Start by marking “Dispel Illusion (Impossible Times, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dispel Illusion (Impossible Times, #3)

Dispel Illusion

(Impossible Times #3)

Sometimes being wrong is the right answer.

Nick Hayes’s genius is in wringing out the universe’s secrets. It’s a talent that’s allowed him to carve paths through time. But the worst part is that he knows how his story will end. He’s seen it with his own eyes. And every year that passes, every breakthrough he makes, brings him a step closer. Mia’s accident is waiting for the
Published November 14th 2019 by 47North

Start your review of Dispel Illusion (Impossible Times, #3)
Mark Lawrence
Apr 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dispel Illusion is out in audio / hardback / paperback TODAY!!

You can order the signed and numbered hardback edition now!

++++++++++++

I have copies!

Wobble is guarding this one fiercely.

STOP PRESS!

The Americans among you may like to know that there are 100 e-copies of Dispel Illusion being given away on Goodreads!

And so far only 197 entries. Just click and you're in.

The US restriction is a global one on ebook giveaways via Goodreads as I understand it.
Robin Hobb
Jun 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The usual Caveat: Mark Lawrence and I are friends who have never met, courtesy of the internet. I do not think that affects my review of this book. After all, I bought it!

Dispel Illusion is an eminently satisfying conclusion to the Impossible Times trio. Friendships are revisited, threads are pursued to their logical conclusion, all while remaining true to the characters introduced in One Word Kill.

This is solid story-telling.

No spoilers. I will say that there were moments in this that I hadn'
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Final review, co-written with Kat, and first posted on Fantasy Literature:

Dispel Illusion is the final book in Mark Lawrence’s IMPOSSIBLE TIMES trilogy. (Readers will need to finish One Word Kill and Limited Wish before beginning Dispel Illusion, so we’ll assume you’ve done that.) Kindly, Mark Lawrence provides a recap of previous important events at the beginning of this book. (Thank you, Mr. Lawrence!) Then the story begins, literally, with an explosion. It’s a singular explosion, though: time
Hamad
This Review ✍️ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

“The two saving graces of explosions are that from the outside they’re pretty and from the inside they’re quick.”

One Word Kill ★★★ 3/4
Limited Wish ★★★★
Dispel Illusion ★★★★ 1/2

I am in awe of this series because every book was better than the last one and I would have never asked for a different finale. I am usually disappointed with trilogies as I feel closure is something difficult to get but not with this series! A perfect ending to a gre
Khurram
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The stage of destiny

A great ending to a great trilogy. I really enjoyed every book of the trilogy. This is the best time travel story I have read so far. Mark's background gives the science of the story extra authenticity.

Nick and Mia have come through a number of trials an tribulations of both time and life. Now Nick mush face his greatest challenge, to change his fate of becoming Demus which will lead to his own death.

This book takes place in 1992, 1985 and 2011. The different eras of Nick's
Mark Lawrence
Sep 28, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hollis
Well well welllllll.

This series has been a wild ride of weirdness, geekiness, violence, and wtf'ery. That last mostly in the sense of "I have no idea what's happening, I'm so dumb, this book is hella smart, why am I reading this." But this final installment?

W o w.

Not only is this my favourite of the set, it also wraps everything so.. perfectly. The cleverness of the author, of bringing all these convoluted strands of time, events, people, and more, together, is just unreal. Again, I stumbled my
Adam
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I told (her) that this had been the time I was going to allocate to catching up on all those great fantasy books I never managed to get round to reading. She told me that they were still publishing great fantasy books, with more coming out each week than I could read in a year. I told her to shut up.

---

“Every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part we call ‘the Prestige,” claims Christopher Nolan’s script in his 2006 film of the same name. This third act of an illusion must rely on the str
Alina
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Let's say that most of the questions regarding time travel are pretty much covered, and yet I still had some left: the first time Demus traveled back in time, how did he become bald in 1986, so that his memory is always this of the bald man? (view spoiler) ...more
Bradley
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, 2020-shelf
What a fantastic end to this time-travel SF trilogy!

Each volume gives us a firm grounding in these friends' cool D&D sessions and twists the events into very clever plots full of deception, imperfect memory, and time-paradox filled with the possibility of entire lost universes. Of course, it's not a good D&D session without REALLY high stakes, right?

But as this particular title implies, there may... or may not... be a lot of deception going on within the pages. Of course, revealing the spell, t
Zitong Ren
There were like multiple timelines that followed the same characters and everyone was travelling all over the place since it’s about time travel and it really messed with my brain which is barely functioning at this point. Since I haven’t been bothered to write full reviews on any of these books in this trilogy(sorry about that, just wasn’t in the mood for it), I will say that it is very smart with lots of scientific stuff about it that I don’t understand but it didn’t stop me from enjoying the ...more
The Cats’ Mother
This is the first book I’ve ever “read” as an audiobook! I read and very much enjoyed the first two parts of the trilogy last year, but somehow missed seeing this come up on NetGalley so bought it, then saw that for a couple of extra $ I could get the audio version. I have just started an audible subscription, mainly for running, but thought that this might also be something my husband would enjoy too, even though he hasn’t read the previous two, so we tried it out for a long car journey and bot ...more
Trish
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are, all of us, endless.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! What a mind fuck. Of course, it's a timey wimey story so you need to have at least one knot in your brain by the time you finish it. ;)

For this third and final volume we're back with Nick, Mia, John and Simon. Actually, we are back with several versions of them, at a number of different point in time. We're also back with the D&D since that is such a great influence on Nick and his friends.
Nick has become a Nobel Prize winner and famous scientist. He
FanFiAddict
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 9.0/10

Thanks to the author for an advance reading copy of Dispel Illusion (Impossible Times #3) in exchange for an honest review. Receiving this eARC did not influence my thoughts or opinions.

The stories of our lives don’t behave themselves; they don’t have clear
beginnings, and even death isn’t a clear end. We just do what we can, we take what kindness and joy we find along the way, we ride the rapids as best we’re able.

If anyone could write a novel that grabs the threads from the previo
Olivia
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dispel Illusion is the third book in the Impossible Times series.

For almost all of it I tried to solve the time travel puzzle that Lawrence has set up, and for almost all of it I didn't manage.

Then, however, just before the climax, I understood where this was headed, and here's why I'm torn: it's a time travel series that makes sense (at least to me) and ends up with a satisfying conclusion BUT wasn't it all just a tiny bit too convenient by the end? (It felt like part of the conclusion took awa
Paul E. Morph
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
A really great ending to an incredibly fun trilogy. Mark Lawrence must have plotted this out meticulously because he wraps it all up with a bow, albeit not a very neat one. I had an absolute blast with this SF series and will definitely be checking out the author's other work.
Jon Adams
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nailed it.
Queen Terrible Timy
This review was originally posted on my blog RockStarlit BookAsylum!

I've got an uncorrected proof copy through Netgalley. Thanks to 47North and Mark Lawrence for the opportunity.

"I had left that boy behind in my wake, just as we all abandon the children we were. Slow or fast, the years pull us apart from them, sometimes in one savage yank, sometimes by degrees, like the hour hand of the clock, too stealthy for us to perceive its motion and yet when you look again it is no longer where you le
Marielle
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-own
I loved it, the whole trilogy but this last one best. I loved the way it ended and I loved how the characters feel like friends now.
I didn't really try to understand the time travel stuff, just took it for granted and I loved that I could and still thoroughly enjoy the story.
I would recommend this series to, well, ehm... everyone!
Chip
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great conclusion. Took me a bit to absorb some of those time paradoxes, but well done!
Chris
Review now Live at Grimdark Magazine.

“Sometimes being wrong is the right answer.” That’s a great lead on the blurb for this book, and only makes sense after the experience has completed. Dispel Illusion is the third and final installation of the Impossible Times trilogy, and it truly brings everything full circle.

I reviewed Book One, One Word Kill and Book Two, Limited Wish last year at Grimdark Magazine. I was blown away by how Lawrence pulled me into the story and kept surprising me throughout
Bibliyohan Blackthorn ➰
"All good stories come full circle in the end."

Mark Lawrence is a genius, I can't think of nothing else to describe him as an author.

Dispel Illusion definitely wrapped the trilogy way better than I expected. This book just caught me off guard and everything in me starts to unravel- emotionally speaking, that is - especially with that multiverse theory which I've clung to for most of my life and how all of us are infinities and somehow, it's a comfort for me if not for everybody.

