Start by marking “Westwood Monster Patrol” as Want to Read:

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  11 reviews
What would YOU do if you found a dismembered hand in the woods behind your house?

Ash, Talib, Josefina, Marimar, and Alejandro are pretty used to the not-so-great aspects of life at the Westwood Trailer Park. What they’re not used to is having dead bodies pop up so close to home. Although they’re each dealing with their own complicated problems, they put these aside in ord
Published April 12th 2019

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Apr 12, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win the kindle version of Westwood Monster Patrol!

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 244 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Aug 30 - Sep 28, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Westwood Monster Patrol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Westwood Monster Patrol

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Marc Roche
    Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Westwood Monster Patrol is a short and fun book in which five teens take down a monster. The dialogue is witty and upbeat despite the characters' backgrounds, and the story keeps you on your toes. Highly recommended as a light, entertaining read.
    Ben Haskett
    A delightfully fun read. Westwood Monster Patrol is a short and sweet novella where a group of five misfits become friends and team up to take down a really gross monster. Like a good Stephen King book, this quintet of teenagers utilize a mix of logical detective work and mysterious supernatural powers to solve a mystery. What makes the book really shine, though, are the kids' personalities. It could have been really depressing (you're going to find a lot of broken homes in this trailer park), b ...more
    Kristina
    Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This book ticked a lot of boxes for me. It was a fast-paced urban fantasy adventure with a group of kids facing off with a terrifying monster threatening their turf. I loved spending time with these characters and felt like I got to know each of their very different personalities. It was also very refreshing to spend time with characters that I don’t see represented very much in this genre; some are bilingual Spanish-speakers, some are homeless or in foster care and some are dealing with mental ...more
    Andrea Arango
    Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    here's your super unbiased author review lol:
    10/10 would write again
    Tashay G
    Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I don’t miss a lot about being a tween/teenager, but I do miss the joy and comfort of having a friend group I could always count on to kill time with, talk crushes, and figure out all our weirdness. This book brought back a lot of those feeling but with a hella creepy monster bonus.

If you like mystery, action, and diversity, this is your jam. I appreciated the different kinds of people this book represents and the kinship the characters have. It was a nice pace and I never felt like it dragged
    Acro Ian
    Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I Ioved it!
    Westwood Monster Patrol is very well written and a wonderful read for adults and adolescents alike. I especially enjoyed how relatable the 5 children are with each otherand how I get to glimpse into the very real and very dramatic lives and minds of teens. This is the kind of book I wish I had read when I was younger.
    Chaka Joiner
    May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Fantastic read! The story is filled real life problems and a fascinating monster. The only thing more interesting is the characters, the lives they live, and the (tools) they use. Most of which I’ve never seen or heard of before. Great book!
    Amanda
    Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I need to finish it before I write a full review but for now ... love it!
    Nancy Frattallone
    Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Very entertaining and easy to read. Loved how these troubled teens managed to stick together and fight evil against so many odds!
    Janice
    Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This novella is about a group of diverse teens who take on a corporate and supernatural monster threatening the residents of Westwood. The fun and witty dialogue makes for an enjoyable read, but it doesn’t stop there. Arango tackles on gentrification, consent, sexuality, homelessness, and much more through this merry band of monster hunters. I’m excited to see what’s next for the Westwood Monster Patrol.
    Melissa Cheresnick
    Aug 07, 2019
    Amanda Nicole
    Apr 19, 2019
    Ruby
    Jun 01, 2019
    Susanna
    Do you know teenagers who might feel unrepresented by general YA offerings? Do you not mind them gaining ammunition in their efforts to convince you that no one else has limits on phone use, or any supervision at all? Are you a fan of arcane South American monsters, paranormal tattoo phenomena, and teen bad-assery?
    This is a fun book.
    Amy
    Anita Glover Stevenson
    Goodreads Librari...: Please Add Paperback Cover 3 10 Apr 16, 2019 06:51AM
    Goodreads Librari...: Can you please add a cover? :-) 3 22 Apr 08, 2019 05:58AM
    Andrea Beatriz Arango is a writer/teacher obsessed with houseplants. She loves vegan food, board games, and channeling her inner mermaid. Andrea lives with her boyfriend, her two dogs, and her foster daughter in a city unfortunately too cold to grow plantains or avocados. (Ostia.) You can connect with her on instagram as @andreabeatrizarango or on twitter as @andreabarango.