Start by marking “Strange Planet” as Want to Read:

I feel more attractive.
Honestly, you are.
It’s the star damage.
I CRAVE STAR DAMAGE.

Straight from the mind of New York Times bestselling author Nathan W. Pyle comes an adorable and profound universe in pink, blue, green, and purple. Based on the phenomenally popular Instagram of the same name, Strange Planet covers a full life cycle of the planet’s inhabitants, including
Published November 19th 2019 by Morrow Gift

To ask other readers questions about Strange Planet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strange Planet

Start your review of Strange Planet
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
i loved this so much! i don't follow the original instagram for these alien comics, but a lot of people i follow tend to repost them on their story. in some ways this reminded me of everyone's an aliebn when you're an aliebn too, which is one of my favorite books of all time! though this one definitely leaned more on the humor side of things. this is such a fun and quick little read. if you're looking for a little mood booster, i'd recommend checking this out!
Shelli
Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: all beings who enjoy expressing mirth
Recommended to Shelli by: Nathan’s Instagram
This will be a firm stack of paper with pictures that you can acquire in exchange for currency.
I am digesting moths just contemplating its impending arrival.
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The comics I’ve read before had me smiling. The new ones made me giggle, especially new terms that I had not seen before, like two-wheel foot pusher (bicycle) and dying plants (flowers) that you put into the death cylinder (vase). I greatly enjoy how these comics make you reevaluate what we say as humans and how sometimes even our normal sayings are funny, but they become extra funny when translated into alien.

And then the last comic!! Curious development.
Rod Brown
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple concept, huge laughs. Pyle has aliens re-enact/experience everyday human activities to expose the hilarious craziness of things we accept as perfectly normal.
Hannah Galler
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the many perks of working in a library is when things are ordered that you didn't know existed! So much delight in one little book!
Becca
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun and cute book! Definitely a must read if you want to feel good and have a good chuckle!
Eunice Moral
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhhh this books is just the cutest and most clever!!! I love it so muchhhhh!
Nostalgia Reader
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
My facial orbs enjoyed visually intaking the artistic renderings applied to these pages!!
Jason Bushnell
I love these little comics, and was impressed by how many new (and expanded-upon) comics were included. Very funny, as always. ...more
Victoria
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect from start to finish! It ended exactly how I wanted it to.
Oswego Public Library District
What began as a social media sensation is now a book, and what a gem it is. For those who are unfamiliar, Strange Planet features a group of aliens who venture into adulthood, into friendship, into nature, and through the general everyday monotony of life. These beloved creatures provide a series of observations about the odd customs of the world in an exceedingly clever way while remaining utterly relatable. Not only do they use inventive phraseology to describe common events, but they have ...more
Andrew
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb!

If you've never read Nathan W. Pyle's "Strange Planet" strip you should look it up online today.

If you've seen it you know what you'll be getting. This book is nicely bound, printed in colour and features some new and revised content.

Highly recommended.
Chris Lemmerman
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books-read
Strange Planet manages to capture the essence of being a human while relaying the emotions through weird little aliens, and I'm pretty sure that's exactly how life works, to be honest.
Eduardo Szeckir
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
amazing quick and funny read!! It so funny to think of what we do as humans stated in alien format, it truly puts things into perspective hahahah
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
These comics are just such a delight. I read a big chunk of this on the subway and got funny looks from how much I was giggling. The other beings did not understand!
Nadinastiti
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forever g r a t i t u d e that Book Depository offers the pre-order shipped to Indonesia. My mouth always make the low curve whenever I see the comic.

When I talk about this comic to friends, they often refer it as “the one with aliens who speak like robots”. And they are not wrong. But honestly, I never think that way. I just love the wordplay but never consider them as alien nor robot. Am I alien? Am I robot?

15/10 would recommend.
Monique
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These comics are hilarious and I love all of them! I really don’t have to explain this I think: if you know them you know how great they are and if you don’t you, you really need to do an insta search for Strange Planet and prepare to spend hours chuckling.
Rebecca
Best thing!
Jerry Yoakum
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable observations.
Autumn
Oct 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to pre-order this because the daily Strange Planet comics are a highlight of my day, I just love them so much. <3
Ashley
I love these comics. They are hilarious. Quite a few of them made me laugh out loud and we're very relatable. I just love these big eyes aliens.

I have been following the artist from the beginning and have enjoyed all of the work he has posted. So I could not resist getting this book, which does contain a lot of new comics that have not been posted on social media.

Overall this is a great collection and I really recommend it if you like to observe these beings.
Justine Johnson
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore these comics such a cute way to show the absurdities and sweet moments that is human society and life. I stopped reading the comics as they popped up online so that I could enjoy this when it finally came in the mail. Glad I did, there’s so many funny ones! ...more
Shorouk Abd Elhamed
That was an enjoyable read. It put a smile on my face at many points.I gave it 3 stars because it wasn't as funny as I expected but still some of the ideas made me think.
Jon Thompson
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All of our idiosyncrasies, at one level of remove. Gentle, funny, and heartwarming.
Susan Crowley
Shelves: books-i-read
So funny. So many laughs ...more
Monika
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!! I'm going to read it over and over again! Gratitude!!!!
Cynthia
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps the most relatable book I’ve read all year.
Ken Yuen
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this comic. It's really insightful about humanity, but sometimes, it makes me realize that I'm the alien lol.

• Poorlier Drawn Lines
  • False Knees: An Illustrated Guide to Animal Behavior
  • Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk
  • Sudden Traveller
  • SHERLOCK HOLMES: The Complete Collection (Including all 9 books in Sherlock Holmes series)
  • Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)
  • Predator Vs Prey (Going Wild #2)
  • Dragon Bones (The Unwanteds Quests #2)
  • Dragon Captives (The Unwanteds Quests, #1)
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Holy Bible, NIV
  • Dragon Ghosts (The Unwanteds Quests Book 3)
  • A Sparrow's Roar