Start by marking “Choose Me” as Want to Read:
Choose Me

Choose Me

In Choose Me, RC Boldt brings us an unforgettable, heart-wrenching coming-of-age romance...

Wearing the nicest suit I own, I stand in the very back with a flask full of whiskey in my inner pocket. I put on a brave face as I watch her walk down the aisle.

Because it’s too late.

I refuse to be the bastard who makes her cry on her wedding day, but I’m dying to tell her what I’v
Published May 21st 2019 by RC Boldt Publishing, LLC (first published April 7th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Choose Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choose Me

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Ok here it is....

I have no hair left....

My nails are chewed off......

This author has the ability to stop everything around me, and make me glued to her books. Yet this one, I feel is a bit different than her previous ones. Not a bad thing, I absolutely adored it. Yes it drove me nuts with the angst, I literally lost my hair and my nails in the process of reading this book. Heck, I'm lucky I still have a kindle left with the banging it took.

From the start of this book, I was stolen into the wo
Rejane
May 21, 2019 marked it as not-interested
2nd Update: another great honest review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
I knew if we waited a little longer many truths would be revealed 🤣🤣🤣

UPDATE: There it is folks. The 1st honest review. Now I understand why the others were being so mysterious 🤔🤔🤔🤔.

I mean no disrespect but can these ARC reviews be more original or at least talk a little more specifically about the plot? Heart warming, emotional, great story, wonderful slow burn friends to lov
Lydia
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not safe

There is a descriptive sex scene of the hero and other woman on prom night.
Hero was the heroine’s first kiss, but she wasn’t his.
Hero was the heroine’s first sexual partner, but she wasn’t his. He slept with one girl before....same girl from prom night.

The virgin heroine thing ruined the whole book...why did the heroine feel the need to save her virginity for the hero, but he didn’t feel the same until after he lost his.

Their sexual history wasn’t clear after their fallout. I’m not su
London
Not safe descriptive sex with OW and another fucking virgin heroine
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Super angsty second chance romance. Likable characters. My heart broke for them, and I was full saris with the HEA.

Beta read
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
I feel like Choose Me is unlike anything R.C. Boldt has ever written. It's a slow burn, but the burn is given to us in snapshots of time over the course of Hollis & Magnolia's lives. We meet them as children, and get immediately hooked on their sweet, innocent, fiercely loyal friendship. And from there, we are given the opportunity to fall in love (or maybe get our hearts broken) with this couple at every stage. We see them grow - together and apart. We see the hurtles that kept them apart, ...more
Elizabeth
May 25, 2019 marked it as nope-nope-nope
SPOILERS

Will the virgin heroine trope die this year? Probably not, but a girl can dream.

Heros DO NOT deserve virginity as a reward/some type of commodity. If he doesnt have to preserve anything special for the heroine than neither should she.

Also for some reason the author put a detailed sex scene of the hero with another woman in the book which based on reviews sounded like it was completely unnecessary, why do we need a play by play of him losing his virginity as a contrast to him taking th
Tracy  C
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RC Boldt hits you with the feels from the first page and keeps the emotions on simmer for the whole book. Hollis and Magnolia are best friends. On the outside, they appear complete opposites. On the inside, they are a matching set. With horrible mothers that create crippling self doubt, they are each other's life boat in the storm. So many missed opportunities because neither feel worthy or have enough confidence to speak their hearts truth. My heart ached till the end for these two but burst wi ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I have so many mixed feelings about the book. I loved the parts that happened before the time Hollis read the letter and disliked some of the things that happened after that. The first part was great with one exception and the second part was rushed and made no sense to me. It basically ruined the romance that was building.

I hated that we read about Hollis losing his virginity to another woman. It was described and not just mentioned and I still wonder why we needed to know that. Or that he and
Kahea
***5 ‘Pop Rocks’ Stars***

Oh my heart!
No seriously
My heart is all kinds of hungover right now.
This book was emotionally draining while being absolutely fulfilling all at the same time
Hell.
My eyes did that leaking thing and we all know how I feel about that. (If you don’t, I’m NOT a fan because it will mess up my eye make up *smirk*)
But this book. Hollis and Magnolia just killed me, in the best of ways, but still…

Hollis and Magnolia. I adored these two from the start. They are both simply good
Dana
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally!!!!!! Have you seen the music video for “Marry Me” by Thomas Rhett??? Well, I have and I have been saying.....someone needs to write a book.....wahoo!!!! RC did it!!!!!

