Start by marking “The Case” as Want to Read:
The Case

The Case

Jake's last job was never going to be open and shut

Intrepid private investigator Jake comes out of retirement to help mob boss, Don Michael retrieve a bag from a business associate. Only Jake discovers he is not the only one on its trail as he joins forces with an FBI agent and a British spy.

For reasons Jake wishes he could figure out, the CIA, the FBI, the KKK, the
Published June 23rd 2019 by Sobriety Press

To ask other readers questions about The Case, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case

Start your review of The Case
Kathi Defranc
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very interesting story of a Private Investigator who tells us stories of his life over the years. Suspenseful, mysterious tales of his involvement with the Mob and the many quick,people-watching missions he is hired for by others who pick his name from an ad!
The characters keep you involved from page one, the scenes are well described so that you can actually see what is happening...If you dare!!!
I received an ARC from author Leopold Borstinski, who I thank for a great read, and I give you my
Rachel Bridgeman
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: june-2109
In this stand alone novel, Leopold Borstinski brings his professional experiences as a P.I to bear in a frantic, frenetic race against time .
Is authentic, sweary, violent and no holds barred noir crime your bag? You need to open 'The Case'.

Jakehas to deliver a parcel which should in itself be a straight forward task, if it weren't for all the people after him. This includes the Mafia , whose antics Leopold describes so well in his 'Lagotti Family series' , it has a retro feel reminiscent ofMario
Feed The Crime
Jun 26, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 review to follow
Julie Morris
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really different read for me in more ways than one and, for that reason alone, I really enjoyed it. My favourite thing about taking part in blog tours is getting pushed out of my comfort zone and picking up books that I would not normally read. Expanding our reading horizons is a great thing, I learn things I would never have known before, become exposed to different styles of writing, different genres and different life experiences. All of this helps with my own writing, and also my ...more
Ann Keeran
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating novel that touches on certain periods of the life and career of a private investigator. He has worked to protect, annihilate and even the mundane task of following errant spouses. Pulp fiction at its best. Travel through his memories to his final case.
Heather Wamboldt
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What was in the case?

This fabulous pulp fiction novel grabs you and takes you on a mind-blowing journey from the 1940s to the 1990s as P.I. Jake Adkins reminisces on other cases while on his quest to retrieve 'The Case', knowing that the CIA, the FBI, the KKK, the British Secret Service, and the mob all want it. But why???

Thrilling non-stop action and suspense keep the pages turning as you stay riveted to this book.
Lel Budge
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: damppebbles
This is classic pulp noir, a Private Investigator who gets caught up with the Mob, putting himself in more danger than you can shake a stick at….

Our PI is investigating ‘The Case’ ….a huge case that will hopefully bring some reward……with plenty of background into previous cases you really get a feel for Jake as a character.

This is a dark, violent and at times sexy and shows the seedy and unpleasant side to the characters and the lifestyle they lead….a compelling and entertaining read.

Linda
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jake Adkins is a private investigator hired by mob boss Don Micheal Lambretti to find out what is in the bag that the mob, the FBI, the CIA, the KKK and the British Secret Service want. The story takes place during the 1940's through 1990's where Jake wity murder, torture, kidnapping, robbery, incest and of course, the case. This suspenseful action-packed novel kept me reading until the very end. I really enjoyed reading this crime fiction novel by Leopold Borstinski.
Deborah
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An non stop, action packed thriller - full of suspense! Check out my review on my blog -> http://bookworminglife.com/the-case/
Alex  Jones
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Emma from Damp Pebbles Blog Tours for my copy of The Case by Leopold Borstinski.

A first time author for me, after looking up his previous works i was intrigued to try this out, this really is my kind of story.

Jake Adkins is a private investigator and this story, told in the first person, details his life and adventures. It’s almost a memoir.

We follow some crazy adventures as Jake works for the Mob, he is often is tasked with helping friends and clients of Don Micheal Lambretti.

Pat Eroh
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action-packed and incredibly compelling, this is a tough one to put down. I enjoyed reading this and would love to read more from this author. I highly recommend this book if you like books with action and a private dick.

Jackie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful as you can get, what’s not to love. Jake thinks his last case might be straight forward, how wrong. Don’t miss out.
Rubin Carpenter
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Good Read

This book to me was Unique because I've never read a Private Eye story that took a Charcter from the Beginning of his career to the end
this book is old fashioned story telling
a noir style and a anti hero with no true motives other than money a collection of short stories from the 1949 to 1999 one of the tales
didnt appeal to me but the writer did a great job capturing the era's &the attitudes his Charcter experienced
Tanya
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
he is a PI and he is given a packet to transport but it is not going to be as easy as he will have the law after him as well as the mob. will he make it? Can he deliver the packet? See how he gets on

Norma Luster
Apr 10, 2019
Aqsa (On Hiatus)
Apr 11, 2019
Leopold Borstinski
Apr 12, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Bennie

• Appetite for Risk
  • Violet
  • The Missing Years
  • The Unmaking of Ellie Rook
  • Kill For Me (DI Hannah Robbins #5)
  • Needlemouse
  • Five Steps to Happy: An uplifting novel based on a true story
  • The Lies We Tell
  • The Holiday
  • Ghoster
  • One Way Out (Harry Virdee #4)
  • Fixed Odds
  • The Kingdom
  • The Girl at the Window
  • Riverflow
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • The Other You