Start by marking “Misconception” as Want to Read:
Misconception

Misconception

'The invisible thread between them tightened, strengthened, bound them together. And now she was walking towards him, about to become his wife, and there was nothing in the world that could sever that thread.'

Ali and Tom are the perfect couple. They both have successful careers and are still madly in love after ten years. But when they are told their unborn baby has died,
Published July 15th 2019 by Pantera Press

To ask other readers questions about Misconception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misconception

Brenda
The excitement Ali and Tom felt about the pregnancy was tempered by the two miscarriages Ali had already suffered. But with the third trimester on them, it was time to buy all they needed for this new and precious life.

Ali was high up in the world of journalism and politics while Tom was a successful lawyer, a partner and looking at further advancement. They were happily married, still deeply in love after ten years. But the day they went to the hospital when Ali was at thirty weeks, concerned
Jessica
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a powerful and moving story about family,love and loss. I couldn't put it down.
Tracey Anderson
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the premise of this book. A woman who had previously decided she wasn't going to have children changes her mind when her husband tells her he wants to be a father. After two early miscarriages they then lose a late term baby and she has to deliver the dead baby. Coming to terms with that loss affects her marriage, her job and her and her sense of self. The present parts of the story were very strong and emotionally charged but to me it was let down by the before chapters. They felt disjo ...more
Nic
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
TW: this book and this review talks about miscarriage and stillbirth.

Misconception follows the story of Ali, a woman who, after 2 early miscarriages, has a stillbirth at 30 weeks, and the novel shows how it affects her, her family, her job, her mental state, and overall her whole life.

I love that this topic is being talked about in a book. Personally, I hate the idea that it’s taboo to talk about miscarriage and if someone miscarries in the first 12 weeks it’s better off
Diane
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: freeborn-rebecca
I loved this book. It will not be the choice of a lot of readers but I would recommend reading it. The subject of the book has not been in my experience but this story has helped me face an issue in my life that has been with me for many years. This story is about grief...we all experience it...we all experience it differently...and we will either allow it to take over our life or we will confront it for what it is. Thank you Rebecca Freeborn for this book.
lola.and.puki
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Misconception is a moving and thought-provoking novel that deals with a sensitive topic, which people often find difficult to discuss. It is a beautifully written story about loss and grief and is quite an emotional read as it tackles the overarching theme of miscarriages and how it affects relationships and marriage. I’m grateful that there are novels like Misconception that raises awareness and encourages dialogue for what many unfortunately go through.

Thanks to Beauty and Lace and
Dawn
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to have read some early drafts of this book but still devoured this in one day. I shed a few tears - there were some emotional scenes to read but it was nicely balanced and the main characters were very realistic with lots of warmth and hope. A realistic and emotional page turner, loved it!
Sharn Teddy
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay wow. I will organise my thoughts better later...but I just finished this book and then ran to my boyfriend and hugged him and cried. This hit so close to home with my own experiences this year, I am so incredibly glad I read this book. I honestly think it has helped me to deal with my feelings about my own miscarriages better.
Ro
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Misconception was definitely an emotional read! It deals with a difficult subject matter that is often skirted around and I’m glad that this novel opens up the dialogue about miscarriages and still birth. It is a moving and thought provoking story about relationships, family, love and loss.

Thank you to Beauty and Lace and Pantera Press for providing a copy for review.
Josephine
Aug 27, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
I picked this up randomly, not entirely convinced by the blurb, but I ended up DNFing it as I wasn't at all engaged by the MC or the writing style.
Nora Mutalima
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this story.
Katie Farnsworth
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, gripping, poignant and emotionally charged. I loved this book.
Annaliese
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel told a beautiful story about grief with such a delicate and honest hand. There were moments where I felt like I was spying in on this life I had no right witnessing but I came out the other end thankful that I found this book and engaged in the story.
Andrea
Chelle181
Sep 20, 2019
Brittany
Oct 17, 2019
Rebecca Freeborn lives in the beautiful Adelaide Hills with a husband, three kids, a cat, a horse, more books than she can fit in her bookcase and an ever-diminishing wine collection.

She works as a communications and content editor for the South Australian Government where she screams into the void against passive voice and unnecessary capitalisation.

She writes before the s