Start by marking “Eleanor & Grey” as Want to Read:
Eleanor & Grey

Eleanor & Grey

Greyson East left his mark on me.

As the young girl who first fell for him, I didn’t know much about life. I did know about his smiles, though, and his laughs, and the strange way my stomach flipped when he was near.

Published April 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Eleanor & Grey, please sign up.

Christy
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!

photo 3725DEA9-B275-4B30-9247-BB227FF7DC1D_zpsyjl2bhyx.png

People didn’t have to talk about love to know that it existed. Love wasn’t only real because people said it out loud. No, love just kind of sat there quietly, in the shadows of the night, healing the cracks that lived on our heart.

No one writes a story quite like Brittainy C. Cherry. She is exceptional. I felt every word of this book in my heart. My words are feeling inadequate right now because this book was just that beautiful and sensational and I can’t properly describe how much
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ELEANORE & GREY: Is a full length standalone romance novel by Brittainy C. Cherry. Spoken in Dual POVs. Split up into two parts. This review will be as spoiler free as I can possibly make it.

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS Image and video hosting by TinyPic ❝ He was him..I was me..And we were us..This was us..This was our story. ❞

Eleanore & Grey is so unpredictable, utterly unique and unputdownable in every sense. This is not just your ordinary romance. It is co
Brittainy Cherry
Mar 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Eleanor & Grey, a Second Chance Romance, is coming this April 8th! <3
***
Greyson East left his mark on me.

Life was perfect…until it wasn’t, and when we were forced to go our separate ways, I held on to our memories, let go of my first crush, and wished for the day I’d find him again.

When my wish came true, it w
Bibi
Apr 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
**Spoilers**

How is it that Cherry continually recycles the same characters and plot?
And would it kill her to deviate from the norm by writing a story that doesn't include

A) Death of an off-page /on-page character which is then ruthlessly and simultaneously utilized as a tearjerker and plot twist.

B) The heroine "rescuing" the mostly despondent yet completely gorgeous widower/father/douchy hero

C) A heroine who's neither ambitious nor self-aware; living only to ensure the "happiness" of the widow
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We weren’t touching, but I swore I felt him. I felt his heartbeats. When he hurt, my heart cried. When he was in pain, my eyes were the ones to weep. That’s how close the two of us were. Our love story was so much more than a romantic tale. Our story was about friendship. About family. About looking out for those who always looked out for you. His soul was born to be loved by mine.

AMAZING!!! I am so in love with this story and Brittainy C. C
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
I am a huge Brittainy fan but this book fell short for me.

I loved teen Ellie and Grey. The first 30% of the book happens in 2003 when Grey is 17 and Ellie 16. I adored their relationship and how much they loved each other. Sadly life happened and they lost touch.

Fast forward 15 years and Grey and Ellie meet again. This is the part where the book lost a little of its magic for me. Grey lost his wife, which he loved deeply, and is father to 2 girls. Ellie is a nanny and starts working for him. S
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Wow.... Don’t you absolutely love a read where you get lost in it, taken away?? This read was it for me. It was like don’t touch me, do not talk me, just leave me alone so I can get to the end of this book

I have no doubt this journey will effect you, in many ways, but at the end, who can deny love

Hands down recommend this book for all you second chance trope lovers. Be prepared to smile, to cry-and I mean ugly cry, and be ready to love. This author has that beautiful magic to sweep you away ♥

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
NMmomof4
3.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: Right off the bat I have to say that Ms. Cherry always taps into my emotions, and she definitely did that with this book! I know to expect to shed at least a few tears when I pick her books up, and this didn't disappoint! I f-loved their past relationship. I f-loved Grey in the past. I, however, struggled some with the Grey of the present. I also struggled a lot with the fact that we don't hardly get any time with them as a couple in the present! It was mostly time-ju
Nilufer Ozmekik
Wow this is so emotional grief and friendship story! I loved Brittainy Cherry’s talented writing! I adore her Elements series !( Silent Waters and The Air he breathes are all my favorites) This book is a little softer if you compare it with her previous works.
This book is mostly about two people’s reconnection to pass through the obstacles the life throws at their way and share their loneliness after they lost their loved ones.
It’s a sweet, heartwarming family story. It’s about surviving again
Wil Loves Books!
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc, favorites, on-kindle
“5 - More of This, Stars!”

“Our love story was so much more than a romantic tale. Our story was about friendship. About family. About looking out for those who always looked out for you. His soul was born to be loved by mine.”

