Start by marking “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook” as Want to Read:
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook

YIKES! Kevin did it again! The beloved sequel to Home Alone is now an adorable picture book for the whole family.

It's the holidays and Kevin doesn't want to go on his family vacation to Florida. Amid the chaos and confusion of the airport, he accidentally boards the wrong plane and ends up alone (again!) in New York City. Kevin goes sightseeing, checks into a hotel, and
Published October 1st 2019 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about Home Alone 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Alone 2

Start your review of Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook
Melina Souza
Acho essa coleção de filmes clássicos dos anos 90 no formato de livros infantis tão fofinha.
Amei que agora tem Home Alone 2 para reler todos os anos :)
(além de rever os filmes, reler os livros já entrou na lista de o que fazer todo ano)
Candace Robinson
I've always liked the Home Alone movies—the first two anyway—and this was a really cool picture book that I'd loved to have had as a child! The drawings were super cute and the story followed the movie very well!

The story not only had fun things, but also life lessons such as with the lady with the birds! Definitely a great Christmas read! My only complaint is that I wish Tim Curry's character from the movie actually looked like Tim Curry!
Laura Harrison
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Pop Classics series. Especially Home Alone 1 and 2. They have also done The Karate Kid and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You have to love that. Incredibly entertaining and fun.
Raven Black
Know the movie? You know the book. Having not seen HA2 I am assuming the highlights are hit.
Marilyn
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute book that goes right with the movie. My son loved it. Now we are going to watch the movie.
Benji Martin
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YESSSS!
I love that Kim Smith made the sequel to the first adaptation, Home Alone: The Classic Illustrated Storybook! She has great timing as kids who loved these movies when they were kids are now having kids of their own. Not sure if many kids today will have seen the movies, but either way, Kevin gives us a great Christmas adventure in the streets of New York City. True to the movie all the way to the classic ending.
Ted
Cute story, much in line with the others from this series. I'm not sure if this is a flaw from the movie or of the editing process, but it seems very strange that the burglars would tell Kevin about their upcoming plan. Then again, they're not very smart.

Speaking of the editing, much like the Canadian television cut this version of the story leaves out the cameo from iconic New Yorker and future President Donald Trump. Sad!
Bobbi
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable adaptation of the popular movie that’s become a classic. A good sized picture book with colorful illustrations that should be a welcome addition to a family’s collection of beloved Christmas books.

My thanks to the publisher, author, and illustrator for the ARC. The book will be available on October 1, 2019.
Keshia
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: classroom, own
3.5 stars. Just ordered this one to add to my Christmas library books. I love the illustrations, but the condensed story left a lot to be desired. Some of the details were changed quite a bit which anyone who's watched the movies will for sure pick up on. Otherwise, it's going to be a cute addition to my library.
Brenda
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Again, follows the movie closely, but is extremely pg rated for the kids. My kids love these books and their fun illustrations!
Intentional Goddess
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bought this book for my son to go with the first one. I personally liked this one more than the other one and again, the illustrations were adorable. We had a really good time reading it!
Rebecca Anne
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love it when they make these books! The graphics are wonderful, they stick to some of the movie, and it makes me so happy!
Sarah Starkiller
This is such an adorable picture book! The art is incredible and made me remember how much I loved the movies as a kid! Can’t wait to rewatch the movies and reread the book for Christmas :)
Sadie-jane (Say-dee-Jane) Nunis
I feel that if you can picture every scene in your head...this book was done well:)
Aeicha
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pop Classics returns with their 7th book, Home Alone: Lost In New York, based on the beloved second movie in the Home Alone film series. Capturing the fun and magic of the movie, this Pop Classics picture book will delight and amuse young readers with its outrageously fun antics and story. All of which is brought to life through Smith’s adorable and silly illustrations.
Clarissa
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just as great as the first book! Same great art work and nostalgic feels!
EMMANUEL
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a definite book to help a child uplift their spirits for the Holliday season. I definitely like stories like these. Fun and definitely filled with moral teachings in the modern way.
Stasia
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for the pictures, but Lucy and I were disappointed that part of the story was changed.
Kaitlin
Kim Smith's illustrations are adorable, and as a New Yorker, I particularly enjoy the images she's included of the city. (Though the pigeon lady's a bit too cutesy in Smith's style.) The text does a decent job of condensing the film into picture book form. I'm just not a huge fan of these POP Classics in general and probably wouldn't have picked it up to read had I not been sent a copy by the publisher.
Jessica Kramer