"We can look at o
B
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Good

If you’ve read the first two books in the Impossible Times trilogy, then you already know that time travel, DnD and Nick and Mia are the heart of this rip roaring tale of friendships, love and winding paths.

As with the two predecessor novels, this book is short and quick (around 300 pages) and zips by. Darting from the 1980s to 2011, with dalliances in quantum physics and the danger - or cost- or ‘knowing’ your future.

There’s a surprising amount to digest in this bite sized morsel of a b
Cheyenne
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Binge read the entire trilogy!
Hank
May 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I was left somewhat unsatisfied by this ending. I will attempt not to spoiler it, but will probably fail. This trilogy was a fun sort of blend of sci-fi and D&D. Lawerence had some good thoughts about the nature of existence but ultimately this felt like a personal time travel game as if Lawrence was going to write a more ambitious trilogy (his specialty) in the future and wanted to try out some time travel ideas.

The time travel piece was seriously complicated and I sometimes got a bit lost but
J.P. Ashman
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic finale to a tremendous trilogy!

Wow, what a thought-provoking, twist'n'turning, nostalgic, time-hopping, geek-loving, D&D celebrating, action-packed, character-developing and satisfying conclusion to what has turned out to be a thoroughly enjoyable tale of time travel, friends, enemies, science, relationships, heartache and love.

Buy them. Read them. Rejoice in their cleverness and fun. Highly, highly recommended. The narration is also fantastic.
Phillip
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Must Read Conclusion

Mark Lawrence always sticks the landing on his endings. This was no different. Amazing how close you feel to the characters. Just a fantastic trilogy!
Cj
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure about the series at first when it was first suggested to me. I would usually just read it when I had the time. But oh man! Right when I go to this last book, I couldn't wait to finish it. I've never been more satisfying when a books ending before. Almost wish it would keep going. Tied everything up perfectly.
Samuel Craven
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing. Utterly brilliant. Beautiful and marvellous and fantastic. And I'm so sad it's finished because I just want more of everything it had to offer. READ. THIS. SERIES.
Calvin Park
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi
Dispel Illusion is the conclusion to Mark Lawrence’s Impossible Times trilogy. Like its two predecessors, this is a twisty tale with wonderful sci-fi underpinnings. But where this one truly excels is in giving an entirely satisfying conclusion to the various threads left hanging by the first two novels in the series. Lawrence has given us an ending to his trilogy that sticks the landing.

Like the previous two books in the series, Lawrence does a fantastic job of crafting the character of Nick Ha
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Dispel Illusion [Nov 16, 2019] 14 25 Jan 27, 2020 04:44PM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Then and back again - Timey-wimey-adjacent Book Club 237 91 Jan 16, 2020 01:08AM

• A Mark of Kings (The Shattered Reigns Book 1)
  • Blood Tally (Valkyrie Collections, #2)
  • The Unbound Empire (Swords and Fire #3)
  • Blood of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #3)
  • Jewel of the Endless Erg (Mage Errant #2)
  • Six Sacred Swords (Weapons and Wielders, #1)
  • Armor World (Undying Mercenaries, #11)
  • Perfectly Preventable Deaths
  • Clone World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 12)
  • The October Man (Rivers of London, #7.5)
  • The Grey Bastards (The Lot Lands, #1)
  • Into the Labyrinth (Mage Errant #1)
  • Age of Legend (The Legends of the First Empire, #4)
  • A Little Hatred (The Age of Madness, #1)
  • A Time of Courage (Of Blood and Bone, #3)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • In the Dark
  • Bless Your Heart (Fairy Tales of a Trailer Park Queen, #1)
[My new books The Girl And The Stars and Dispel Illusion are out now!]

Blog here: http://mark---lawrence.blogspot.co.uk/

Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/MarkLawrence...

Three-emails-a-year newsletter here:
http://eepurl.com/cimnK1 #Prizes #FreeContent

I'm even on Tumblr!

Pintrest!

& Instagram

Impossible Times (3 books)
  • One Word Kill (Impossible Times #1)
  • Limited Wish (Impossible Times, #2)