Start by marking “True Love Never Fails... (True Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
True Love Never Fails... (True Love, #1)

True Love Never Fails...

(True Love #1)

From the family lives of the Bennet sisters and their characterful parents, to the hidden charm, grace, and elegance of the unflappable Mr. Darcy, it might seem as if fans of Austens timeless classic, Pride & Prejudice, know all there is to know about this truly great novel. However, within the pages of this much-loved book, there are questions which call out for ...more
Published April 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about True Love Never Fails..., please sign up.
Debra-Ann Was originally planned for this fall but has been delay due to health issues. Hope to have it released by Jan/Feb 2020

Start your review of True Love Never Fails... (True Love, #1)
Debbie
I couldn't make it past 50%. This book is NOT ready for publication and should be on a fan fiction forum site. There are just too many problems with it.

The plot is absurd. (The Bennet daughters are actually well-dowered, but that's a well-kept secret, and Mr. Bennet has directed his wife and daughters to role play their inappropriate behavior in order to test the mettle of any potential suitors.) OOC (out-of-character) and non-Regency behavior abounds as well as lots of illogical conversations
Madenna U
This Pride and Prejudice variation had a unique twist - what if the Bennet collectively faked being ridiculous in order to throw off gentleman who would be attracted to his daughters only for their money? That is exactly what this author did but also in combination with a Darcy who is not as prejudice as usual.

Elizabeth and Jane find their true loves with the help of Mary who also finds the love of her life. However, the Bennet deception causes issues in different ways. It also leaves a cliff
mrs aminat olubaji
May 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Confusing

Very confusing, badly written, weird not funny pranks, horrible falsehoods, what the hell, really not what I was expecting. Waste of time.
Marsha
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting and unique

This version of Pride and Prejudice Variation is one in which keeps you reading. I love the portrait of the Bennet family. They are so different. I love how the love blooms for all couples. Will say cliff hanger at end, but this just makes waiting for next book even better. Highly recommended
Sheena Austin
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I simply adore this book. The twists and turns and the unexpected take on a classic. Debra-Ann outdid herself! I never give spoilers but I will say that you really need to give this a chance. It's a page turner. You can tell she poured a lot of love into this book. You won't regret reading this!
Patricia M. Goodall
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Could not put this hook down

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This is one book which will be read many times. I'm sorry that it ended as a cliffhanger, but I look forward to reading the next book.
Fi Brit
May 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not worth enduring the authors poor technique

The basic premise of this book is interesting. Well, interesting enough to force myself to persevere despite the terrible writing. The author makes all the usual mistakes like info dumping, disjointed sentences, unnatural dialogue and too many slips into modern words and thinking.
Ultimately, the story didnt prove worth the headache.
Susan
In this P&P variation, what if the Bennets are not what their friends and neighbours believe. What if it is an act to ensure that all the daughters marry amiable men, men that love them despite their family.
It begins with Netherfield Hall being occupied by Charles Bingley. Soon to be joined by the rest of his family and Mr Darcy.
This is a re-read and once again I really enjoyed this story, very much.
Carmen
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-20
I wanted to like it as I do love a story where the Bennets are not at best idiots and at worst cruel but I couldn't. I did not like the writing style it frankly made it hard to get through the story but I kept going with some heavy skimming since I liked that Mary had a more present role.
Michelle
Mar 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Enjoyable

A rather interesting variation inspired by Jane Austen's classic Pride and Prejudice by Debra Anne Kummoung. I rather enjoyed it. Warning book one does end on a cliffhanger but book two is now available.
cheryl raps
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice work

I would have given 4 stars except for two reasons. First the author did not use the actual names of several major characters or follow the nature of Ms Austin's beautifully created characters. Secondly the book was full of glaring grammatical errors which should have been corrected in editing. However I did enjoy the story and with corrections (major and minor) would have enjoyed it more.

My advice is read the book, overlook the grammar and don't expect it to resemble the original work.

I
Lizabeth
Jun 21, 2019
Bethanne
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting take on the story

First, I seriously don't understand why the Bennet family deliberately acted uncouth and so far from proper decorum. Mr Bennet has his wife flutter her handkerchief and in a faked shrill voice act ridiculous. The girls were to ACT silly and ignorant in public while actually being educated and having perfect manners and a decent dowry. It made no sense and it ends up backfiring on them in a terrible way. No one wants to be lied to and this was exactly what Mr Bennet
lily johnson
Susan Butchko
rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2019
Estelle Reisman
rated it did not like it
Jun 14, 2019

• Writerly Ambitions: An Elizabeth and Darcy Story
  • Duels of Every Sort: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • A Trifling Cold: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Speechless
  • Mr. Darcy & Elizabeth: The Fashionable and Young: a Pride and Prejudice Variation Romance
  • TORN: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Sorrow and Second Chances
  • A Witch For Mr. Darcy: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • The Challenge of Entail
  • Men Of Consequence: A Pride And Prejudice Variation
  • His Choice of a Wife: A Pride and Prejudice Variation

True Love (2 books)
  • True Love Conquers All (True Love, #2)

News & Interviews