Start by marking “Hell’s Spells (Ordinary Magic, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hell’s Spells  (Ordinary Magic, #6)

Hell’s Spells

(Ordinary Magic #6)

In a town like Ordinary, anything can happen. Unfortunately for Delaney Reed, it usually does...

Sheriff Delaney Reed’s little beach town where gods vacation and monsters reside is finally back to normal. No possessed souls, no vortexes to hell, and absolutely no one’s turned into a frog lately. Then the queen of demons appears in her backseat begging to hide out in Ordinar
Published October 9th 2020 by Odd House Press

Start your review of Hell’s Spells (Ordinary Magic, #6)
Barbara
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this latest Ordinary Magic story, Sheriff Delaney Reed is dealing with more demons, a boyfriend that seems more distant every day, and some magic items that have gone missing, along with the every day vacationing gods and other supernaturals in Ordinary, Oregon. It seems like Delaney just can’t catch a break with demons, after Bathin gave her soul back and became her sister’s boyfriend, along comes his totally annoying mother who takes the form of a pink unicorn asking to live in her town, an ...more
Melindeeloo
Back to Ordinary and apparently kicking off a new series arc. I was happy to stumble on this, as I thought the series had wrapped up. Not all of the story is 'feel good' though, some of the characters are having a rough time. Delaney is back in the lead and she feels her relationship with Riley breaking and she is also suffering from memory blackouts - I am reading on the light side right now, so I found some of this to be stressful. But there are some great moments with Crow and a flash mob and ...more
Ami
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hell's Spells is the a start of a new multibook arc in the world of Ordinary Magic by Devon Monk. However, the book doesn't end with cliffhanger (THANK GOD!) although it does feel like a huge trouble is looming ahead for the Reed sisters and the citizens (gods, supernatural beings, and demons) of Ordinary. A huge trouble in form of (view spoiler).

But yes, let's keep that for the next book. In this one though... Delaney has anothe
Darcy
There was a lot going on in this one, but it sort of seemed like the book was split into 2. The first part was Delaney being a bit off and odd things happening to her. Once she realized what was going on she did what she could to stop things and ask for forgiveness. I think it was the last step that Delaney took that made everyone's reaction to not blame her for what happened and how they all took steps to protect her.

The last part of the book got to be a bit crazy. More demons in town and it's
Theresa
5 Stars... Delaney is losing time, Ryder is MIA, new demons are making appearances and demands, one diva of a unicorn wants to take center stage, Ordinary is on the brink of war, and Death has a cold and maybe a girlfriend???... Anything else on Delaney's "To Do List" and she may literally explode... Oh, and we cannot forget the absolutely, beautiful, and most perfect ending one could ask for, LOVED IT... Nope, I am not telling!! Come to Ordinary and find out what all the chaos and talk is about ...more
Alison
Welcome to Ordinary, the small town where gods and goddesses come to vacation.

Delaney Reed is the police chief of Ordinary, she removes the gods’ powers from them when they come to the town to live like normal people.

In this book, Delaney is dealing with a demon queen, who likes to masquerade as a pink unicorn, a demon trying to force her to break a contract, and a series of mysterious thefts. Oh, and Death (aka Than) has a common cold. Also Ryder, her boyfriend, is avoiding her. Did I mention t
Polly
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to the series, very cute!
Anita
I've enjoyed everything in this series, and this book holds up, even though it seemed like the series might have been wrapping up a couple books ago. (I guess the author got a contract for more.) There's enough humor and unexpected paranormal elements to pleasantly surprise me and keep me coming back for more. ...more
jammaster_mom
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great Urban Fantasy series that is unique and fun!

This series revolves around the town of Ordinary, Oregon. It is a sleepy, seaside town that has fun festivals to attract tourists throughout the year. It is also a vacation destination for gods and goddesses who want to live a mortal life for a time. They can set aside their powers, sign a contract and abide by the laws of the town. No all are able to follow the rules and not all fit in the town but everyone is able to try. Given events
Marsha
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s so fun being back in the town of Ordinary. In “Hell’s Spells” the oldest Reed sister, Delaney has been having short memory black outs. To make matters worse someone has been stealing important artifacts from the most important people in town and if that is not enough, Delaney’s boyfriend has been acting weird.

Nothing is ever quite as it seems in Ordinary. Bathin’s demon mother, Xtelle wants to be allowed into town. No one really trusts her but she willingly signs the contract so Delaney all
Richard
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another fine trip to God’s favorite small town.

All books in this series are what you’d classify as a fun summer read. They are really good in that category and this one is no exception. Usually they have the main character a bit too distracted/engrossed in their love interest. Not the case with volume. It is still there but taken down a notch or two.

The town of Ordinary is where the gods set aside their powers to vacation and the Reed sisters are the local law enforcement that keeps the peace b
Cheryl
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delaney has her soul back from Bathin and it is in the healing stage. Bathin is now a citizen of Ordinary as he has signed a contract and is with Myra whom he loves dearly! Just when we think things are going well we have a plot twist!
This story has several side stories. One involves Ryder and Delaney, Bathin and his past, his mom and her life but there is never a dull moment in this book! I loved reading the series and look forward to the next book!
You will enjoy the sleepover that Delaney h
Mimi
Feb 05, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delaney and Ryder

I really enjoyed the mystery in this book. We got to see a lot more demons and Estelle. Delaney is much more patient than I ever could be. I would have made the sarcastic comments much before she got to them. Nothing in Ryder’s behaviour really explains what the end product was. His behaviour clearly said I can’t be bothered to be here and not even sending texts.