More of This. Yes, please More of This. More amazing, beautiful and quality writing like this is what we need in this world. Brittainy Cherry is so freaking talented. I don’t know how she does it but every new book of hers tops the last, and so on. She’s always in my
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Still Here Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

-Sometimes in life you just have to leap.
-You have to take the leap, and just trust that you can fly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eleanor Gable is a sixteen year old living in Raine, Illinois when Greyson East enters her life. She’s the awkward introvert who often felt invisible and could usually be found somewhere quiet reading, and he’s the popular gorgeous boy at her high school who could have any girl he wanted. She can’t figure it out, but for some reason he’s
Hulya Kara Yuksel
I'm feeling just like this... <3

Another wonderful book from Ms. Cherry! :)
Ps. Full review to come later!

Expected publication: April 8th 2019
*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤

----------------------

BLURB :

Greyson East left his mark on me.

Life was perfect…until it wasn’t, and whe
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Happy"

Starting a Brittainy C cherry book is like cocooning yourself in the most softest blanket that you’ve ever felt. Not only do you feel safe and warm, but there’s this kind of peace that centers you and you will give anything to try and keep that feeling. Her words are like a healing balm over broken hearts diminishing endless tears that had no choice, but to flow in the stream of utter despair on the flesh of the damaged and lost souls.

At just
Melanie A.
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
3.5 STARS!
"I think people underestimate how important just showing up is."
So . . . all the mixed reviews, I get it now.

And sorry, my wonderful GR friends, my review will also be mixed - though not for the same reason as many others.

0 - 40%: 5 STARS!

Nerdy, reserved teenage girl meets popular, outgoing teenage boy. Sounds cliché, I know, but honestly, the first half of this book was FABULOUS.

The writing was on-point. Every scene built up the story and the characters. Every scene was polish
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤5 stars❤

"We were still broken, and cracked, and growing and learning. We were mistakes and perfection, flowing streams and hurricanes."

Such a beautiful story, the journey of Eleonor and Grey is sweet,emotional and intense.It was realistic and original.

description

I adored the characters,Eleanor and Grey met when they were young , I liked how their story goes it was emotional. Eleanor is a fantastic heroine,strong and sweet. I could feel everything they went through.They have fears ,they make mistakes like
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Meh Stars
Dilek VT
Mar 24, 2019 marked it as nope  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: death-of-ex
First I was hesitant to read this book as I needed to know why they were separated in the first place so that I could decide if I wanted to read it or not. But the problem lies elsewhere, not why they were separated.

My dear friend Sanzida suggested that I read the following review, which she thought would help me to decide to read this book or not. And it really did.

Shortly, the heroine seems to be the second best to the hero who lost his wife and still
NiCoLeTa E.
***5+++ "Still here... & More of that..." stars***

"He was him. I was me. And we were us. This was us. This was our story." {Eleanor}

"She was her, I was me, and we were us. There was no label for it. We were just two people helping each other breathe." {Greyson}

I really don't know why i don't want to write reviews the way i always do when it's about a book by Brittainy C. Cherry!!!
The only sure is that I'm always emotionally overloaded and the words don't find the way to get out of me
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
This is Brittany at her finest! All finesse and spot on. Mixing the cute and the sad. Blending ray of sunshine with weeping skies. Perfect balance.

4,5 stars
“Our love story was so much more than a romantic tale. Our story was about friendship. About family."

This story is filled with moments.

Moments to smile tenderly with the meet cute of Eleanor and Grey at a party that bookworm Eleanor did not want to attend. I love that scene at the party. I can see it so clearly. It's cute funny and ju
Nas
- Spoilers

Eleanor & Grey? Should have been called Nicole & Grey because the second half was all about her and how much Grey loved her with all his heart.

Yes, I am in the minority here, but I despised this book. Although, I did adore part 1 but that adoration was completely ruined by the last half so that's always nice.

Note to self: ALWAYS FUCKING READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE STARTING A BOOK YOU ABSOLUTE DICKHEAD. I can only blame myself, it was my mistake reading this but never again.

Hero h
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Eleanor Gable and Greyson East came from two different worlds. A shared experience brought them together and formed an unlikely friendship. But as the friendship blossomed, they were forced to find their own path. Years later, they were brought back together but nothing was like what they knew and remembered.

“Please don’t do this…”
“Do what?”
“Make it so clear that I’m failing this family.”

