Start by marking “Eleanor & Grey” as Want to Read:

Eleanor & Grey

(Chances #1)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  13,023 ratings  ·  2,202 reviews
Greyson East left his mark on me.

As the young girl who first fell for him, I didn’t know much about life. I did know about his smiles, though, and his laughs, and the strange way my stomach flipped when he was near.

Published April 6th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

·  13,023 ratings  ·  2,202 reviews

Start your review of Eleanor & Grey
Bibi
Apr 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
**Spoilers**

Cherry recycles the same characters and plot.
Really, would it kill her to deviate from the norm by writing a story that doesn't include

A) Death of an off-page /on-page character which is then ruthlessly and simultaneously utilized as a tearjerker and plot twist.

B) The heroine "rescuing" the mostly despondent yet completely gorgeous widower/father/douchy hero

C) A heroine who's neither ambitious nor self-aware; living only to ensure the "happiness" of the widower/father/douchy hero.

W
~Poppy~
May 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

“Nothing in life is personal, not really. Some people will love you for who you are today, others will hate you for it, and none of their opinions matter either way—not the good or the bad. Only you can define who you are. No one else has that right.”

“He was just him, I was me, and we were us.”

❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ELEANORE & GREY: Is a full length standalone romance novel by Brittainy C. Cherry. Spoken in Dual POVs. Split up into two parts. This review will be as spoiler free as I can possibly make it.

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS Image and video hosting by TinyPic ❝ He was him..I was me..And we were us..This was us..This was our story. ❞

Eleanore & Grey is so unpredictable, utterly unique and unputdownable in every sense. This is not just your ordinary romance. It
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I am a huge Brittainy fan but this book fell short for me.

I loved teen Ellie and Grey. The first 30% of the book happens in 2003 when Grey is 17 and Ellie 16. I adored their relationship and how much they loved each other. Sadly life happened and they lost touch.

Fast forward 15 years and Grey and Ellie meet again. This is the part where the book lost a little of its magic for me. Grey lost his wife, which he loved deeply, and is father to 2 girls. Ellie is a nanny and starts working for him. S
Brittainy Cherry
Mar 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Eleanor & Grey, a Second Chance Romance, is coming this April 8th! <3
***
Greyson East left his mark on me.

Life was perfect…until it wasn’t, and when we were forced to go our separate ways, I held on to our memories, let go of my first crush, and wished for the day I’d find him again.

When my wish came true, it was noth
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We weren’t touching, but I swore I felt him. I felt his heartbeats. When he hurt, my heart cried. When he was in pain, my eyes were the ones to weep. That’s how close the two of us were. Our love story was so much more than a romantic tale. Our story was about friendship. About family. About looking out for those who always looked out for you. His soul was born to be loved by mine.

AMAZING!!! I am so in love with this story and Brittainy C. C
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Wow.... Don’t you absolutely love a read where you get lost in it, taken away?? This read was it for me. It was like don’t touch me, do not talk me, just leave me alone so I can get to the end of this book

I have no doubt this journey will effect you, in many ways, but at the end, who can deny love

Hands down recommend this book for all you second chance trope lovers. Be prepared to smile, to cry-and I mean ugly cry, and be ready to love. This author has that beautiful magic to sweep you away ♥️
Nilufer Ozmekik
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow this is so emotional grief and friendship story! I loved Brittainy Cherry’s talented writing! I adore her Elements series !( Silent Waters and The Air he breathes are all my favorites) This book is a little softer if you compare it with her previous works.
This book is mostly about two people’s reconnection to pass through the obstacles the life throws at their way and share their loneliness after they lost their loved ones.
It’s a sweet, heartwarming family story. It’s about surviving again
NMmomof4
3.75 Stars

Overall Opinion: Right off the bat I have to say that Ms. Cherry always taps into my emotions, and she definitely did that with this book! I know to expect to shed at least a few tears when I pick her books up, and this didn't disappoint! I f-loved their past relationship. I f-loved Grey in the past. I, however, struggled some with the Grey of the present. I also struggled a lot with the fact that we don't hardly get any time with them as a couple in the present! It was mostly time-ju
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
3.5 STARS!
"I think people underestimate how important just showing up is."
So . . . all the mixed reviews, I get it now.

