and started using a ghost writer. It was never more evident than this book. I'm not offended by foul language by the words fuck and fucking were used about 10 times. It struck me as not something Janet ...more
Kelly ...
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, these books are formulaic and predictable. But, Ranger and Morelli are still hot. Lula is still outrageous. Stephanie is still a likable mess. Her mom is still an anxious bundle of nerves. Her dad is still an old-fashioned guy. And grandma Mazur is still the best side kick ever. I laugh out loud when reading these books. Sometimes predictable is just fun.
J.d. Grove
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Stephanie Plum. She is quirky and fun, just the type of girl I would want to be friends with, but for the past several books I felt like poor Stephanie is in a rut. After reading this book, I feel Janet concurs and will finally be making changes in Stephanie’s life. After reading Twisted Twenty-Six, I am hopefully that the future of the series will finally be moving forward. Fingers crossed!
Angela Verdenius
Just plain good fun - a mystery, a crime, entertaining characters and re-visiting ‘old friends'. Just what you need for a light read. This series doesn’t take itself seriously, and I remain an avid fan!
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ
I'm going on record as not liking this one. I'm a HUGE fan of the series and have reread most of it at least five times. I expected to burn through this book in one evening staying up til I was finished. About 60 pages in and I'm bored. The author has a formula for these books and she was checking off the list.... car gets destroyed, check... It wasn't that interesting. It started about the keys, it ended with the keys kicking off the next book (more about that later) but the middle was all ...more
Toni Rieder
3.5 stars, not the best in the series but not the worst. Kind of bummed that I know have to wait another year to find out about the keys!!!
Barbara Rogers
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read, iblog, mystery
Series: Stephanie Plum #26
Publication Date: 11/12/19
Number of Pages: 320

This is the perfect book for a dark, dreary winterish afternoon (or even a sunny happy afternoon). The zany antics of Stephanie along with her family, friends, and co-workers will keep you smiling. Yes, sometimes they are over-the-top and a bit annoying, but all-in-all, they are an enjoyable and entertaining read.

Grandma Mazur was married for all of forty-five minutes before the groom keeled over – dead. Who knew he had a
Mayda
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, mystery
Grandma Mazur has married a member of the mob and 45 minutes later, her honey has a heart attack and dies. Now, his cohorts think he has disclosed to Grandma Mazur the location of some all important keys. She has no idea what they are talking about, but now her life, as well as Stephanie’s since she is protecting her, are in jeopardy. Luckily, Morelli and Ranger are protecting both of them. But they can’t be with them 24/7 and bad things are eminent. On top of all this, Stephanie is having ...more
Deb
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5. I enjoyed this one more than the last few of this series. There were a few laugh-out-loud moments. It focused more on Grandma, which is worth some chuckles eight there. It is a fast read.. less than a day.
Elizabeth Ireland
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love that Evanovich centered this one around Stephanie's family, and in particular, Grandma Mazur.
Wouldn't say it was the best mystery but the read was a lot of fun and I enjoyed reading it.
Katherine
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars
Donna
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery
2.5 stars.

This installment in the Stephanie Plum series was just okay for me. Stephanie is still unfulfilled in life, love and employment. This hasn't changed much in the last several books. Lula was the same. Mom and Dad were the same. Morelli was the same. Ranger was the same. The only one a little different was Grandma and at this point, she is my favorite character. So 2 ho-hum stars for this one.

FMSWarrior
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Way better than the last one. Evanovich and Plum are finally back in full stride!
Susan
As a Jersey Girl myself, I hate to admit that I picked this Stephanie Plum novel up with a bit of world-weariness, but it's the simple truth. Yet I soon changed my mind--this one is different in some major respects. For one thing, Stephanie--and even Lula--is burned out on her job. For another, even Grandma Mazur is thinking seriously about what a trivializing attitude toward crime means. Grandma Mazur has a short-lived marriage to a mob guy, who dies less than an hour after the wedding. But his ...more
Kaitlyn Dunnett
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-not-cozy
This one was actually quite an improvement over recent entries in the series. Stephanie is thinking about making changes in her life, we find out that Grandma is only in her 70s (I would have thought much older!), and except for an unnecessary semi-cliffhanger at the end, which one can only hope will be resolved in number twenty-seven, the ending, with its tying up of a lot of complicated loose ends, was quite satisfying.

• The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Stealth (Stone Barrington, #51)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Robert B. Parker's Angel Eyes (Spenser, #47)
  • The Night Fire (Harry Bosch #22; Renée Ballard, #3; Harry Bosch Universe, #32)
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
  • Ali Cross
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • Bloody Genius (Virgil Flowers, #12)
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)
  • Blue Moon (Jack Reacher, #24)
  • Owl Be Home for Christmas: A Meg Langslow Mystery
  • The Guardians
  • FACTORY GIRL: part 6 of 6
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • A Witch For Mr. Holiday (Witches of Christmas Grove Book 1)

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
“Notice he called us losers and not quitters. That’s on account of we never quit. In my mind, that’s the difference between being a loser and a winner. A winner is willing to look like a idiot for as long as it takes to get the job done.” 1 likes
“A winner is willing to look like a idiot for as long as it takes to get the job done.” 0 likes