It’s been a long time since
1-Click Addict Support Group
Brittainy Cherry, you have done it again, broken my heart to a gazillion pieces and then pieced it back together piece by piece. What a heartbreaking and breathtaking love story that spanned 15 years that left me a blubbering mess!

Right from the Prologue, your heart will be put through the ringer. Grey and Eleanor were there for each other when they were younger. They gave each other the strength to continue when they felt like they could not keep going. Fast forward 15 years and once again they
Grecia Robles
*** 4.5 More of That STARS ***

Cada vez Brittainy C. Cherry saca un libro nuevo en un SÍ tengo que leerlo y no es novedad que CASI todos me gusten por algo es una de las autoras que es un must para mí.
Su pluma es delicada con un toque de sensibilidad pero a la vez
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

OY!

Brittainy! Jeez!

Such a beautiful book.

Non-stop heartbreak. I think I never cried as much as I did with this book!

description

Part one of the book (the first 33%) takes us back to 2003.

It starts as this super-sweet young adult romance. The nerdy bookworm and the hot guy every girl at school wants.

First love and Harry Potter and smiles and dragonflies and red licorice and kung-fu movies and just showing up.

But then there are also the sad parts about their home lives that they can forget for a few hours whe
Talon
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Maybe all people needed sometimes was for someone to keep showing up for them during the hard days. Even when they tried their best to push everyone away."

👏Cue major freak out because I have finally read a five star book. I am so shook up right now! 👏

Does everything that Brittainy Cherry touch turn to gold and emotional break downs OR WHAT?! I mean seriously. How in the world does this woman write the books that she does?! HOW?! Every time I read a B. Cherry book, I'm reminded that deep down in
Ari
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 I am definitely sorry for not loving it more stars

Okay, so this is officially a major #MeNotYou with this one. I think I should love it more, but the sweetness overwhelmed me, and triggered all my diabetic impulses.

And it becomes even more apparent when you really feel nada for a book written by your unicorn author. And really, that's all that I can say for this because it's not like I have a lot to say. I don't hate this book, but I just don't love this either.

*cue sighs*
Elizabeth
Apr 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Update: I ended up reading this bc it was KU, and I am weak. All my thoughts below still stand. The heroine existed simply to give the hero a reward for having to go through losing the real love of his life. She will never know what it feels to be a first choice or be loved above all. She should have also had a love so they both come to the table from an equal place looking for a second chance at happiness, not a place where the heroine is just a default choice for him. The author tried to equiv ...more
Lo Bookfrantic
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review-ng, f-br

4.5★★★Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type:  Standalone
POV:  First Person - Dual

❝ He was him, I was me, and we were us. This was our story.

Eleanor Gable met Greyson East in high school when she was only sixteen years old.  While young they developed a close relationship regardless of their families social positions, they both knew what they had was special.

❝ I'd spent so much time hiding in the shadows.  I'd avoided people, because it felt safe being invisible.
Ashley
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, loves
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

No matter how swamped I become in my reading and reviewing schedule, I will forever continue to make time for Brittainy C. Cherry's books, even if I have to stay up all night to read. She writes one emotional hit after the next, each one better than the last. Right now I can't possibly imagine how she'll continue this upward trend after Eleanor & Grey, though if anyone can manage it, Brittainy will find a way. This book is the best of the best. Hands down,
Berry ♡ Nice
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an addicting read for me. A story well written it was unputdownable.

Fabulous story. It truly is but I don't think I'd call this a romance. Of course this is MY opinion. While it definitely has the element of romantic love I felt this story to be more about Eleanor's journey, Grey's journey, and then the special role they play in each other's journey.

This story had its beautiful, sad and happy moments. It's a road of heartbreak and the need to keep going when you've lost all your stren
Review, Five Stars, Contemporary Romance 1 3 Apr 10, 2019 06:07PM
  • The Ways We Lied
  • The Lying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5)
  • Tempt the Neighbor (Tempt, #3)
  • Method
  • Wild Light
  • ITUE
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Sinful Like Us (Like Us, #5)
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Thoroughly Whipped
  • Think Twice
  • Key to Hell (Hell Night, #4)
  • Malpractice
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar, #2)
  • A Million Drops of Rain (Puddle Jumping, #2)
  • Merrick
“Being human is weird.
I'd much rather be an alien.”
3 likes
“„I've never read Harry Potter,” he said, and for the first time in my life, I felt bad for Greyson East.

What a sad, sad life he lived.”
2 likes