Hollis and Magnolia.....two unlikely friends.....two families full of secrets.....but they still held fast with their friendship and love.

I adored Magnolia as a child and “watching” her grow into the strong, determined woman was such a joy!!! And Hollis.....oh my Hollis!!! He stood by his girl and would sacrifice anything
Anne OK
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
From the time they were eight years old, Hollis and Magnolia have been best friends sharing the best and worst life has to offer. One from a prominent southern family -- the other not so rich from a broken and messed up family. One thing for sure -- I loved Mr. Jay -- he was what a real father should be. And who could ask for a better hero than Hollis? The boy stole my heart! The man was irresistible.

The angst runs deeply through this couple's story. By the time I reached the end, I was worn ou
Tzelina
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely story!!!
Siobhan
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
R.C. Boldt has a way of sucking you into her work and Choose Me is a perfect example of how her stories grip you from the start to the end. Without a doubt, Choose Me is another fabulous read from R.C. Boldt.

From the very first page, I was sucked into this story. As soon as I started reading, I found I could not put the book down. I was lost, gone, hooked, and the rest of the world ceased to exist. I had to devour the story, and I did so in no time at all. I was in love with the characters and e
Thuy Taylor
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magnolia and Hollis are best friends. Very unlikely match since the beginning. She comes from wealth, status, all the above while Hollis has a good life but definitely not up to par with the status like Magnolia's grown up with. Magnolia grew up with a really tough to please mother. She needed to present herself a certain way, be around certain people and Hollis is definitely not on the list of people to hang out with. It was really tough sometimes to listen to her mother.

These two have been the
Lisa
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 yes ma’am and “but not like that” stars!
This book made me smile and fall in love with two beautiful souls co-existing in a world determined to tear them down. There was something endearing about this book. There were so many moments that tugged at your heartstrings and made you root for them not just as a couple but as individual people.

What’s really special about these two was their progression and growth over the years from 8 years old into adulthood. The strong friendship, loyalty and res
Kaitlyn
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There really are no words adequate enough to review this book. Because when I think of a best friends to lovers story this book embodies that and then some. After reading this book, there is just no better way to write a story like this then the way Ms. Boldt did. To not only get the present but the past. To see Magnolia and Hollis’ entire life and friendship. This is one of my favorite genres and Ms. Boldt blew me away. This book is and always will be one of my top reads ever. Hands down, no qu ...more
M. Nicolas
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it.
E.M. Summers
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Oh wow.

RC Boldt is quickly proving that she is one of the greatest indie romance writers of this generation.

I'm pretty sure I inhaled this book. Boldt has a habit of creating heroes I fall hard for, heart and soul, and it's the little details that count here—pop rocks and tin cans, anybody?

Structurally and emotionally, this was perfection combined with excellent writing. It's a slow-burn romance rooted in a beautiful friendship with super hot and believable love scenes and some true emotion add
Nova  Brantley
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s very hard to find a good one. So now I base them on my feels. And this was so sweet. I got teary eye and quite emotional with this one. And nowadays that’s not easy with books I’ve been reading, I tend to get bored and skip a lot or just don’t even bother. But I wanted to read this one all the way thru.

I didn’t like that he does end up being her stepbrother in the end, Those I don’t like like. 😝 but again can’t have them being 100%.
BookSmacked
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Choose Me was one of those epic love stories to me. It sucked me in, had me fully invested and had me reading well into the early hours of the morning. Unputdownable is how I would describe this book.

The two characters in this book, their story, their lives found a way into my heart. And even as I type this, in my head I am picturing certain imagery. Them as children, them as teenagers, them as adults. I'm picturing certain scenes, glances, hugs, kisses that were meant to be nothing but FELT LI
Lexi Cubbins
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've read my fair share of friends to lovers romance, but Choose Me was something else.