I also can’t get behind Delaney’s Commons that she hadn’t even thought of Ryder after everything that happened when s
William Howe
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightfully strange

Dragon-pig, Demon Queen / miniature Unicorn, Death (who also sells kites), a Valkyrie, werewolves, vampires, and a small town they all call home. So long as they follow the rules.

This was a bit mushier than I usually like, and the MC was almost painfully obtuse. But it is still a very entertaining world.

You can easily read this book without having read the previous 5, but you would be missing out on all of the fun stuff. Like Zombie Garden Gnomes.

I will buy the next novel. Be
Carolyn
Not the best installment in the series

In the interest of steering clear of spoilers, I’ll just say that one of the characters spent the majority of the book acting like a jerk, and I don’t feel that the actions were adequately explained or answered for in the end. The ending of this story didn’t feel earned to me, and I was left still annoyed with this character, and irritated by their actions. I’ve loved all the other installments in this series, but this one really falls short for me.
Nadia
Feb 23, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Vetter
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too many demons

Gods on vacation are tricky enough to deal with throw in a demon and look out. Not to be trusted any way, shape or form, not as a unicorn, pony, bull or human. Watch what you say it could come back to bite you in the butt. Thank to the Reed daughters Ordinary will live to see another day. Gotta read this story you will love the snark and humor and the surprise ending. Great job. Looking forward to more of Ordinary. Thank you.
Angela
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally! Some good stuff!

I just finished some other series today and I was thinking about how I didn’t like the conclusion. Things get so rough in the novels people forget about enjoying the Ordinary. But the ending of this set of novels is fantastic. Love how these characters and this premise.
Adrienne
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, a perfect story. The town will never be the same with the arrival of more demons,, especially a diva demon. But, the residents come together to help one of their own and protect her from those demons wanting to take advantage. Its a fun little story. The banter between Than and Delaney puts a smile on your face and makes you laugh out loud. I look forward to the next story.
Cathie
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoy this series easy romance in a paranormal setting.

In this one in particular, although the romance angle was easy to figure out I enjoyed the paranormal side. The main character was clever with her dealing with what was going on. I was worried at first but enjoyed the characters, in particular the sisters, working through the challenge and the resolution.
Chris
2.5 stars. Another enjoyable addition to the series. I also read the two short stories in Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection. ...more
Dawn
Oct 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great return to Ordinary

As usual Devon Monk brings the town of Ordinary and its decided unOrdinary citizens. This brings us a whole lot of love, plus acloser look at Than, Delaney and the entire gang. Very entertaining.
John E
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than Ordinary

This is one of those magical series that you wish you could binge read daily. More demons, more gods and an invite to Thanatos' house. Welcome back to Ordinary.
Manola Dobbs
Hell's Spells

Great read. The three sisters are really fun and funny. My favorite character is Death/Than. I dislike the Unicorn. She is funny but still don't like her. This a good book and series
Susan Roe
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not So Ordinary

Lets just say I can't wait for the next book in this series. Always entertaining, the Reed sisters have a town full of vacationing gods under control. Love the characters, the town, and the humor.

Sandi
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Love all of this authors books.
Sharon Parsons
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series and this was another great book, can't wait for the next book ...more
Sue
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devon monk always delivers

Really, what more can be said? She's one of the most enjoyable reads around. So many interesting characters and threads all woven together
Christine
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
These books are like candy for me.
Mai
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
4++. I love Ordinary. I wish I could live there! Great stories!

• Dirty Deeds: An Urban Fantasy Collection
  • Moment of Truth (The Potentate of Atlanta #5)
  • Proof of Life (The Potentate of Atlanta, #4)
  • Blood Heir (Aurelia Ryder, #1)
  • Dying with Her Cheer Pants On
  • Grave War (Alex Craft, #7)
  • Bad Moon on the Rise (Six-Gun Shifters #1)
  • War Song (The Rift Chronicles, #2)
  • Shifting Shadows (Mercy Thompson #0.1, #0.5, #0.7, #0.9, #1.2, #1.8, #4.5, #5.5, #7.4, #8.5)
  • The Flame Game (Magical Romantic Comedies, #12)
  • Elemental's Curse (Alice Skye #4)
  • Thrall (Blood Trails Book 8)
  • Dervishes Don't Dance (Valkyrie Bestiary #2)
  • Heart of Vengeance (Alice Worth, #6)
  • Magic Misled (Lizzie Grace, #7)
  • The Summer Tree (The Fionavar Tapestry #1)
  • Three Charms for Murder (The Case Files of Henri Davenforth, #5)
  • Vampire Detective Midnight (Vampire Detective Midnight, #1)
Devon Monk is a national best selling writer of urban fantasy. Her series include Ordinary Magic, House Immortal, Allie Beckstrom, Broken Magic and Shame and Terric. She also writes the Age of Steam steampunk series, and the occasional short story which can be found in her collection: A Cup of Normal, and in various anthologies. She has one husband, two sons, and lives in Oregon. When not writing, ...more

Ordinary Magic (7 books)
  • Death and Relaxation (Ordinary Magic, #1)
  • Devils and Details (Ordinary Magic, #2)
  • Gods and Ends (Ordinary Magic, #3)
  • Rock Paper Scissors (Ordinary Magic, #4)
  • Dime a Demon (Ordinary Magic, #5)
  • Nobody's Ghoul (Ordinary Magic #7)