Start by marking “Bury Me with Lies (Twin Lies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bury Me with Lies (Twin Lies, #2)

Bury Me with Lies

(Twin Lies #2)

Stuck between life and death, Mackenzie is hell-bent on proving her innocence, and getting revenge on the men who murdered her sister. With one series of unfortunate events after another, Mackenzie must outrun her own fate—death.

When secrets unravel and lies become twisted betrayals, Mackenzie finds herself in more danger than she could’ve realized. Her only saving grace i
ebook
Published April 6th 2020

Start your review of Bury Me with Lies (Twin Lies, #2)
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Bury-Me-with-Lies

This is the second book in the 'Twin Lies' duet and the plot continues exactly from where the first book ended - and damn, after that brutal ending, the waiting was long... VERY LONG!!! 😱💥💙

📚 "𝑶𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒘, 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎." 📚

To be honest, I felt like I was reading 3 different books: The first part was full of suspense and mysterious... The second part was good, but it had parts that made me roll my eyes - like the love/hate relationship bet
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540

FULL RTC

Beng in quarantine it feels like I've been waiting for this book all my life!! Starting this tonight! Can't wait to crawl up from that cliffy I went over in book 1..
Phuong ✯
#1 Kiss Me With Lies – 3.75 stars
#2 Bury Me With Lies – 2.5 stars

Initially I wanted to give Bury Me With Lies 3 stars (rounded up), but the more I wrote the review, the more I realized that this book didn't work for me. The cons outweighted the pros by far as you will see if you continue reading. It wasn't the worse book I've read this year, but it was definitely the most disappointing one so far.

Spoiler Warning: DO NOT read this if you haven't read the book yet! The following review will spo
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200404_230011.png

Bury Me With Lies was one of the most highly anticipated books of the year for me so far. I needed answers like you wouldn’t believe when we were hit by that jaw dropping cliffhanger. Secrets were still buried, lies and deception were circling around in the air, and Mack and Baz’s relationship was on rocky ground. But do you know what we did? We waited with what little fingernails we were left with because like I said… we needed answers.

This story picked up immediately after Kiss Me with Lies an
Halle Reads
2/5 Stars 🌟

20200406-194505

I have come to the conclusion that I need to stop reading duets as I just dont think they are for me. Which hey thats ok I can deal with that. I will say that this book was written well and was very engaging. I was just disappointed with the way the story played out.

Bury Me With Lies is book two in the Twin Lies Duet and CAN NOT be read as a standalone

This book takes place right where book 1 ended and to say I was a little underwhelmed is an understatement. The story held my att
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "Alma Perdida!!!" stars***

THE DUET IS NOW COMPLETE!

"I desire the things which will destroy me in the end. -Sylvia Plath

Honestly, i don't know how to start this review and how to tell you more about it...
Well, I was waiting like crazy to dive in this book since the first part left me with my jaw dropped in a way...
I needed so many freakin' answers and from already the prologue with Madison's POV the author dragged me into her sinister world, in their web of lies, for once again...

"So
Tara Horowitch -Sexy Book Divas
Phenomenal!

“When you love someone, it’s easy to fool yourself into believing it’s hate instead. They’re two sides of the same coin, both one and the same, and the two emotions are starting to blur together for me.”

The suspense and deceit had me on one crazy ride. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time while reading. Every twist and turn holds your captive, and it as you trying to figure out the truth about what happened to Mackenzie’s sister.

““I’m going to take from you. I’m going to take
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
BMWL - wide AN

This is the concluding part of the story and I was so excited to get started with this one that I picked it up the minute it landed on my kindle.
This starts right where we left off with that dramatic cliff drive and the resulting aftermath and if the previous book was all about burying and hiding the truth this second instalment is all about exposing the dark underbelly of all there shared pasts and exposing the truth to the world and Baz will have to take a big leap of faith right alongside Mac
Sentranced Jem
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2020
As I was reading the book, I realised that so many things had happened already and I was only at the 35% mark. It was then that I started to get sceptical yet hopeful for what's the come.

I think I can say with certainty that halfway through the book, I knew what the ending would be. I figured it out but was the ride to the end boring? Not at all.

This was worth not doing the chores because I was completely utterly captivated by Baz and Mackenzie. They bring out the worst and the best in each oth
ABookLover73
FIVE "MUST READ" STARS for Mackenzie and Baz 💙🖤💙🖤!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

WOW!!!

I'm speechless...

Beautiful, interesting, suspense and emotional!

"Kiss Me With Lies" the first book from "The Twin Lies Duet" was the first book that I've read by S.M. Soto, and I absolutely fell in love with her writing.

I thought that the second book will be good the same as the first one.