And sorry, my wonderful GR friends, my review will also be mixed - though not for the same reason as many others.

0 - 40%: 5 STARS!

Nerdy, reserved teenage girl meets popular, outgoing teenage boy. Sounds cliché, I know, but honestly, the first half of this book was FABULOUS.

The writing was on-point. Every scene built up the story and the characters. Every scene wa
Gabby
"More of that"
Ughhhh this book was so good. I had a feeling I would love it because Brittainy C Cherry is a favorite of mine, but damn this book made me emotional. Thanks to my bff Jacqueline for sending me a copy of this book! This story follows Eleanor and Greyson, who first meet as teenagers in high school and fall for each other very quickly. Then they lose touch and we follows them years and years later as they reconnect.

This book has two things in it that I usually don't like in
naz
- Spoilers

Eleanor & Grey? Should have been called Nicole & Grey because the second half was all about her and how much Grey loved her with all his heart.

Yes, I am in the minority here, but I despised this book. Although, I did adore part 1 but that adoration was completely ruined by the last half so that's always nice.

Note to self: ALWAYS FUCKING READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE STARTING A BOOK YOU ABSOLUTE DICKHEAD. I can only blame myself, it was my mistake reading this but never again.

Hero hung up o
Dilek VT
Mar 24, 2019 marked it as nope
Shelves: death-of-ex
First I was hesitant to read this book as I needed to know why they were separated in the first place so that I could decide if I wanted to read it or not. But the problem lies elsewhere, not why they were separated.

My dear friend Sanzida suggested that I read the following review, which she thought would help me to decide to read this book or not. And it really did.

Shortly, the heroine seems to be the second best to the hero who lost his wife and still
Wil Loves Books!
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, on-kindle, arc, 2019
“5 - More of This, Stars!”

“Our love story was so much more than a romantic tale. Our story was about friendship. About family. About looking out for those who always looked out for you. His soul was born to be loved by mine.”

More of This. Yes, please More of This. More amazing, beautiful and quality writing like this is what we need in this world. Brittainy Cherry is so freaking talented. I don’t know how she does it but every new book of hers tops the last, and so on. She’s always in my
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm feeling just like this... <3

Another wonderful book from Ms. Cherry! :)

Expected publication: April 8th 2019
*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤

----------------------

BLURB :

Greyson East left his mark on me.

Life was perfect…until it wasn’t, and when we were forced to go our sepa
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

"Happy"

Starting a Brittainy C cherry book is like cocooning yourself in the most softest blanket that you’ve ever felt. Not only do you feel safe and warm, but there’s this kind of peace that centers you and you will give anything to try and keep that feeling. Her words are like a healing balm over broken hearts diminishing endless tears that had no choice, but to flow in the stream of utter despair on the flesh of the damaged and lost souls.

At
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Still Here Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

-Sometimes in life you just have to leap.
-You have to take the leap, and just trust that you can fly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eleanor Gable is a sixteen year old living in Raine, Illinois when Greyson East enters her life. She’s the awkward introvert who often felt invisible and could usually be found somewhere quiet reading, and he’s the popular gorgeous boy at her high school who could have any girl he wanted. She can’t figure it out, but for some reason he
mel ☽
h was definitely second best and y'all know that's my number one hated trope.

BUT the first half was so good and the writing is beautiful. though, can't forget how Greyson got over Eleanor really quickly and got together with his wife so fast, even while he was still talking to the girl he "loves" aka our h.

was she not worth it?
was she, dare i say, forgettable ?

i don't know but i've read another book with similar situation to this (Fighting Solitude by Aly Martinez) but it was kinda worse s
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Meh Stars
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
❤️5 stars❤️

"We were still broken, and cracked, and growing and learning. We were mistakes and perfection, flowing streams and hurricanes."

Such a beautiful story, the journey of Eleonor and Grey is sweet,emotional and intense.It was realistic and original.

description

I adored the characters,Eleanor and Grey met when they were young , I liked how their story goes it was emotional. Eleanor is a fantastic heroine,strong and sweet. I could feel everything they went through.They have fears ,they make mistakes li
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5+++ "Still here... & More of that..." stars***

"He was him. I was me. And we were us. This was us. This was our story." {Eleanor}

"She was her, I was me, and we were us. There was no label for it. We were just two people helping each other breathe." {Greyson}

I really don't know why i don't want to write reviews the way i always do when it's about a book by Brittainy C. Cherry!!!
The only sure is that I'm always emotionally overloaded and the words don't find the way to get out of
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
This is Brittany at her finest! All finesse and spot on. Mixing the cute and the sad. Blending ray of sunshine with weeping skies. Perfect balance.

