Start by marking “Tomorrow I'll Be Kind” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow I'll Be Kind

Tomorrow I'll Be Kind

In a follow-up to Tomorrow I'll Be Brave, award-winning illustrator Jessica Hische brings to life another series of inspirational words and scenes with her lovely hand-lettering and adorable illustrations. This uplifting and positive book encourages kids to promise that tomorrow, they will be grateful, helpful, and kind.

Tomorrow I'll be everything
I strive to be each day
Published January 14th 2020 by Penguin Workshop

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow I'll Be Kind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomorrow I'll Be Kind

Start your review of Tomorrow I'll Be Kind
Calista
This is a darling beginning book. The animals: rabbit, cat and mouse, are super cute and the colors are super bright. It seems to me that Jessica is big time into calligraphy. I like it myself. She had some beautiful lettering in the book.

The book is rhymed which makes me happy. The story is about being our best selves that we can be. Well be kind, generous, honest, grateful, etc. Its a nice story.

I have given up reading these beginning books to the nephew. He doesnt like any of them. Today, it
La Coccinelle
Feb 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
This book is a bit strange. While the sentiments are nice, I don't really understand the "tomorrow" element. It makes the book seem like a manual for procrastination. Why can't you be helpful, generous, and kind today? Why do you need to put it off? (If you keep saying "tomorrow", you'll never actually have to do it. So what's the point here?)

The illustrations are interesting. Colourful and graphic, they still manage to incorporate lots of details. Each of the concepts is highlighted with a big,
Shaye Miller
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
This book will make a fantastic bedtime reading book as a child thinks of all the good things he wants to do the following day. In brightly colored illustrations and full-paged words, we read about how a child wants to be helpful, patient, gentle, honest, generous, grateful, and kind. Great ending thoughts before it's time to sleep!

For more children's literature, middle grade literature, and YA literature reviews, feel free to visit my personal blog at The Miller Memo!
Michelle
When people look back at childrens books, theyll definitely say wow. That is so 2020. Its a sweet little book with illustrations, color and sentiment firmly rooted in what publishers are after these days. Im not saying I dont like it. The lettering is somewhat hard to read for its intended audience.

If you want a message book, this one will suit your needs.
Melanie
A sweet rhyming poem-style story of a young rabbit who promises to focus on a multitude of positive behaviors.

The concept of this title is wonderful, however the execution leaves much to be desired. As where the illustrations are beautiful, the adjectives themselves are almost unreadable due to their size and fonts used on the page. I had to hold the book at arms length to be able to make out most of the words.

Definitely not recommended for storytime.
Brindi Michele
Feb 26, 2020 rated it liked it
At first glance, I wasn't fond of this one. I didn't dislike it, it's just not something I would choose to share in a read aloud at storytime. I think it's best with one-on-one sharing because the font can be difficult to read, unless you're super familiar with the pages. However, after reading the author's blurb, I get why it is the way it is, and it works for that purpose. And it is a sweet message.
Suzy
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful book! Some of the words are hard to read because there are pictures over-laid but its still lovely. There is also something going on with the family in the story (a loss of someone), children may not notice it but I sure did.
I also liked how the family had a rabbit, a cat and a mouse, which might be signifying adoption or foster family, which is nice to see.
Melissa
I get she's a "hand lettering artist" but it made some words ironically hard to read to take away from the book and its message.
Jana
It seems like we live in an age in which so many people have a tough time interacting positively with each other. When so many of us are isolated and glued to our phones, young people have a tough time finding positive role models of living in community with others. This sweet picture books highlights seven positive behavior traits and uses simple rhyming text to show a little bunny that is trying very hard to do the right thing every day. When the day is done, even if one has fallen short, ...more
Karen
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a follow up book to Tomorrow Ill be Brave and is done in the same style. Which is to say that it isnt a storybook, but rather a visual explication of the qualities of kindness. A double truck (side by side pages) contain a hand lettered word such as patience that is a specific attribute of kindness. The next two pages contain a simple description of the image in front of the reader that now shows the word from the previous page being put into action, for example, a patient person might ...more
Tessa Baer
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beautiful illustrations. Nice flow with the rhymes throughout the story.
Rcltigger
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture_books
Lovely illustrations accompany an inspiring text. All ages should read this before bed. Particularly our current political leaders!
Leslie
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Those familiar with Tomorrow Ill Be Brave will find a similar approach to living out the artistically rendered words: with thoughtfulness, and tenacity. We are only asked to try our best, get a good nights rest, and try again tomorrow. I appreciate the inclusion that maybe there is a level of preparation involved in our pursuits, even beyond sleeping. Sure the efforts of a day require rest, but Hisches protagonists dream. The text at the close reads Ill dream of the good that comes when we all ...more
Sally
Beautifully written, beautifully illustrated
A message reminder for us all.

"Tomorrow I'll be kind,
my heart, my guiding light.
The smallest spark of kindness,
shines through the darkest night.
Alice
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Linda Atkinson
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Key words a little too artsy for me to decipher, but loved the sentiment.
S
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebook
Reads as a sort of affirmation for the next day. Definitely a bedtime story book. Would make a nice gift book.
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
Ms Threlkeld
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Dazzling illustrations and valuable message, but I wish it wasn't written as a bedtime story so it had more universal appeal.
Steph
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Its pretty, but the words spread across the double pages are sometimes hard to read. Also, Im all about choosing right now to be the best I can be so the idea of tomorrow Ill be wasnt my jam. ...more
Kelsey
Age: Preschool-1st grade

Great vocabulary for different ways to be kind. Each key word is written in an elaborate font that takes up the whole page but also serves as interactive objects that are related to the word or the setting. For PATIENT, a slide dips through the 'n' while a zebra sits on the 'a.' Although you may not immediately read the word, the reward of a little extra effort is fun. Crisp illustrations, a reflection of tomorrow, and a sweet bedtime read make this stand out amidst the
Jessica
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Good rhyming.
Lettering was trick to read. Maybe outlined in black would have helped... or smaller on the double spread.
Agree with reviews who suggest it should have been "Today I'll Be Kind," because why wait. When I read this to kids I will likely say TODAY.
Earl
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Great message and a beautifully designed book but some of the fancy text was hard to read.
Tracie
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Rhyming
Barbra
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
This book about kindness is a real work of art. I just wonder why it couldn't have been called "Today I'll be Kind?" Why not start right away. Helpful, Patient, Gentle Honest, Generous, Grateful and Kind all show examples of what these words mean. With lots of colourful illustrations young readers can be guided through the situations and discuss how they can do the same. I love the book and its concept but still feel small children will need to have older readers provide explanations.
Nicole
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I loved the message the book conveyed but the lettering page spreads are hard to read at times. Full review to come soon.
Justin
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved an early copy from edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. I loved this. I feel like this is one you can read at anytime to remind yourself to be a better person. To strive towards goodness. I wish this was going to be out in time for the first few days of school. I'd love to use it in my classroom.
Beth
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I get that the author/illustrator is a lettering artist, but most of the lettering was difficult to read for me and I'm an adult who learned cursive in school. I can't imagine that the fancy lettering will be easy for the kids to read.
Cheryl
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
What a great message. I love a story that rhymes!!
Edward Sullivan

• Truman
  • Kevin the Unicorn: It's Not All Rainbows
  • Just Like Me

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...