But, I was so wrong.

It was much better.

It was better than I expected and I totally loved it!

It also made me cry because the ending was bittersweet!
Carla Bulian
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was a fine end.
I liked this series but I thought this story had so much drama. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Lien
DNF at 39%

This book is very dangerous for people who get easily frustrated, namely me.

You’d THINK the plot can only get better after that first book, AFTER THAT CLIFFHANGER, and the author will FINALLY give you the desired revenge part of the story but THINK AGAIN. I WAS WRONG.

➤ There were so many unnecessary scenes and details. WHO WANTS TO KNOW HOW THE FACILITY LOOKS LIKE, even some of the flashbacks weren’t really necessary. All I wanted was some progress, some new developments but what I got
Shatarupa  Dhar
This book continues the story of Book One of the Twin Lies Duet, Kiss Me With Lies.

Synopsis:
Trent Ainsworth, Zach Covington, Marcus Whitehorn, Sebastian Pierce, and Vincent Hawthorne – the literal bad boys – are back. But Mackenzie Wright, will she be back? And what will be her next step in her crusade for avenging her sister – Madison's – murderers? And where exactly does Baz Kingston fit into all this?

Review:
The way things ended in Book One of the Twin Lies Duet – Kiss Me With Lies – t
Elle's Book Blog
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Release Date: April 6, 2020
Actual Rating: 4.25 stars

Romantic Suspense | Romance Duet #2

Bury Me with Lies is the epic conclusion to the Twin Lies duets and it packs a punch! Twists and turns abound in the final novel and readers are going to be anxiously turning the pages in anticipation of what’s to come next. If you’re a fan of S.M. Soto and/or romantic suspense novels then this is a fantastic series to read! I was glued to both stories and enjoyed how everything came together in the end.
Mickeysreads
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star, 2020-read
ARC RECEIVED FOR A HONEST REVIEW

HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SHIT

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY

Plot twist coming from the right to the left from behind from EVERYWHERE. Except for one twist that I called out during the first book, at the gala, I just knew it then. But everything else OMG. I’m speechless right now.

When I reviewed the first book, I mentioned it was more about Baz and Mackenzie and less about the murder suspense. This book had the PERFECT blend of both. Omg when I finally thought I figured
shirley ♡
After reading the ending of Kiss Me with Lies, I was really excited to read this book. This is the second book of the Twin Lies duology and begins right where the first one ended.

I really enjoyed the plot of this series. It has the mystery, thriller & suspense that makes you not want to stop reading. You’re always wondering who did it and obviously, you don’t trust anyone because at one point everyone seems guilty.

In this book we learned more about Baz. In the first book he was a really myster
Na
Apr 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, I don't know what happened here. After Kiss Me With Lies I was so excited to continue this Mack's and Baz's story. I was on a high and wanted to fly with them. But after the first still exciting chapters, this book somehow lost me. It let me crash without warning. I was left with a high I wanted to chase. But it never came. The flow and the pace of the story changed and as much as Mack started to irritate me, I fell deeper for Baz.

I can't say more without to spoil and I try not to do that
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
Shocking.
Tragic.
Sexy.
Ominous.
Twisted.
Stunningly touching.
A top page turner of 2020!
Soto's words are riveting and unforgettable!

If you thought Kiss Me with Lies shook you, you haven't seen ANYTHING yet! Bury Me With Lies is even better!!! S.M. Soto cranked it up times 10!

Ahhhhh! I just need everyone to read this so we can discuss all the craziness that goes down! The savages? More vicious! The lies? Deeper than you think! The betrayal? Unforgivable and the suspense? HOLY. CRAP!! And that's no
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 3.5-4/ 5 stars

Read this review at your own discretion. Although I didn't outright give spoilers, I think there is a lot of clues and things you might be able to read in what I say about how it all made me feel.

I'm not gonna lie, the first 50% of this book were really disapointing me. Lots of things happened that I wasn't expecting and it felt like there was no progress towards the heroine's goal, only setbacks and the hope that I had for her getting her revenge and justice for her siste
Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
I apologize for the length of this review in advance.

KISS ME WITH LIES (TWIN LIES #1) REVIEW

It’s Britney, Bitch!
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

Baz, come here!!!
description

“I'm feeling electric tonight
Cruising down the coast going 'bout 99
Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight.”

Summertime Sadness – Lana Del Rey

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
Mackenzie is in danger. How did her sist
Priscilla⚡️happy.endings.required⚡️
5 "We'll never be done, Dirty Girl" Stars!!

Second night in a row I stayed up way too late finishing a book...
and I still don't regret it.