4,5 stars
“Our love story was so much more than a romantic tale. Our story was about friendship. About family."

This story is filled with moments.

Moments to smile tenderly with the meet cute of Eleanor and Grey at a party that bookworm Eleanor did not want to attend. I love that scene at the party. I can see it so clearl
Elizabeth
Apr 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Update: I ended up reading this bc it was KU, and I am weak. All my thoughts below still stand. The heroine existed simply to give the hero a reward for having to go through losing the real love of his life. She will never know what it feels to be a first choice or be loved above all. She should have also had a love so they both come to the table from an equal place looking for a second chance at happiness, not a place where the heroine is just a default choice for him. The author tried to equiv ...more
Effy
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary

“Maybe all people needed sometimes was for someone to keep showing up for them during the hard days, even when they tried their best to push everyone away.”

Undoubtedly, Brittainy C. Cherry has it in her to write heart-breaking, emotional roller-coaster romances.

The novel is narrated in dual povs and is split in two parts. It follows Eleanor, an introverted, shy teenager who has a heart of gold. She wears crocheted dragonfly cardigans and prefers obsessing over Harry Potter to socializing with he

☽Ari
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3 I am definitely sorry for not loving it more stars

Okay, so this is officially a major #MeNotYou with this one. I think I should love it more, but the sweetness overwhelmed me, and triggered all my diabetic impulses.

And it becomes even more apparent when you really feel nada for a book written by your unicorn author. And really, that's all that I can say for this because it's not like I have a lot to say. I don't hate this book, but I just don't love this either.

*cue sighs*
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Eleanor Gable and Greyson East came from two different worlds. A shared experience brought them together and formed an unlikely friendship. But as the friendship blossomed, they were forced to find their own path. Years later, they were brought back together but nothing was like what they knew and remembered.

“Please don’t do this…”
“Do what?”
“Make it so clear that I’m failing this family.”

It’s been a long time sin
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brittainy Cherry, you have done it again, broken my heart to a gazillion pieces and then pieced it back together piece by piece. What a heartbreaking and breathtaking love story that spanned 15 years that left me a blubbering mess!

Right from the Prologue, your heart will be put through the ringer. Grey and Eleanor were there for each other when they were younger. They gave each other the strength to continue when they felt like they could not keep going. Fast forward 15 years and once again they
Lien
He was him, I was me, and we were us. This is our story.

There's no way I can talk about this book without spoilers, so here it is. The spoiler warning.

In all the years I've been reading romance, I've never had the feeling that the heroine was ever "second-best" to a widower with kids (because let's be real here, that's how most of these stories go, if there's a widower, there's at least one kid around). But now I get it. I do. Because this is precisely how I felt while reading this book.

T
~♡AB♡~
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
(view spoiler) ...more
Irina
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
The amount of tears I shed over this book is crazy. I loved it.

• What if we Drown (What If, #1)
  • It was always you (Blakely Brüder, #1)
  • Madly (In Love #2)
  • What if we Stay (What If, #2)
  • In Harmony
  • It was always love (Blakely Brüder, #2)
  • Truly (In Love #1)
  • Nos âmes tourmentées
  • Wild Like a River (Kanada #1)
  • BreakAway (BreakAway, #1)
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • When We Fall (LOVE NXT, #2)
  • Schattenblick (Midnight Chronicles #1)
  • An Ocean Between Us (Between Us, #1)
  • Free like the Wind (Kanada #2)
  • New Dreams (Green Valley Love #3)
  • New Horizons (Green Valley Love #4)
  • Don't LOVE me (Die Don't Love Me - Reihe, #1)

Chances (3 books)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)

News & Interviews

“„I've never read Harry Potter,” he said, and for the first time in my life, I felt bad for Greyson East.

What a sad, sad life he lived.”
9 likes
“Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” 8 likes