Start by marking “Crescendo (Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)” as Want to Read:
Crescendo (Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)

Crescendo

(Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

"I'm sorry."

A stage play turns into high drama when the leading man's mutilated body takes center stage--and the remorseful note pinned to his chest is Malcolm and Seong-Jae's only clue to finding the killer. What should be a simple case is complicated by secrets and lies; as more and more of Seong-Jae's past surfaces, every deflection and careful hal
Published May 10th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Crescendo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crescendo

Start your review of Crescendo (Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)
Shile

GAAAAAAAHHH!!!! I am taking sides!! I am on MAL'S SIDE!!!

This book!!!!

Nicola
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5 stars.

Things you’ve probably gathered by now:

• This is one of my favourite series.
• I sound like a stuck record after each episode.

Therefore, because I am being a complete and utter lazy arse, I recommend reading this for why. Oh, and maybe this one if you fancy it because people quite liked it too for some reason.

description ...you are the thing that gives me life.”

Anyhoo yes, my friends this series is that marvellous, Crescendo is another brilliant episode which leaves us dangling on a pr
Lisazj1
God, they are breaking my heart!

And damn Sade for sticking their nose where it didn’t belong!

I can’t think of anything else to say, except that I hope and pray that Seong-Jae gets to be the one to slay his dragon. And then can talk to Mal. Ugh. 💔
haletostilinski
Okay, first things first: WHEW, that wasn't as painful as I was expecting.

That is not to say that it wasn't painful, but I was expecting shit like Sila to show up and hurt Malcolm (he doesn't...yet). I'm not saying it's happy, because it isn't. Malcolm and Seong-Jae have got some problems and this ends with their relationship up in the air. I guess it didn't feel as painful for me because I believe these two can talk about this and work it out.

Sila, on the other hand...scares the crap out of me
Mo
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I want to kill one of these guys and hug the other ...

Had he fallen in love with a lie ...

Questions and Answers - we need some. And soon ... or else I don't know how things are going to turn out.

Mal isn't stupid ... he has heard things. There are clues. But he needs Seong-Jae to be the one to give him the answers. There has to be trust on both sides.

... the scents of diesel and smoke, haunting him as deeply as the bitter salt taste of tears.

At one stage I was shouting at Mal, "Do it!",
⚣Michaelle⚣
Damn.

Every time I pick this series up after neglecting it for far longer than I should, I find myself surprised by how good it is. How it's so well-written, tightly edited and perfectly paced. How much emotion gets packed into the love story.

You'd think I'd have learned by now. And that I would have learned not to let too much time pass between each installment. But that's the thing - Cole has woven such a great story that it feels like I only read the previous one last week (instead of months a
Ariana
I am coming away from this episode in tatters.

The cloud that’s been hanging over Malcolm and Seong-Jae is starting to darken and rumble and by the end it is ready to burst into a huge nasty storm.

Malcolm has long figured out that something’s afoot with Seong-Jae. Something that bothers him so much he is seriously affected by it physically. But Seong-Jae will not talk to him about it, or even acknowledge that something’s brewing between them because of it, and Malcolm is scared to mention it ...
Deborah
Sep 16, 2020 rated it liked it

I have to be honest.
This wasn’t my favourite. I like Malcom and Seong-Jae together and strong.
I know, I know Sila is looming and we’re heading for trouble. But I didn’t like the divide that’s opening up between them.
Also the actual crime element wasn’t that strong.
But it’s straight onto the next one for me now.
Gerbera_Reads
The story is getting more intense by the minute! I can taste it! Both Malcolm and Seong-Jae are circling around each other - one is scared to ask and the other is scared to have to answer the inevitable questions. They pretend that everything is as it should be but the facade is quickly crumbling. Malcolm is at a loss about how to keep Seong-Jae from bolting, and Seong-Jae is ready to snap mentally and physically.

It is right there - the big elephant in the room but both men cling to any shred o
Chris
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,5 stars ... OMG- seriously I am getting stressed with this series !!! Malcolm & Seong Jay deserve love, peace & rest. Did I say love & peace ?? Oh lord, the angst and pain continues and we are left with a serious cliffhanger. Jesus I love this series so much but hate the damn wait 🤯😬😮😐 ...more
Elisa Glendenning
Not much to say apart from, WTF Seong-Jae!!! 😡
ReadingAllNite
Shelves: m-m, arc-read, author-site
Can I just say that the author writes some of the hottest foreplay I’ve ever read. This was a such a troubling episode. Cole McCade has ramped up the suspense and has me all twisted up over Seong Jae and Malcolm. They’re breaking my heart again, even while they’re falling harder than ever for each other. I wasn’t as taken with the murder plot as it didn’t feel as well put together as some of the previous episodes. The ending leaves the enigma of Sila and Seong Jae’s history still hanging with fe ...more
Rosabel
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mariah
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have a feeling I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight until I read the last two books in this season.
Tomorrow is going to be a terrible fucking day at work
Aleksandra
Shelves: 2019-releases
Before you read anything I have to say about book # 11 please check out this short scene, it’s the funniest thing I’ve read:

“You Westerners wouldn’t understand.”
Malcolm just stared at her.
“I’m Middle Eastern.”
“I am Korean.” Seong-Jae added in a tone that could freeze water.
“And you are distinctly Caucasian American. So tell us again what we wouldn’t understand”

Fun things are over though.

The book is 3.5 stars for me. This installment is one of my least favorite of this season for following reason
♥Sharon♥
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This was a tough one. These two men are breaking my heart. :( Especially Seong-Jae. He hurts so deeply. He worries me. I pray to god that Malcolm can be strong enough for he both of them.