No amount of trauma or even a brain injury could ever erase this man from my mind. He is ingrained in every single part of me. His name written across my skin like a tattoo, a branding I can't seem to part with

What an EPIC conclusion to the Twin Lies Duet!
For those that were tortured by book 1, prepare for the torture to continue and worsen in book 2.
Bur
Rebellious bird
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommend
Just WOW !!!! I haven't sleep ,eat and showered for two days until i finish the whole series ! I cried when finished! I am so completely in love with Mac and her story ! She is one amazing heroine ,and after so much twist i am so happy that she found her happiness ! I am not ready to leave this book ! This is the reason i keep my 5 stars ,for book like this one ! Solid 5 Stars ! I am so emotionally exhausted , that i feel like any book now , wouldn't be enough for me from now on! So let me prepe ...more
queen_of_the_books_18
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bury Me With Lies in part two of the Twin Lies duet and jumps straight back into the action after the most epic cliffhanger in Kiss Me With Lies.

Sometimes, the two people who should be apart are the ones who find their way to each other.

I love reading about a love story that defies all odds. A love that shouldn’t work but does. A love that is messy but passionate at the same time and that is exactly what SM Soto gives you with Bury Me With Lies.

Women didn’t come between the Savages, but she al
Athena D.
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 STARS

I stayed up all night reading this book! I couldn’t put it down. The final book in the Twin Lies duet was EVERYTHING!!! Oh, I could definitely be on board to be Baz’s Dirty Girl!!!

This book me had me on the edge of my seat with the mystery of Madison’s death, all the unanswered questions and with my worry for Mackenzie’s well-being. I loved Mackenzie’s character and especially her tumultuous relationship with Sebastian. This book was so worth the wait!!!

I highly recommend thi
Manoela
4 Stars

Bury Me with Lies is the continuation of the electrifying story of Baz and Mackenzie, and if the end of book 1 left us full of questions, here we finally managed to discover the truth. I think the end of this story lived up to the journey of these characters and delivered a satisfying ending.

Mackenzie was a character that irritated me at certain moments in the story, despite understanding her motivations and thirst for revenge at various times, I wanted to have the power to enter the sto
Shyralf
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars!
Vanessa (nessreads)
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To say I’ve been anticipating the conclusion of the Twin Lies duet would be a huge understatement. After that cliffhanger at the end of Kiss Me with Lies I still desperately needed answers and as soon as I started Bury Me with Lies, I was on the edge of my seat needing to know how everything would end.

My heart ached for Mackenzie and everything that’d happened to her and everything she’s still going through. More than anything I wanted to wrap her up and hug her tight. Mackenzie is such a fierce
Keri Loves Books
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WORTH THE WAIT! The author will take you on a seemingly never-ending emotional roller coaster and you will love it!

Book one left us with an epic cliffhanger and book two picked up right where she left us with our jaws dropped.

You’ll get answers to every burning question you have. The smolder will continue to ignite into a conflaguration between Baz and Mackenzie. A few surprises I never expected keep you devouring this intriguing read. A truly hauntingly beautiful duet you just can’t stop thinki
NativeHippiesBookObsession
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“We’ll never be done, Dirty Girl.”

This book was nothing like I thought it would be and thank God for that because I couldn’t in my wildest dreams imagined such a masterpiece.

This story picks up from the first book. It’s a mystery wrapped in a satin bow woven with raw intensity, secrets, lies, betrayal, love and truths, just waiting to be unraveled. I choked on the thick fog of anticipation, it clogged my lungs and rattled my chest. My mind was warped with fear and thrill and the illusion of what
maia❤️
This book was a whole emotional rollercoaster. It really was plot twist after plot twist (I read this all in 5 hours because I couldn’t put out it down). Twin Lies was 100% one of the best duologies I’ve ever read - I need to go and see if this author has written any more books because both the storyline and character development was done incredibly well!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Mum's the Word (Bennet Brothers, #3)
  • Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Dance For Me (Alder Academy #1)
  • Without You
  • Rise: The Interlude (Black Hearts Still Beat, #2)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • Julian (Trinity Academy #4)
  • Hearts and Thorns
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • The Rise of Monsters (Angelus, #1)
  • Bittersweet Love (Written in The Stars #2; Bittersweet)
  • Creeping Beautiful (Creeping Beautiful, #1)
  • Pike (The Pawn Duet, #1)
  • The Best Man
  • Breathless
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
S.M. Soto was born and raised in Northern California where she currently resides with her son. Her love for reading began when she was a young girl, and has only continued to grow into adulthood. S.M. lives for reading books in the romance genre and writing novels with relatable characters. She refers to herself as a bit of a romance junkie. S.M. loves to connect with readers and eat copious of do ...more

Twin Lies (2 books)
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)