Rich girl meets poor boy and they soon become best friends. Against all odds they keep going strong, but eventually they have to answer themselves questions they are afraid of. It's not only hard for them to figure out their feelings for each other, but life keeps throwing curveballs at them that you don't see coming.
Sorry for being vague, but it's a complicated slow burn story, wouldn't want to give anything
Lori ~ BF Bookies
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s a new, swoony AF book boyfriend in town and his name is Hollis Barnes.

Ma’am.

I loved this book so much! It’s full of sweetness and sexiness and angst and delicious romantic goodness, and plenty of southern charm.

I loved everything about this story, with the exception of a few characters - bless their hearts - they are the ones you love to hate. But Hollis and Magnolia? Their pure hearts and kind souls have stolen my heart. I absolutely adore them. Even surrounded by so much ugline
Kathy
I think I've just finished my favorite book of the year (so far, but it might be hard to top!).

If slow burn romance is your jam, Choose Me is going to blow you away. You'll get all melty and swoony as you fall in love with Hollis and Magnolia.

This story spans nearly 2 decades and is told with such reverence and emotion, my heart is still pitter pattering in my chest at warp speed. This author does friends-to-lovers, slow burn, angsty romance so dang good. Whew.

I gave up much needed sleep becau
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
What a journey these two have been on. Hollis and Magnolia have a beautiful story filled with laughter, heartache, friendship, pain, and love. I didn’t want it to end.

I have loved each and every book I’ve read from Boldt. Each story unique yet packed with everything I love in a great story. Deep characters, so much emotion, ups and downs, all of it creating a story to get lost in.

I didn’t know what to expect when I dove into this story but I loved every bit of the rollercoaster it took me on. I
Renee Entress
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

The story has laughs, pain, sadness, and heartbreak.

This is Magnolia and Hollis’s story. This story is packed full of backstory. These two are friends but he loves her. Will she ever love him the way he loves her, or will she only ever be his friend? Watching the one you want to walk down the aisle to another is the toughest thing he ever had to do. Can he really do that, or will he finally admit to her that he needs, loves, and wants her forever. You get plenty of back story with this
Jennifer Shiflett
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book sucked me in from the very beginning, and I couldn’t put it down until I finished around 1 A.M. this morning.

Hollis and Magnolia are best friends. They meet when they’re 8 years old, and you see the progression of their relationship in snapshots as the years pass. It’s a slow burning, southern romance that you won’t want to put down.

Easily one of my top books for the year!
Marlena Salinas
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely ADORED this book!!! R.C. Boldt is quickly becoming a must-read author for me. This is a sweet, slow burn story filled with tons of coming of age emotion, angst and decades worth of unrequited and unconditional love. Magnolia and Hollis are not just characters in a story, they're not just best friends either, they are life partners and in reading this book you get to share in their journey of life, loss, love and hope. I'm gonna go out on a ledge here and compare this story to the wr ...more
Up All Night Book Addict
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, reviews
Another unputdownable book from the lovely Boldt! A second chance romance like no other. A friends to hopeful yet unrequited lovers romance you will be so glad to have sunk your teeth into.

I adored this book. I wanted the guy to get his girl with such longing. The guy from less, the privileged girl who has a heart of gold. It's such a great build up for a great, long love story.

Magnolia and Hollis are the perfect couple. Friends since childhood. Life threw them so many curveballs, yet their frie
Aneesah
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great day in the mornin', but I didn't ever think I would finish this blazin' book!!!

Now that it's over, I can say it was enjoyable but, HOLY CRAP did it seem to take forever. I kind of wish I had read a few reviews beforehand although now that I think about it, if I HAD, I might never have started it so I think my "going in blind" approach was best.

Pretty standard friends to lovers fair however this one has TONS of backstory with us being introduced to the main characters Hollis and Magnolia (I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
**PLEASE NOTE**

RC is not regularly active on Goodreads but if you're looking for updated release dates and book descriptions, please check out her website at http://www.rcboldtbooks.com or her Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/rcboldtauthor.