"Ah, god." Malcolm stole that please from Seong-Jae's lips, one last trembling moment of softness. Before he fell as an angel from on high, a thing of ripping and tearing and violence, giving in to the darkness that swallowed him as he tumbled from grace."

I finished this one last night and HAD to st
Bev
Eek!! Things are really hotting up now....
Caipi
Frustrating and heartbreaking!
On to the next one...

Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Sade!!!! Why why don’t you listen. I told you to have several seats many many many episodes back, but did you listen?!!!! Noooo!!! You are as bad as my sons. Not listening, thinking you know better. Now look what you did!!!

I don’t know what you did but, you played right into sila’s hands and now Mal is heartbroken, Yoon is shut down, and Sila’s game is set in motion.

And my heart isn’t ready for the season finally.

This episode is about COMMUNICATION!!!!!
They say the number one thing that kills
Lori
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So intense and my heart is already breaking for the guys.
Jess
I am struggling to review this.
"ARGH!" -basically sums it up. I am super Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in awe with the burning romance between Mal and Seong Jae. I used to be Seong Jae gal, but this episode has made me all Mal's gal. I am f*ing frustrated with Seong Jae reluctance to trust Mal, his fear of Silas and his struggle with himself. I want to just roll him into a blanket and throw to Mal. I am also very annoyed and irritated with Silas! I really hope we get to see the end of this
Dannica Zulestin
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: quiltbag, ku, m-m
The only thing you really need to know about this book is that Seong-jae finally calls Malcolm a wolf out loud. It was bound to happen eventually. Forget all of the communication issues and secrets between them, all I want is to see these two sit down and have a lengthy discussion about how Seong-jae has for the entire series been thinking of Malcolm as a wolf.

"Well," Malcolm says, "I sometimes do think of you as a crow, so I guess that makes sense." Seong-jae immediately is offended by being co
I received this book for free via Booksprout for an honest review.

This was a very quick instalment into the series. It's basically the calm before the storm. I quite liked the case Malcolm and Seong-Jae are investigating -- it was creepy and entertaining, especially as you try to guess who the culprit is (I guessed wrong).

But the main point of this novel is to up the tension between Malcolm and Seong-Jae before the finale. Seong-Jae and Malcolm are drifting apart slowly: Seong-Jae is guilty and
Athira
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome-series, lgbtq
Fuck. Fuuuuuck!
I knew it was going to happen. I was on edge the whole time because I was waiting for it and it still hurt like a bitch! They are killing me!

What the fuck, Cole? And I'm going to kill Sade! Why, damn it!! For fuck's sake Seong Jae, talk to Mal.

I cannot ever be good for you, but I am too selfish to let you go.

Oh I just wanna hug Mal. My heart hurts for him. He's so perfect and I just want both of them to be happy.

Cresendo is aptly named. Shit is just going to get wilder. Loved th
Vivo
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
It's getting more intense and complicated, I tell myself each time I need a break from this series, and after I choose another book to read I found myself close it and get back to the next book in this series, am very curious about what gonna happen between and to all the charactors, and I believe Cole was lying about Malcolm origin, Mal must be from Utopia, is there is anybody acting or thinking like that?
Claudia
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is definitely bad for blood pressure .... even when the mystery part is "only" good, the relationship part gives you whiplash

I love Malcolm and Seong-Jae ... each on their own but together they are great and definitely one of my favourite couples
Nicole Field
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Another short one, and the tension is definitely ramping up as we finish this last novel before the two part finale of the first season of this author's experiment.

The idea was to write a TV season, released once a month, in book form. And honestly this reads so so well as exactly what was intended. When we start this episode, Malcolm is wondering how he's going to keep it from Seong-Jae that he has been given access to something that clearly Seong-Jae doesn't want him knowing.

They don't talk
M
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The one that broke me so bad I had to go deep-breathing at three in the morning.

This episode tore through me like a tornado. Everything *hurt*. I wanted to keep going on a hunt for Sade to hug them and keep them safe and also to ask them why or why they couldn’t have handled the secret stuff a tiny bit differently. Although I understood them so, so well.

I wanted to curl up around Mal and Seong-Jae individually and together and make them feel all the comfort and soothing feelings by sharing bod
Annie
Completely and Utterly Hooked

I love police procedurals and romantic suspense, so of course I was excited when this author announced this series idea and shared insights on his Patreon way back when. I knew it would be good. I mean he’s an auto-buy for me for a reason, but I honestly couldn’t have fathomed just how amazing this series would be. The slow burn romance between Malcolm and Seong-Jae is incredible. Their chemistry palpable in the little touches, snarky comments, and sweet moments, has
Adrienn Csép
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was really looking forward to this new 'chapter' because of the previous one ending. I was really curious who will be brave enough: Mal to ask questions (I guessed he will never look into the folder without permission) or Seong-Jae to talk (I thought he's pride and stubbornness will be a big problem). Mal didn't disappoint me, he will go through with it even if it hurts. But still not the right question/s was/were asked and because of that I'm afraid the consequences will be really serious. I ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Dealing in Death (Death and the Devil #2.5)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • The Rational Faculty (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #1)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Police Brutality (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #2)
  • Declination (Borealis Investigations, #3)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Broken Silence (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Long Way Home
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • Wayward (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #4)
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions: Season One (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)
  • Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)
  • It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
  • Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
  • A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions: Season One #9)
  • Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)

News & Interviews