Start by marking “Spellbinding: An Anthology of Magic” as Want to Read:
Spellbinding: An Anthology of Magic

Spellbinding: An Anthology of Magic

Everyone knows magic isn’t real … But what if it was?

Nine tales, each one a snapshot of what happens to those who suddenly find themselves entangled with magic. From the wish that grants one sudden, unimaginable power, to a dark hex upon a wood, to faeries with nefarious intentions and hunters seeking blood, this anthology showcases the intricate web of adventure that come
Published April 5th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Spellbinding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spellbinding

Start your review of Spellbinding: An Anthology of Magic
Kathy
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A big thank you to the ARO program for the opportunity to read this book.

Nice collection of stories featuring different aspects of magic. Loved Hex Woods and The Fish, The Wish and Vinny. Enjoyed all 9 stories but those 2 were my favorites.
Samantha Henthorn
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short stories about spells and witches? Yes please! These nine tales are brilliant, starting with a hexed wood and that creepy little song about going down to the woods today. My favourite was 'Waiting' about a hospital waiting room, the author of this one captured obsessive-compulsive anxiety beautifully with what I thought was actually an uplifting meaning. The Wish I also really enjoyed, Guinevere is as alive as her husband's legend. I thought Crow Song was awesome - the crow knew a spell abo ...more
Jessica
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
A wide variety of different tropes and writing styles in this book. The last three stories are my favorites! They have some really spooky set-ups, and strong protagonists. And the last story features a badass m/m pairing!
C
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author gifted me a free copy of this book for a fair and honest review.

As others have stated, this is a collection of nine short stories. Very entertaining, adventurous, magical, a little scary but nicely done. It was different and unique. The characters were refreshing and not what I expected. Each story was very worthy to be read and I recommend not just reading the book but actually purchasing it. Each story is just long enough that I had time to enjoy it during my commute. There is a wit
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 CRANKY STARS

This is a collection of short stories involving magic. The authors are from around the world thus some of the storylines correspond to myths in their countries. There are 9 stories that are all very entertaining. Just on their own merits, each would receive a 5- star rating from me. I will just highlight a couple in this review.

Hex Woods by Sara Coates was good because of the creepy woods that no one ever entered. The ending was rather odd and different from what I was expecting.

Wa
Brenda
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
An eclectic collection of magical short stories. Each one a perfect length to read on the train during commuting or during lunch hour. Stories that are very thought provoking, leaving you to wonder what happens next. Each one with its own form of paranormal magic to explore. A great introduction to various authors. Several of whom I will now look for when selecting new reads.

S Lynn Helton
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection of nine tales of magic was a very entertaining read. While the stories all had an urban fantasy feel, the magic in each story was quite unique. The stories ranged from thoughtful to just a bit creepy. I enjoyed reading all of them and would definitely be interested in reading more stories like these from these authors.
*~VAMPKISS~* Angel of the night
I had recieved this book for free for a honest review.
So this is my very first time reading an anthology so I wasn't sure what to expect. There is 9 short stories of different magic events by different authors . the first story took me in and wanting more so I knew I wanted to read the rest to see if I got the same effect. Again I was not disappointed they were all well written and drew you in. I do reccomend this to someone who enjoys magic and world of mysteries .
Melissa Bobbitt
rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2019
Kasey
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Julie
Apr 13, 2020
John McKeogh
Apr 14, 2019
Meredith
Apr 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
H.K.
Apr 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Carmen
Apr 06, 2019
Matthew Hazel
Apr 07, 2019
Sara Coates
Apr 07, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nishant Jagunundan
Yasmine Aka Sémina
Mar 29, 2020
Weekendgothgirl
Apr 30, 2020

• The Sapphire Eruption: An Epic Adventure (The Sword's Choice Book 1)
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • The Long Song
  • Fake Girlfriend
  • Englishwoman in Paris
  • Dungeness and Dragons: A Driftwood Mystery (The Driftwood Mysteries Book 4)
  • Settlement
  • Englishwoman in Scotland
  • Englishwoman in Manhattan
  • Three Dumb: Wheelin' & Dealin' (A Val Fremden Mystery, #3)
  • The Englishwoman Trilogy: Box set of: Englishwoman in Paris, Englishwoman in Scotland, Englishwoman in Manhattan
  • To Catch a Witch (The Witches of Castle Clair Book 3)
  • The Hopes and Dreams of Lucy Baker
  • Single Dad on Top: The Complete Series Boxed Set
  • New Lease of Love (Rainbow Central, #2)
  • The Candlestick Maker (Rub-a-Dub-Dub #3)
  • Supernice: Smile. Or else.
  • Absolute Zero: Misadventures From A Broad (Val Fremden Mysteries #0)

News & Interviews