Start by marking “Kitchen Table Wisdom & My Grandfather's Blessings (Remen Box Set)” as Want to Read:
Kitchen Table Wisdom & My Grandfather's Blessings (Remen Box Set)

Kitchen Table Wisdom & My Grandfather's Blessings (Remen Box Set)

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  177 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Rachel Remen and her work are pure inspiration. Let her stories heal your heart and soul." (Christiane Northrup, M.D., author of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom)
Paperback, 1 page
Published October 1st 2001 by Riverhead Trade

To ask other readers questions about Kitchen Table Wisdom & My Grandfather's Blessings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitchen Table Wisdom & My Grandfather's Blessings

Sherry
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Many wonderful insights as to spiritual knowledge and worth of finding it and, for me, proof it really exists. That there is a God and we have a purpose and it is important to believe this to truly heal yourself. I liked "My Grandfather's Blessings" better but both are books well worth reading.
Allison
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The evidence of how deeply Remen's books resonate with me? I just keep buying them and giving them away.
David Roberts
I read this wonderful, two-volume set, one chapter per day, for the better part of 2013. Based loosely on the author's conversations with her grandfather (who was a Rabbi) when she was a child, as well as many of her experiences as a physician, patient, and counselor for cancer patients, each 2-4 page chapter contains a story about what it is like to be a human being. Each self-contained story contains a pearl of wisdom about the nature of life or mystery or spirituality, or death.

The stories ar
Lia
Nov 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Some of the most grounded healing literature available, these two volumes contain the healing journey and wisdom of a woman who had been the most professional and ambitious type of doctor, constantly struggling with Crohn's disease. She finally saw that western medicine wasn't helping her to get better. And she looked beyond the hospital and pharmacy for healing. Eventually she became a counselor for people who are dying or have chronic diseases or conditions. The stories she relates are from he ...more
Shulamit
Oct 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
If you read her once, you'll keep reading all her stuff... Rachel Naomi Remen is a magnificent wounded healer, a heart warming and heart opener. True stories, that's what she loves writing. Though written 10 years before "My Grandfather's Blessings", and you can feel her maturity grew, I loved this one too. It is svery worth the reeding!
Melissa
May 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
It may have just been the time in my life but I enjoyed reading these and will pick both of them up occasionally. They are full of short stories and things she has learned from other people. I find them rather thought-provoking.
Carmen
Jan 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2007
plenty of feel good words to read ...
Judy
Apr 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone seeking spiritual insights from a very personal perspective.
Recommended to Judy by: A dear friend, sister
Shelves: my-favorites
I had read Kitchen Table Wisdom years ago, but a friend referred me to this book because of a portion of it (that she'd typed out, put as a poster on her wall) that I liked. She loaned it to me ....
Kristen
Apr 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Just great! Makes you feel good.
Holly O'Donnell
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: illness-memoirs
favorite book!
Caroline
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
Wonderfully insightful book written by a female professor/MD from Stanford Med School. The type of book that stays with you. Highly recommended.
Carol
Apr 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Two of the most comforting and encouraging books I have ever read...a great help to me in a time of difficulty and discouragement.
Catherine
Mar 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love these stories. A good book by the bathroom read.
Wendy Zhang
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
after a busy day, late at night, i read these heart warming, spirit lifting essays. great books!
Cayley
Feb 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Feel good stories about life. This lady is a physician and a psychologist and she has some really great insights.
Harley
Aug 22, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • A Sense of Wonder: On Reading and Writing Books for Children
  • Receiving Answers to Our Prayers
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Answered Prayers: 101 Stories of Hope, Miracles, Faith, Divine Intervention, and the Power of Prayer
  • Cupid's Poisoned Arrow: From Habit to Harmony in Sexual Relationships
  • Living in the Eleventh Hour: Preparing for the Glorious Return of the Savior
  • Cup Of Comfort
  • It's A God Thing: When Miracles Happen to Everyday People
  • When You Can't Do It Alone
  • Being Enough
  • The Four Things That Matter Most: A Book About Living
  • Waiting on God
  • The Dark Night of the Soul: A Psychiatrist Explores the Connection Between Darkness and Spiritual Growth
  • Goodbye, I Love You
  • God's Answers to Life's Difficult Questions
  • A Quiet Heart
  • Chief Justice: A Biography of Earl Warren
  • 75 Habits for a Happy Marriage: Marriage Advice to Recharge and Reconnect Every Day
  • It's All in Your Head: Thinking Your Way to Happiness
Rachel Naomi Remen is one of the earliest pioneers in the mind/body holistic health movement and the first to recognize the role of the spirit in health and the recovery from illness. She is Co-Founder and Medical Director of the Commonweal Cancer Help Program featured in the Bill Moyers PBS series, Healing and the Mind and has cared for people with cancer and their families for almost 30 years.
More about Rachel Naomi Remen

$12.99 $1.99
  • Who Gets What — and Why: The New Economics of Matchmaking and Market Design
  • The Card Catalog: Books, Cards, and Literary Treasures
    $19.99 $1.99
  • The Relationship Cure: A 5 Step Guide to Strengthening Your Marriage, Family, and Friendships
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Without a Doubt
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done (Harperbusiness Essentials)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Trip to Echo Spring: On Writers and Drinking
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Paris Letters
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Secret History of the Mongol Queens: How the Daughters of Genghis Khan Rescued His Empire
  • Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $10.99 $1.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation